[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop” previewed the heart-fluttering romance between the leads!

“Snowdrop,” a new series helmed by the director and writer of JTBC’s smash hit “SKY Castle,” is set in Seoul in 1987. The drama will tell the love story of Su Ho, a student at a prestigious university who suddenly rushes into a women’s university dorm covered in blood one day (played by Jung Hae In), and Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds even while facing danger under close surveillance (played by BLACKPINK’s Jisoo).

Following a short version of the teaser, the newly released full “music prologue” teaser begins with Su Ho and Young Ro looking affectionately at each other as Yoo Jae Ha’s 1987 hit “Past Days” plays in the background. Romantic moments between two flash by as if they’re shown through a vintage projector screen. Su Ho and Young Ro are about to hold hands when the music stops abruptly.

Su Ho and Young Ro awkwardly shift away from each other as the radio DJ interrupts them by stating, “Oh my! Don’t be like that, and just confess. You might feel shy, but there might not be another opportunity if you don’t do it now. You don’t know if that person might be the most precious gift in your life.” Getting embarrassed, Su Ho fiddles with the radio, and Young Ro pretends to be busy looking at a snow globe.

“Snowdrop” will premiere on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1498632wpp/watch-jung-hae-in-and-blackpinks-jisoo-are-about-to-hold-hands-until-things-get-adorably-awkward-in-snowdrop-teaser

• Like 2

Youngro “I wondered what ‘love at first sight’ meant. But the moment I saw that guy, I knew in a single heartbeat. Our hands touched for a moment and my heart dropped. Is this..what first love is? Can we meet each other again? “ 

Suho “Us?”

5-C86-C333-017-F-4949-8927-4-E0-F52-DF17

A395-B335-9227-440-A-AE69-1-AA00818-B2-A

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: BLACKPINK’s Jisoo Falls In Love With A Tormented Jung Hae In At First Sight In Ominous Teaser For “Snowdrop”

Nov 19, 2021

by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop” has unveiled an intriguing new teaser!

“Snowdrop,” which will be helmed by the director and writer of JTBC’s smash hit “SKY Castle,” is set in Seoul in 1987. The drama will tell the love story of Su Ho, a student at a prestigious university who suddenly rushes into a women’s university dorm covered in blood one day (played by Jung Hae In), and Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds even while facing danger under close surveillance (played by BLACKPINK’s Jisoo).

The newly released teaser begins with Young Ro using a cassette player to record herself confessing her feelings for Su Ho. Hiding shyly under her blanket, she says, “I used to wonder what people meant when they talked about ‘falling in love at first sight.’ But the moment I saw him, I knew right away. Our hands only brushed for a moment, but my heart thudded in my chest. Could this be what they call first love?”

As the clip shows glimpses of their romance, Young Ro nervously asks Su Ho in voice-over, “We’ll be able to see each other again, right?”

However, the mood suddenly darkens as the camera cuts to Su Ho listening to her taped confession alone. Visibly shocked and tormented, Su Ho begins to tear up as he replies ominously, “We?”

“Snowdrop” will premiere on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1499346wpp/watch-blackpinks-jisoo-falls-in-love-with-a-tormented-jung-hae-in-at-first-sight-in-ominous-teaser-for-snowdrop

• Like 2

<Snowdrop> music prologue hit more than 5 million views in less than a week

Jung Hae-in x Ji-soo, 'Sulganghwa' music prologue video 'overwhelming' reaction

2021.11.20. 7:16 am

0004514274_001_20211120071603100.jpg?type=w430

[OSEN=Reporter Soyoung Park] The 'Music Prologue' video of JTBC's 'Snowdrop' (hereinafter 'Snowdrop') exceeded 5 million views in less than a week, proving a passionate interest in the work. 

