[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

New stills for MyRoommateIsAGumiho  JangKiYong Hyeri are released!:).

Lee Hyeri and Jang Ki Yong for 1st Look Magazine May 2021, promoting My Roommate Is A Gumiho.

spacer.png

spacer.png

More under spoiler tag

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Cr. namjhyun.tumblr.com

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images/tweets per post. Please put rest of images in spoiler tag.
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

It looks like the leads and the second leads have really good chemistry all ready. The director who's work include "because this is my first life" has me sold too. I really hope this is good!  The trailer also has me lusting over kang hanna she is looking really fine. I think this will be a drama where the second lead overshadows the main couple, I still think if Kang hanna was paired up with Kim seon ho in start up they wouldve overshadowed the main couple. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

I think we can expect some steamy scenes here because 

1) the same director who directed What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, and same screenwriters who wrote WWWSK. 

2) this drama is airing late and during wednesdays and thursdays, I heard that during those days those more mature dramas usually airs. And as we all know, the later a drama airs, more chance for some spicy scenes. 

3) TvN. It's a cable channel, and as we know, cable channels have more freedom.

I adore My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, and hopefully I will come to adore this one just as much (or more!) 

• Love 1

https://zapzee.net/2021/05/26/how-did-jang-ki-yong-and-lee-hye-ri-join-the-series-my-roommate-is-a-gumiho/
How did Jang Ki Yong and Lee Hye Ri Join the Series ‘My Roommate Is a Gumiho’?

by kim yeo un

0FDD82BD-7C97-4B81-B7C9-769C6234E848.jpg
Credit: tvN

On the 26th, tvN’s new series, My Roommate is a Gumiho, held a media conference. Leading actors Jang Ki Yong, Lee Hyeri, Kang Han Na, Kim Do Wan, Bae In Hyuk, and director Nam Sung Woo have participated in the event.

Director Nam said, “The original webtoon is a very popular work. We will present the fun and joyful story of a gumiho (a nine-tailed fox) and a human living together in an unexpected way.”

Regarding recruiting the cast, he shared, “We considered the original drawing style and images a lot. I thought about how similar the character’s appearance was to the actor’s personality. For example, Jang Ki Yong’s character is 999 years old. So, we needed a mature but beautiful actor to play the character. Jang Ki Yong nicely portrayed that quality. I like his “retro” mood,” he added.

“According to the webtoon author, Lee Hye Ri was the model when the artist thought of while working on the character,” he added. And he continued, “Kang Han Na is a colorful, arrogant, but sloppy character in the show. And we’ve seen the unexpected side in reality.”

“Kim Do Wan is a pure and naive character in the show,” “There are moments when he shows off his manly side,” director Nam said. And he continued, “The character shares similar traits with him.” Lastly, the director commented, “Bae In Hyuk is a little out of sync in the beginning.” “Because he is very nice compared to the role in the show. The character is a bad guy.” Then he added, “However, as he goes through various events, he gradually fits in the role in the second half of the show.”

Source (1)

Translator Kim Y.U: Welcome K-pop, K-drama, K-movie, K-culture fans. I hope you enjoy our news about K-entertainment.

————

https://zapzee.net/2021/05/19/upcoming-k-drama-character-guide-to-fantasy-romance-series-my-roommate-is-a-gumiho/
[Upcoming K-Drama] Character Guide to Fantasy Romance Series ‘My Roommate Is a Gumiho’

by krishkim | images: tvN

6B8F2F08-9E32-4603-832A-6791FB29D9D8.jpg

On May 26th, tvN’s new project My Roommate Is a Gumiho will premiere.

My Roommate Is a Gumiho is a new rom-com series that revolves around the unexpected cohabitation of college student Lee Dam and a mysterious gumiho Shin Woo Yeo. Kkondae Intern director Nam Sung Wo, What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim writers Baek Sun Woo, and Choi Bo Rim helm the production. The cast lineup includes Jang Ki Yong, Hyeri, Kang Hanna, Kim Do Wan, and Bae In Hyuk.

Jang Ki Yong – Shin Woo Yeo (999 years old, gumiho)

Spoiler

AAD8853D-56F3-4895-852E-869B755CE7C0.jpg

He is a tragic character who became a male gumiho because he was born in a year of bad luck. He is handsome enough to be a protagonist of the “gumiho legend” and has extraordinary abilities such as changing his appearance, contracting space, and psychokinesis. Living a long life, he has worked various jobs. Now, he is writing a history book as the “living witness” of history. He can become a human once his bead turns blue with humans’ energy before he turns 1000. But his grand wish still hasn’t come true. Now, he doesn’t know why he has to be a human, and everything is meaningless to him. And one day, college student Lee Dam swallows his fox bead by accident. 

