[Upcoming Drama 2022] Fly High, Butterfly / Flying Butterflies / Salon de NABI, 날아올라라 나비 - Choi Daniel, Kim Hyang Gi & Oh Yoon Ah - Premieres in 2022

gm4queen

JTBC DRAMA 2022

FLY HIGH, BUTTERFLY

30c32ed0cfd2c686174289a913c602b064fb5798

English title: Fly High, Butterfly / Flying Butterflies / Salon de NABI

Korean title: 날아올라라 나비

Genre: Life, Drama

Network: JTBC

Production Company: jtbc studios / GnG productions

Episodes: 16

Director/s: Kim Da Ye (Hello Dracula)/ Kim Bo Kyung (The Wind Blows)

Writer/s: Park Yeon Sun (Age of Youth)

Release Date: February 2022

Runtime: Mon & Tue @ 2300KST

(Premiered in Taiwan / Available on Amazon Prime Video)

NOTES

The 1st ever korean drama to be based on a hair salon.

The 1st JTBC appearance of Choi Daniel & Park Jung Woo.

Kim Hyang Gi and Kim Ga Hee will reunite in a JTBC drama after two years following Moments at 18.

OST

PLOT

An ordinary people’s story in an ordinary hair salon. It is a story about someone who love ‘me’ and someone who try to love their-selves.

CAST

Kim Hyang Gi as Joy/ Gi-Bbeum

Gi-Bbeum is in her early 20's and works at the salon named Fly High, Butterfly as an assistant intern. She works with three other assistant interns: Moo-Yeol, Teacher Woo and Soo-Ri. Gi-Bbeum works hard, but she has a hard time dealing with customers.

Choi Daniel as Kwang Soo

Kwang Soo is a professional hair stylist at Fly High Butterfly. He is enthusiastic at his job and he works with hair salon director Michel and professional hair stylist Jen.

Oh Yoon Ah as Michelle / Mi Sel

The director of the three-month-old beauty salon Fly, Butterfly and a hair designer with 17 years of experience.

Lee Seo Hwan as Kang Tae-won

Shim Eun Woo as Jen

A professional hair stylist from engineering college.

Park Jung-Woo as Moo-Yeol

The youngest of the four interns.

Moon Tae-Yoo as Teacher Woo

A quiet and taciturn intern.

Kim Ga-Hee as Soo-Ri

A friendly and optimistic intern.

Yoo In Soo as TBA

Shim Hye-jin as TBA

POSTERS

TEASERS/ TRAILERS

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4
  • Love 6

e5b2e2bd72c142b79c6b6b951166abcd.jpeg?s=

Kim Hyang Gi In Talks To Star In Upcoming JTBC Drama

TV/FILM

May 26, 2020

by J. Lim

We may be seeing Kim Hyang Gi in a new drama soon!

On May 26, it was reported that Kim Hyang Gi would be appearing in the new JTBC drama “Fly, Butterfly” (literal title). A source from JTBC stated, “We are currently planning to air a new drama called ‘Fly, Butterfly’ in the second half of 2020. It is true that we have sent an offer to Kim Hyang Gi to appear in the drama.”

A source from Kim Hyang Gi’s agency Namoo Actors also stated, “Kim Hyang Gi has received an offer for the drama and is currently looking over the role.”

“Fly, Butterfly” is set to be a drama that follows the lives of people working at a hair salon as they learn to love themselves for who they are. “Age of Youth” screenwriter Park Yeon Sun is set to write for the drama, which will be co-directed by “Hello Dracula” producing director (PD) Kim Da Ye and “The Wind Blows” co-PD Kim Bo Kyung. If Kim Hyang Gi accepts the role, this will be her first drama since last year’s hit JTBC drama “Moments of 18.”

Stay tuned for more updates and while you wait, check out Kim Hyang Gi in “Moments of 18” below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1402714wpp/kim-hyang-gi-in-talks-to-star-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-celebrity-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=13549pr

I hope her fans will love if she confirms the role..

Waiting for more info!

• Like 4
  • Love 5

According to an official on the 19th, Shim Eun-woo is scheduled to appear in JTBC's new Monday-Tuesday drama'Fly Up, Butterfly' scheduled for the first half of next year.

news_1597821892_913464_m_1.jpeg

Earlier, it was revealed that Kim Hyang-gi and Choi Daniel were positively reviewing the appearance of'fly up, butterfly'.

https://www.dailian.co.kr/news/view/913464/?sc=Naver

There are articles saying that she is concidering. Well, I think more actors are confirmed but we`ll hear about an official confirmation later.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

bf0231ba02f54485ad76deabd4febc51.jpeg?s=

Oh Yoon Ah And Choi Daniel Receive Offers To Join JTBC Drama Kim Hyang Gi Is In Talks For

TV/FILM

Aug 5, 2020

by L. Kim

Oh Yoon Ah, Choi Daniel and Kim Hyang Gi may be working together in a new drama!

Previously, it was announced that Kim Hyang Gi received an offer to star in JTBC’s “Fly, Butterfly” (literal title). The drama follows the lives of people working at a hair salon as they learn to love themselves for who they are. “Age of Youth” screenwriter Park Yeon Sun is set to write for the drama, which will be co-directed by “Hello Dracula” producing director (PD) Kim Da Ye and “The Wind Blows” co-PD Kim Bo Kyung.

On August 5, an industry representative reported that Oh Yoon Ah and Choi Daniel have been cast in the drama as well.

In response to the report, Oh Yoon Ah’s agency Polaris Entertainment commented, “Oh Yoon Ah has been offered a role in the new drama ‘Fly Butterfly’ and is currently reviewing it.”

Choi Daniel’s agency J,WIDE-Company also responded, “He received the offer and is reviewing it.”

If Oh Yoon Ah chooses to accept the offer, she will take the role of Mi Sel, the director of the three-month-old beauty salon Fly, Butterfly and a hair designer with 17 years of experience. On the other hand, details about Choi Daniel’s potential character have not been given yet.

“Fly, Butterfly” will air in the first half of next year.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417227wpp/oh-yoon-ah-and-choi-daniel-receive-offers-to-join-jtbc-drama-kim-hyang-gi-is-in-talks-for?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-celebrity-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=16262pr

Twitter is more active than I thought on this drama.. 

Hope Daniel & other actresses will confirm the roles soon!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

10 minutes ago, larus said:

@gm4queen , have you any idea what character is playing Choi Daniel? He is working at the beauty salon too (as a hair stylist, owner?)

Hello dear! First of all, I sincerely thank you for guiding me to open this thread! :wub:

And yeah, i don't know why but Daniel's role is still a mystery & they haven't released any info about his character yet! Actress Oh Yoon Ah will play as the salon owner! And Kim Hyang Gi is believed to be an intern in the newly opened salon named Fly High, Butterfly

Can't wait to know more info! :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Oh Yoon Ah And Choi Daniel Receive Offers To Join JTBC Drama Kim Hyang Gi Is In Talks For

TV/FILM

Aug 5, 2020

by L. Kim

Oh Yoon Ah, Choi Daniel and Kim Hyang Gi may be working together in a new drama!

Previously, it was announced that Kim Hyang Gi received an offer to star in JTBC’s “Fly, Butterfly” (literal title). The drama follows the lives of people working at a hair salon as they learn to love themselves for who they are. “Age of Youth” screenwriter Park Yeon Sun is set to write for the drama, which will be co-directed by “Hello Dracula” producing director (PD) Kim Da Ye and “The Wind Blows” co-PD Kim Bo Kyung.

On August 5, an industry representative reported that Oh Yoon Ah and Choi Daniel have been cast in the drama as well.

