[Upcoming Drama 2022] Fly High, Butterfly / Flying Butterflies / Salon de NABI, 날아올라라 나비 - Choi Daniel, Kim Hyang Gi & Oh Yoon Ah - Premieres in 2022

gm4queen

2 minutes ago, _thematchabun said:

Can’t believe I waited 2 years for this drama lol . Where are the promo pics? JTBC should really promote this drama now. There hasn’t been a peep or even a slight teaser for this? I hope all goes well. 

Feelings mutual. The leads were casted for the drama in 2020. It's already been 2 years. Now that jtbc confirmed the premiere month themselves, they would start promotions soon. I saw his co-star actress Oh Yoon Ah posted on her instagram few days ago that butterfly is coming soon. But the said post is now deleted.. Why so secrecy?? May be a surprise is awaiting for viewers?? Can't wait! B)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Feelings mutual. The leads were casted for the drama in 2020. It's already been 2 years. Now that jtbc confirmed the premiere month themselves, they would start promotions soon. I saw his co-star actress Oh Yoon Ah posted on her instagram few days ago that butterfly is coming soon. But the said post is now deleted.. Why so secrecy?? May be a surprise is awaiting for viewers?? Can't wait! B)

Is the official date next month?

Yes, I would like to know why this drama has been kept in the basement for this long lol. I can’t wait to see KHG return to the small screen! Also, CD too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, _thematchabun said:

Is the official date next month?

Yes, I would like to know why this drama has been kept in the basement for this long lol. I can’t wait to see KHG return to the small screen! Also, CD too.

Yes, jtbc confirmed their February line up last month. Fly High, Butterfly is scheduled to air in February on Mon _ Tue timeslot at 11pm KST. If you check out the previous page of this thread, you'd see the screenshot I posted from jtbc's official website regarding the jtbc lineup for 2022. And I think Kim Hyang Gi and Daniel are not linked romantically. May be they both have their own separate love stories. But then again, it's all my imagination. Let's wait for the promotions to start. :D

• Like 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, gwenolivia said:

Can't you believe how long it has been postponed? 

I am being so confused over this continuous postponement! jtbc never announced that they will not air the drama in the first place. But they started working on the drama in 2020 and yet the drama is pending broadcast?? :tired:

I see some updates by the cast members lately and everything sounds like the drama is about to air soon, in the nearest future.. Also Choi Daniel is appearing in a variety show on February 15. I wonder if he would give up some heads up about Fly High, Butterfly as it is. Let's not take any decision based on rumors. I am sure we would hear some good news soon! :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gwenolivia said:

May I know what variety show? @gm4queen

He is all set to appear in MBCevery1's That Oppa at the Tteokbokki Restaurant on February 15. Guess he would promote Fly High, Butterfly at some point?? I mean the purpose of the lead actor appearing in a variety show out of the blue might hint that the series is ready to air anytime soon! Let's see what happens! I see people are being too curious about this drama lately... :lol:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

He is all set to appear in MBCevery1's That Oppa at the Tteokbokki Restaurant on February 15. Guess he would promote Fly High, Butterfly at some point?? I mean the purpose of the lead actor appearing in a variety show out of the blue might hint that the series is ready to air anytime soon! Let's see what happens! I see people are being too curious about this drama lately... :lol:

Yay...hope that he'll reveal the airing dates on the show. Anyway, I feel pity for other older casts because they might not get many acting offers like Kim Hyangi or any other young actors. So, this drama seems important for their future career.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, gwenolivia said:

Yay...hope that he'll reveal the airing dates on that show. Anyway, I feel pity for other older casts because they might not get many acting offers like Kim Hyangi or any other young actors. So, this drama seems important for their future career.

Yes, that could be a problem for lesser-known-by-public cast members except for the well-known leads Kim Hyang gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah and may be Shim Eun Woo. We are only informed about the younger cast members. Details about the older generation in the drama are not yet made in to the public. Let's wait if jtbc releases new updates regarding the drama anytime soon! I don't think they can keep it quiet forever!

• Like 2

What happened to it airing in February? The One and Only is ending this next week. Maybe they decided against starting in February because of the Olympics? But since they usually start releasing posters and teasers a month in advance and there's been nothing released yet, I guess it isn't starting right after the Olympics end. We are looking at March at the earliest, now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, qynn said:

What happened to it airing in February? The One and Only is ending this next week. Maybe they decided against starting in February because of the Olympics? But since they usually start releasing posters and teasers a month in advance and there's been nothing released yet, I guess it isn't starting right after the Olympics end. We are looking at March at the earliest, now. 

Yes, I am afraid it won't air this month. Olympics might be a reason. And heard that The Idol : The Coup and The One And Only have lower ratings because it air late at night. So my guess is jtbc might probably change the time slot for Mon-Tue dramas and relaunch with Fly High, Butterfly in April or so. I mean they once made it public that the drama would air in February so I don't think they would take any more time to telecast it. Let's wait a bit more. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, _thematchabun said:

Does anyone know if this drama has completed filming? It’s been almost 2 years and no news about it? 

They finished filming for the drama at the end of June in 2021. No further updates are available. I think they are taking some time off so that people might forget about school bullying scandal of supporting actress Shim Eun woo. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

FINALLY, WE HAVE UPDATE! :w00t:

Fly High, Butterfly is coming soon! World premiere in Taiwan. ♥♥♥♥

Tagging my friends @L Leung @Riya Varma @Combsmania @larus @backstreetboysfan @_thematchabun @qynn and others in!

Watch the teaser trailer below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfWOr0WuO7t/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

ltv.tw instagram story update

FWWHAguUAAIc3zD?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Love 1