On the 12th and 13th, 'Seolganghwa' released a 'Music Prologue' video online that contained the trembling moments of the main actors Jung Hae-in and Jisoo. In the 'Music Prologue', where a short version of 15 seconds was released on the 12th and a long version of 60 seconds on the 13th, Suho (Jung Hae-in) exchanges eyes with Yoo Jae-ha's 'Because I Love You' as the background music as if holding hands. Min) and Youngro (Jisoo Min) are included. At the same time, the DJ's witty voice in the radio that is perfect for the two situations, and an atmosphere full of the freshness of winter romance made the viewers smile.

The 60-second full version 'Music Prologue' video was uploaded to various channels such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Naver TV on the 13th, and achieved more than 3.25 million views and 13,231 comments on the 19th in 6 days. The 15-second version was also uploaded on the 12th, a day earlier, and the total number of views on the same day exceeded 1.86 million. In addition, the number of comments was 17,874, exceeding the 60-second full version. In particular, the 15-second version has 9080 comments on Instagram alone, showing the explosive interest of SNS users. By the 19th, the combined number of views of the two videos has exceeded 5 million. 

This 'Music Prologue' caught the eye with the highest number of views and hot comments among the pre-teaser contents that JTBC has shown so far, raising expectations for the first broadcast of 'Seolganghwa'. 

'Seolganghwa' is a drama about a desperate love story that goes against the times of Suho, a prestigious university student who suddenly jumped into a dormitory at a women's university in Seoul in 1987, and Yeongro, a female college student who hid and healed him even in the midst of surveillance and crisis. JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Snowdrop: Snowdrop' will be broadcasted for the first time at 10:30 pm on Saturday, December 18. 

/comet568@osen.co.kr 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004514274?lfrom=twitter

• Like 2

Haein x Jisoo interview with Harpers Bazaar Korea

PART 1 ~ Haein’s interview.

https://www.harpersbazaar.co.kr/article/61412

Visual couple!

Is this your first

pictorial with Jung Hae-in and Jisoo?

Jung Hae-in, who had a full year, and Jisoo taking a new leap. The two actors met as the main characters of <Seolganghwa>, a desperate love story. The two eyes are very similar. Like all good lovers.

Q: I heard that the scenarios are pouring in these days. I'm curious as to why you chose <Seolganghwa> out of several works. 
JHI: The biggest reason was the scenerio. The power of writing, the power of story. And I had infinite trust in the writer and director. In fact, I almost couldn't participate because of the overlapping schedule with <DP>, but the writer, director, and production team were happy to create an environment where I could do it. So I feel more responsible and burdened. I had to pay back fir trusting me

Q: What kind of pay back? 
JHI: Basically acting and externally as well. For example, when you film, you will get tired and often have a hard time. In fact, it doesn't take that long to create a good atmosphere. It will be over in just a few seconds. The director has always played a role, and seeing it, I thought that I should help too. The staff have been wearing masks for over ten hours. How frustrating must it be? I can’t see smiling face even if they smile.  So,  I tried to create a more enjoyable atmosphere other than simply saying hello and smiling. After the last filming, the director thanked me for my hard work.

Jacket by Maison Margiela by Yoox.  Best is Miter Gentle Man by BOONTHESHOP.  The white shirt is the stylist's own.

Jacket by Maison Margiela by Yoox. Best is Miter Gentle Man by BOONTHESHOP. The white shirt is the stylist's own.

Q: As you said, <DP> and <Snowdrop> was proceeded at the sane time. How did you focus on the character Suho? 
JHI: If your physical strength collapses, your mental will also collapse, so I paid attention to increasing my physical strength. As a player, if I have a good focus, I don't think there's a lot of fluctuation just because the texture of the work is different or the filming location changes. Besides, all the hints about Suho were in the script. So it seems like I've been living with the script all day. Observing other actors on set also helped a lot. When you absorb the other actor’s emotions, your reactions and expressions will come out more naturally.

