[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

Do dramas normally give hints like this? I’m thinking it might be a fakeout... 

If there is a funeral, I’m guessing it’s fake because that may be a way for both sides to stop looking for SH. Also, since CY got mission orders to kill SH, maybe this is also to protect her so that she is not seen as a traitor. But I could be wrong or there are other reasons.... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, rocher22 said:

those were beautiful scenes...

Suho helped  his comrade but she fell in love with him.

I think she really loves him.

I also found that scene very touching. I can feel the warmth from Jung Hae In :) It's pure dongmu-ship but a female dongmu can't help but fall for those caring hugs... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Suho and Kangmu are a good team..

I liked the scene when Suho gave KM the gun...

its clear that they are both disappointed in their government

FJSofUiaAAA1LLE?format=png&name=360x360

MH1 already come up with a plan...the coffee is just an excuse 

to get out of the room..

FJSnqbiacAIDs-5?format=png&name=360x360

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

[ Instagram Post ]
220116 | @yg_stage

Korean actress Yoo In Na  in Snowdrop. 9

"Stop moving!!" Skilled Surgeon,
What is Kang Cheong-Ya's true identity?

Moranbong No. 1! .

As soon as it appeared, it overwhelmed the scene Actress Yoo In Na in 'Snowdrop' behind the scenes cuts released!

© @yg_stage 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 3

Ep.s 10 & 11: 

I'm watching it as a time-pass just to see scenes between the lead PYTs, the series itself is illogical, ridiculous and OTT with irritating characters, so I skip everything else. 

That tape recording is ML's love confession and goodbye. There's no way he's surviving this, and he knows it. Saving hostages, spies and agents will be direct violation of NK's orders, and he is only going back to NK so that his sister does not get killed. He will be killed by NK, even if he survives in SK. If NK doesn't kill him, it will be one more illogical thing in an already contrived drama. After all, SK will have fair and free elections and ruling power will be dismantled and that is not what NK wanted either! NK government will never change. So his days are numbered. Faking his death is also not an option because he'll live in fear of his life that someone may still recognize him and he will never endanger FL's life by being with her (after putting her in danger as a hostage!). And even if by some sheer luck, he stays alive, he'll never see her again. 

Right now, it's headed towards a 'Titanic'-like ending.  

ML has had a choice every step of the way: to be in someone's way or out of it. He is the well-traveled, well-trained spy sent to SK to do missions. His lack of choice in becoming an agent or who his adopted father is or his beliefs do not matter. Once in SK, he is the one who pursued the FL after the first meet-up and gave mixed signals and has decided every course of action and reaction to his own benefit, in complete disregard of others. He could've said one sentence to FL during hostage situation for e.g. 'I like you but this is the job I was hired to do and there's nothing I can do to change it, so kindly forgive me and listen to my orders!' Instead he demeaned and humiliated her and had nothing nice or sensible to say to her, just saving her from bullets and his fellow agents!  

FL has served as his 'comfort woman'. She is the hope of a life he'll never have. FL is shown as the epitome of the virginal, pure-hearted, understanding heroine, a bit of a doormat, who fell for this guy - her first love/ crush - and tried to do the right thing by being nice and is now okay with everything even though she knows he's a killer and manipulator and she has zero future with him! She is the one adjusting herself to his needs. All. The. Time. She has gotten nothing from this guy other than sadness, lies and confusion, and never will. In fact, in a way, this girl is much braver than the guy, because she has been open and honest and un afraid of her feelings and bold in standing up to aggression, unlike him. She also hasn't used any excuses for her actions.  

The intention of the writer may have been to show 2 lonely young (pretty) people from 2 Koreas, with different personalities, being exploited by their own families and countries, against impossible life and death odds, but it has failed both leads despite their good performances. The ratings speak for themselves. 

We have not been told what the original mission for ammunition was, which was being retrieved by the ML when he ended up in dorm by mistake and started the hostage situation, because the original plan was not to go to the dorm and take hostages. So what was the ammo for originally? 

The OST songs 'If You're With Me' and 'Wishes' are great and spot-on. 

• Like 1

Yoo In Na and Jung Hae In scene in snow is amazing!

Sooho comforted and made Kang Cheong-Ya feel warm because they are in the middle of snows and that is the first time they met when Sooho also save her from a near death in the cliff. 

• Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

A new behind-the-scenes video for “Snowdrop” has been released!

JTBC’s “Snowdrop” is set in Seoul in 1987. It is about the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Young Ro (BLACKPINK’s Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and take care of him despite facing danger and close surveillance.

The video starts with a nighttime shoot outside featuring Jisoo and Jung Hae In. They practice the scene where Jisoo leads Jung Hae In inside, but he jokes around by pretending not to follow along. In between scenes, Jisoo pretends to practice her taekwondo and makes up funny words that entertain Jung Hae In.

Later, the duo film inside the attic, where Jisoo brews Jung Hae In coffee and they share their first kiss. With the director, they discuss the brewing process, where to place their mugs, and how to initiate the kiss. Because Jisoo’s character brews coffee to help them erase unwanted memories, Jung Hae In shows his attention to detail by mentioning how only Young Ro should take a sip because his character does not want to forget their kiss.

After perfecting the scene, Jung Hae In makes sure to take care of Jisoo by applying a cold ice pack on her back.

Watch the full making-of clip with English subtitles below!

“Snowdrop” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509102wpp/watch-jung-hae-in-and-blackpinks-jisoo-pay-close-attention-to-detail-while-filming-their-kiss-scene-in-snowdrop

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

I thought Suho was just spying when he was in Europe but he also seems to have

killed someone. 

I wonder how it all happened. 

FJhq8SCaAAEm9bi?format=jpg&name=360x360

:fullofhearts:

FJhrf0TacAMQUuD?format=jpg&name=360x360

I would be happy if our drama ended similarly to the movie ''Conspiracy Theory''.

The ML had to fake his dead but he still sent the FL a message that he was alive but couldnt

contact her for some time.   

Spoiler

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

@rocher22 I like that ending.... :glee:

why am I imagining “One Way Ticket” playing in the background :sweat_smile::joy:

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I thought Suho was just spying when he was in Europe but he also seems to have

killed someone. 

I wonder how it all happened. 

Yeah... there seem to be some missing puzzles still... I keep wondering if there could be a purpose they gave him a German name. And its meaning behind is to protect one’s beloved. I’m curious if there is a message that the writer wants to convey given that the drama Gaksital is also from the same writer. Or if there is a connection to Germany’s history and the fall of Berlin Wall which had almost same timeline as Snowdrop . Maybe most Koreans on both sides would dream of peace between NK and SK after all.

• Like 3