[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

Hmm.. what is this that i read, netizens are criticisng JKY's acting?... he is supposed to be elegant in behaviour because he is ^old^ and dignified...  sigh, kids dont know how to watch dramas these days...

I watched the new drama, Imitation... so I'm not sure what's the buzz about...the 1st episode was slowwww.... i dont want another DAYS slowness... sigh...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1

Really? Where did you read @realistic2280a? I can see that JKY start to gain fame from this drama. One thing I don't like about netizen keep spamming about Hyeri bf in Hyeri and Ki Yong instagram or any of their drama promotion. Totally disrespectful. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, orion00 said:

Really? Where did you read @realistic2280a? I can see that JKY start to gain fame from this drama. One thing I don't like about netizen keep spamming about Hyeri bf in Hyeri and Ki Yong instagram or any of their drama promotion. Totally disrespectful. 

It was in one of the twitter posts.... the person was defending Kiyong.. im not sure if she had read the korean netizens comments... u know how brutal those netizens can be.. sigh

Nvm, im overly happy at this minute,

1. When i saw JKY updating his IG of his and Hyeri's pictures again/ posting the same pictures as Hyeri, though in black and white... i thought he didnt plan to do it because of his cosmetic event today.

2. ^Cameo^ in tonight's episode is my fav drama, WWWSK's LYJ and KBS!..  haha... I mean those two, PSJ and PMY are really dating right:wub:

Am glad the writer of the drama thought of putting WWWSK's visuals on the drama/episode...

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Episode 10 start with happy and then sad at the last part. But I'm excited to see Jea Jin and Hye Sun pair develope futher. The funny part Woo Yeo shapeshifting to Jea Jin and try to hold Lee Dam's hand. Kim Do Wan really good mimicking Woo Yeo! Hahahaha. Both of them very tall man and protective to Dam in their own way. 

So now the conflict begin because mountain god refuse to let Woo Yeo and Lee Dam together and tie the red string to Seo Won and Lee Dam. I don't know if he just try to provoke Woo Yeo to make sure he became human faster by using this trick. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just finished watching the episode today and honestly I can’t wait again!!!! I like this drama because it didn’t stray too much from the manwha and I liked how the development of seon woo and dam here, it’s not infuriating like any other drama that has a second lead and we have to give thanks to the manwha creator who made this. 

it’s very refreshing to see a heroine that knows what she wants not just in life but in love as well. Her honesty and straightforwardness just makes her relationship with the ML solid. It’s very contrasting with the ML because this time he is the one faced with uncertainty but also not to discredit his character development because he is also very loveable, has flaws but also keeps you rooting for him.

Same with the SL too his character is developed in a way that it’s not irritating. Its  not the in your face I’m going to get your girl, you know. Like you don’t feel like Dam is going to get her heart strings tugged because her relationship with woo yeo is just solid, A grade. 

They also resolved conflicts right away and don’t leave misunderstandings to fester. Dam gets to the point and knows what she wants and woo yeo is honest as well and truthful about his intentions although he has reservations but Dam just compliments that old soul, reserve persona of his that creates this synergy between the two that no SL or even a red string can get between them 

im so glad they made this manwha into live action and very thankful that actors are giving these characters life to a T. They’ve done a superb job and anyone who is saying that they aren’t are just clueless, didn’t read the manga or just doesn’t understand each character and who they are or vice versa.  So happy today! Don’t have to worry about what’s going to happen 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

46 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

It was in one of the twitter posts.... the person was defending Kiyong.. im not sure if she had read the korean netizens comments... u know how brutal those netizens can be.. sigh

Nvm, im overly happy at this minute,

1. When i saw JKY updating his IG of his and Hyeri's pictures again/ posting the same pictures as Hyeri, though in black and white... i thought he didnt plan to do it because of his cosmetic event today.

2. ^Cameo^ in tonight's episode is my fav drama, WWWSK's LYJ and KBS!..  haha... I mean those two, PSJ and PMY are really dating right:wub:

Am glad the writer of the drama thought of putting WWWSK's visuals on the drama/episode...

