[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Forever and Ever 一生一世

sugarplum892

@tantaran808 WAIT a minute!!! Did you write ''DEEP KISS'' O.O 

ok I'M IN, I LOVE BAILU and REN JIALUN IS SO HOTTY (he is a married man ok still he is hotty:wub:)

Isn't this serie that Bailu said that FINALLY she look like a beautiful girl? She was a bit upset in her past role in costume serie. All her characters wasn't a lot feminine and too much HEROIC so she was upset.

She want a serie with beautiful costume and where she can act ''GIRLISH'' 

It's a modern or a ancient time? I'm confused to see picture in modern time and ancient time. I didn't read the novel.

• Like 1

Hi Mia Ka fy,

I read the novel translated by hoju at the link listed in the first entry of this forum.  Although the author of the novel is also the screenwriter of the dramas, there’s no guarantee the plots will be the same.

Saying that, the novel talks about Zhousheng Chen (Jen Jialun) and Shiyi (Bailu) in two different time periods, one modern and one ancient.  Drama adaptation of the modern time is Forever and Ever.  One and Only (former Chang’an Forever) is the drama adaptation of their ancient lives.  I emphasize adaptation because the dramas can be very different from the novels. Shiyi retains her memories of both lifetimes, Zhousheng Chen does not.  

In the novel’s ancient lifetime, Zhousheng Chen is a powerful general and uncle to the Crown Prince.  He is given the responsibility to teach the future Crown Princess (Shiyi), when she is just a girl, to prepare her for her marriage the the Crown Prince.  Despite the 14 year difference in age, they are attracted to each other.   Shiyi is mute and had never expressed her true feelings to him. At the age of 16, she is sent off  to marry the Crown Prince.  ZSC is betrayed by Shiyi’s family and jealous Crown Prince and dies.  Shiyi commits suicide.

In the novel’s modern lifetime, Shiyi is a highly successful voice dubber and ZSC is a brilliant chemistry professor and Young Master of the Zhou family.  Shiyi devotes her life to looking for ZSC and finally sees him at an airport.  She pursues him and they meet casually a few times.  When he needs to marry someone  to change the Zhou family’s business practices (They are a powerful and ruthless family of international illegal trade), he asks Shiyi to marry him. He promises to take care of her but does not love her ....yet.  Based on her memories of their previous life, Shiyi is devoted to him.  How their love slowly matures and develops is a joy to follow.  She ultimately is willing to sacrifice her life to save his.  

I hope this doesn’t spoil anyone’s expectations.  I think both leads will do an excellent job portraying their characters.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, tantaran808 said:

Hi Mia Ka fy,

I read the novel translated by hoju at the link listed in the first entry of this forum.  Although the author of the novel is also the screenwriter of the dramas, there’s no guarantee the plots will be the same.

Saying that, the novel talks about Zhousheng Chen (Jen Jialun) and Shiyi (Bailu) in two different time periods, one modern and one ancient.  The drama One Life One Incarnation Beautiful Bones is the modern time, Chang’an Forever is the ancient time.  Shiyi retains her memories of both lifetimes, Zhousheng Chen does not.  In the ancient lifetime, Zhousheng Chen is a powerful general and uncle to the Crown Prince.  He is given the responsibility to teach the future Crown Princess (Shiyi), when she is just a girl, to prepare her for her marriage the the Crown Prince.  Despite the 14 year difference in age, they are attracted to each other.   Shiyi is mute and had never expressed her true feelings to him. At the age of 16, she is sent off  to marry the Crown Prince.  ZSC is betrayed by Shiyi’s family and jealous Crown Prince and dies.  Shiyi commits suicide.

