Production Company: JTBC Studios / Drama House

Writer: Yoo Hyun Mi (Sky Castle)

Director: Jo Hyun Tak (Sky Castle)

Airdate: 2021 December 18 - 2022 February 06

Airtime: Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST

Cast

Jung Hae In as Im Soo Ho

202112150921040782.jpg

He is a student at a prestigious university who suddenly rushes into a female dorm one day covered in blood. He grew up in Germany, has a gentle charm but gives off an air of hiding a secret.

Ji Soo (Blackpink) as Eun Young Cho

202112150921354271.jpg

She is the cheerful and lovable student who hides him and takes care of his wounds even while facing danger under close surveillance. After falling in love withIm Soo Hoo at first sight at a social gathering, she happens to run into him again at her dorm, where she winds up tending to his wounds in hiding.

Kim Hye Yoon as Kye Boon Ok

She is a phone operator at the dorm who had to forgo a college education due to her family’s financial circumstances.

Yoo In Na as Kang Chung Ya

202112150922558141.jpg

She is a beautiful and talented surgeon at a state-run hospital who can charm anyone in a split second. Although her skills in the operating room have earned her a solid reputation as a dependable surgeon, Dr. Kang is mysterious and appears to be hiding something.  

Jang Seung Jo as Lee Kang Moo

202112150922173238.jpg

He is the relentless head of the National Intelligence Service (NIS)’s Team 1, who always insists on doing everything by the book.

Yoon Se Ah as Pi Seung Hee

202112150923202633.jpg

She is the notoriously strict and terrifying housemother of Jisoo’s dorm.

Jung Yoo Jin as Jang Han Na

She is an impulsive and hot-tempered NIS agent who is passionate about her job.

Kim Boon-yoon as Gye Hye-ok

202112150924548002.jpg

Telephone operator at Lake Women's University dormitory

Hanna Jung as Jang Han-Yu

202112150924247010.jpg

Agent 1st Bureau of Anti-Aircraft Investigation, Ministry of Security and Security

Posters

fullsizephoto1377405.jpg

fullsizephoto1390950.jpg

main-qimg-900c3cc3a07644fd8589d333983768

Teasers/ Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 7

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Snowdrop, 설강화 - Ji Soo

Kim Hye-Yoon cast in drama series “Snowdrop”

Snowdrop-Korean_Drama-SM0111.jpg

Kim Hye-Yoon is cast for lead role in drama series “Snowdrop” co-starring Blackpink’s Kim Ji-Soo. For “Snowdrop,” Kim Hye-Yoon will reunite with director Jo Hyun-Tak and screenwriter Yoo Hyun-Mi. All three previously worked together in hit 2018 JTBC drama series “SKY Castle.” Meanwhile, the lead male role has been offered to actor Jung Hae-In and he is currently considering the offer.

Details on Kim Hye-Yoon’s character description has not yet been revealed or when the drama series will air.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Snowdrop, 설강화 - BLACKPINK'S Ji Soo, Kim Hye Yoon

Jung Hae In In Talks To Join Kim Hye Yoon And BLACKPINK’s Jisoo In New Drama By “SKY Castle” Creators

91b01efbbfdb44acb7cd0bc8c3e0c27e.jpeg?s=

Aug 24, 2020
by L. Kim

We may be seeing Jung Hae In in a new drama!

On August 24, it was reported that the actor has been cast as the male lead in the drama “Snowdrop” (working title). In response, his agency FNC Entertainment stated, “This is just one of a number of projects that was offered to him, and he is currently reviewing it.”

Although few details have been released about the upcoming drama thus far, “Snowdrop” will be helmed by director Jo Hyun Tak and screenwriter Yoo Hyun Mi, who previously worked together on “SKY Castle.”

Earlier this month, BLACKPINK’s Jisoo was confirmed to play a leading role, and it was confirmed today that Kim Hye Yoon will join as another lead actress.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421155wpp/jung-hae-in-in-talks-to-join-kim-hye-yoon-and-blackpinks-jisoo-in-new-drama-by-sky-castle-creators

Jung Hae-in considers joining Kim Hye-yoon and Jisoo in new JTBC drama by the SKY Castle team

by tccolb

skhc.jpg
Jung Hae-in, Kim Hye-yoon, Jisoo

A new JTBC drama called Snowdrop is being planned by the SKY Castle team, PD Jo Hyun-taek and writer Yoo Hyun-mi, and casting is well underway.

First up is actor Kim Hye-yoon (Extraordinary You), who gave a memorable performance in SKY Castle. Kim will be reuniting with the production team for Snowdrop and it’s been confirmed that she will be playing a lead role.

Blackpink’s Jisoo has also confirmed that she’ll be joining the drama. She previously appeared as a cameo in KBS’s The Producers and also had a small part in tvN’s Arthdal Chronicles as Song Joong-ki‘s first love (Song Joong-ki’s ethereal Saya to be precise). However, this will be her first time playing a more substantial role.

