[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Maiden Holmes 少女大人

sugarplum892

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

I don't know what this is about.  Are they thanking the viewers for the good response for this drama virtually??

Thanks for finding this! I wish we understood what they they were saying or knew what it was for :tears:

It is just so nice to see them. I have grown so attached to these characters from just 32 episodes lol:blush:

@realistic2280a The drama is fully subbed on viki and YouTube now:)

I just spent the last 3 days binging this. I really really enjoyed this. I haven't watch a historical type C-drama  since The Return of the Condor Hero and that was ages ago lol. Anymore like this do give us your recommendations. :blush:

On 10/10/2020 at 9:53 PM, tas82 said:

I just spent the last 3 days binging this. I really really enjoyed this. I haven't watch a historical type C-drama  since The Return of the Condor Hero and that was ages ago lol. Anymore like this do give us your recommendations. :blush:

Glad you enjoyed as much as the rest of us!:happydance:  I haven't found any similar drama yet unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Jessie RoJim said:

Did anyone know who voice actor make the voice of Prince Qui? :c I looked everywhere and I didn't find anything.

My question is because is normal to use voice actors for the C-Dramas, or I'm wrong? 

Thank you for reading. :)

I'm not sure who his voice actor was but he did a really good job!  I would have thought it was Zhang Ling He's real voice if not for hearing the non-dubbed voice in the extra scenes.My guess would be as ZLH is a total newbie and hasn't had any voice training he needed dubbing.

Yes, it is common for actors to be dubbed in C-dramas. Personally, I really struggled with dubbing when I started to watch C-dramas. I found it so distracting that so many of the actors didn't use their original voice especially when the dubbing was obvious.

I think it's because there are a lot of different dialects and accents in China so they want the actors to sound standardised onscreen.  Other reasons are noisy production or having to change dialogue.

Due to dialects and accents affecting spoken Chinese, dramas and movies are often dubbed by a voice actor especially if the actor’s native language is not Mandarin.

from DramaPanda https://dramapanda.com/2016/10/a-guide-for-c-drama-newbies.html

I just read this interview with a well-known Chinese voice actor andI found it really interesting. I didn't realise until I read this interview that regional accents are actually banned:o  I thought it was just a preference that actors didn't have accents:

Then there is the requirement by the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film, and Television (SAPPRFT) that all words in television be spoken in a standard Mandarin void of regional accent. Regulations emphasize the importance of this when a television show depicts a national leader; Mao Zedong, for instance, had a notoriously thick Hunan accent, but on TV his lines are delivered with flawless pronunciation. When the Mandarin of actors is not up to scratch, producers will call upon voice actors like Jiang. 

https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1700/q%26a-with-voice-artist-on-why-dubbing-will-never-die

17 hours ago, pad-hari said:

One of the best C-drama OTP's this year.  This m/v is amazingly and beautifully merged.  Love it so much.

:kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

Great video! The editing is really good. They are definitely my favourite OTP this year without a doubt :wub: It is a pity we can't see them in a drama together again

That was a very insightful idea by Chen Yao. This was when of the best scenes in the whole drama in my opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived