[Upcoming Drama 2022] Fly High, Butterfly / Flying Butterflies / Salon de NABI, 날아올라라 나비 - Choi Daniel, Kim Hyang Gi & Oh Yoon Ah - Premieres in 2022

gm4queen

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Well, most of KIm Hyang Gi's fans believe that she would be paired with supporting actor Park Jung Woo since their age gap is comfortable. I don't think that the writer will pair her up with Daniel. It's not realistic. Their age gap and height gap is too obvious to be an on-screen couple. :partyblob:

One thing for sure, their height difference will bother them to do liplock scene :D.

I'm afraid this's going to be another "My Mister", which is about Daniel Choi who helps Kim Hyangi as intern and then slowly but surely she has found someone who truly cares for her (they have strong feelings for each other but can't cross the line thing going on). 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

48 minutes ago, gwenolivia said:

One thing for sure, their height difference will bother them to do liplock scene :D.

I'm afraid this's going to be another "My Mister", which is about Daniel Choi who helps Kim Hyangi as intern and then slowly but surely she has found someone who truly cares for her (they have strong feelings for each other but can't cross the line thing going on). 

Ha ha... Good point! :D As of the updates so far, I am still on the point that Kim Hyang Gi and Daniel Choi will not involve in romance. But if you look at the comment I posted earlier, Oh Yoon Ah must be playing as a mother to a young daughter.. I am not sure if she is a single mother or not. What do you prefer as a fan of Oh Yoon Ah?!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Ha ha... Good point! :D As of the updates so far, I am still on the point that Kim Hyang Gi and Daniel Choi will not involve in romance. But if you look at the comment I posted earlier, Oh Yoon Ah must be playing as a mother to a young daughter.. I am not sure if she is a single mother or not. What do you prefer as a fan of Oh Yoon Ah?!

This is tough for me, tbh because I wish all the best esp. for her career. We know she often played as villain (and sadly not many ppl recognize her as an actress), so this drama is the best one that she has ever received so far. Yes, I want her to be in a romantic relationship with Daniel Choi, even I want her to do passionate kiss with him (that's very important in K-Drama, right?)

But, I also know for sure that it's hard to get the best role or part if you're married woman/single mom. Moreover, she lives in SK, which is known for perfection in everything. Likely, this drama will only bring you peace at the end of the day (by this I mean they all will find the answer they're searching for). There'll be no serious relationship going on between the casts, but maybe "comfortness" as we found in "My Mister".

I might sound pessimistic, but if you a true K-Drama fan, then you know what I meant.

Edited by gwenolivia
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, Pyar said:

I also ship Daniel oppa with actress Shim Eun Woo. Btw, who do you ship actress Oh Yoon Ah with? B) Hope we have updates about the drama soon.

I ship her with Daniel Choi, obviously:D. As a fan, I want her to evolve from someone who often play as villain character into someone who can touch people's lives with heartwarming performance. But, again, we have to wait for the teaser to be aired to see what's exactly this about... :popcornjackson:

Edited by gwenolivia
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/5/2021 at 2:16 AM, gm4queen said:

Hello there! Welcome to the thread! :)

Korean wikipedia confirms that this series is airing in August. But jtbc itself has not released a statement regarding the airing date yet. I am a huge fan of Choi Daniel myself. But I know that Kim Hyang Gi is also a talented lady. Both the leads casted for the drama a year ago. So hopefully this series airs in August. It's been a too long time since everyone is waiting for the first ever korean drama based on a hair salon.

And jtbc hinted before that this has romance involved. But we have to wait to see who's gonna fall for who!

I don’t mind romance if it’s well written, light, & not the main focus. I love slice of life dramas & the setting sounds like it will be very energetic & fun. 

I know a lot of people are apprehensive about the age difference between Kim Hyang Gi & Daniel Choi but KHG is an adult.  I doubt there be any romance between the two but if there is, I’m sure it won’t be heavily written & most likely implied. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, _thematchabun said:

I don’t mind romance if it’s well written, light, & not the main focus. I love slice of life dramas & the setting sounds like it will be very energetic & fun. 

I know a lot of people are apprehensive about the age difference between Kim Hyang Gi & Daniel Choi but KHG is an adult.  I doubt there be any romance between the two but if there is, I’m sure it won’t be heavily written & most likely implied. 

I agree, this one supposed to be an uplifting drama :hooray2:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The cast is still filming!

It's a short and simple scene.

The main character is Oh Yoon-ah (Michelle) with her daughter Eun-seo.

