[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Forever and Ever 一生一世

sugarplum892

The actor who played Crown Prince Guangling is ZSC’s best friend and financial advisor Mei Ying in Forever and Ever.  Likewise, the actress who played Princess Xinghua, who loved the Crown Prince, is Zhou Wenxing, ZSC’s younger sister.  That’s all I know so far.

But I love the new actors, such as Shiyi’s roommate Hong Xaoyu (remember General Hong Xaoyu?).  The other characters make the plot rich and intriguing.  

If Shiyi had no memory of their past love, I really doubt that she would have pursued a geeky, socially clumsy ZSC.  But if you look beyond his outer appearance, his inner “bones” are slowly revealed to be the same as the Jr. Prince Nanchen.

ChibiLy: I enrolled in VIP Premium to be able to see the maximum episodes.  VIP standard alone is not enough.

Happy viewing tomorrow and Wednesday!  :hahah!:

• Like 3

helloooo! thanks for the calendar schedule. so tonight 8pm will have ep 7& 8! yay!

oh i see, must join the VIP to watch all the 6 episodes in IQIYI! That will mean we will all pay to upgrade. i saw there a promotion for the premiums in IQIYI. cheaper premiums. go check it out !

• Like 2

Another thing I love is the fact that SY the voice actor is actually dubbing her own character from One and Only.

Hehehehe! I love it! She even told ZC that she was dubbing a show about him. And when she arrived at Shanghai from the QingMing festival at their hometown, she continued to dub the final episode of One and Only. 

• Like 5

I am savoring the building connection between ZSC and SY.  He is s l o w l y getting more comfortable showing his affection.  He definitely loves her, but doesn’t know how to express it well.

In one of his interviews about ZSC, Ren said he felt sorry for the modern ZSC because of the heavy responsibilities he had to endure.

I can see that Shiyi was his strongest supporter and he desperately did every thing to keep her.  He can’t refuse anything she requests and scientifically analyzes what she wants so he can give it to her before she asks.

Spoiler

Yay! First kiss! :happy2:.  Very cute.

• Like 3

Hehehe! Yes, I like how proactive SY is with their relationship.

To think she's the one who remembers their past, albeit hazily. I assumed she would be a bit more formal or reserved (with regards to the kiss). 

Then again, it is ZC whom she had feelings for who she's with now in the modern times.

• Like 3

Back from vacation and just rant it because I didn't rant at all in One and Only..

First @tantaran808 dear:kiss_wink: hehe glad to see you finally..actually it's was my who was disappear HAHAHAHA....just take off for vacation

Second no worry, I have read all the book from One incarnation....I reread twice because it's was super short so I can super spoiler here ....hehe ...oh nope people will kill me if I did it lollll

I really love One and Only specially from the novel version, it's was only when she was pass away or something like that that we got some clue about who is ShiYi and who is ZSC....I did love a lot how they make with 24 episodes the complete story...

They add a lot detail with all her sister and brother disciple....

with only some flashback, the producer was able to recreate the whole 24 episodes with a lot laugh, cry and everything !!! So l was so surprise that they will start with the ancient time first and the modern time after. How they filming it's seem to be like they complete the whole modern time before and after that they start to filming the ancient time. 

In the novel, it's a kind explicite '''' between ShiYi and ZSC. So imagine my reaction when I start to watch the One and Only and try to imagine ZSC like that o.o when I know how he is in modern.....oh.....it's that really ZSC O.O ohh

I was more pleasant with the drama version than the novel...seriously. Probably ZSC was suppose to be handsome in his past life but how he can be so ...''ordinary'' in the modern version in the novel. I mean, I prefer Ren Jiulun play both of ZSC than like the novel, they need to change two person different...completely.

I always also feel ShiYi love is more stronger than ZSC. I mean, ZSC love ShiYi but ShiYi love for me is true...I mean it's like a sticker that will never go out. So I feel he did completely got her in assurance...versu ...him. I dunno how I will explain...

The best ZSC for me was the one from the ancient...the modern from the novel was a bit....Oh well.....

Back to the drama version.

