[Upcoming Drama 2022] Fly High, Butterfly / Flying Butterflies / Salon de NABI, 날아올라라 나비 - Choi Daniel, Kim Hyang Gi & Oh Yoon Ah - Premieres in 2022

gm4queen

Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, and More Confirmed for New Drama "Fly High Butterfly"

BY Anna G Sep 23, 2020 10:11 PM EDT

choi-daniel-shim-eun-woo-and-oh-yoon-ah.

New JTBC drama with fresh storyline, "Fly High Butterfly", announced its cast lineup. It tackles the lives of hair designers and interns who brightly transform customers with their new, beautiful look at their salon with the titular name. 

The confirmed stars include Choi Daniel, Kim Hyang Gi, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, and in addition Park Jung Woo, Moon Tae Yu, Kim Ga Hee decided to join and work as a professional hairdresser.

Kim Hyang Gi is to portray as Joy, the new and one of the best interns in the salon who works hard along with her peers. Park Jung Woo will be Moo Yeol, the youngest and the silent intern who prefers to work than chat with the others. Kim Ga Hee will portray as Suri, one of the interns who is kind and has a positive outlook towards life. 

The professional hair designers who cater to their big clients and the interns look up to are Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah, and Shim Eun Woo. 

Choi Daniel will portray as Kwang Soo, a hair designer who prefers to follow the right values as professionals at work. Oh Yoon Ah will play as Michelle, a professional hair designer and director of the "Fly High Butterfly" salon, while Shim Eun Woo takes the role of Zen, an engineering student but drops out and chose to be a hair designer.

"Fly High Butterfly" will be co-directed by writer Park Yeon Sun ("Age of Youth") and PD Kim Da Ye ("Hello Dracula"). The drama will air on JTBC in the first half of 2021.

The production crew expressed their excitement and said, "'Fly High Butterfly' will deal with the story of a beauty salon as a workplace, and the hairdresser professionals as they all try to become successful. [It's filled with] stories of normal people with unique sensitivity and who will touch the hearts of the viewers."

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118993/20200923/choi-daniel-oh-yoon-ah-shim-eun-woo-confirmed-fly-high-butterfly.htm

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, parkeunbinchoidaniel said:

https://asianwiki.com/Fly_High,_Butterfly

Set at hair salon Fly High, Butterfly and follows the workers there.

Gi-Bbeum (Kim Hyang-Gi) is in her early 20's and works at Fly High, Butterfly as an assistant intern. She works with three other assistant interns: Moo-Yeol (Park Jung-Woo), Teacher Woo (Moon Tae-Yoo) and Soo-Ri (Kim Ga-Hee). Gi-Bbeum works hard, but she has a hard time dealing with customers.

Gwang-Soo (Daniel Choi) is a hair stylist at Fly High Butterfly. He is enthusiastic at his job and he works with hair salon director Michel (Oh Yoon-Ah) and hair stylist Jen (Sim Eun-Woo).

Cast

Kim Hyang-Gi - Gi-Bbeum

Daniel Choi - Gwang-Soo

Oh Yoon-Ah - Michel

Sim Eun-Woo - Jen

Park Jung-Woo - Moo-Yeol

Moon Tae-Yoo - Teacher Woo

Kim Ga-Hee - Soo-Ri 

Finally they released the names.

Yeahhhh cant’t wait uuwuwuuwuwuwuwuuw ~~~<33333

:333 ~~~~ <3333 ah yeah ah yeahhhh 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Kim Hyang-Gi & Daniel Choi cast in JTBC drama “Fly High, Butterfly”

SEPTEMBER 24 2020

Fly-High-Butterfly-toSM1.jpg

Kim Hyang-Gi & Daniel Choi are cast for lead roles in JTBC drama series “Fly High, Butterfly” (literal title). Also cast in supporting roles are Oh Yoon-Ah, Sim Eun-Woo, Park Jung-Woo, Moon Tae-Yoo, and Kim Ga-Hee. The drama series is set at hair salon Fly High, Butterfly. Kim Hyang-Gi will play assistant intern Gi-Bbeum and Daniel Choi will play hair stylist Gwang-Soo.

“Fly High, Butterfly” will first air sometime during the first half of 2021 in South Korea.

https://asianwiki.com/Fly_High,_Butterfly

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Kim Hyang gi & Choi Daniel & Oh Yoon Ah will appear in the new drama "Flying Butterfly"

September 24, 2020 16:21

Ef3JKsSXYAEOUkc?format=jpg%26name=medium

Kim Hyang-gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon-ah, Sim Eun Woo, Park Jung-woo, Mun Tae-yu, and Kim Ga-hee were cast in JTBC's new drama "Flying Butterfly".

