[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Maiden Holmes 少女大人

sugarplum892

Lol there was no wedding scene and no scene implying they did the deed. I watched it raw and relied on google translate for scenes I am interested in and there was a scene where ML corrected his young servant to address them properly as in princess and prince .... but google translate is not very reliable. Plus it was getting so late I had to fast forward many scenes only because I need proper eng sub to really understand what’s going on. Episode 23 where they made up was so sizzling that you can pretend they did the deed:-) 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....

Spoiler

1. The cave scene was pretty intense. It could have lead to more. But not sure if Pei Zhao would have gone ahead too since they were not yet married? LOL. I presume it was a heavy make out session then. 

2. At the end, they were married even though there was no wedding scene. She went back to instructing new recruits and at least it was a satisfying ending to hear Fei Yuan calling them by their royal titles.  

And then they went off more another adventure with Ru Shang and BeiMing.

For Ep 22

Spoiler

Yup, she lost her head a bit but it was understandable as she had been looking for her tribe's killers and she had not yet realised that Pei Zhao was the same soldier/Prince Qi who had saved her years before. 

Once she realised, she was really contrite and that lead to the heavy make out scene.  :7555_attack:

I really love how they always talked things out. They are always asking about how each other was. 

I know the angsty part (with subs) is coming up. 

The princess bride, the whole Su Ci identity exposed etc.  But luckily the issues are resolved rather rationally. 

PS. It does make me wonder who changed Su Ci's clothes when she was drugged and who changed her clothes when she was taken by the maniacal artist.  Haha. 

PPS. Boy, where did you learn to kiss like that. LOL.

13 hours ago, Cayu18 said:

Oh... and guess who gave the FL the dagger when she was a young girl - you couldn't possibly guess

I am going to guess it was the Prince though he did not recognize the dagger.   Reason being the dagger says Yan and his shifu is the Marquis of Yan. It’s just a guess As I’m at ep 22.

4 hours ago, Chy2209 said:

Lol there was no wedding scene and no scene implying they did the deed. I watched it raw and relied on google translate for scenes I am interested in and there was a scene where ML corrected his young servant to address them properly as in princess and prince .... but google translate is not very reliable. Plus it was getting so late I had to fast forward many scenes only because I need proper eng sub to really understand what’s going on. Episode 23 where they made up was so sizzling that you can pretend they did the deed:-) 

Hahaha...thanks:D... then my next target is ep23 subs then.... 

and while waiting for the other subs... im just gonna watch My Unicorn Girl... sigh, i like the ML there since i knew him in MGarden... so this is the first time im seeing him as a lead.. 

This is what I meant about being supportive.

He didn't use his influence to help Su Ci get the promotion. 

Rather, he created a practice weapon for her, taught her the steps and even taught her archery skills. 

8pIFRe.gif

He trusted in her ability and believed she would try her best and get that promotion.

I loved how the other members of the household were so supportive during her training. 

@Dramanoona totally agree. This is why I love this drama. So enjoyable watching the character and relationship develop to the point they trust and support each other implicitly. Great chemistry between main couple.

In the later episodes you see them always sitting/standing close to each other and holding hands... it’s these little subtle gestures that melt my heart when I watch them together.... as well as their kissing scenes lol
I can’t wait for eng sub to really understand what is being said. Reading body language, facial expressions and using google translate can only get me so far:-)

Drama reminds me a lot of Under The Power which I also love. Although it took them a lot longer to become an official couple (the slow burn was so good to watch) there was a lot of  characteristics that are similar. Smart and independent FL who is also a detective/constable, great chemistry between leads, mystery, comedy, action and a happy ending! 

I am so glad to find a thread here for this drama. The leading couple has great chemistry and I am enjoying this C-drama very much. It is a pleasant surprise. I like the fact that the FL takes the initiative to kiss the ML several times throughout the show and the story is interesting.

What a wonderful drama! 
I thoroughly enjoyed the use of sleuthing and deductive skills of the characters throughout the show, whether to investigate, to medicate or to strategize. All the characters were smart in their own ways and their skills complemented one another. 
the evil royal uncle was also one to watch. He hatched such an elaborate plan to usurp the throne and had so many back up plans, each one more tyrannical than the one before. I watched in glee how our group of heroes tore through each one in turn. So darn satisfying!

i like that the leads were placed on equal footing in capability. That he paved the way for her to rise in their govt thru sheer capability attested to his vision and open-mindedness...also in tune to his reputation as courageous warrior general who protects and leads by example. Of cos, it helps that he looks darn good while doing so. Keke! 

Watched episode 16 with eng sub (finally) and was totally engrossed from beginning to end. It was heart warming to see how FL and ML make sacrifices for each other and how smart both are in ruining the plans of the evil uncle. Love the strong bond between the royal bothers.... amongst all the drama and suspense I couldn’t help LOL when the emperor was pressured to punish Prince Qi for hiding Little Su identity so his punishment for Prince Qi was to “ponder his mistakes”:-) the look on the evil uncle’s face was priceless. 

I cheated and have watched all episodes raw despite not understanding most of it and now can’t wait for Eng sub. This drama is so entertaining, the main characters are so appealing and likeable, each are unique with no annoying qualities and the pace is just right that I am never bored. 

@P Lam 

Spoiler

Yes, your answer is correct - she showed him the dagger in the cave scene, and finally acknowledged that he was her saviour when she was a girl. I was looking at the teeth mark on his arm and I tot to myself... erh the wound can't be that bad that the teeth marks don't go away. LOL
Judging by their age difference of the actor and actress anyway, looks like he is maybe 5-6 years older than her? She looked about 12-13 and he was 17-18?

