[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

The BTS of the recent episodes.. JKY and H are just overly comfortable.. its not a bad thing... but one cant help but wonder if JKY did fall for her a bit... her bright and happy personality, making it easy for him to be relaxed and be happy around her as well... he seemed well guarded since he is relatively new to popularity, hence to see him very open and happy  at the drama set is a good thing...

Their bts pictures are just so good and they look liked a couple who just started to fall in love... :wub::heart:

• Like 7

Just caught up the latest two episodes! So happy to see the plot moving nicely without dragging. 
Go Kyung Po's guest appearance was nice too, I didn't think he'd portray evil, so it was fun to see him as a gorgeous cat :D  Look at that fluffy fur he has!

The chemistry between the couple in one clip, summarised (you mean this bts @realistic2280a?)

Anyway another elevator scene. In Kdramaland the scene between first and second lead and the female, and nobody else joining their elevator, because how dare anyone else disrupt the holy triangle? :D

However, this drama at least had Dam resolve the situation pretty quickly and in a great way. She doesn't lead sunbae on to the point where the viewer thinks she's being deliberately ignorant of his feelings!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

@agenth...  yes like literally that snippets of them being cute... and not shy to show it... like whyyyy... hahhaa... oh my shipping heart... 

Im still waiting for the english sub of their recent BTS of the drama... i wanna know what did they say to each other.. why did he put his face on her hands.. (to warm her hands?) haha

Then she sent him a coffee truck at his drama site, when are we going to see him posing next to it?

Then to find out, that it is not their first time being in drama together.. that they have acted together before... perhaps that is why they are very very friendly to each other...

And Hye Sun.. she is a gem... i like that the drama did not make her into a bad person, and she actually cared for her fellow Gumiho.. despite that male Gumiho being condensending to her.. haha...  

Ok how did these gumiho becomes gumiho in the first place... also, in the other gumiho drama, Lee Dong Wook's, it says that Gumiho only love one in its entire life.. is that what legend says ? Heh

• Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

46 minutes ago, luffie said:

@realistic2280a hi! did she really send a food truck to his new drama? can you share pics? I am surprised no one has created a shipping thread for them! :fullofhearts:

Hehe.. it was on twitter... i saw someone uploading it but no pics of JKY posing next to it yet...

People dont create shipping thread because people know Hyeri is currently attached to RJY... her co-star in Reply1997..

The pictures of JKY and H's photoshots took fans by storm that speculations were made if they have broken up...but in a matter of two weeks,  RJY and H were spotted together to put the rumours down... who knows ya.. :D

Kiyong cant afford to attach himself with anyone now, i think.... popularity issue.. he is just up and coming... though i have liked him since Kill It and  WWW.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

The BTS of the recent episodes.. JKY and H are just overly comfortable.. its not a bad thing... but one cant help but wonder if JKY did fall for her a bit... her bright and happy personality, making it easy for him to be relaxed and be happy around her as well... he seemed well guarded since he is relatively new to popularity, hence to see him very open and happy  at the drama set is a good thing...

Their bts pictures are just so good and they look liked a couple who just started to fall in love... :wub::heart:

Actually their chemistry and photos from magazines for drama promotions was so good that some knetizens become to spread not so good rumors that she broke up with Ryu Jeon Yeol but later it turns out to be not true. But for some time it was an issue bcs netizens like these kind of rumors...

So I am more invested in on screen sheeping bcs I was Hyeri-Jeon Yeol shipper for years LOL.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hehe.. it was on twitter... i saw someone uploading it but no pics of JKY posing next to it yet...

People dont create shipping thread because people know Hyeri is currently attached to RJY... her co-star in Reply1997..

The pictures of JKY and H's photoshots took fans by storm that speculations were made if they have broken up...but in a matter of two weeks,  RJY and H were spotted together to put the rumours down... who knows ya.. :D

Kiyong cant afford to attach himself with anyone now, i think.... popularity issue.. he is just up and coming... though i have liked him since Kill It and  WWW.