An offer was also extended to Jung Hae-in (A Piece of Your Mind) to play a leading part. His agency stated that he is considering the role favorably, but no decisions have been made yet.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/jung-hae-in-considers-joining-kim-hye-yoon-and-jisoo-in-new-jtbc-drama-by-the-sky-castle-team/

I am curious about the next drama of writer of Sky Castle. I hope we`ll have more informations.

• Like 3

Jang Seung Jo Confirmed To Join Kim Hye Yoon And BLACKPINK’s Jisoo In Upcoming JTBC Drama

4424a29cb5944b7d8ff5c4655b5b9bc5.jpeg?s=

Aug 26, 2020
by J. Lim

The upcoming drama starring Kim Hye Yoon and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo has a new leading actor joining them!

On August 26, it was reported that Jang Seung Jo would be joining the new drama “Snowdrop” (working title).

In response, a source from his agency Ace Factory confirmed the news and said, “Jang Seung Jo will be joining the drama in a leading role.” They continued on to say, “Details of the drama’s storyline and Jang Seung Jo’s character will be revealed by the drama’s production company at a later date.”

The drama has mostly been kept under wraps, with it only being known that it will be led by director Jo Hyun Tak and screenwriter Yoo Hyun Mi, who previously worked together on the hit drama “SKY Castle.” Kim Hye Yoon and Jisoo have been confirmed to play leading roles, and Jung Hae In is currently in talks to join them.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421676wpp/jang-seung-jo-confirmed-to-join-kim-hye-yoon-and-blackpinks-jisoo-in-upcoming-jtbc-drama

I saw him in Money Flower and The Good Getective and I liked him in both dramas. I am curious what role he will have in Snowdrop. We don`t know about any characters here. I am very curious.

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Snowdrop, 설강화 - BLACKPINK'S Ji Soo, Kim Hye Yoon & Jang Seung Jo

Same with larus as well. I've only watch him im  Money Flower anf the recent  The Good Detective and I also like him in both dramas.

Curious about this one. I check Asian Wiki there's no story plot yet but this will be helm by director and writer or Sky Castle.. a very good drama.  Curious what the male lead character will be because JSJ is like 38 yrs old ( tho' he' 's baby face and looks young) and the two female leads... well much younger.

• Like 3

@jongski  according to this blog https://pannative.blogspot.com/2020/08/finally-official-story-line-of-snowdrop.html?m=1. This is the plot.  It sounds good but potentially tragic ?  North Korean spy (?) who falls in love with South Korean girl?

Snowdrop is going to be produced by the production team of SKY Castle, which gained a huge attention last year. The original title of this drama was 'Ewha University Dorm'. This drama raised even more anticipation after Kim Hyeyoon, who was well-known for her character as Yeseo in SKY Castle and Extraordinary Day, was confirmed to be part of this drama. 

Snowdrop was inspired from a hand-written notes of a man who escaped from North Korea Political Prison Camp back in 1987. A female student discovered him covered in blood and treated him because she thought he was an athlete. 

The man was actually one of hundred spies who survived the hell-like training. The tragic fate started when he fell in love with the woman who had saved him, at the same time he had to complete the mission his country gave him. 

Cr - https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202008248678H

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

Yoo In Na Offered Role In Drama With BLACKPINK’s Jisoo, Kim Hye Yoon, And Jang Seung Jo

e48f3244e80e4761a8354f10c626b645.jpeg?s=

Sep 17, 2020
by D. Kim

Yoo In Na has received a casting offer for a new drama!

On September 17, dongA.com reported that Yoo In Na will join the cast of the upcoming drama “Snowdrop” (working title).

In response to the report, her agency YG Entertainment clarified, “It is true that she received an offer for the drama, but her appearance has not been confirmed.”

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo, Kim Hye Yoon, and Jang Seung Jo are currently confirmed to star in “Snowdrop,” while Jung Hae In is in talks and Jung Yoo Jin has been reported for the drama.

Led by director Jo Hyun Tak and screenwriter Yoo Hyun Mi, who previously worked together on the hit drama “SKY Castle,” “Snowdrop” is scheduled to start filming this year for a 2021 premiere.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425967wpp/yoo-in-na-offered-role-in-drama-with-blackpinks-jisoo-kim-hye-yoon-and-jang-seung-jo

• Like 2

@larus Thank for the casting update.When there's more female cast than male.. Yeah ladies! 

So waiit.. If Jung Hae In accepts this he would be the male lead? Not Jang Seung Jo? It makes sense considering the age gap is lesser with  two female leads.. I mean if ever there will romance.  I'll be honest, I'm excited for Jang Seung Jo. I want to see him with grit, more emotion. He's good doing dramatic characters.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jongski said:

So waiit.. If Jung Hae In accepts this he would be the male lead? Not Jang Seung Jo? It makes sense considering the age gap is lesser with  two female leads.. I mean if ever there will romance.  I'll be honest, I'm excited for Jang Seung Jo. I want to see him with grit, more emotion. He's good doing dramatic characters.

