[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

Okay this drama atleast the first two episodes were funny lol.

I think I might just overlook the actors and their acting especially the leads. [ LOVE Kang Hana lol she is just brilliant]

The drama needs to STOP with all the close ups; the acting is watchable from a distance.

I have seen like three dramas of Hyeri's and she is good when she doesnt have to be funny. Maybe its just be but I just cant handle how she just OVER emotes at the humor parts; but she fits the character of the outspoken brash youth of today [ dont @ me millennials]

Jang Ji Young; gosh for his sake alone I really hope this drama works and becomes even a moderate hit

Its high time he plays a chill rom-com lead; he has been too broody 

I think he is doing a good job as an apathetic bored out of his life Gumiho who is living with a trainwreck young woman. 

I am going to stay cautiously optimistic and I hope the main plot[if there is one; god I hope so] kicks in soon.

Any one here read the webtoon?

• Like 4

I actually like the first two episodes although there were some parts were I think JKY was a little awkward which he definitely did admit that he struggled portraying the character at first but to anyone who read the WEBTOON they actually portrayed the characters well so far.

In the first few chapters of the WEBTOON JKY’s character is really nice, stoic at times and is just meh! Like he is just otherworldly boring. And probably because he has lived long and has seen a lot of things that nothing triggers him anymore. Which is in contrast to Hyeri’s character who is very youthful, expressive and sometimes very boisterous and exaggerated which is apparent in the WEBTOON and I think the production/actors are trying to showcase the characters as close to the WEBTOON as possible. 

I’m looking forward really to the development of their characters. Although I’ve only read ch 55 (because that’s the latest ch translated and the rest you have to access through Naver) of the WEBTOON I can honestly say I’m looking forward to the changes in Mr. Gumiho’s demeanour. 

Kudos to Kang Hana for doing such a good job so far

I like the show and the plot and just the vibe of the storyline nothing too heavy. 

1 hour ago, classyviews said:

Okay this drama atleast the first two episodes were funny lol.

I think I might just overlook the actors and their acting especially the leads. [ LOVE Kang Hana lol she is just brilliant]

The drama needs to STOP with all the close ups; the acting is watchable from a distance.

I have seen like three dramas of Hyeri's and she is good when she doesnt have to be funny. Maybe its just be but I just cant handle how she just OVER emotes at the humor parts; but she fits the character of the outspoken brash youth of today [ dont @ me millennials]

Jang Ji Young; gosh for his sake alone I really hope this drama works and becomes even a moderate hit

Its high time he plays a chill rom-com lead; he has been too broody 

I think he is doing a good job as an apathetic bored out of his life Gumiho who is living with a trainwreck young woman. 

I am going to stay cautiously optimistic and I hope the main plot[if there is one; god I hope so] kicks in soon.

Any one here read the webtoon?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, classyviews said:

@inaho101 Especially after Mouse; this light rom-com is what I need

I know what you mean, some dramas just suck the life of me sometimes and base on how the manwha is going so far, our heroine is definitely breaking all damsel in distress stereotypes. I just can’t wait seeing her in hyeri and as for our gumiho, he for sure is going to be in for a lot of excitement ahahhahah- wish I could read more of the manwha but I need some cookies to read more of it lol and it’s hard navigating through the NAVER website 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, inaho101 said:

I know what you mean, some dramas just suck the life of me sometimes and base on how the manwha is going so far, our heroine is definitely braking all damsel in distress stereotypes. I just can’t wait seeing her in hyeri and as for our gumiho, he for sure is going to be in for a lot of excitement ahahhahah- wish I could read more of the manwha but I need some cookies to read more of it lol and it’s hard navigating through the NAVER website 

Spoiler

since you read the webtoon, can you answer? Is the webtoon taking a dramatic turn? is there an antagonist, a real villain? is there a second lead syndrome? and the marble, apparently he knows how to remove it why doesn't he do it? is she at risk of dying? thanks

• Blob 1

19 minutes ago, marrez1 said:
  Hide contents

since you read the webtoon, can you answer? Is the webtoon taking a dramatic turn? is there an antagonist, a real villain? is there a second lead syndrome? and the marble, apparently he knows how to remove it why doesn't he do it? is she at risk of dying? thanks

Sorry I can’t answer all your questions since I’m stuck at ch 55 but all I know is that things will become more exciting

• Blob 1

Yay for activity here. I think we need to show our support to this drama irrespective of how it goes.

I just read bits and pieces of the webtoon yesterday and its really really cozy and fun

Like this is an entirely fun spin on Gumiho.