@Dramanoona yes Pei Zhao is cheeky (especially in E22/23 when they were trapped in the room), but he's got such a good boy look that it comes as a surprise when he pranks her. Especially when he forced her to help him change his garments (when she used him to demonstrate something) and he pretended to sulk, but he was secretly enjoying getting her to help him dress - what an imp! I like that knowing smile or grin, particularly when the FL deduces something or when she doesn't realise his intentions....it's quite charming. I can't get over how high his emotional intelligence is, for someone at his age, he truly is has an old head on young shoulders. He is optimistic, resilient - bounces back quickly from failure, rarely gets angry, he is empathetic - sees things from the other person's perspective, he isn't afraid to own up to his own mistakes, and he doesn't take out his hurt or anger on others (except for two times when something happened to someone close to him and when he was trying to push the 2nd ML along to make a decision), and he holds onto what he values (unlike some MLs who try to see the bigger picture and act up on noble idiocy, making an either or choice). His character is consistent through out, right up until the ending -  there is very little question about his consistency and his ability to plan several steps ahead leading up to the big reveal of the mastermind.

For the FL, I know some of you feel that she was emotional and blamed the ML, but I guess it's typical to portray women as being a little emotional, more so as it affected the massacre of her entire clan and her parents - so it's forgivable to be temporarily blinded. But she came around, she had the chance to stab the ML but she didn't. And she allowed him to redeem the second 'wish' to allow him to clear his name. In her thoughts two voices were going on in her head; one voice was defending him and the other was trying to justify that he was guilty; so she was trying to be objective and not let her emotions get in the way. Also, the amount of time spent in clearing up their misunderstanding was quite acceptable - nothing over the top, and a little bit of drama is alright, just to add a little bit of angst (I shudder to think about the Legend of Jin Yan where they were both getting into one misunderstanding after another and never having the largeness to forgive each other or clear the air).

Together, there is a sweetness, especially whenever the FL smiles, it's such a sweet and adorable smile. I love how her character doesn't wait to show her affection: (in fact the scriptwriter/ novel author portrays both FL, 1st and 2nd, as taking the initiative to protect and show affection to their men), she hugs him, she cuddles up to him, she slips her hands into his to show support, she even back hugs him in one scene, and she kisses him when she wants to.... it's very refreshing for a costume drama and for a character.

It's not the type of melodrama like Sleepless Princess, and there isn't as much angst given the detective genre, but the romance is nicely balanced with the mystery - gave me the feel good I was craving for :wub:. Gee, wish there was a part 2, but I don't know if ratings in China warrant the producers coming up with a second season. Has anyone read the novel? What is the real ending like in the book?

@SC2019 great assessment of ML and FL. Really hope there is a season 2. There was the following comment in Mydramalist regarding the novel which was split into 3 short stories with no continuation as yet after the 3rd:

I just found out that this drama is based on three short stories by Wu Qu Ke Tao (Nowhere to Hide - what a pen name!) and the author is also part of the dramas scriptwriters team along with our leading lady, Chen Yao. I skimmed through the third story and it's completely different from the drama in terms of relationships. Pei Zhao/Prince Qi and Su Ci are students of the same teacher so she refers to him as shi xiong”

As much as I wish for S2 but I am happy how the drama has wrapped up. We get to see our gang together, our leads and second leads are happy.

Spoiler

And yes, Pei Zhao was naughty when he asked her to change his clothes after she used him to demonstrate a possible scenario. 

And to sneak a few kisses too! 

I was puzzled by Fei Yuan's  behaviour but I suspect he saw them kiss?

EDIT: I like this princess. The usual princess rival falls in love with the prince did not happen. Thank God, so this arc was watchable.

gd3fwC.png

On 9/13/2020 at 6:40 AM, Dramanoona said:

As much as I wish for S2 but I am happy how the drama has wrapped up. We get to see our gang together, our leads and second leads are happy.

Reveal hidden contents

And yes, Pei Zhao was naughty when he asked her to change his clothes after she used him to demonstrate a possible scenario. 

And to sneak a few kisses too! 

I was puzzled by Fei Yuan's  behaviour but I suspect he saw them kiss?

EDIT: I like this princess. The usual princess rival falls in love with the prince did not happen. Thank God, so this arc was watchable.

I really like the princess too. Thank goodness there’s none of this princess trying to steal someone else’s man. I thought maybe she would have touched commander Fu with her understanding and kindness :Pandabulous:

I started this recently after Love and Redemption and I’m caught up now. :tired: the wait for new episodes though 

it’s so refreshing to watch this kind of show with little angst since love and redemption was so angsty. needed this nice little drama so much. love the leads and the group so much. 

On the last day of the finale episodes on sep.10,2020, it seems they had live stream of Him calling sabrina.  they are really cute.  can somebody translate?  i can understand little part.  omg, his voice:heart3:really manly.  He is so natural and no shyness and he does not look like a newbie. wow!!!! looking forward to his future projects.

cr: uploader

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

On the last day of the finale episodes on sep.10,2020, it seems they had live stream of Him calling sabrina.  they are really cute.  can somebody translate?  i can understand little part.  omg, his voicereally manly.  He is so natural and no shyness and he does not look like a newbie. wow!!!! looking forward to his future projects.

cr: uploader

OMG!!!! his voice kinda deep....:love:

Sigh, a slow wait for the new subs...

But at least the drama is getting the buzz and our rookie male lead is getting more and more attention.... Their cave kiss clip on youtube has nearly half a million viewers! :heart: thats a good start for our lover boy, hehhee...

Wish there are more english subs on their bts, interviews....   im curious how come the vietnamese fans subs their bts faster than any other languages?? ..

English Subs, pls come faster!:w00t:

Archived