In Chang’an Forever, Shiyi is a highly successful voice dubber and ZSC is a brilliant chemistry professor and Young Master of the Zhou family.  Shiyi devotes her life to looking for ZSC and finally sees him at an airport.  She pursues him and they meet casually a few times.  When he needs to marry someone  to change the Zhou family’s business practices (They are a powerful and ruthless family of international illegal trade), he asks Shiyi to marry him. He promises to take care of her but does not love her ....yet.  Based on her memories of their previous life, Shiyi is devoted to him.  How their love slowly matures and develops is a joy to follow.  She ultimately is willing to sacrifice her life to save his.  

Really interesting, that what I like in ancient drama. Specially when it's come from the novel, it's better. Reincarnation, transmigration are really popular in fantasy romance novel. I'm currently read in webnovel a same genre...still not finish like 2000 something chapters already. 

The novel is short when I went to the site. It's like Ash of Love novel short but simply angst and really good. 

I love the part you said she ''still have her past memorie'' because that will bring more angst.

For this adaptation, do you think they would start with the modern part and after that return in the ancient time and back to the modern time? Or they would start with the ancient time and after return to the modern time?

Only 30 episodes, that short :omg:still I wait to see Ren Jialun x Bailu chemistry!!!! I can't wait...fangirl activate but need cultivate my patience...this year O.M.G too much awaiting Cdrama. 

• Like 1

miaka fy,

I'm not sure whether the modern or ancient drama will be broadcast first.  In my logical thinking, the ancient one would be seen first to help explain their relationship in the modern one.  It's just that Chang'an Forever (ancient) was filmed after the One Life One Incarnation (modern).  The photos and clips I've seen are fabulous.  Of course, I'm biased because I'm a fan of Ren Jialun.

I spend my time waiting for his dramas by reading the English translation of The Blue Whisper on wattpad.com by aoki.  (See official thread on soompi for link). It's the latest drama that he is filming with Dilreba as his female lead.  I've heard he wants to dub the drama with his own voice, which has caused some criticism.

• Insightful 2

On 3/13/2021 at 3:28 PM, tantaran808 said:

miaka fy,

I'm not sure whether the modern or ancient drama will be broadcast first.  In my logical thinking, the ancient one would be seen first to help explain their relationship in the modern one.  It's just that Chang'an Forever (ancient) was filmed after the One Life One Incarnation (modern).  The photos and clips I've seen are fabulous.  Of course, I'm biased because I'm a fan of Ren Jialun.

I spend my time waiting for his dramas by reading the English translation of The Blue Whisper on wattpad.com by aoki.  (See official thread on soompi for link). It's the latest drama that he is filming with Dilreba as his female lead.  I've heard he wants to dub the drama with his own voice, which has caused some criticism.

I'm also Ren Jialun fan :wub: and I have watch all his serie...only the modern serie he did ...I didn't watch it. I'm not so into republic china time. 

What should I read first for this drama?  They have many part or should I read only the part you said about ''One life one Incarnation'' ? Or I need to read the whole page from the link on the first page? I never read from this author. I read too much already many novel in a same time and try to finish it but not possible with my schedule. 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2021%2F0312%2F01a6d13fj00qpunru0016c000hs00eog.jpg&thumbnail=650x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2021%2F0312%2Fa2d86500j00qpunrv0010c000hs00d7g.jpg&thumbnail=650x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Spoiler

I'm more into the ancient time...THEY are so beautiful!!!!!

w6fKlyy.jpg

81bd9b62bd9e6a19.jpg

CREDIT TO the owner...

Snow, snow, snow...OMG I think I'm already start to tearing just to see the snow.....:tears:

• Like 1

Miata fy,

One Life One Incarnation has less than 50 chapters and it’s a fast read for me.  Both modern and ancient plots are intertwined in the chapters.

I agree that Ren Jialun first captured my attention because he is stunning in ancient costumes.

Autumn Cicada is interesting but the editing to the plot is not done well.  Made it hard to follow so I watched it 3 times to understand it.

Stay well. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 1:18 PM, tantaran808 said:

Miata fy,

One Life One Incarnation has less than 50 chapters and it’s a fast read for me.  Both modern and ancient plots are intertwined in the chapters.