One thing for sure; there is going to be cohabitation hijinks.

Dont know about the villian but I think the drama will have one? because they keep showing women getting murdered; maybe an Evil gumoho? I hope not

I rather it be a human killer that our Sweet 'Elder' can go all hulk-smash protecting Dam 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 6:52 PM, inaho101 said:

In the first few chapters of the WEBTOON JKY’s character is really nice, stoic at times and is just meh! Like he is just otherworldly boring. And probably because he has lived long and has seen a lot of things that nothing triggers him anymore. Which is in contrast to Hyeri’s character who is very youthful, expressive and sometimes very boisterous and exaggerated which is apparent in the WEBTOON and I think the production/actors are trying to showcase the characters as close to the WEBTOON as possible. 

Hihi that's why it's fun to see he's not immune to withdrawal symptoms.

• Blob 1

started to watch this on @4evrkdrama's recommendation, I think.

I like this show better than So I Married An Anti-Fan already, as they're both lighthearted romcoms. The deadpan-serious gumiho vs quirky college student works in these past two episodes, but I'm not sure for how long.

I like the humour so far, though, especially the scenes she is afraid but it turns out he is quite innocuous, though strange like cutting trees at night etc lol. The fact they bonded over history already in Episode 2 is nice, instead of having 10 episodes where the ML treats the FL coldly. 

As for second lead, Kang Hanna is sharp and charismatic as always, I wonder why she never gets a FL part. Bae In Hyuk I found on XXX and he left a nice, soft teddy bear impression, whereas in this drama he is the opposite. Not sure if he can pull off the arrogant male lead :D, but he is pushy for sure. Keeps trying to touch the FL, even though it's obvious she doesnt want that. 

The toilet humour was a bit too much, I didn't find that scene too funny, rather preferred the scenes where gumiho and student get to know each other and the misunderstandings each of them have. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yes @agenth toilet scene was bit too much.

Infact I loved the 1st episode than the 2nd !

Be it the humours or interactions and literally everything !

As for 2nd ep its just an okayish for me 

I rather felt they are taking the humour way too over the top !

But what makes me look forward to the drama is definitely the story !

Am curious how it will unfold.

He already knw the way to get the marble out but still letting it keep within her body which would make her vital energy to drop day by day !

And why is the marble suddenly turning blue ? 
Did it ever turned blue before in his 999 years of life ?

I loved how they didn’t make any “past” relationship btwn the 2 leads and how they fooled us in the 1st ep when she was wearing the hanbook :hwaiting2:

please don’t tell me she is the reincarnation of his past love - I don’t want it to be like that ! 

Lets wait and see :heartxoxo:

• Like 2

Kang hana here is pretty but dumb... (compared to.kang hana of taxi driver who is pretty and smart)...

Gotta say, the drama so far so good.. have been a fan of jangkiyong recently (search www and him a murderer and died in the end) and hyeri though famous for reply97, havent watched the drama... i think her acting is fine... 

Looking fwd for more funny moments with the drama.. they have ended filming right. Heh

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Yes @agenth toilet scene was bit too much.

Infact I loved the 1st episode than the 2nd !

Be it the humours or interactions and literally everything !

As for 2nd ep its just an okayish for me 

I rather felt they are taking the humour way too over the top !

But what makes me look forward to the drama is definitely the story !

Am curious how it will unfold.

He already knw the way to get the marble out but still letting it keep within her body which would make her vital energy to drop day by day !

And why is the marble suddenly turning blue ? 
Did it ever turned blue before in his 999 years of life ?

I loved how they didn’t make any “past” relationship btwn the 2 leads and how they fooled us in the 1st ep when she was wearing the hanbook :hwaiting2:

please don’t tell me she is the reincarnation of his past love - I don’t want it to be like that ! 

Lets wait and see :heartxoxo:

9 hours ago, agenth said:

started to watch this on @4evrkdrama's recommendation, I think.

I like this show better than So I Married An Anti-Fan already, as they're both lighthearted romcoms. The deadpan-serious gumiho vs quirky college student works in these past two episodes, but I'm not sure for how long.

I like the humour so far, though, especially the scenes she is afraid but it turns out he is quite innocuous, though strange like cutting trees at night etc lol. The fact they bonded over history already in Episode 2 is nice, instead of having 10 episodes where the ML treats the FL coldly. 