Q: It's a film set in 1987. Have you studied the historical background in advance? 
I am born in 1988. 1987 is an era I have never experienced in person. There are many works based on that time, but I think the answers are in the script. If you look closely at the script, you can picture it in your mind. Through this work, I felt that the props team and the makeup team were more than amazing than anything else. Just because it's a period drama doesn't mean the acting is different. People in those days all lived the same way. I think the difference between a period drama and a modern drama is the props, sets, art, and makeup. For example, in our work, glass bottles of orange juice and sweets from that era are reproduced as they are. Even the clothes and hairstyles that were popular at that time. Since there so many characters, it must have been so hard. Nearly 100 people appeared in just one female college student dormitory scene, not dressing up one by one , but each person's personality. Everyone worked hard.

Shirt by Marni by Mue.  Pique knit top by Isabel Marant Homme.  The sunglasses are Gentle Monster.
Shirt by Marni by Mue. Pique knit top by Isabel Marant Homme. The sunglasses are Gentle Monster.

Q: Whether it's a period drama or a modern drama, it's the same as acting out the emotions of a universal human being, but nevertheless, in the 80's, there's a more serious and sincere emotion, right? 
JHI: At that time, there was no cell phone, we had to exchanged letters, and there is something like the authenticity of that era. Just because I'm texting and making video calls right now doesn't mean I don't have sincerity, but it's definitely more affectionate than that. If you can’t reach other, you have to wait patiently. I think period dramas always have that kind of charm.

Q: The story begins when Suho suddenly sneaks into a dormitory at the Women's University one day and the story begins.  As Jisoo mentioned earlier, there were many interesting episodes while filming that scene. 
JHI: For example, in group shots. The camera took my bust and many of them didn't get caught on camera. Nevertheless, everyone acted passionately, so it helped me a lot. I think the filming set was filled with that energy.  It's never easy to act like that for close to 10 hours. I was really thankful.  On the day the filming ended, the director gave each of the female college students a bouquet of flowers. Each of them came out and made a place to tell us how they felt about the last shoot. The director told me to come out and say something, so I said, "Thanks to your help, I was able to act comfortably. I may not be able to recognize you, so if you meet at another filming location, I hope you will say hello to me.”

Q: How was your chemistry with the other actor, Jisoo, who played the role of Youngro? 
JHI: Every shoot was a series of surprises. I wondered, “Was she this good at acting?" Jisoo's acting in this drama was never easy. While reading the script, in some emotional scenes, I can't even imagine, I was like, 'What would I have done if I had taken on this role?' It's so vague and unpredictable. It was amazing to see her doing well step by step. Most of all, she absorbs the director's feedback. Usually, there is some kind of buffering before acting out, but she is quick. Of course, I know she put a lot of effort into it. I joined the filming a little late, but during that time, she had countless meetings with the director and thought about the character and put a lot of effort into this work.

Q: What direction did the director give you for 'Suho and Youngro'? 
JHI: Rather than having a special order, the director just said this. “It’s really good that the two of you are in the same angle, and you two look good together”. He praised us for feeling the energy exchange between the two of us even if we didn’t force ourselves to do anything.

Q: What I realised while watching your  filmography, was  that you lived very hard. 
JHI: I haven't taken a break for more than a month since my debut in 2014. have to work harder when there is a need for me.

Q: You work with a very humble attitude? 
JHI : It's a community job, and I can't do everything I want to do. I'm grateful that there's a situation where I can work. I think my work may suddenly be cut off at any time.
Leather jacket by Maison Margiela by Yoox.  Knitted vest by Miter Gentle Man by BOONTHESHOP.  The shirt is from the stylist's own.

Leather jacket by Maison Margiela by Yoox. Knitted vest by Miter Gentle Man by BOONTHESHOP. The shirt is from the stylist's own.

Spoiler

Ruffled blouse, knit top and pants all by Celine Homme by Hedi Slimane.

Ruffled blouse, knit top and pants all by Celine Homme by Hedi Slimane.

Jacket by Maison Margiela by Yoox.  Knitted vest, pants by Miter Gentle Man by BOONTHESHOP.  Derby shoes are Dior Men.  The white shirt is the stylist's own.