Kiyong is due to his military service this year probably he want to make sure his drama gain some popularity. I hardly watch his drama before except My Mister (but his screentime not just because he just supporting actor) and I'm suprise he can act very well in this rom-com drama potraying very mature character. As read somewhere previously, he seldom pair with younger actress for the main lead and Heyri is two year younger than him and full of energy. I suppose that's why he kind of open up during bts and give great chemistry in this drama. 

6 hours ago, luffie said:

@realistic2280a hi! did she really send a food truck to his new drama? can you share pics? I am surprised no one has created a shipping thread for them!

Here you go:

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, luffie said:

@realistic2280a hi! did she really send a food truck to his new drama? can you share pics? I am surprised no one has created a shipping thread for them!

I think bcs Hyeri in long time real relationship? But idk how it's works on soompu

I didn't expect that I would like this drama and postponed my watching but 1 week ago I start it out of whim and God it turned out SO good.

I liked Ki Yong first in Come and hug me (it was truly his best kdrama to this date I hope Cohibitation will beat Hug me but it was sooo good) and then after Kill it that was not that bad in whole but form and consistency can be so much better. I don't blame actors more PD, Director and writer so that was the reason why I was afraid to watch Cohibitation.

This drama seems very banal at first sight. Like we watch it's so many times at kdramaland. Godly several hundreds years old Male God and silly young girl/woman. But I think the essential of this one yes, there are many usual schemes and tropes of thies kind of kdrama but almost every time it turns out not like it usually turned out.

I think mb bcs initial material aka webtoon was also very good I started it yesterday and it's just hilarious.

So far I like that they didn't drag it. It's fast paced and eventful. Even 8 ep that feels a little bit slower than usual but we needed some time to sort out feelings and summary after he removed bead out of her. And thank you our slow Fox finally realized that he is in love. I really like the endings of each eps yes it's usual cliffhangers but there is always very satisfying realization and wrap up of something if you understand what I mean?

I hope drama will gain more popularity bcs it's so good. Mb bcs they filmed it in one go. Oh I enjoy this series so much.

Thank you for being in this thread. Finally I can spoke out all my thoughts.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Lilona said:

I think bcs Hyeri in long time real relationship? But idk how it's works on soompu

I didn't expect that I would like this drama and postponed my watching but 1 week ago I start it out of whim and God it turned out SO good.

This drama seems very banal at first sight. Like we watch it's so many times at kdramaland. Godly several hundreds years old Male God and silly young girl/woman. But I think the essential of this one yes, there are many usual schemes and tropes of thies kind of kdrama but almost every time it turns out not like it usually turned out.

I think mb bcs initial material aka webtoon was also very good I started it yesterday and it's just hilarious.

So far I like that they didn't drag it. It's fast paced and eventful. Even 8 ep that feels a little bit slower than usual but we needed some time to sort out feelings and summary after he removed bead out of her. And thank you our slow Fox finally realized that he is in love. I really like the endings of each eps yes it's usual cliffhangers but there is always very satisfying realization and wrap up of something if you understand what I mean?

I hope drama will gain more popularity bcs it's so good. Mb bcs they filmed it in one go. Oh I enjoy this series so much.

Thank you for being in this thread. Finally I can spoke out all my thoughts.

There are some shipping threads with actors who already are in a known relationship. I suppose people just like to have hope and have a space where they can just share their love. And it's not against the rules, so feel free to start one @luffie if you want. 

Yeah this drama surprised me too. The premise seems so simple and already having been beaten down this path many times. Personally I think it's because it doesn't have much of the typical clichés and also because the story moves nicely. Nothing the viewer can't really relate to, especially Dam is a normal girl and her charm is exactly that, that she isn't manic pixie girl, and also that the conflicts get resolved smoothly (not easily), but not necessarily drawn out into a slow, torturous thing. 

• Like 4

No sure if this youtube link is shared previously, but this is interview with Ki Yong and Hyeri with Kang Ha Na (she is the DJ) for her Volume Up Show.  Really fun seeing all three of them promoting their drama

Amazing Saturday with Ki Yong and Hyeri again. You can see how Hyeri go crazy in this show (she was part of this show before) and Ki Yong like losing his mind joining all the crazy and hilarious people in this show

Another clip from Amazing Saturday

1stlook interview for their photoshoot and promo for this drama

Spoiler

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images or videos per post. Please put any other images or videos in the spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, Lilona said:

So I am more invested in on screen sheeping bcs I was Hyeri-Jeon Yeol shipper for years LOL.

