[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Forever and Ever 一生一世

sugarplum892

Hello friends,

I'm on ep 7 now.  I really like this series!!  I love they are so patient with their "engaged relationship". - especially no one is rushing into anything.  I know we're all probably waiting for some "romance".

Sorry in advance, I haven't got a chance to read the prior posts but can someone please explain to me what made the FL attracted to the ML when they were at the airport.  Because of his name? appearance?  I'm not sure if the subs are explaining it right.

• Like 1

Yes, because of his name. SY was dubbing a documentary/drama that had a character named ZSC. She felt a special connection to the character because her name is also coincidentally the name of the female character. That’s why her good friend commented in a later episode that the name of a person is very important, because that’s what led to their romance. This plot is different from the novel which had a reincarnation theme, which of course is now banned in China.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

If you watch season 1, it will help you understand and connect with the main characters. It wasn't easy to watch them suffer, but it makes is more believable why Shi Yi loves ZC at first sight and refuse to consider other males.

Ahhh... so in a way, it is possible to watch it without watching the 1st season...hmm... after seeing how draggy YAMG is - like literally 16 episodes of video games! - i think this should should be good. Furthermore i like Bai Lu, missed her since her drama with LYX. :)

So i watched ep1... not bad.. but does Allen Ren always talk like that? Very softly?

The city of Xian looks beautiful, i would love to visit the city in the future.... i love history and take a lots of pictures when i visit historical sites.... sigh..

Covid, GO AWAY faster!.... its been nearly 2 years that we cant travel out! Arghhhh... 

BaiLu, beautiful as ever...:wub:

---

At ep4, hmm.. shouldnt Chen tell her why he is rushing the engagement? ... 

10 hours ago, omiki said:

Yes, because of his name. SY was dubbing a documentary/drama that had a character named ZSC. She felt a special connection to the character because her name is also coincidentally the name of the female character. That’s why her good friend commented in a later episode that the name of a person is very important, because that’s what led to their romance. This plot is different from the novel which had a reincarnation theme, which of course is now banned in China.

Thank you @omiki for explaining this to me!  Makes sense now!!!

I hate myself for being current with the series...now I have to wait for days for new eps.  I'm at ep 10 now.

It seems like the ML constantly has stuff going on or things to handle all the time, and he still manages to have time to prep for an engagement.

His family is huge.  Everyone is some sort of distant relative.  It was so confusing at first to figure out who's who....but glad it was explained in ep 8 and 9. 

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

So i watched ep1... not bad.. but does Allen Ren always talk like that? Very softly?

The city of Xian looks beautiful, i would love to visit the city in the future.... i love history and take a lots of pictures when i visit historical sites.... sigh..

Covid, GO AWAY faster!.... its been nearly 2 years that we cant travel out! Arghhhh... 

BaiLu, beautiful as ever...:wub:

---

At ep4, hmm.. shouldnt Chen tell her why he is rushing the engagement? ... 

@realistic2280a  I was thinking the same thing about Allen Ren.  This is the first time for me to see him in a series.  I think he only talks like this because of his character personality.

Xian is beautiful.  I've been there years ago....lots of things to see there.  Hopefully we can all travel soon!

• Like 1

I was never interested in visiting China (polluted air, too crowded) but seeing Xian and Shanghai is fascinating now. When travel becomes safe, I’m looking forward to seeing these sights, especially the historic ones.

Also, looking forward to Shiyi’s and ZSC’s blossoming romance.  I heard that Allen Ren said he is playing ZSC as cute and fierce.  We’re seeing the cute…I’m waiting for the fierce.   He can play that so well as seen in One and Only.

3 hours ago, zijinini said:

She can't draw her master so she draw lotus instead. Lotus is ZSC in her heart. 
Did you girls see how many lotus paintings in her modern home?

spacer.png241690759_2988014258182778_6808212769104

Hide contents

spacer.pngspacer.png

Good observation

Edited by Anabea

How are they spoilers? All the photos I posted here are from the episodes that are already been aired.

Spoilers? You call that spoilers? Have you ever seen the drama?

You call something that already been aired but you didn't noticed as spoilers?

I am out of here.

@Anabea, Could you please delete your quote part thanks.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:25 PM, tantaran808 said:

I was never interested in visiting China (polluted air, too crowded) but seeing Xian and Shanghai is fascinating now. When travel becomes safe, I’m looking forward to seeing these sights, especially the historic ones.

Same...i was there a decade ago (not my first time) but that 2 weeks straight, work trip travelling from Beijing, Shanghai and to Nanning, then HK... was an eye opener... pollution was so bad, even after touching down on Beijing airport then,  we cant see the road ahead of us on the way to the hotel.... that got me really worried! :crazy:  Nanning was supposed to be the undeveloped part yet the pollution was bad... imagine landing at HK aiport, then u understand that kind of pollution that Nanning has.... Sigh.

after that trip, i never really wanted to go bk and visit and concerns about food safety was high back then too. However, over 2 years ago, i visited Fujian and went on a boat trip to the Taiwanese side, and it was fun! And i really dont mind going bk to visit again... lets hope covid will end so!