FBGWE9-VQAEhDPK?format=jpg&name=medium

FBGWE99VEAkR5mX?format=jpg&name=medium

What do you @gwenolivia think about Oh Yoon Ah's character in the drama??!

I am getting excited day by day!

Check out the instagram link for the videos!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQDlrE8lLDM/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

The baby is cute. When the filming finish? Can not wait see Daniel oppa in drama. ❤

• Love 1

18 hours ago, gm4queen said:

What do you @gwenolivia think about Oh Yoon Ah's character in the drama??!

I am getting excited day by day!

Check out the instagram link for the videos!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQDlrE8lLDM/

Hahaha...okay, It's too soon to judge anything based on this short clip, but that doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, right? They said action speaks volume, and all I can say her character is not far away from evil one. Poor Oh Yoon Ah, I guess she's stuck with that role for life :dead:

Do you have the same opinion @gm4queen?

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, gwenolivia said:

Hahaha...okay, It's too soon to judge anything based on this short clip, but that doesn't mean we can't have an opinion, right? They said action speaks volume, and all I can say her character is not far away from evil one. Poor Oh Yoon Ah, I guess she's stuck with that role for life

Do you have the same opinion @gm4queen?

Oh my god?? :scream: What made you to think that Oh Yoon Ah is playing as a villain? She is the director of the hair salon and the hair salon is said to be only 3 months old.

As of the pics I uploaded myself, I have another point of view about her character Michel! May be she had some conflicts with her husband in the past and she is currently a single mother managing the hair salon all by herself. These on set photos might be indicating her past?? What do you think about my point of view?! :) It's not yet confirmed that this series has villains involved in.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:00 AM, gm4queen said:

Oh my god?? :scream: What made you to think that Oh Yoon Ah is playing as a villain? She is the director of the hair salon and the hair salon is said to be only 3 months old.

As of the pics I uploaded myself, I have another point of view about her character Michel! May be she had some conflicts with her husband in the past and she is currently a single mother managing the hair salon all by herself. These on set photos might be indicating her past?? What do you think about my point of view?! :) It's not yet confirmed that this series has villains involved in.

She neglected her baby when she cried out for attention. I don't think she's a good mother because if you have problem with your husband (ex) or anyone, doesn't mean you compensate you anger to your child.

Like you said, I believe that everyone who's working in that salon has their own problems, but trying to cover it up with daily tasks. For example, Kim Hyangi's character, which is more like a timid person, will change into someone who are brave and independent.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:30 PM, Pyar said:

The baby is cute. When the filming finish? Can not wait see Daniel oppa in drama. ❤

They have been shooting for a long time now, but the result come bad (poor rating), can you imagine how sad it is? @Pyar@gm4queen  

Edited by gwenolivia
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, gwenolivia said:

She neglected her baby when she cried out for attention. I don't think she's a good mother because if you have problem with your husband (ex) or anyone, doesn't mean you compensate you anger to your child.

Yes, it's good point you made! :( Let's wait for the character descriptions. Since this is a life drama, I wonder whether villains are really involved here.

11 minutes ago, gwenolivia said:

They have been shooting for a long time now, but the result come bad (poor rating), can you imagine how sad it is? @Pyar@gm4queen  

They have been filming for the drama for 9 months as of I know. Yes, the ratings play an important role in korean dramas. But jtbc is a cable tv network and it has smaller audience compared to main tv networks. So I am not keeping high hopes for ratings. All I want is they finish filming safely and start promoting the drama any soon! :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yes, it's good point you made! :( Let's wait for the character descriptions. Since this is a life drama, I wonder whether villains are really involved here.

They have been filming for the drama for 9 months as of I know. Yes, the ratings play an important role in korean dramas. But jtbc is a cable tv network and it has smaller audience compared to main tv networks. So I am not keeping high hopes for ratings. All I want is they finish filming safely and start promoting the drama any soon! :)

So happy for you. 

Finally, your dream comes true after all the waiting.

:highonflowers:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gwenolivia said:

Hope this drama make record in jtbc ratings history. They all work so hard to give us a best drama. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Pyar said:

Hope this drama make record in jtbc ratings history. They all work so hard to give us a best drama. :heart:

Yass please....they deserve to have the best in everything, from making history in JTBC 'till bagging many awards including Baeksang (all casts, directors, etc) :innocent: Fingers crossed! Nothing's impossible.

• Love 2

28 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

On the set of Fly High, Butterfly!

These are the locations of the drama!

So many locations. Hope for a beautiful drama by Daniel Oppa and others. ❤

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1