ShiYi memory was never completely explain that was a resurrection, it's was make like a dream from the past. I still dunno if she know that was her reincarnation or not....

I'm on episode 6 and everything was really alike from the novel version. I was waiting for some familiar face from One and Only and yes we got some hehe ...

I didn't read yet any post....so I need to go back to read it...I know ^^;;

edit: dw until episode 10 !! no time to watch :bawling:

• Like 3

Good to hear from you again, Miaka fy!

Like you said, One and Only was terrific in that it embellished the ancient story of ZSC and SY.  It differs from the novel and brought in a lot more new characters.   Allen Ren was a perfect ZSC, strong, loyal, affectionate, “beautiful bones.”  Bailu played Shiyi perfectly too, especially when she chooses to commit suicide rather than marry the Crown Prince, who framed and killed ZSC.   This unfulfilled love carries forward to Forever and Ever.  

In the drama right now, Shiyi sees the “beautiful bones” of ZSC, it’s just now apparent yet.  She loves him unconditionally, he loves her, but still tentatively.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, tantaran808 said:

Good to hear from you again, Miaka fy!

Like you said, One and Only was terrific in that it embellished the ancient story of ZSC and SY.  It differs from the novel and brought in a lot more new characters.   Allen Ren was a perfect ZSC, strong, loyal, affectionate, “beautiful bones.”  Bailu played Shiyi perfectly too, especially when she chooses to commit suicide rather than marry the Crown Prince, who framed and killed ZSC.   This unfulfilled love carries forward to Forever and Ever.  

In the drama right now, Shiyi sees the “beautiful bones” of ZSC, it’s just now apparent yet.  She loves him unconditionally, he loves her, but still tentatively.   

:happydance:yes back -^^- dear!!!

What I like from this drama adaptation is....they keep Allen Ren for ZSC for acting!!!! I was worry about that.

The beautiful bones is the ''soul'' from ZSC. So actually the soul can be in a ''ordinary'' man or not ugly man but respectable man. ShiYi reconize the bone, the soul inside the ''human body''. But Allen Ren is a same ''body'' and  same ''bone/soul'' so it's change from the story from the novel. 

They can't use again ''bone'' for this adaptation because the ''body'' is a same actor from the past life. So for that I still prefer our Allen Ren acting in this adaptation versu the novel version. 

I dunno if you have a same feeling like me...but when I read the novel *twice* ZSC got ShiYi like ''takes for granted''. I will explain...it's like ShiYi with her memory from the past was feeling upset and kind like terrible sorry about ZSC. She said she will give him everything to help him, because also she was super sad that he was die because of ''her''. She love him and know him in the airport. She was unconditionel in LOVE with him without any reserve....he fall in love with her too. But in any condition...if he did something bad...he will know that she always love him...without reserve...

it's that ZSC really appel to me...hm

Spoiler from novel...please no read it.

Spoiler

How many time she was like dying for him because he didn't explain nothing about his family...he want to protect her himself...but everytime..she was at the end from the line ...I was feeling mad from the ZSC modern version because of that sigh.....

Who is back from the ancient time....

ZSC best friend was the Crown Prince? o.o I was though he was the monk from the One and Only o.o omg....I lost...how I can't reconize no one right now...better to check the actor name one by one  and cheat it.....:blush:

• Like 1

Actually, I don’t think the best friend is the Crown Prince. They don’t look the same, and their mannerisms are different. So far, I haven’t seen anybody from the ancient drama yet.

in episode 5, I laughed so much when I saw ZSC sling SY’s bag across his body. Reminded me of the controversy a while back about whether guys should help carry the bags of their girl friend or wife. Personally speaking, I don’t think it is necessary unless it is a heavy luggage bag. But it’s cute to see ZSC do it :cutekitty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omiki said:

Actually, I don’t think the best friend is the Crown Prince. They don’t look the same, and their mannerisms are different. So far, I haven’t seen anybody from the ancient drama yet.

You're correct, I saw on MDL that Wang Xing Yue 王星越 played the crown prince and Wu Man Si  吴曼思 played the princess in Season 1. In season 2, ZSC's best friend is played by J_Black 此沙 and his sister is Wang Rui Xin 王瑞欣. So, unfortunately for us, no one from season 1.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for correcting me.  Checking the names of the actors is the most accurate way.