My concern though... everyone was using wechat to pay and we foreigners didnt know what to do, haha. So much for finding the best exchange rate for our currency :D

@NYXbaby... yes same.. my first time seeing him acting... i remember there was a hu har about the drama.. Allen didnt want to kiss the BaiLu out of respect to his wife and some fans were at war becaUse of that... however i read somewhere that there is a kiss scene in this drama.. around ep10 is it.. so i wanna see if its like a teenager peck on the mouth or cheek:D

Overall, it is still unbelievable to me why BaiLu character will agree to the engagement so fast, unless she remembers him.. i mean, i dont think she is desperate for a partner... no doubt we see that he is very gentle to Bailu character in the last few episodes.... and Bailu is very good for being a  strong character... she can take over his business if he wants to, hahhaa

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:58 AM, NYXbaby said:

I was thinking the same thing about Allen Ren.  This is the first time for me to see him in a series.  I think he only talks like this because of his character personality.

It's his real voice in Forever and Ever. He is very soft spoken, that's why he's always dubbed in costume dramas like the first season (One and Only). I think he's also dubbed in earlier modern dramas as well, Miss Crow with Mr Lizard was the first modern drama I watched that he wasn't dubbed.

I don't mind his voice, but I can see why it might not fit in the historical or fantasy "authority" roles. So far I've liked all the dubbers they've had for him.

• Like 1

C-dramas are often criticized for dubbing their dialog, and the reason is given that regional accents (Taiwan, HongKong), noise on drama sets, etc.  interfere.  All professional actor/actresses would want to use  their own voice because it completes their ownership of their role.  But its expensive because it takes more post-production time and the voice has to match.  Hu Ge is an example of a good actor that dubs his own dialog.  

When Allen Jialun Ren used his own voice in Miss Crow with Mr Lizard, he was amply criticized.  I’m glad the production team kept his natural voice in Forever and Ever.

@realistic2280aI believe Shi Yi accepted ZSC’s “flash” proposal because of her memories, albeit vague, of ZSC.   As she told her mother, he was the only one for her.

12 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

@NYXbaby... yes same.. my first time seeing him acting... i remember there was a hu har about the drama.. Allen didnt want to kiss the BaiLu out of respect to his wife and some fans were at war becUse of that... however i read somewhere that there is a kiss scene in this drama.. around ep10 is it.. so i wanna see if its like a teenager peck on the mouth or cheek:D

Gosh, he's married? He looks quite young. I thought he was one of those boyband members who was given a break in a drama series. 

Spoiler

As for the kiss, yes there was one in the car and it was very chaste and not moving at all! 

23 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@realistic2280aI believe Shi Yi accepted ZSC’s “flash” proposal because of her memories, albeit vague, of ZSC.   As she told her mother, he was the only one for her.

From what we can see.. she doesnt seemed to have good memories of that, yet she was willing to bet her life on someone with the same name... sigh... SHi Yi, you're soooo beautiful, you can find someone who is not your fantasy.. hehhee

19 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Gosh, he's married? He looks quite young. I thought he was one of those boyband members who was given a break in a drama series. 

Hide contents

As for the kiss, yes there was one in the car and it was very chaste and not moving at all! 

Yes he is... i googled it again yesterday just to read updates ... i mean its great that he stayed loyal to his gf despite his popularity  and happily announced the birth of their daughter...

Yes saw ep10, at least he knows he is straight!   LOL... sorry... he is like a little boy who just discovered love and extremely careful with things... i mean, the evil step mom not wanting to met the SY parents..why.. so she can stop him from getting married and inherite the family fortune?... im glad to read/see new episodes which shows that he will actually get married with SY (i assume) as the marriage certificate is shown... i mean yes, just do it... we have watched too many chinese  drama to see how it is easy to get married... haha... if it reminded them of his father, then so be it.. perhaps his father faced the same thing hence he has to resort to doing that ..ie leaving the family

The stepmum cant say anything afterall, it is legally binding document despite their family's prominence and ignorence of tradition?

But ZSC's mannerism at the moment doesnt make him a person who is able to control a large business.. if the elders didnt even think he could do it.. what about us the audience...hmmm

Oh yes, another thing... i feel that the cars in this drama  probably has a more supporting role than grandma..... you see how many times the cars are shown in the drama, driving in and out of the carpark in that mountain mansion:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Oh yes, another thing... i feel that the cars in this drama  probably has a supporting role than grandma..... you see how many times the cars are shown in the drama, driving in and out of the carpark in that mountain mansion:D

Hahaha! So true! Very nice backdrop of cars at the entrance of the house. 

Chen the unsuitable boy, lost in the malicious entanglements of Zhou family.Desperately seeking an escape...When ever ZSC is onscreen this is what flashes in my head.

Shi yi's single minded focus to be with him come hell or high water becomes hard to fathom given her level headedness in other aspects.

Once you add the reincarnation and it's remebrance her actions are understandable.Pity the censor scissors don't allow the mention of it.The team does try to creatively leave ample hints for the viewers.I wish they add a line below the subtitles 'don't skip the original novel to get the context.'

The cinematography and art direction is quite good for the drama making it a pleasing watch. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

For me...its like what, i dont really know china car brands so im not familiar with chen's car... but it was shown too often to make people guess? Its like product placement no?

The SUV that they drove to SY's home when they announced that the engagement ceremony is postponed was an Aston Martin. Very posh!

• Like 1