"Flying up butterflies" tells the story of designers and interns who transforms customers into gorgeous "butterflies" at the beauty salon "Flying up butterflies". It is attracting attention as the next work of the scriptwriter Park Young-sung, who worked on "Youth", which many people choose as the best work of their lives. In 2021, Park writer will tell the story of people who love "self" and those who will continue to love "self" through a hairdresser who works on hairstyles that determine 90% of people's image. Then Kim Hyang-gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon-ah, Sim Eun Woo, Park Jung-woo, Mun Tae-yu, and Kim Ga-hee will go to work as beauticians at the workplace "Flying Butterfly".

First of all, there are four internships who dream of becoming a hair designer. Kim Hyang-gi, who proved her acting ability by going back and forth between the screen and the drama, plays the role of Gi Beum, the oldest intern. The youngest intern, Mu yol, will be played by Park Jung-woo, who grabbed the maiden by showing off the charm of a younger man in the web drama "Love Playlist." Mun Tae-yu, who recently made a name for himself through "a wise doctor's life," transforms into a quiet intern, Mr. Woo. Finally, the promising newcomer Kim Ga-hee, who appeared in the self-produced movie "Park Hwa-young" and attracted attention, will play the role of a gentle and positive intern.

And three people were selected as professional hair designers who are in charge of the beauty salon "Flying up butterflies" and pulling the internships. Choi Daniel, who has performed well in all genres such as comics, romance, and thrillers, will appear in the drama for the first time in three years, playing the role of designer Kwang Soo, who values professional findings. Oh Yoon-ah, who has a strong presence in her own color no matter what role she plays in, plays Michelle, the director of "Flying up butterflies". Jen, a designer from the Institute of Technology, is played by Sim Eun Woo, who proved infinite possibilities through the drama "The World of the Married Couple."

The production team said, "For the first time in a Korean drama, we chose a beauty salon as a workplace, and in the drama" Soaring Butterfly, "which depicts the story of a professional hairdresser, Kim Hyang-gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon-ah, and Sim Eun Woo , Park Jung-woo, Mun Tae-yu, and Kim Ga-hee have been confirmed to appear. It is scheduled to be broadcast in 2021. I will show you the story of the "people" who have been soaked in. "

Worked on "soaring with butterfly" is Park Yeon Sun on writing, "Hello, Dracula" producer Kim Da Ye & the director of "the wind blows" Kim Bo Kyung will co-direct. It will be broadcast on JTBC in the first half of 2021 in South Korea.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Kim Hyang Gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, And More Cast In New Drama

Sep 25, 2020

by C. Hong

676f900ddbbc49c784454bfd5789b082.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Fly Butterfly” (working title) has announced its principal cast!

“Fly Butterfly” is about the world of aspiring hair designers who work at a hair salon that promises to transform customers into beautiful “butterflies.” It is the next project from writer Park Yeon Sun, whose last work was JTBC’s “Age of Youth.” The drama will center around people who learn to love themselves in a world where hairstyle is said to make up 90 percent of someone’s physical image.

The cast includes Kim Hyang Gi, Choi Daniel, Oh Yoon Ah, Shim Eun Woo, Park Jung Woo, Moon Tae Yoo, and Kim Ka Hee.

Kim Hyang Gi has been cast as Gi Bbeum (literally “joy” in Korean), an intern at the hair salon. Park Jung Woo has been cast as Moo Yeol, the youngest of the four interns. Moon Tae Yoo will play the quiet and taciturn intern known as Teacher Woo, and Kim Ka Hee will play a friendly and optimistic intern named Soo Ri.

Choi Daniel has been cast as a hair designer named Kwang Soo. Oh Yoon Ah will play Michelle, the director of the hair salon. Shim Eun Woo has been cast as another hair designer named Jen.

A source from the drama stated, “This is the first time that a Korean drama has tackled the world of hair salons and their employees as a place of work. With this cast in hand, we intend to greet viewers sometime in 2021. It will be a humane story in the style of writer Park Yeon Sun, who is known for creating intensely relatable and unique emotions.”

“Fly Butterfly” will be jointly directed by Kim Da Ye (“Hello Dracula”) and Kim Bo Kyung (“The Wind Blows,” “Mystic Pop-Up Bar”).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427583wpp/kim-hyang-gi-choi-daniel-oh-yoon-ah-shim-eun-woo-and-more-cast-in-new-drama

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Daniel Choi, Kim Hyang-gi, Oh Yoon-ah, Shim Eun-woo cast in new JTBC drama

by tineybeanie

tgekhyg.jpg
Daniel Choi, Oh Yoon-ah, Shim Eun-woo

The casting continues for upcoming JTBC drama Fly High Butterfly. The drama is about a salon by the same name, which transforms its clients into metaphorical “butterflies.” It’s about helping people to find themselves and treat themselves preciously.