As for second lead, Kang Hanna is sharp and charismatic as always, I wonder why she never gets a FL part. Bae In Hyuk I found on XXX and he left a nice, soft teddy bear impression, whereas in this drama he is the opposite. Not sure if he can pull off the arrogant male lead :D, but he is pushy for sure. Keeps trying to touch the FL, even though it's obvious she doesnt want that. 

The toilet humour was a bit too much, I didn't find that scene too funny, rather preferred the scenes where gumiho and student get to know each other and the misunderstandings each of them have. 

the toilet scene needs to be highlighted because in the manhwa it was a pivotal moment for the second league to interact more with the female lead. What was depicted is exactly in the manwha. I guess for some people that have not read the manwha, it can get confusing or somewhat weird but I like how they are staying true and sticking to the storyline (flow) as it is in the comics

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, inaho101 said:

the toilet scene needs to be highlighted because in the manhwa it was a pivotal moment for the second league to interact more with the female lead. What was depicted is exactly in the manwha. I guess for some people that have not read the manwha, it can get confusing or somewhat weird but I like how they are staying true and sticking to the storyline (flow) as it is in the comics

Ohh 

I did like the story line and that’s what making me stick to the drama !

But I have this doubt in me !

He already knw the way to take the marble out !

why didn’t  he take it out in the first place and just cast a spell on her “Think it all as a dream” !

Why did he drag her to his apartment ? (He didn’t knw abt the marble turning blue back then though)

seriously why ?

He has an “inert” nature towards human and then why did he have a thought to joke around with Lee Dam ?

7 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Ohh 

I did like the story line and that’s what making me stick to the drama 

But I have this doubt in me !

He already knw the way to take the marble out !

why didn’t  he take it out in the first place and just cast a spell on her “Think it all as a dream” !

Why did he drag her to his apartment ? (He didn’t knw abt the marble turning blue back then though)

seriously why ?

He has an “inert” nature towards human and then why did he have a thought to joke around with Lee Dam ?

I think he was going to take it out of her, but didn't when he saw it was blue.  Like that's his chance after so many years that she could be the last one.

Also, why he didn't take it out at first.  He and the marble have a link relationship that's why he knows what happen to Dam even when he's not there.  Usually, he's the one that puts the marble into the target.  I'm banking on it's the first time the marble went on its own without him intentionally doing it  Like Dam ? how can it just come out with her lightly touching him so there is definitely something different about Dam.

Kang Hana also asked if he was still picky and has he given up on the whole ordeal so maybe he did stop for a time and this is his chance to continue since the marble is already in her body.  In their flashback he told Kang Hana there's no need to suck up all their energy leading to death.  In this way yes its taking Dam's vitality but it still early and she can recover.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Hello, just wanted to point out that the actress's name is Kang Han Na (강한나) :) Her role is so funny and different from what she played before. I hope to see more of her in the drama.

The episodes were pretty funny. Just what I needed to relax after a tiring day. JKY is hot and HY's expressions are gold and memeable. 

Edited by Estelle
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거 - Wed & Thurs @ 22:40 KST

I enjoyed episode 3 a lot more than eps 1-2. I feel like the show is finding its groove once the premise was set up. 

I love how he got her all kinds of food, because that is what she loves most. 

One of my fav tropes is when it all starts as a bet but then you catch real feelings. I think I'm going to feel bad for the second lead, from the preview it looks like he is falling for Dam.

Also, it looks like the 2nd couple meets in the next episode, I was wondering when we would get to that. 

• Like 2

I've been in a drama slump the past few months, but this is one I've really been looking forward to. The first episode was a tad slow for me, but I just watched 2 and 3 and loved them! Fully enjoying this now, my thoughts so far:

-I was always yelling about wanting to see tails back when Tale of the Nine-Tailed was airing, and never properly got it, but we finally got what we deserved with a beautiful shot only a couple minutes into the first episode. Lovely. 

spacer.png

-I've always liked MLs who are serious and quiet WITHOUT also being cold, brooding, arrogant, mean, etc, but unfortunately there aren't many... so I'm enjoying him a lot here! I didn't care for this actor in the only other drama I've seen him in, Go Back Couple, but he's really growing on me. 

-FL is very cute and relatable. I like that she's not super stylish/polished and I loved her awe and excitement over his room of antiques, I'd totally react the same.

-Second lead can go jump off a bridge. I hate his type. And then you're supposed to feel sympathetic because he developed feelings. So what? He's still arrogant and self-important. Yawn, no interest from me. 

-Only three episodes in and already, rather than sulking and misunderstanding after a disagreement, the lead couple has a solid, straightforward, mature conversation. You love to see it!

• Like 2