In response to the report, Oh Yoon Ah’s agency Polaris Entertainment commented, “Oh Yoon Ah has been offered a role in the new drama ‘Fly Butterfly’ and is currently reviewing it.”

Choi Daniel’s agency J,WIDE-Company also responded, “He received the offer and is reviewing it.”

If Oh Yoon Ah chooses to accept the offer, she will take the role of Mi Sel, the director of the three-month-old beauty salon Fly, Butterfly and a hair designer with 17 years of experience. On the other hand, details about Choi Daniel’s potential character have not been given yet.

“Fly, Butterfly” will air in the first half of next year.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417227wpp/oh-yoon-ah-and-choi-daniel-receive-offers-to-join-jtbc-drama-kim-hyang-gi-is-in-talks-for?utm_source=viki&utm_medium=newsmodule-celebrity-web&utm_campaign=soompi_news_module&utm_content=16262pr

Twitter is more active than I thought on this drama.. 

Hope Daniel & other actresses will confirm the roles soon!

<33333

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Another casting news is done!

Actor Lee Seo Hwan casted for Fly High, Butterfly. No further Details are available yet!!

Yayyyyy ~~~~~^^^^

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Oh god, 1 guy & 3 ladies??! :o What's going on??! i am loosing my heart! :D 

i think the newest casting Shim Eun Woo fits more for Daniel's age but not good that she is only a support role there.. I am looking forward for more details about her character! 

10 hours ago, parkeunbinchoidaniel said:

Thank you for making this thread for Choi Daniel new drama. I can't wait to see it also I can't believe it he will be working with Kim hyang gi. Cant wait to see them act. Also I heard that Kim hyang gi character name is joy. No news about Choi Daniel character name or his role. I hope this drama will be successful. Also get lots of awards. Cant wait to see why many girls who will be end up with. 

The pleasure is all mine dear! We should do the best for our love, Daniel! :D And by the way, where did you hear that Kim Hyang Gi's character name is Joy from? :lol: I mean Oh Yoon Ah is Michelle & both Michelle & Joy names sound so english! Then please let it be Daniel himself for Daniel! :D:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• gm4queen changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Fly High, Butterfly 날아올라라 나비 - Mon & Tue starring Choi Daniel, Kim Hyang Gi & Oh Yoon Ah

Shim-Eun-woo-in-talks-to-appear-in-upcom

Shim Eun-woo in talks to appear in upcoming JTBC drama ‘Fly High Butterfly’

Luna   August 22, 2020

Actress Shim Eun-woo might appear in another JTBC drama!

On August 19, Shim’s agency announced that the actress has received an offer to appear in a JTBC series. “Shim Eun-woo is considering to appear in JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama Fly High Butterfly. When the appearance is confirmed, we plan to start shooting in October,” the agency shared.

The inspirational drama series will tell the story of people working at a hair salon who strive to love themselves for who they are and embrace all their flaws. The series aims to target young audience to encourage them to learn how to accept themselves, with its theme centering on discovering one’s passion and self-love.

The production has recently announced its target actors to play the characters, starting with Choi Daniel (The Ghost Detective, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay), Kim Hyang-gi (At Eighteen), Lee Seo-hwan (Memorials), and Oh Yoon-ah (Once Again). If they accept their respective offers, they will lead the cast of the series.

Shim Eun-woo has received a lot of love with her last character Min Hyun-seo in the record-breaking The World of the Married, an infidelity-themed series from JTBC that ended its broadcast just last May. Curiosity is raised on whether Shim is considering a role opposite of her last.

PD Kim Da-ye of Hello Dracula (2020) will be working together with Kim Bo-kyung of The Wind Blows (2019) in helming the production of Fly High Butterfly (literal title). Meanwhile, screenwriter Park Yeon-seon of Hello, My Twenties! (2 seasons/2016, 2017) will be penning the script.

https://www.kdramapal.com/shim-eun-woo-in-talks-to-appear-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama-fly-high-butterfly/

I am looking forward to see if she accepts the offer! 