Jacket by Maison Margiela by Yoox. Knitted vest, pants by Miter Gentle Man by BOONTHESHOP. Derby shoes are Dior Men. The white shirt is the stylist's own.

Q: Do you have a professional mindset as an actor? Do you have a sense of mission?

JHI: An actor is an entertainment worker, and after all, it is a service industry. It's fun and inspiring. I think the sense of duty is too grand. It's more of a responsibility. So, I think you can say it's professionalism. Everyone wants to do their job as well as possible. So do I. Even if it doesn't work, I think I should do our best without regret.

Q: No matter how strong your work ethic, if you work non-stop for 7 years, you will be exhausted.
JHI: There have been times when there have been burnouts. But the most important thing is to be loved by the public. Not all jobs are like this. I think that was the support.

Q: There's also a nickname, "Melo Master”.

JHI: I've never said, 'Hello, I'm a melo drama master.' (Laughs) The reporters gave me that nickname. I'm thankful."

Q: What do you think is the charm of Melo?

JHI: In reality, when there is a couple, everyone around them hopes and cheers for them. I think melodrama is similar in the end. As people watch it, they want the two characters in the drama to get along well.

JHI:  I want to say "Romeo and Juliet”. The heartbreaking, sweet, and affectionate love story between the two men and women. "

Q: There's not much time left until the first broadcast. How are you planning to watch it?

JHI: As always, I'll watch it with my family. I'm so nervous that I don't know if I can see it properly... I'm more nervous than ever.

Q: Is there a reason why you're particularly nervous about this drama?

JHI: "Snowdrop" was the drama that I faced the most limitations in acting. ‘This is my limit. This is all I can do…’ It was too difficult throughout the work, and in a way, my self-esteem was lowered. That's how much I relied on people around me. Not only the director or Jisoo, but also each staff member. I think I felt once again that there was nothing I could do alone.

Q: You will end the year with the beginning of the drama. 

JHI: That's true. Next year, I want to become a human Jung HaeIn who goes one step further.

Q: As a human being? 

JHI: Acting is just a job. I want to be a better human being. And I hope I don't get sick. Both physically and mentally.

• Like 2

PART 2 ~ Jisoo’s interview.

https://www.harpersbazaar.co.kr/article/61412

a876c520-e3cb-455f-917d-730f2840da88.jpg

Q: After you finished reading the script for "Snowdrop", what did you first feel?

JS: I received the script before the audition, and the character Youngro I played was very attractive. Even though she just turned 20 years old, I think the power to attract the person she has in her youth was also delivered to me. And I thought it was really cool to see her gradually growing up.

Q: What kind of experience was filming this drama for you? It's the first work that you participated in as the main character.

JS: I spent a long time with many people while participating in this work. Through this drama, it was an opportunity to take a closer look at myself."

Knitted dress by Erdem by Mue.  Hairpins are Dior.

Knitted dress by Erdem by Mue. Hairpins are Dior.

Q: I can feel your sincerity toward the character Youngro. What kind of mindset did you have when acting?

JS: I tried to focus on expressing Youngro’s righteous and good side. The stories I talked about Youngro with the director also helped a lot. The director wanted Youngro’s bubbly charm and consideration for others to be seen well. I tried to be Youngro, think like Youngro, and act like Youngro. Youngro is still young enough to need trial and error. I think I acted with the hope that people would take care of Youngro and understand her.

Q: What do you think is the similarity between Youngro and Jisoo? I think there must be a point where you felt liberated while playing this character. As you said, she's a very righteous person.

JS: Youngro is a person who delivers bright energy among people and tries to make everyone have fun. I think the effort between people is similar to mine. And attracting everyone to go together without giving up, I think this is something I should learn.

Q: As it was pre-produced, it's been quite a while since the filming was over. Nevertheless, I think there will be a scene in the drama that remains in your head so far.