Ah i see... haha... i didnt really watch Reply1998, i cant remember if i watched all episodes but yes, i remember im also under team Jung Hwan.. and how everyone was glad that Hyeri and RJY ended up in real life..

@orion00....  i havent watch either My Mister or Come and Hug Me... not sure why.. but what! He is due for his military service??? OmG ... *faints*.... just when he is gaining recognition... sigh... gonna miss him then....  his new drama with SongHK... not really looking forward to it, coz, well.. im not sure about this noona and dongseng relationship? When people criticise Hyeri, i dont even see what is the problem with her acting?.. 

Its great that JKY is comfortable with a younger member actress where he can be more free to express himself compared to a vateran actress where he constantly has to show respect to... hehe... perhaps thats what we see in MRIAG where he is happier, more expresssive and cheerful...

Im looking from one interview? which part did Hyeri said JKY is old-fashion? I assumed its his real style and not referring to his 999 years old character? ...nvm, found it, its the 1st Look photoshot interview above:D

• Like 5

@realistic2280a yes he is due to his military service this year because he is born in 1992. The drama with SHK will be the last one for this year. 

You can watch 1stlook video that I've posted above. It was done in April this year at the end of filming MRIAG. There is another interview done with tvn but not available in other region except Korea. I'm a bit pissed off with tvn for restricting many video for international viewers. I know they licensed this drama to IQIYI but not all interview/bts available in IQIYI. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

49 minutes ago, orion00 said:

@realistic2280a yes he is due to his military service this year because he is born in 1992. The drama with SHK will be the last one for this year. 

You can watch 1stlook video that I've posted above. It was done in April this year at the end of filming MRIAG.

Thanks! Yes i watched that 1st look interview again and tada, that's what she said in the interview... it seemed as if JKY still can't school his expression yet, he is still honest and innocent person hence he is caught off guard when Hyeri said something that he is surprised... i like that, it shows that he is an honest guy? Hahaa

Ahhhh... his last drama before his enlistment.. sighhhhhhhhhh -_-:(... come bk  faster JkY!!!... 

• Like 4

@realistic2280a their real character just like their character in the MRIAG right? I'm glad this drama is done filming because I saw so many chemistry in the drama ruins because the fan mixed up their personal life and drama. 

Ki Yong really open up and carefree when he is doing interview with Hyeri which is good for promoting their drama. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

10 minutes ago, orion00 said:

@realistic2280a their real character just like their character in the MRIAG right? I'm glad this drama is done filming because I saw so many chemistry in the drama ruins because the fan mixed up their personal life and drama. 

Ki Yong really open up and carefree when he is doing interview with Hyeri which is good for promoting their drama. 

Haha...i think Hyeri said she was more expressive in real life?... but yes, we are glad the drama finish shooting... i wish there are interviews where they address how they feel working  for the 2nd time together... we didnt know they have worked before until someone posted it on twitter.. hehe... 

JkY said he wish to be in traditonal drama setting, wearing  a hanbook... which Hyeri is currently shooting...wouldnt it be great if he come bk from the miliatry and they acted together again? Hehe... all buff-ed up... men after military service are extremely hot ! :D but.... hanbook drama.wouldnt show all the assets.. haha

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Hello! Step just to say THIS DRAMA MADE ME A FOOL!!:fullofhearts: I'm TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THE COUPLE!! I watched 8 episodes in 2 days and i can't wait to see ep 9!!! Plot is so funny and romantic and i think they deserves better ratings!! Hye-ri and Ki Yong visuals are THE BEST and as great actors they are portraying their characters in a very good way!!! KUDOS TO THE WRITERS!!!:gangnamstyle:

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

Still waiting for eng sub BTS ep 7-8. Why IQIYI very slow to do this? 

I saw some fanmade video of both of the lead previous and current work. I really love their dynamic! Hyeri very cute! 

Anyone knows that we cannot embed post of instgram anymore here in Soompi?

• Like 6
  • Love 1