@miaka fy I was also frustrated that ZSC did not tell SY everything.

Spoiler

I remember in the novel that he explained why.  If he told her she was in danger because his family is messed up, he was afraid she would leave him.  That was something he could not endure.  So he tried his best to protect her, but did not know the true perpetrator.

My thoughts on Episode 9.  I can watch this episode over and over again - so many sweet moments.  You can tell I am an Allen Ren fan :happy2:

Spoiler

1. ZSC holds SY at the library tower when her acrophobia occurs, then fakes an allergic reaction in embarrassment when Wenxing sees them.

2.  ZSC, who doesn’t drive often,  is terrified when SY drives their car and speeds down their mountain road.

3.  Their first kiss !!!  I guess the “no kissing” clause in Allen Ren’s contract is not true.

4.  ZSC and Shiyi’s reaction when their driver catches them kissing.  I can’t stop laughing. :getmygrooveon:

5.  ZSC’s embarrassed look when he’s caught checking the room lights of SY’s room.

6.  ZSC does a morning run twice so he can run with Shiyi

7.  ZSC’s cold look at a distant relative who had tried to “pick up” Shiyi earlier. :evillaugh:

I want to watch this because of BaiLu.. the 1st part of the drama didnt end well.  Ive read comments that  people would understand it better if they watched the 1st series before jumping to the modern part... but i dont really want to spend time watching a sad ending drama...sigh

Hello! 

I am back. This year is a treat to RJL's fans as we have 4 dramas back to back. That is like... 4 years worth of supplies. Anyways.. Here is my another 2 cents for Forever & Ever (Until ep 10 ) :

for One and Only Forever & Ever saga, Forever & Ever is actually the essence of story in novel. In fact, the original writer spent most of her time developing modern era characters. Yet, I have never felt connected with any the characters in the novel for modern part. (Novel fans, pls don't kill me :sweats: )

It is because I cannot imagine the ZSC (or accept ZSC) in my mind. When I tried to read the novel (I tried 4 times and finally finished it, somewhat), I feel that modern ZSC is totally a "failure" who cannot protect Shiyi. Granted, he was pitiful but that does not explain his slow reactions to save his love. Shiyi, on the other hand, was a total babo (바보) for me. The past was painful, it is her first love, she wants to protect him, love is sweet etc etc but I afraid that does not justify (for me) her extreme oblivion. Love is all about trust and I understand that she trusted ZSC but did she not see many red flags around him? So this whole F&E modern part in novel is not attractive to me.

Now, The drama. I think they did the right choice by airing One and only first. I adore One and Only. I feel that it is the best drama that both RJL and Bailu could ever have to showcase their acting skills. The ending was so torturing that we just needed a closure. So when F&E comes, it was like a spring after the cold winter torture. But do I like F&E as a drama itself and their characters , for now, I don't know. I think I like it. It is because currently it is still at the start and both Bailu & RJL make their characters more normal than the novel or my imagination has been. ZSC in drama version is cuter and better at protecting Shi Yi (For now) than in the novel . I love that how he tried to give her everything despite the "limited" abilities he has and all the pain that he is bearing. I love that how both are trying their best to protect each other. My imagination of ZSC was a log that fell in love but I am glad that RJL changed it to cute one. Thanks goodness.

And recently, the kiss has been a hot topic isn't it ? People are saying RJL break the curse or policy or sth.  I mean it is sweet. But I wish they give RJL a break from these nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I want to watch this because of BaiLu.. the 1st part of the drama didnt end well.  Ive read comments that  people would understand it better if they watched the 1st series before jumping to the modern part... but i dont really want to spend time watching a sad ending drama...sigh

BaiLu is outstanding in both dramas.  I like her better in F&E because she shows a wider range of emotions.  But her grief expressed in One and Only was memorable.  Luckily the sadness is quickly relieved by watching F&E. 