I am looking forward to see Jang Seung Jo too and the older cast. It hope it will be an ensemble cast like in Sky Castle.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Jung Hae In And More Confirmed To Join BLACKPINK’s Jisoo And Kim Hye Yoon In New Drama By “SKY Castle” Creators

e902d1d806224e419fd804d3318108f6.jpeg?s=

Oct 5, 2020
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop” (working title) has confirmed its starring cast!

On October 5, JTBC officially announced that BLACKPINK’s Jisoo and Kim Hye Yoon, who were both confirmed to be starring in the drama in August, will be joined by Jung Hae In, Jang Seung Jo, Yoon Se Ah, and Jung Yoo Jin in the upcoming series.

The producers of the drama remarked, “As we have gathered a team of actors who have both top-class acting skills and visuals, we will greet our viewers with an especially high-quality drama.”

“Snowdrop,” which will be helmed by the director and writer of JTBC’s smash hit “SKY Castle,” will be set in Seoul in 1987. The drama will tell the love story of Im Soo Ho, a student at a prestigious university who suddenly rushes into a female dorm one day covered in blood (played by Jung Hae In), and Eun Young Cho, the cheerful and lovable student who hides him and takes care of his wounds even while facing danger under close surveillance (played by Jisoo).

Im Soo Ho, who grew up in Germany, has a gentle charm but gives off an air of hiding a secret. After falling in love with him at first sight at a social gathering, the lively Eun Young Cho happens to run into him again at her dorm, where she winds up tending to his wounds in hiding.

Jung-Hae-In-Jisoo.jpg

Yoon Se Ah will play the role of Pi Seung Hee, the notoriously strict and terrifying housemother of Jisoo’s dorm, while Kim Hye Yoon will play Kye Boon Ok, a phone operator at the dorm who had to forgo a college education due to her family’s financial circumstances.

Jang Seung Jo will be playing the role of Lee Kang Moo, the relentless head of the National Intelligence Service (NIS)’s Team 1, who always insists on doing everything by the book. Meanwhile, Jung Yoo Jin will play Jang Han Na, an impulsive and hot-tempered NIS agent who is passionate about her job.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1429518wpp/jung-hae-in-and-more-confirmed-to-join-blackpinks-jisoo-and-kim-hye-yoon-in-new-drama-by-sky-castle-creators

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yoo Inna joins cast of JTBC’s Snowdrop

by tccolb

0000466727_001_20201228100314422.jpg

Casting has been announced for Yoo Inna (The Spies Who Loved Me) in JTBC’s upcoming drama Snowdrop. She joins Jung Hae-in (A Piece of Your Mind), Kim Hye-yoon (Extraordinary You), Jang Seung-jo (The Good Detective), Yoon Se-ah (Forest of Secrets 2), as well as Blackpink’s Jisoo (Arthdal Chronicles) in the cast lineup.

The drama is set against the backdrop of Seoul in 1987, a year rife with violent riots and demonstrations in rebellion against the military dictatorship that was in power at the time. And Snowdrop’s story sets off when college student Jung Hae-in suddenly runs into a women’s dormitory building, injured and covered in blood. Despite the dangers involved, fellow college student Jisoo helps him hide and attends to his wounds. And, naturally, the two fall in love.

The role that Yoo Inna takes on is Dr. Kang Chung-ah, an internist who works at the national hospital. She is well-respected for her skills as a surgeon and is described as having a guarded personality.

It feels a little strange to see someone as established as Yoo Inna take on a supporting role, but it might mean that there was something about the character or the drama that she just couldn’t pass up.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/yoo-inna-joins-cast-of-jtbcs-snowdrop/

• Like 2

Maybe too early for a teaser.  T

his drama is from the writer and director tandem of Sky Castle.. which critics like.  They're coming back with another drama. Great cast but I'm not familiar with the male lead. But I'm excited to watch Jang Seung Jo again- he's like 39 yrs old IRL but heck he doesn't even look like it.

Writer: Yoo Hyun Mi (Sky Castle)

Director: Jo Hyun Tak (Sky Castle)

Set in 1987, when South Korea was governed by a dictatorial government.

Graduate student Im Soo-Ho (Jung Hae-In) is covered in blood and he jumps into the female dormitory at Hosoo Women’s University. Eun Young-Cho (Kim Ji-Soo) finds him and helps to hide him. They develop a romantic relationship. (cr: asian wiki)

The drama is set against the backdrop of Seoul in 1987, a year rife with violent riots and demonstrations in rebellion against the military dictatorship that was in power at the time. And Snowdrop’s story sets off when college student Jung Hae-in suddenly runs into a women’s dormitory building, injured and covered in blood. Despite the dangers involved, fellow college student Jisoo helps him hide and attends to his wounds. And, naturally, the two fall in love.  (cr: dramabeans)

~~~~

Maybe the romance will be like that of the young characters in  'When My Love Blooms'  which I like

I hope this will be a good drama excellent script just based on plot and backdrop.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was looking for Jang Seung Jo. When  he's oppa not an Ajusshi even though he's 40... because he doesn't look like's one.  Great acting in Money Flower. Can't wait to see him here.

Found this updates of filming as well.

cr:@

More filming shots

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3