Can't wait for this drama!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Lee Seo-hwan & JTBCs 'Fly Up, Butterfly'!

Reporter Park Yoo-na

Approval 2020.08.13 15:38

GmYxOj6X8MWV6e8TZuheRVRWZUcegnf74Z64lyUx

Actor Lee Seo-hwan is targeting both the silver screen and the small screen by appearing in the movie But Save It From Evil and JTBC's new drama Fly Away Butterfly.

In addition, in JTBC's new drama Fly Up, Butterfly, which will realistically portray a beauty salon and a hairdresser as a workplace and professional, he takes on the role of Kang Tae-won, the son of a band vocal at 'Nana Dong Tae-tang House' near 'Butterfly Beauty Salon', which is the main background in the play. It is going to show a transformation.

Lee Seo-hwan, who debuted with the musical The Hunchback of Notre Dame in 2004, is loved for showing his perfect acting skills in many movies and dramas as well as performances. The movie But Save It From Evil was released on August 5, and JTBC's new drama Fly Up, Butterfly is prevalent in the first half of next year.

The original Korean article is listed below.

http://www.mncn.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=23613

• Like 2

I like the cast. A drama to look forward in 2021.

I like Kim Hyang Gi. She's a good young actress.  I watch her drama Moment's of 18. but I mostly see her in movies. Innocent Witness, Snowy Road, Along w/ the Gods.- she won awards for those movies.

cr:on pic/twt MgdlnMay

EfYaRQHUEAATk-S?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, according to Drama Schedule Spreadsheet by Samhwa Network, Fly High, Butterfly is scheduled to air in April 2021! Click on the following spoiler & the pic to have a clear view. Marked in red is Fly High, Butterfly series. :)

Spoiler

119218117_2619643665013830_4544889414658

And usually, when a K-drama airs, they release the posters/ teasers/ trailers etc 2-3 months prior to the premiere date. In this case the premiere date for Fly High, Butterfly is April 26, 2021 at 9:30pm KST. Shootings start next month!

Stay tuned for more info, everyone!!! :lol: Tagging @larus chingu as well!

Credit : Samhwa Network & twitter

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

YAYY!!!! Daniel is back!!!! I am desperate to see him again on small screen again! I mean 2-3 yrs later after The Ghost Detective in 2018??? :o This is gonna be a fantastic ride with everyone here! And looking forward to meet the fans of Kim Hyang Gi soon!!! The more the merrier!! :wub: And at this rate, they will probably start shooting next month, I believe! 

Also, there is some info that the production team is in search for child actors to cast in the drama! :thumbsup:

Can't wait for more!!! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Well, now that we've got a lot of info on the drama, I am getting so excited day by day. It is already mid September! And looks like they will shoot the drama for at least 4 months. Either they are taking safety measures due to covid 19 pandemic or the series is itself a post produced drama! But in either way, I am so happy that finally this drama is having some spotlight in public. And hope to hear Daniel & the other cast confirm their appearance in the series soon.

Can't wait for more updates! Stay tuned everyone! :heart:

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, parkeunbinchoidaniel said:

September is just happening now they may be filming now so happy can't wait to see it. I also can't wait to watch the behind the scenes for posters and scenes. @gm4queen thank you:wub: also they havenot confirmed wonder why may be BC of COVID-19. But I hope they do accept it.

Yes of course darling!!! I am extremely happy to hear the news. I mean I saw in Daniel's dc gallery web site someone posted that now we only have to wait a bit because he is about to come soon!!! :lol: So I am having so many hopes for this month now! This is totally wonderful & unexpected! 

And it's normal that it takes a bit longer time for drama actors to be confirmed for South Korean dramas. Let's hope for the best dear! The drama name is already popular in twitter so fingers crossed, friend! :wub: We are almost there! Can't really wait!!!

• Like 3