[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Maiden Holmes 少女大人

sugarplum892

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad to find this discussion thread on Maiden Holmes. First episode got me hooked and now I am addicted. Binged watched all available episodes in one night. The chemistry of the main couple is a draw card for me.... pure joy watching their interactions (ahem kissing scenes ....sigh)  The ML gets easier and easier on the eyes lol

Watched up to episode 18 (13-18 raw) and so impatient for remaining episodes... wished Eng sub was quicker but can’t complain cause still better than Mango TV! totally ruined my viewing experience with The Sleepless Princess which was another great drama. Still waiting for decent eng sub for it. Lucky there was a thread in Soompi for TSP where awesome members provided recap and translations. It saved my sanity! 

Such great pace in Maiden Holmes where the conflicts/misunderstandings are resolved quickly to move to the next plot. From the trailers it looks like ML engagement to foreign princess in episode 17 is resolved by episode 19. No love rival or drawn out angst there (yes!) Even the next big misunderstanding at episode 22 is resolved by 23. Can’t wait to see how they get back together. Those episode trailers are real teasers and get me more and more hooked. Praying to gods remaining episodes don’t take a nose dive like The Heiress and there is a happy ending. 

I think all episodes will be available to VIP Chinese viewers today 10th September. If so hope other streaming sites will also have them.

@liesylew I also appreciate fact they didn’t drag out FL hidden gender from ML which was also the case in The Heiress. Unlike in a Class Of her Own where it wasn’t until episode 31 of 36 episodes that ML finds out... wth! WeTv was even actually behind Viki on eng sub episodes for MH. I watched all 12 sub episodes for free on Viki while on WeTV half of those episodes where only for VIP. I would pay for VIP if it actually meant I had early access but not in this case :-) 

@Dramanoona lol The Heiress is also on hold for me at episode 18. Will likely stop at episode 22 whilst main couple are still together. Creating my own happy ending. 

There must be a conspiracy on holding  out the English subs for this drama. Its an up and coming and popular drama among viewers yet the subs are so slow... sigh..... I dont understand why the subs are not out yet. (Ep13 onwards)

Its amazing that Sebrina Chen's other drama, My Unicorn Girl is also receiving a high ratings of 8.5 on my dramalist (at one point it was 8.7).. thats probably what im gonna watch next ...

Subs come faster plssss

55 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Mini Recaps and review is done by this blog owner.  Upto ep.18 done

https://cyn-lynn.blogspot.com/2020/08/maiden-holmes-recap-and-review.html?m=1

You can understand what is happening until waiting for the subs.

Thank you. 

I was waiting for the mini-angst to begin. LOL.

Just too cute!

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Mini Recaps and review is done by this blog owner.  Upto ep.18 done

https://cyn-lynn.blogspot.com/2020/08/maiden-holmes-recap-and-review.html?m=1

You can understand what is happening until waiting for the subs.

Yes i was reading the recaps from there...hence the excitement to watch ep13 and 14... sigh

@Dramanoona I have an answer to your hope about the ending

Edited - to add a teaser

Spoiler

There is a scene from the opening score where you find the five of them on a horse each, riding into the open unknown.... and that is the ending for E32. Our ML and FL are together and they decide to continue investigating mysteries together with the ML's male servant and our 2nd FL and 2nd ML. I think that's the best sort of ending for this storyline. I ffed just to make sure the ending was worth my time watching the other episodes. They are all up on doboku, right till the end.

25474306f95977ee.png

Oh, just to tease you a little, this is just before the riding off to the sunset scene, our FL is conducting a class on criminal investigations. Our dear ML is trying to catch her attention to ask her whether she wants to have a meal. But our FL is so focused and determined to continue the class that she ignores him. Being the imp that he is, he strides right into class, picks her up and carries her off in the middle of the class. When she asks him how he can do that, her students are all looking at her, he replies "I can't stand the look of adoration they are giving you... and I want them to know that you are mine!"

@Chy2209 The draggy discovery about the FL's identity in A Class Of  Her Own I reckon is because it follows the Korean drama (Sangkyungkwan Scandal) it was based on; the Chinese version remained true to the original story, right up to the wedding. I also stopped The Heiress around the same place as you after discovering the ending. sigh...

Oh... and guess who gave the FL the dagger when she was a young girl - you couldn't possibly guess.:rolleyes:

oh and @Dramanoona E24 is more steamy, in a cave with a half dressed man, need I say more?

Thank you @SC2019 for the spoiler.

I am content with that ending as 

Spoiler

it does indicate a future together. 

I didn't like how Heiress ended with that vague 'did they meet again or not' 

Now I have to look forward to watching the drama to the end!