Hyeri – Lee Dam (22 years old, college student)

Spoiler

4FE48B69-2938-485B-9BE9-E99D528068B6.jpg

She has to say what’s on her mind, is determined, doesn’t care what others think, and can’t sit idly by when she’s mistreated or is insulted. Dam’s mother, a fashion editor, only provides a minimum living cost to raise her daughter as an independent person. So when her friends are dating, she drinks alone in her home and binge-watch historical dramas. For the first time in life, she fell in love, and her crush isn’t even a human. One day, she swallows the fox bead by mistake, and from that moment, her cohabitation with the gumiho begins. 

Spoiler

0B6A228C-B3E1-4F6A-BF25-D56FA6541D6C.jpg

Kang Hanna – Yang Hye Sun (22 years old on her ID, but is actually 747 years old former gumiho)
She’s Shin Woo Yeo’s close friend. Their friendship continued for more than 700 years. She feels lonely often, is simple, and loves spending time with humans. After she became a human, she boasts the fact to Shin Woo Yeo. But to be honest, she isn’t that bright. It took 20 years for her to learn the Korean language. Even now, she misunderstands from time to time and says bizarre things. She has been in love multiple times in her long life, but all of them ended in vain. And now, she continues to get involved with Dam’s friend Jae Jin. 

Kim Do Wan – Do Jae Jin (22 years old, Lee Dam’s best friend)
He has it all – solid figure, handsome looks, and sweet and loyal personality. But he’s too soft-hearted. When he falls in love, he turns into a fool who gives everything. And that’s why he was bumped many times. Up until now, he cried a ton over foxy girls. But now, he continues to get involved with Hye Sun, who used to be a real fox once.

Bae In Hyuk – Gye Sun Woo (23 years old, popular guy at the university)
He’s the most popular guy at the Seogwa University. Thanks to his good looks and wealth, girls are lining up to be his girlfriend. But unlike other girls, Lee Dam avoids him. Lee Dam acts all defensive and shuns all his advances, but what started as a curiosity turned into a real crush.

https://zapzee.net/2021/04/30/my-roommate-is-a-gumiho-what-do-these-numbers-on-the-posters-mean/
‘My Roommate Is a Gumiho’ What Do These Numbers on the Posters Mean?

tvN’s new Wednesday-Thursday series My Roommate Is a Gumiho unveiled character posters of Jang Ki Yong, Hyeri, Kang Hanna, Kim Do Wan, and Bae In Hyuk.

Based on a webtoon, the series revolves around Lee Dam (Hyeri), a 22-year-old college student, and a mysterious nine-tailed fox Shin Woo Yeo(Jang Ki Yong). In it, she begins to live with a 999-year-old fox, Shin Woo Yeo, after inadvertently swallowing his mysterious marble.

Kkondae Intern director Nam Sung Wo, What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim writers Baek Sun Woo, and Choi Bo Rim have come together for the project.

Today, the character posters came out for the five main characters. What catches the attention are the numbers and hashtags stamped on the posters.

Firstly, Shin Woo Yeo has “999 years old,” “#sweet nine-tailed fox” and “#strict and serious” written on his poster. Secondly, Lee Dam is the “Generation Z,” born in 1999. And she is a person who speaks her mind and calls a spade a spade.

Thirdly, Yang Hye Sun’s (Kang Hanna) poster includes a witty comment “turned around 360 degrees” instead of the commonly used term “turned around 180 degrees.” This number signals Yang’s unexpected, quirky charms.

Moreover, Do Jae Jin (Kim Do Wan) catches the eye with the keyword “12th.” When he falls in love, he gives it all. After his 12th breakup, Do meets Yang Hye Sun as his 13th girl. What fate awaits the lovers? Lastly, the number “23.1 million” represents the number of Kye Sun Woo’s (Bae In Hyuk) social media followers.

Meanwhile, My Roommate Is a Gumiho will premiere on May 26th at 10:30 PM KST.

Source (1)

Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news. 