JS: In fact, the last scene of the last episode is the most memorable. This is a secret, so I can't tell you right now. (Laughs) Please check it out later while watching the last episode. 

34bf5403-0258-477c-8b1b-e0141c535672.jpg

Q: You participated in this drama while working as a BLACKPINK. Wasn't it hard to be immersed in the drama?

JS:  Youngro and Jisoo's world of living was so different that there was no confusion at all. In addition, from the moment I arrived at the drama set everyone treated me as Youngro, not Jisoo. Thanks to this, I was so grateful to all the staff for being able to fully focus on Youngro.

Spoiler

Oversized jacket by Raf Simons by 10 Corso Como.  The tube top dress is from Rokh.  Hairpins are Dior.  Earrings, rings by Cartier.  Platform heels are by Jinny Kim.  Stockings from the stylist's own.  

Oversized jacket by Raf Simons by 10 Corso Como. The tube top dress is from Rokh. Hairpins are Dior. Earrings, rings by Cartier. Platform heels are by Jinny Kim. Stockings from the stylist's own.

Knit Best & Other Stories.  Tube top and pants Our Legacy by Beaker.  The ring is Cartier.

Knit Best & Other Stories. Tube top and pants Our Legacy by Beaker. The ring is Cartier.

Q: From debuting as a singer at a young age to challenging such a new genre. What is the ‘center’ that supports you without shaking?

JS: Above all, I think the most important thing is not to lose ‘me’. If you don't lose yourself, you won't be shaken by anything difficult.  And I believe that I can take better care of the people around me only when I am strong. Since our debut, we've been receiving a lot of love. I think I should be more alert to repay that love. "

Q: What do you think is Jisoo's strength as an actor?

JS:  The advice that many people gave during the shoot gave me a lot of strength. The process of learning something was a pleasant experience for me. That's why I always smiled while filming. I think my biggest strength is not 

to be frustrated, and to smile and work hard.

Q: Throughout the filming, I heard that the support of BLACKPINK members also gave you a lot of strength.

JS: The members said they would definitely watch it live. They ‘always’ cheered for me because they contacted me so often even 

during the shoot. Since the members were so curious, I gained strength and worked even harder.

Q: How do you plan to watch the first episode? It's actress Jisoo’s first step.

JS: Actually, I'm not confident to watch it with anyone. I want to watch it alone at home, but I don't 

know what will happen. I think I can barely see it through a very small gap between my fingers with my eyes covered. "

• Like 2

Quick Poll: K-Drama Seasons

Chingus, it is time to get warm and cozy this winter.  We are already anticipating the next season of many of our favourite K-dramas, do take a moment to vote for your favourite K-drama with multiple seasons. Don't forget to let us know which drama you wish to see the second season of. :dorakiss:

re:  Your friendly and most favourite EO team : @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

JTBC uploaded a 3 sec <Snowdrop> teaser. 

Blackpink Lisa was tested positive for COVID 19, and YG entertainment shared that Jisoo, Rose and Jennie have received Negative confirmed results. 

Harpers Bazaar Korea December | Haein x Jisoo pages

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop” has unveiled a new teaser!

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” takes place in Seoul in 1987. The drama tells the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Young Ro (BLACKPINK’s Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and takes care of him despite facing danger under close surveillance.

The new teaser begins with Su Ho saying in voice-over, “I remember the day I first met you.” The scene cuts to a vivid party where Su Ho and Young Ro meet on the dance floor. He continues, “If I had been an ordinary youth… if I hadn’t picked up that paper plane… if I hadn’t met you from the start…” The teaser flashes through romantic moments between the couple as they fold paper planes together, ride a bike together, and dance together.

But the teaser takes a dark turn as the flying paper plane turns into a gun that lands at Young Ro’s feet. Shaking with fear and anger, she points the gun at Su Ho and says, “You don’t know who I am, do you?”

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1500748wpp/watch-jung-hae-in-and-blackpinks-jisoos-sweet-romance-takes-a-dark-turn-in-snowdrop-teaser

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1