@Ma OO Perhaps Shiyi’s determination to stay with ZSC after several attempts on her life was partly because she felt guilty from their previous life.  She couldn’t help ZSC or her mother and couldn’t kill the Crown Prince 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, bluehibiscus said:

Someone wrote that Bai Lu does not fit the book’s description of being an extraordinary beauty and cited Ju Jingyu as being more suitable appearance-wise. Sorry to her fans but Ju Jingyi’s looks have never astounded me. I find the hype around her looks to be overrated. In contrast, Bai Lu has always struck me as being very beautiful and natural. What do you all feel?

Oh god, if Ju Jingyi was the lead, this drama would fall flat. She can’t act, her eyes have no soul, all she cares about is being pretty. Can’t stand watching her. So thank god that it’s Bai lu that is the main lead, because she really can act

20 hours ago, omiki said:

in episode 5, I laughed so much when I saw ZSC sling SY’s bag across his body. Reminded me of the controversy a while back about whether guys should help carry the bags of their girl friend or wife. Personally speaking, I don’t think it is necessary unless it is a heavy luggage bag. But it’s cute to see ZSC do it :cutekitty:

When they reincarnated, they are not meant to look the same. I think in the book, it said if you do good things, you get to be reincarnated in a beautiful body.

21 hours ago, miaka fy said:

:happydance:yes back -^^- dear!!!

What I like from this drama adaptation is....they keep Allen Ren for ZSC for acting!!!! I was worry about that.

The beautiful bones is the ''soul'' from ZSC. So actually the soul can be in a ''ordinary'' man or not ugly man but respectable man. ShiYi reconize the bone, the soul inside the ''human body''. But Allen Ren is a same ''body'' and  same ''bone/soul'' so it's change from the story from the novel. 

They can't use again ''bone'' for this adaptation because the ''body'' is a same actor from the past life. So for that I still prefer our Allen Ren acting in this adaptation versu the novel version. 

I dunno if you have a same feeling like me...but when I read the novel *twice* ZSC got ShiYi like ''takes for granted''. I will explain...it's like ShiYi with her memory from the past was feeling upset and kind like terrible sorry about ZSC. She said she will give him everything to help him, because also she was super sad that he was die because of ''her''. She love him and know him in the airport. She was unconditionel in LOVE with him without any reserve....he fall in love with her too. But in any condition...if he did something bad...he will know that she always love him...without reserve...

it's that ZSC really appel to me...hm

Spoiler from novel...please no read it.

Reveal hidden contents

How many time she was like dying for him because he didn't explain nothing about his family...he want to protect her himself...but everytime..she was at the end from the line ...I was feeling mad from the ZSC modern version because of that sigh.....

Who is back from the ancient time....

ZSC best friend was the Crown Prince? o.o I was though he was the monk from the One and Only o.o omg....I lost...how I can't reconize no one right now...better to check the actor name one by one  and cheat it.....:blush:

for me, there are a few reasons to keep Allen for ZSC: the connection between the 2 dramas since they can’t ever say the word “reincarnation” lol. Another reason is because people will compare if there are different male leads, it will just affect the drama and its reception. Also the chemistry between the leads might be affected and again, being compared.

With them taking the reincarnation bit out for the modern series, it is still the beautiful bones that attracted ShiYi. Albeit their first meeting was due to his name, but over half a year, with such dry emails, I think she still be able to sense him as a good person. Plus the fact that she’s still so beautiful that guys just want to date her, and he kinda indifferent, it does make him stand out. And over various encounters, he is still as odd as ever, awkwardly too, and she loves every bit about him, not his look. So it is his bones she loves :)  I do love how the drama ShiYi is a lot more assertive, rather than trapped in the old time. It’s better to show a modern girl interested in traditions (totally what China wants lol) than a girl only interested in it because she was reincarnated with the past memories lol. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Noona said:

You're correct, I saw on MDL that Wang Xing Yue 王星越 played the crown prince and Wu Man Si  吴曼思 played the princess in Season 1. In season 2, ZSC's best friend is played by J_Black 此沙 and his sister is Wang Rui Xin 王瑞欣. So, unfortunately for us, no one from season 1.