I agree that Ren Jialun first captured my attention because he is stunning in ancient costumes.

Autumn Cicada is interesting but the editing to the plot is not done well.  Made it hard to follow so I watched it 3 times to understand it.

Stay well. 

For sure I'm really into more ancient costumes serie than modern serie. But I do watch a lot modern serie too, just if the poster is about ancient wuxia, fantasy serie it's pick me curiosity immediatly. More than the modern serie. I have read the plot story before to start it. 

The novel is already in my list to read. Normally I read really fast a novel, but I start to many novel is a same time and also have drama to watch, I will try my best to read and write what do I think. 

Autumn cicada, I only watch 3 episodes, I didn't continue yet...Sometime is probably the plot who make me more into it. You watched 3 times wow...

I like him for ''The Glory of Tang Dynasty'' with the actress who act right now in ''Rattan'' Jing Tian. I did watch it because of him LOL 

Also the Destiny of the white snake....I fall hard for him...crying so much OMG

also with Seven in Under the power ...oh my my I love cold man...

Anyway, let's wait for this serie 

27lsV8N.jpg

credit to the owner

x5TEaAt.jpg

credit to the owner

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Chang'an Memories (latest title for the ancient part of Forever and Ever) can now be reserved on iqiyi. :gangnamstyle:

Apparently it's now 24 episodes with possible showing in August.

@miaka fyand @SC2019,

I'm watching Never Say Goodbye and posting on that soopmi forum.  I would love to see your comments.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@tantaran808 ah, so they are going with the past and then the future approach? Hhhmmm plenty of angst to look forward to then. As for Never Say Goodbye, I want to wait till more of it is shown before I start watching, you probably can understand why. Catch you there then, when I do start watching!

• Like 2

@SC2019

I understand.  If you can’t stand nerve racking suspense, wait till most of the Never Say Goodbye (NSG) episodes are available.  Ren Jialun says he likes to play roles with different personalities so he’s perfect in NSG and will shine in the two parts Chang’an Memories/ Forever and Ever. 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 12:46 PM, tantaran808 said:

@miaka fyand @SC2019,

I'm watching Never Say Goodbye and posting on that soopmi forum.  I would love to see your comments.

No worry dear I dw it until episode the last episode 22 but I only watch episode 1 so far because omg it's 50 episodes o.o

Uab58acb759fe4c67a90fa98b0f74cc6cV.jpg

credit to the owner

just waiting more with Forever and ever....awawaaa

• LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pinki chloe said:

l can't wait for this drama but l have two questions when is blue whisper coming out and forever and ever.

in iQiyi, Forever and Ever is coming soon, so should be within the next few months. Blue Whisper, no idea.

• Like 1

I see the historical portion of Forever and Ever,  “Chang’an Memories,” posted on iQiy as coming soon.  It’s slated for 24 episodes.  

Modern portion is supposed to follow in September, but no confirmation yet.

I haven’t seen anything on Blue Whisper.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone, I've started a separate thread for One and Only as the prequel (costume drama section), formerly known as Chang An' Memories. Forever and Ever is specifically for the modern drama, or the sequel. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] One and Only 一生一世
On 8/16/2021 at 10:39 AM, SC2019 said:

hi everyone, I've started a separate thread for One and Only as the prequel (costume drama section), formerly known as Chang An' Memories. Forever and Ever is specifically for the modern drama, or the sequel. 

Does this mean that there will be a season 1 and season 2?

I've started watching already and I was hoping that the modern times would come as soon as the ancient times end. 

3 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Does this mean that there will be a season 1 and season 2?

I've started watching already and I was hoping that the modern times would come as soon as the ancient times end. 

It should come after the historical portion ends, the yet unannounced air date is sept 9th, a day after historical portion ends. The date is calculated from other dramas that got bundled together with Forever and Ever for marketing purpose, the last one before Forever and Ever aired today, leaving open slot for F&E.

• Like 2