The hair salon’s four interns will be played by: Kim Hyang-gi (Moment at Eighteen), Park Jung-woo (Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation), Moon Tae-yoo (Hospital Playlist), and Kim Ga-hee (Moment at Eighteen). Kim Hyang-gi’s character is the chief intern, and on the other end, Park Jung-woo plays the maknae. Moon Tae-yoo plays the quiet intern, whereas Kim Ga-hee plays the bright and cheerful one.

Leading this crew of interns, Daniel Choi (Ghost Detective) plays a professional hair designer who places high importance on critics’ reviews. Oh Yoon-ah (Once Again) plays the salon’s director, and finally, Shim Eun-woo (A Couple’s World) plays an unconventional designer who graduated from an engineering university.

JTBC drama Fly High Butterfly, co-directed by Kim Da-ye (Hello Dracula) and Kim Bo-kyung (Mystic Pop-up Bar) and written by Park Yeon-sun (Age of Youth), will begin airing in early 2021.

tggg1.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/daniel-choi-kim-hyang-gi-oh-yoon-ah-shim-eun-woo-cast-in-new-jtbc-drama/

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Kim Hyang Gi & Choi Daniel To Lead New jTBC Drama About Hair Designers

By abbyinhallyuland | September 25, 2020

fly-high-butterfly-lead-cast-kdramadiary

ENTERING THE WORLD OF HAIR DRESSERS IS THE NEXT CONCEPT TO BE FEATURED BY JTBC IN ITS NEWLY-ANNOUNCED DRAMA!

Titled, 날아올라라 나비 Fly High, Butterfly(LT), the new drama stars Kim Hyang Gi, Choi Daniel, and Oh Yoon Ah. Rounding up the confirmed cast are Shim Eun Woo, Park Jung Woo, Moon Tae Yu and Kim Ga Hee.

Produced by G&G Production and JTBC Studio, Fly High, Butterfly tells the story of hair designers and interns. They brightly transform the customers into “butterflies” in a beauty salon.

In charge of the production is director Park Yeon Sun who is lauded for her work in the two seasons of Hello, My Twenties and iconic melodrama Alone in Love. Penning the script is writer Kim Da Ye.

FLY HIGH, BUTTERFLY INTERNS

Spoiler

fly-high-butterfly-a.jpg

Notching one of the four key intern roles of Fly High, Butterfly is young actress Kim Hyang Gi, who has been recognized for her unrivaled character immersion in both small and big screens. She takes the character named Joy, the best intern. Portraying youngest intern Moo-yeol is Park Jung Woo. The actor has swept women’s hearts in his recent stint in web drama, Love Playlist.

Moon Tae Yu, who recently appeared in well-loved series Hospital Playlist, takes the role of quiet senior intern, Oh Son-saeng. Lastly, Kim Ga Hee takes the role of friendly and optimistic intern, Suri.

FLY, HIGH BUTTERFLY PROFESSIONAL HAIR DESIGNERS

Spoiler

fly-high-butterfly.jpg

Next, the three professional hair designers, who take charge of the beauty salon “fly high butterfly” and lead the flight of interns are as follows.

Daniel Choi, who crosses genres such as comedy, melodrama, and thriller, returns to television drama after three years in the role of Kwang-soo. He is a designer who values professional opinions.

The role of’ Jen, a designer who came out of engineering college, will be played by Shim Eun Woo, who proved infinite possibilities through the drama, The World of the Married.

Lastly, Oh Yoon Ah plays the role of Michelle as the director of the hair salon. 

Fly High, Butterfly is expected to air on JTBC in the first half of 2021.

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/kim-hyang-gi-choi-daniel-to-lead-new-jtbc-drama-about-hair-designers/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Oh Yoon Ah  appeares in JTBC "Fly up, Butterfly"

2020.09.25 13:57

Sports Chosun by Lee Woo Joo

GYLNFQERRDJ2RF3SSMV6QOB7XM.jpg

Actress Oh Yoon-ah, who gave a heartwarming performance that resonated with reality in "Once Again", confirmed the next work, ' Fly High, Butterfly,' and continues the popular performance.

JTBC's new drama 'Fly Up Butterfly', which Oh Yoon Ah decided to appear in, is a work that deals with the story of a hair designers and interns who brightly transforms customers into 'butterfly' in the beauty salon 'Fly up, Butterfly'. Through a hairdresser who deals with people's hairstyles, the story of people who love 'self' and people who try to love 'self' from now on will be drawn.

In the play, Oh Yoon Ah plays Michelle, the director of the beauty salon 'Fly Up, Butterfly'. Oh Yoon Ah, who turns into Michelle, a professional hair designer who will take charge of the emergence of interns working at 'Fly Up, Butterfly', is expected to capture the home theater once again by revealing a different charm from the appearance she has shown so far.