• Like 4

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] My Roommate Is A Gumiho, 간 떨어지는 동거, Wed & Thur @22.30 KST

I was LOL-ing when Shin Woo Yeo changed his face before departing for SG hahahahahahaha

Not as explosive as other Gumiho dramas But looking at the character posters. This is quite interesting. (Source: 'My Roommate Is a Gumiho' shares interesting facts about main characters in new posters

Looking forward to the 2nd episode! 

BTW, this is the first time I've watched a Jang Ki Yong drama hehe 

• LOL 1

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/05/688_309518.html
TvN's new fantasy rom-com 'My Roommate is a Gumiho' kicks off strong

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2021-05-27

46CA6DC7-1278-48F3-9ECC-6F1A74AA42AA.jpg
Actors Jang Ki-yong, left, and Lee Hye-ri, right, pose for pictures during the online media conference for the series, "My Roommate is a Gumiho," Wednesday. Courtesy of tvN

The tvN series, "My Roommate is a Gumiho," is off to a good start, with a 5.3 percent viewership rating Wednesday, scoring the network's fourth-highest premiere rating, according to tvN. 

Directed by Nam Sung-woo, who directed the rom-com series, "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo" and "100 Days My Prince," the romantic comedy series is based on the popular webcomic of the same name. The plot revolves around a 999-year-old "gumiho" (a nine-tailed fox-like creature), Shin Woo-yeo (Jang Ki-yong), who is disguised as a handsome man.

One day, Jang runs into female college student Lee Dam (Lee Hye-ri) on the street and she accidentally swallows one of his mystical marbles, which he needs to permanently become human. The event brings the two strangers together to live under the same roof in order to figure out a way to get it retrieve the marble. 

The series was scripted by writers Choi Bo-rim and Baek Sun-woo, who are known for writing the hit series, "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim?"

"This show is not a heavy-plotted, mystical fantasy series, but is rather about having a fantasy creature in our normal lives. So the comedy comes from that concept," director Nam said during the online media conference for the series on Wednesday. 

"The genre is a romantic comedy, but it has more comedy. It'll be hilarious. The humor each character offers is different… So it should be fun seeing the relationships between each of the characters."

Jang plays a male gumiho ― which has often been portrayed as female ― who has lived through centuries going through countless professions. After all those years, he becomes apathetic and finds no purpose in the world, until he meets Dam. 

The model-turned-actor said he was excited to take part in the first fantasy series of his acting career. "I was so thrilled and had high hopes, as this series was my first in the fantasy rom-com genre," Jang said, adding that he also felt pressure to be part of a TV adaptation of a hit webtoon. 

"I started with excitement, but at first, the genre was much harder than I expected ― some parts didn't go the way I thought they would … But after some trial and error, I grew into the role."

FA66F39F-83FE-4090-9318-CA03FCCD9FD6.jpg
Scenes from the series / Courtesy of tvN

Jang and Lee offered a sneak peek of their chemistry early this month through a photo shoot for a magazine to promote the series, which received considerable buzz online. Jang expressed that the on-set chemistry with Lee was more than satisfying.

"Lee just has a great energy and the leadership to oversee what is happening on set. It was very fun," he said. Describing Lee's character Dam as a bubbly, honest girl, he added that her character is the key that makes this series stand out from previous ones about gumihos.

Lee explained that she was drawn to the character as it portrays hallmark characteristics of young millennials. "Dam is very straightforward, full of confidence and outspoken. The previous characters I played were somewhat introverted, so I really wanted to play this role, which has the outgoing characteristics of today's young adults."

The director added that he tried to scout actors for the leads based on their actual personalities and resemblances to the characters developed in the webtoon, and found the perfect fit with Jang and Lee. 

"Jang plays a 999-year-old character that has a broody side … And Jang actually has a sort of old-school vibe that suits the role of Woo-yeo well," he said. "For Lee, the webtoon creator told me that she thought of Lee when she drew the comics, and I couldn't agree more with that."

"My Roommate is a Gumiho" airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. on tvN.

• Like 1

Watched the first 2 ep. Torn whether to keep watching as the plot and acting is really cringeworthy?! 

I'm struggling because the humor is sort of toilet humor (literally) and Hye Ri is not that great an actress. 

Ki Yong is alright. He looks like he's modelling in most of the scenes though LoL. 

Don't find the SML charming, rather he's off-putting & is obnoxious. 

In terms of demi gods luring gullible naive fl to co-habitate, "Doom at Your Service" is a much better choice. 

• Like 2