OK. People. You can't miss the kiss scene in Ep 23.  Trust me. 

15 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@Dramanoona I have an answer to your hope about the ending

Edited - to add a teaser

Hide contents

There is a scene from the opening score where you find the five of them on a horse each, riding into the open unknown.... and that is the ending for E32. Our ML and FL are together and they decide to continue investigating mysteries together with the ML's male servant and our 2nd FL and 2nd ML. I think that's the best sort of ending for this storyline. I ffed just to make sure the ending was worth my time watching the other episodes. They are all up on doboku, right till the end.

Oh, just to tease you a little, this is just before the riding off to the sunset scene, our FL is conducting a class on criminal investigations. Our dear ML is trying to catch her attention to ask her whether she wants to have a meal. But our FL is so focused and determined to continue the class that she ignores him. Being the imp that he is, he strides right into class, picks her up and carries her off in the middle of the class. When she asks him how he can do that, her students are all looking at her, he replies "I can't stand the look of adoration they are giving you... and I want them to know that you are mine!"

@Chy2209 The draggy discovery about the FL's identity in A Class Of  Her Own I reckon is because it follows the Korean drama (Sangkyungkwan Scandal) it was based on; the Chinese version remained true to the original story, right up to the wedding. I also stopped The Heiress around the same place as you after discovering the ending. sigh...

Oh... and guess who gave the FL the dagger when she was a young girl - you couldn't possibly guess.:rolleyes:

oh and @Dramanoona E24 is more steamy, in a cave with a half dressed man, need I say more?

i think it's a pretty good ending 

Spoiler

I am not going to lie i watched it raw and understand about  close to zero words but after watching a few Chinese period dramas there is one word i can catch quite quickly and it's wangfei. At the end Prince Qi's attendant FY makes the mistake of calling su ci by her old form of address and the Prince quite quickly makes him correct himself and  he calls her wangfei. meaning these two got hitched. Cause wangfei is what they call the official wife of a prince. so they got married and kept saving the world one case at a time with their band of friends. that's the best type of ending to me.  very good drama, good watch from start to finish i love the equal footing with this couple. The female lead was smart but her prince was just as smart, and did not have to be cold hearted and aloof to boot. love these types of leads the most. she had her stumbles in trust but he was always ready to clear things up and be patient and straightforward. I love when leads don't let misunderstandings fester. when they are always ready to dialogue and get thru things together. It doesn't mean you can't throw them curve balls, but there is nothing better than having a main couple that gets through things together. Dialogue and working through problems together is what makes for a strong power couple. This is definitely a power couple. who says you need love triangles and years of misunderstandings to make good drama, not I. Give me more of this and i am satisfied. 

I watched it raw too and loved how they talked things out. Through the misunderstandings,  how the ML was always so patient with the FL and how the FL kept her detecting skills sharp throughout the series. 

She was only vulnerable with Pei Zhao. Sigh. I deem this a keeper. 

4 hours ago, Chy2209 said:

Best happy ending!!! Loved it even though watched it raw. Their kisses are so hot and passionate... Kept pressing replay replay replay lol 

Oh. My. Gosh. Many thanks for letting us know. Now I can savor this show without worrying about the ending. I really enjoy this show and characters. I want to know who massacred her tribe though. 

So far this year this show and Qing Qing Zi Jin (maybe Song of Glory too) are my favorites.

I noticed that most of the kisses, the FL actually took the lead to begin with (and it's not the wimpy tiny kisses that actresses usually portray, it's the wide-mouthed kind), and I reckon it's prolly because she knows it's his first show, so she's kinda like warming the ML into it as her senior in the profession. Kudos to her!

Spoiler

[poor gal though, I heard she's drawing flack in another drama because the rabid fans in China are bashing her for a rumoured-romance with one of the ML in that production which is a BL story. I hope she holds her head up high amidst all that negativity. Sebrina Chen, if you ever read this - don't let that get into your head, you are just doing your job, and the rumours will die down with time. 忍耐I点儿 You go girl! 

And the ML is such an even-tempered, empathetic, understanding guy...wow....I think he's such a rare breed in the drama world (putting aside in the real world). I agree with you all, this show is definitely worth watching and re-watching. @Cayu18 yup - you guessed the meaning right about the word he used to address the FL :wub:

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Maiden Holmes 少女大人

I was disappointed in FL reaction in episode 22 when she thought ML was the cause of her parents death... it wasn’t consistent with her rational, logical character and what she knows of ML. I guess everyone has their moments of insanity cause it was insane to want to kill ML based on what she overhead. However their makeup scene in episode 23 made her overreaction worth it:-) 

Archived