About wwwsk, I'm not suprise the choose that drama because one of the director of mriag is the same director for wwwsk (his name is Park too). 

The picture Hyeri and Ki Yong posted today I think taken during the second date shooting because the wearing same clothes. It might taken during their shooting break just like they did it the first episode. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

43 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Episode 10 start with happy and then sad at the last part. But I'm excited to see Jea Jin and Hye Sun pair develope futher. The funny part Woo Yeo shapeshifting to Jea Jin and try to hold Lee Dam's hand. Kim Do Wan really good mimicking Woo Yeo! Hahahaha. Both of them very tall man and protective to Dam in their own way. 

So now the conflict begin because mountain god refuse to let Woo Yeo and Lee Dam together and tie the red string to Seo Won and Lee Dam. I don't know if he just try to provoke Woo Yeo to make sure he became human faster by using this trick. 

Spoiler

It’s not really a conflict, it’s that red string of faith, You probably have seen this in other dramas and I think it might be in Asian cultures (soulmate in western culture) regarding your destined one, your faithful person. Since woo yeo is not human yet he doesn’t have one tied to Dam or just doesn’t see it yet because he is still fox but trust me Dam is going to fixed it for him in a very Dam way which even makes the mountain GOD shiver lol~ 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@inaho101 thanks for the spoilers!

Just curious 

Spoiler

Is the red string already there between them (as you said as destiny)? Because in this episode, the mountain god pull his magic and tie them both. I'm not a very familiar with Buddishm, but I saw Korean drama before, god or deity can tie the string to whom they like and if the string is broken, the couple are set to be free from each other. I also seen this in Hotel de Luna before. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, orion00 said:

@inaho101 thanks for the spoilers!

Just curious 

Hide contents

Is the red string already there between them (as you said as destiny)? Because in this episode, the mountain god pull his magic and tie them both. I'm not a very familiar with Buddishm, but I saw Korean drama before, god or deity can tie the string to whom they like and if the string is broken, the couple are set to be free from each other. I also seen this in Hotel de Luna before. 

Spoiler

I don’t think the MG tied the string together from what I understood in today’s episode he just showed Woo yeo, Dam’s soulmate, he didn’t tie them or anything like that and in the manwha as well based on the pics. I think Dam and seon woo’s string had already been there beforehand,  it’s just wasn’t shown in the earlier chapters but I think it’s because seon woo confessed his feelings, and showed interest in her, that’s how their lives became intertwined and as explained by the MG himself, only humans can have their string twined to each other as Woo yeo is not so he can’t be Dam’s destined one yet. But Dam is just one of a kind that no red string of faith can sway her love for our lonely yet lovely gumiho that even the MG himself is scared of her lol

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Finally conflict. 

As much as I love fluff and cute, conflicts is a necessary plot device.

First thing: Seon Woo; as much as he is growing into his maturity pants, I trust Dam's belief to be with Woo Yeo.

The whole red string soulmate. Soulmates are never romantic, they dont have to be. SW can grow to become her close friend if she chooses.

WY is not a human and this supposed connection might just drive him to use his head and become human faster. Then we will see how the supposed red string changes. 

I am rooting for Dam, as I just want her to kick butt on fate, conflicts and the Mountain God's devious schemes. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3

2 minutes ago, classyviews said:

Finally conflict. 

As much as I love fluff and cute, conflicts is a necessary plot device.

First thing: Seon Woo; as much as he is growing into his maturity pants, I trust Dam's belief to be with Woo Yeo.

The whole red string soulmate. Soulmates are never romantic, they dont have to be. SW can grow to become her close friend if she chooses.

WY is not a human and this supposed connection might just drive him to use his head and become human faster. Then we will see how the supposed red string changes. 

I am rooting for Dam, as I just want her to kick butt on fate, conflicts and the Mountain God's devious schemes. 