JTBC drama Fly High Butterfly is directed by Kim Da-ye (Hello Dracula) and Kim Bo-kyung (Mystic Pop-up Bar) and written by Park Yeon-sun (Age of Youth), will begin airing in early 2021. Oh Yoon-ah, Kim Hyang-gi, Choi Daniel, and Shim Eun-woo, etc. are attracting attention by forming a lineup.

Oh Yoon Ah, who steals the hearts of viewers by digesting with her own color no matter what role is given, announced her transformation to Michelle, the director of 'Fly up, Butterfly', is already excited about what kind of charm she will return to the home theater this time.

View the original article here

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Finally, my love Daniel is back in K-dramaland! ❤ I think this series will be a refreshing change for himself & his fans after a heavy drama like The Ghost Detective in 2018! Can't wait to see his transformation as a professional hair dresser. :lol: Oh gosh, his long fingers are giving me butterflies already!

By the way, is there any romance available?! I am so excited to see who's gonna fall in love with Daniel since there are so many actresses in the lineup ❤ I would love it if he end ups with Shim Eun Woo as their age difference is comfortable with each other! Of course they both will be working together as professionals at the salon. 

And there is a huge buzz on the internet over the 15 years age difference between Daniel & Kim Hyang Gi. I hope they won't involve in romantically as he will be her superior at work. Can't wait to know more details! :)

What are your opinions about the plot, @larus @parkeunbinchoidaniel @danisnk222 @reiko @Danychoi2712 @Pyar @@sinhvichuchu @Duyenxd @haebaragi @Cassi @jongski @kaedechan & other friends/ chingus?? 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Fly High, Butterfly 날아올라라 나비 - Mon & Tue - Choi Daniel, Kim Hyang Gi & Oh Yoon Ah
8 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

What are your opinions about the plot,

I don`t know what to expect yet. It looks like an office drama (but not working in an office). I mean a lot of the characters work at the beauty saloon. It reminds me of Romance is a Bonus Bookwhich I liked) who was about people who work in a publishing house. I don`t know about the romance in 'Fly Up Butterfly' but we`ll see if we`ll have a romantic pair.  I like the message of the drama as they are "helping people to find themselves and treat themselves preciously."  I feel it is a warm and funny drama but they are touching with problems of different peoples. Pehaps that`s how I want it to be.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

54 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t know about the romance in 'Fly Up Butterfly' but we`ll see if we`ll have a romantic pair.  I like the message of the drama as they are "helping people to find themselves and treat themselves preciously."  I feel it is a warm and funny drama but they are touching with problems of different peoples. Pehaps that`s how I want it to be.

Yes dear! I also agree with you! The genre for this series is Life, not Romance so I hope it will be like a day-today life drama to me. And what I am curious is, how to turn a hair salon in to a drama series? :rolleyes: This is said to be the 1st ever Korean drama based on a hair salon! So I am pretty much ready with anything the writer wants. I hope there will be a good message behind the plot!

30 minutes ago, parkeunbinchoidaniel said:

Also I don't want to see romantic between him and Kim hyang gi BC hyang gi is really young and their age gap is huge. I want Kim hyang gi and Choi Daniel to be comfortable. I can't wait to see their chemistry as uncle and neice onscreen and offscreen. :joy:

Ha ha dear.. Uncle or Oppa, he will be too hot to handle for Kim Hyang Gi! :joy: I mean the height difference, you know! :D And I have this feeling that Kim Hyang Gi will do her best as the oldest intern at the salon. 

tenor.gif 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, parkeunbinchoidaniel said:

BC jtbc gave us lots of behind of the scenes.

Oh MY God, really dear??! Now I am even more excited! Can't wait to see sexy Daniel on the set of Fly High, Butterfly!! :D YAYYY, finally something sweet worth waiting for!

:dorashakes:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Choi Daniel & Shim Eun Woo!

Wow!!! I am not joking here! These two look so beautiful together! :lol: I will totally ship them if they fall in love in Fly High, Butterfly! They have to work together if they are the only professionals at the salon so I am keeping a hope for them! Plus the writer has a good influence in public & can't wait to see they attend the 1st script reading soon!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

4 minutes ago, parkeunbinchoidaniel said:

I can't wait to see both of them moment and who fall in love first.wonder will they also have kids scene aswell.:sweat_smile:

Ha ha.. So sweet dear! Yeah, I am all ready for them if they have a loveline in Fly High, Butterfly! And yes, I got some unofficial news earlier that the drama team is in search for a child actor! Not sure for what role but something is there to be waiting for til we get more info about the child actor! Gosh, I am getting more & more excited! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1