Ah, I see. The Crown Prince and the best friend share some similar features but I totally see now that it's not him. And I do agree that sometimes in reincarnation, specific people do not need to look the same. In the book, modern ZC did not look like the ancient ZC. This may be so the point of having "beautiful bones" be realized. 

16 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

If you watch season 1, it will help you understand and connect with the main characters. It wasn't easy to watch them suffer, but it makes is more believable why Shi Yi loves ZC at first sight and refuse to consider other males.

• Blob 1

3 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

BaiLu is outstanding in both dramas.  I like her better in F&E because she shows a wider range of emotions.  But her grief expressed in One and Only was memorable.  Luckily the sadness is quickly relieved by watching F&E. 

@Ma OO Perhaps Shiyi’s determination to stay with ZSC after several attempts on her life was partly because she felt guilty from their previous life.  She couldn’t help ZSC or her mother and couldn’t kill the Crown Prince 

In the novel, SY does stay with ZSC at the beginning was because she was guilty. But overtime, she lost the ability to figure out whether she loves the old ZSC or the new one, in the end, I think she knew she just loves him, one thing they have in common is the beautiful soul/bones.

Just now, ChibiLy said:

If you watch season 1, it will help you understand and connect with the main characters. It wasn't easy to watch them suffer, but it makes is more believable why Shi Yi loves ZC ar first sight and refuse to consider other males.

Very true. No one can believe love at first sight, maybe deep down something in us still remember our past entanglement that cause us to not be able to let go after that first meeting/sight

23 hours ago, miaka fy said:

Back from vacation and just rant it because I didn't rant at all in One and Only..

First @tantaran808 dear:kiss_wink: hehe glad to see you finally..actually it's was my who was disappear HAHAHAHA....just take off for vacation

Second no worry, I have read all the book from One incarnation....I reread twice because it's was super short so I can super spoiler here ....hehe ...oh nope people will kill me if I did it lollll

I really love One and Only specially from the novel version, it's was only when she was pass away or something like that that we got some clue about who is ShiYi and who is ZSC....I did love a lot how they make with 24 episodes the complete story...

They add a lot detail with all her sister and brother disciple....

with only some flashback, the producer was able to recreate the whole 24 episodes with a lot laugh, cry and everything !!! So l was so surprise that they will start with the ancient time first and the modern time after. How they filming it's seem to be like they complete the whole modern time before and after that they start to filming the ancient time. 

In the novel, it's a kind explicite '''' between ShiYi and ZSC. So imagine my reaction when I start to watch the One and Only and try to imagine ZSC like that o.o when I know how he is in modern.....oh.....it's that really ZSC O.O ohh

I was more pleasant with the drama version than the novel...seriously. Probably ZSC was suppose to be handsome in his past life but how he can be so ...''ordinary'' in the modern version in the novel. I mean, I prefer Ren Jiulun play both of ZSC than like the novel, they need to change two person different...completely.

I always also feel ShiYi love is more stronger than ZSC. I mean, ZSC love ShiYi but ShiYi love for me is true...I mean it's like a sticker that will never go out. So I feel he did completely got her in assurance...versu ...him. I dunno how I will explain...

The best ZSC for me was the one from the ancient...the modern from the novel was a bit....Oh well.....

Back to the drama version.

ShiYi memory was never completely explain that was a resurrection, it's was make like a dream from the past. I still dunno if she know that was her reincarnation or not....

I'm on episode 6 and everything was really alike from the novel version. I was waiting for some familiar face from One and Only and yes we got some hehe ...

I didn't read yet any post....so I need to go back to read it...I know ^^;;

edit: dw until episode 10 !! no time to watch :bawling:

I understand what you mean. 

Maybe not at the beginning, but later on in their relationship I believe ZSC loves SY just as much. SY have less responsibility in both lifetimes and is well loved by her family. Therefore, her actions are more carefree and loving in comparison to ZSC.

ZSC have a complex upbringing, all his actions will result in some type of negative consequences, not just for him but potentially for others around him. ZSC is not a strong communicator, instead he expresses his feelings through actions. So for him to defy his mother and to give SY whatever she wants, is his way of expressing his love for SY. 

The beauty of their relationship is, that no matter what, they both quietly and steadily support each other.

• Like 1