Spoiler

don’t worry she will definitely give the him that ahahhah

I totally agree with you about red string and soulmate, it’s pretty highlighted in Asian culture and it’s not necessarily true and I like how this manwha showed that you are in charge of your own destiny, if you want something you just work hard at it whether it be loved or life in general

Now that I think about it, the drama/manwha broke a lot of stereotypes for me atleast 

1. You can have a straightforward FL

2. You can have a ML who is uncertain but doesn’t also beat around the bush

3. You can have a SL who is not in your face about his feelings that it smothers the FL

4. you can have friends that don’t pry into your live life to the point of annoyance but still give you sound advice

5. And no red string fate soulmate BS happening 

6. conflict resolution at its finest, no bush beating happening that leaves viewers scratching their heads

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, inaho101 said:

conflict resolution at its finest, no bush beating happening that leaves viewers scratching their heads

Totally, this is something I love about this drama

It solves everything very quick. Sure one can say that means there are lot of conflicts but thats life and the point. You will see so many different problems crop in so many ways and you gotta deal with it. 

No noble idiocy separation plot. 

No unnecessary characters vying for affection

and no RickRoll'D mean and A**holes here. 

I mean sure some of the college students are plain annoying AF but they havent crossed a line apart being total jerks, which I am glad. 

On to the waiting game. Lol I never learn and endure this all the time

But its worth it when the forum discussions are also very active, its been a while for me.

Lovely to meet you all chingus :fullofhearts: 

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

I feel like episode 9 and 10 were really nice for me. Episode 9 had some fluff and conflict point while episode 10 was more of a "back to square 1 and then 10 in 60 minutes". 

Some folks are saying that Dam should end up with Seon-woo because they're both humans and they're destined to be because of the red thread. I really applaud Dam for sticking with Woo-yeo; he's a flawed character (like all of the characters in here) but Dam's certainty to be with him and only him took away a lot of that flaw of him being uncertain to just about everything.

I think the mountain spirit is really trying to force Woo-yeo to up his game with only half a year left. If he doesn't turn human (make that marble blue...), he's basically going to become an evil spirit (maegu) and there'll be no going back from that. He merely showed Woo-yeo the red string between Seo-woo and Damto make him DO something, sort of like a message of: "If you become human in this half a year, then you can be with her." It'll be interesting to see how Woo-yeo "changes destiny" and from the preview, it looks like he's set out to grab their destiny and twist it his way... like how he twisted Dam's shirt to prevent her from falling... and not to pick a fight...

I really want to see how Dan reacts to his sister and Woo-yeo (in bed too? WHAT. Maybe my sister was just- hungry---) together. I wonder if Woo-yeo will just shapeshift (again) into Soo-kyung to pretend like they're having a conversation or sleepover... Just a guess! I thought it was SO funny when Woo-yeo shape shifted into Jae-jin today and took Dam by the hand; she was SO shocked and so was Seon-woo!

Onto another week (cries) of waiting game! Until Wednesday...!

• Like 11
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, inaho101 said:

Hide contents

I don’t think the MG tied the string together from what I understood in today’s episode he just showed Woo yeo, Dam’s soulmate, he didn’t tie them or anything like that and in the manwha as well based on the pics. I think Dam and seon woo’s string had already been there beforehand,  it’s just wasn’t shown in the earlier chapters but I think it’s because seon woo confessed his feelings, and showed interest in her, that’s how their lives became intertwined and as explained by the MG himself, only humans can have their string twined to each other as Woo yeo is not so he can’t be Dam’s destined one yet. But Dam is just one of a kind that no red string of faith can sway her love for our lonely yet lovely gumiho that even the MG himself is scared of her lol

Thanks for explaining!:).

• Blob 1

This show is as cute as this behind the scenes photo:

It's interesting to see that the fate string ties Dam and Seonwoo together now, which changes the perspectives: it does not grow feelings, but it makes more opportunities and happenstances together, does it? 

I don't think her feelings will change, just that she is going to be confused with the increased Seonwoo attention. 

Then we have the creepy stalker of Dam's - the question begs why is she still of interest to outside forces, since the marble's out of her body, right? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거