Network: tvN, iQiYi

Episodes: 16

Genre: Romance, Fantasy

Airdate: May 26, 2021 – July 15, 2021

Airtime: Wednesdays and Thursdays at 22.40KST

Writer: Baek Sun-Woo/ Choi Bo-Rim

Director: Nam Sung-Woo/ Park Joon Hwa

Story:

The upcoming drama is based on a webtoon about a female college student named Lee Dam who accidentally swallows the marble of a male gumiho (a mythological nine-tailed fox) named Shin Woo Yeo, who was close to achieving his goal of becoming human. If a human swallows the marble, they can only live for one year, and the marble will break, preventing the gumiho from becoming human. Thus, Shin Woo Yeo suggests living together to Lee Dam, beginning their unexpected romance.

Cast:

jang-ki-yong-my-roommate-is-gumiho.jpeg

Jang Ki Yong as Shin Woo Yeo

A 900 year old Gumiho who wants to become a human.

hyeri-my-roommate-is-gumiho.jpeg

Hyeri as Lee Dam

A college student born in 1999 who accidentally swallows a marble. She has never been in a relationship before.

kang-han-na-my-roommate-is-gumiho.jpeg

Kang Ha Na as Yang Hye Sun

Shin Woo-yeo's friend who used to be Gumiho for 700 years but has now turned into a human. She’s slow witted but an expert in romance.

bae-in-hyuk-my-roommate-is-gumiho.jpeg

Bae In Hyuk as Gye Sun Woo

Lee Dam's senior in college who is a ladies' favorite. He initially develops interest on Lee Dam because she keeps on avoiding him.

kim-do-wan-my-roommate-is-gumiho.jpeg

Kim Do Wan as Do Jae Jin

Has a history of being dumped and eventually develops a relationship with Yang Hye-sun. He is Dam and Choi Soo-kyung's best friend.

Park Kyung Hye as Choi Kyung Hye

Lee Dam's and Do Jae-jin's best friend.

Choi Woo Seong as Lee Dan (Lee Dam's brother)

Lee Dam's younger brother.

Kim Do-yeon as Gye Seo-woo

Gye Sun-woo's younger sister.

Kim Kang-min as Jung Seok

Lee Dam, Choi Soo-kyung and Do Jae-jin's senior.

Posters

My_Roommate_Is_A_Gumiho-MP001.jpeg

my-roommate-is-gumiho-hyeri-jang-ki-yong

Teaser:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] A Falling Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거 - Jang Ki Young & Hyeri

Sooooo excited for this!!! 

Has the cast been confirmed yet? I haven't heard anything since the original offers have been made back in June.

Also it's 2021, not 2020 anymore. I just hope they will not keep pushing it :dissapointed_relieved:

Edited by Romance Tag
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Some gossips going around that Hyeri was seen shooting around Seoul National University. Would be good if they released something official related to the drama or at least fan made pictures. I mean we don't even know who the rest of the cast are...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Abanti Farook said:

God I don't know why Jang ki yong is so so unlucky when it comes to lead actresses 

He hardly gets a good heroine 

Except IU and Jang nara 

I have only seen her in '88, she seems alright. 

I love DaMi in the webtoon, so I hope her character is portrayed well. 

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] A Falling Cohabitation/Frightening Cohabitaition, 간 떨어지는 동거 - Jang Ki Young & Hyeri

It's nice to see baby Bae In Hyuk again! He had a really good charm and soft presence in XX that I've been on the lookout for a new drama of his. 

Kang Han Na cast as "stunning but innocent" is interesting. She usually plays those sharp roles that I'm curious how she will portray this.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거 - Jang Ki Young & Hyeri
  • 2 months later...
On 10/19/2020 at 4:41 PM, Abanti Farook said:

God I don't know why Jang ki yong is so so unlucky when it comes to lead actresses 

He hardly gets a good heroine 

Except IU and Jang nara

It'd  be good if Kang Hanna was lead in this, quite sad how she's playing second fiddle to mediocre actresses. He's gonna play opposite Song Hyo Kyo in his next role, who I find to be a meh actress but she's a big name atleast. 

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거 - Jang Ki Young & Hyeri - Premieres in May

I'm admittedly not super keen on Jang Ki Yong, BUT I adore "inhuman" male leads so it's a no brainer I'm watching this! I heard about it a while back and I'm glad to finally see a teaser. I'm going to start out by saying what I said when Tale of the Nine-Tailed aired, but sadly never got... I want TAILS! Not a hazy magical outline in one early episode never to be seen again, I want the real deal. Obviously not showing constantly, but CGI those suckers IN at least a handful of times! :love::tounge_xd:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We're only a month away from the broadcast date, but we only get one teaser video and a script reading. What going on MRIAG team, other dramas that aired in May have already been promoting. Please give us something updates, posters, script reading pictures, teasers, relationship charts, photoshoots or whatever.:triumph:

• Like 1

• Lmangla changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] My Roommate Is A Gumiho, 간 떨어지는 동거, Wed & Thur @22.30 KST - Premiers May 26

Though is more light hearted than Tale Of Gumiho, there's still a possibility that someone is going to sacrifice his/her life in order for the other to live in the future episodes. I'm ready for that scenario.

I haven't read the webtoon yet but I feel this drama will still have a happy ending. :)

• Like 2

3ed5989b98594bbc9294727a6abd1ea3.jpeg?s=

Jang Ki Yong Makes A Shocking Proposal To Girl’s Day’s Hyeri In Cute Poster For “My Roommate Is Gumiho”

May 7, 2021

by E. Cha

tvN has unveiled a new poster for its upcoming drama “My Roommate Is Gumiho”!

Based on a popular webtoon, “My Roommate Is Gumiho” is a romantic comedy about a 22-year-old college student named Lee Dam (played by Girl’s Day’s Hyeri), who accidentally swallows the marble of a 999-year-old male gumiho (a mythological nine-tailed fox) named Shin Woo Yeo (played by Jang Ki Yong), who was close to achieving his goal of becoming human. If a human swallows a gumiho’s marble, they can only live for one year, after which the marble will break—preventing the gumiho from ever becoming human.

In the newly released poster, Shin Woo Yeo reveals his true supernatural nature to Lee Dam by unfurling his white tails in front of her. As Lee Dam stares at him in shock, Shin Woo Yeo makes an unusual proposition: while the two of them figure out a way to extract the marble from Lee Dam’s body before the year is up, he suggests that they move in together.

Although the proposed living arrangement would be strictly out of necessity—given the life-and-death stakes at hand—the look in Shin Woo Yeo’s and Lee Dam’s eyes as they gaze at one another hints at the potential romantic chemistry between the future roommates.

The poster’s caption reads, “Out of the blue, I suddenly wound up living with a gumiho.”

My-Roommate-Is-Gumiho.jpeg

“My Roommate Is Gumiho” will premiere on May 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467833wpp/jang-ki-yong-makes-a-shocking-proposal-to-girls-days-hyeri-in-cute-poster-for-my-roommate-is-gumiho

• Like 1