[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

Jung Hae-in who believes and sees, a thrilling index… 'Snowdrop' is finally approaching

2021.12.16. 3:26 PM

0000283787_001_20211216152603787.jpg?type=w430

[Reporter Park Jung-sun | JTBC]

Jung Hae-in, who believes and sees, and Jisoo, who gives excitement, blooms in the JTBC Saturday and Sunday drama 'Snowdrop' (hereinafter 'Seolganghwa').  

'Snowdrop' raised the expectations for this broadcast to the highest level through the production presentation held on the afternoon of the 16th. 'Snowdrop', which will be aired for the first time at 10:30 pm on the 18th, is set in Seoul in 1987 and goes against the era of a prestigious university student who suddenly jumped into the dormitory of a women's university one day, and a female university student who hid and treated him despite the terrible surveillance and crisis. A drama about a desperate love story. Writer Yoo Hyun-mi of 'SKY Castle', which caused the syndrome, and director Cho Hyun-tak once again worked together to complete the work.

0000283787_002_20211216152603862.jpg?type=w430

Jung Hae-in takes on the role of Im Soo-ho, a graduate student at a prestigious university with many stories from a Korean-German origin. This time, he chose Lim Soo-ho in 'Seollganghwa', who made a box office hit with his unique pioneering plan.  

Regarding the reason for appearing, he said, "I had faith in the director and writer. The story was really interesting. That was the biggest. It had unpredictable endings and developments." , I had to fully prepare my physical strength. So I worked hard,” he said, expressing the effort he put into acting Suho. He also said, "It is completely different from the previous work. It is also different in terms of character." He said, "In order to express a person who lived in that era, he had to know some knowledge about the historical background. Although it is an imaginary character, "I focused on that because it's the story of people who lived in that era," he said. 

0000283787_003_20211216152603928.jpg?type=w430

Jisoo, who has transformed from a member of the global girl group Black Pink to an actress, meets viewers as Eun Young-ro, a freshman at Lake Women's University, who is lively and cute. The eyes of viewers around the world turned to Jisoo.  

Jisoo said, "I got the script before the audition and read it, and the character Youngro was really bright and attractive. I was drawn to the thought that it would be nice to be able to share such bright energy with people." I thought there was something to be learned from the bright and bright way of giving energy to others. I learned Youngro by acting.” She continued, "I was nervous when I tried for the first time. When I went to the set, I felt like I became a young man. I was able to act comfortably because everyone took care of me a lot." 

Spoiler

0000283787_004_20211216152603994.jpg?type=w430

Jung Hae-in and Ji-soo's 'Honey Combination' was accomplished with the bloody efforts of Director Cho Hyun-tak and the production team. According to Director Cho's explanation, to cast them, they were really 'tangled up'. 

Director Cho said, "I wanted to cast Jung Hae-in from the start. I had him in mind from the time I made the synopsis. I was rejected by Jung Hae-in once. "He said, "I don't know what kind of person Youngro really is. The actor completes it. As soon as I saw Jisoo in a certain place, I thought, 'That's Youngro'. It was decided in an instant. He said, 'I'll do it' and threatened to do it, but I also did it. I remember getting stuck with Jisoo like that," he laughed.  

In addition, actors with outstanding acting skills such as Yoo In-na, Jang Seung-jo, Yoon Se-ah, Kim Hye-yoon, Jung Yu-jin, Heo Jun-ho, Kim Jeong-nan, Park Seong-woong, and Jeong Hye-young appeared in 'Snowdrop'. Regarding this, director Jo Hyun-tak said, "All the actors did a great job. In particular, I have never seen a work in which the characters of Park Seong-woong and Heo Jun-ho collide. I think it will be fun to see the enthusiasm and tension between the two people through this work. Each actor It feels good to express this three-dimensionally,” he said.  

'Snowdrop' received a lot of attention from the planning stage because it is a work where Jung Hae-in and Ji-soo meet. In addition to this, attention was focused on whether the director and writer of 'SKY Castle' could meet and create a syndrome once again. It's the perfect combination with high expectations. 

Spoiler

0000283787_005_20211216152604087.jpg?type=w430

Director Cho Hyun-tak said, "This is a project that writer Hyeon-mi Yoo has been preparing for a long time. I was inspired by a memoir of a North Korean defector who had defected from a political prison camp. He went through twists and turns and expanded the story, and writer Yoo himself actually has experience in a women's university dormitory. As the space merged, ‘Solganghwa’ became concrete.” He explained, “It starts with the memoirs of defectors and contains references to North Korea, but it contains the writer’s departure to look deeper and more deeply into people than ideologically.”  

He continued, "I am very surprised from the director's point of view when I saw the final edited version. A heartbreaking love story unfolds in the 1987 era. In the process, mystery, action, suspense, and character comedy are well blended in the right place."  

Because of the high level of interest, it went through ups and downs before the broadcast. Because there were voices of concern about historical distortion.  

Director Jo Hyun-tak said, "Aside from the military regime and the presidential election, everything is creative. It focuses on the love story of Suho, Young-ro, and young men and women. Everything else is made up of fictional stories. In it, we have our own reality and density. We've been talking about it," he said.  

He also said, "A few phrases were leaked at the beginning, and unacceptable words spread among themselves. It became an established fact and became an article. I am reflecting on the responsibility of the production team who neglected the management. I am doing this work with a sense of responsibility and mission. Yes, I don't think you have any concerns.  

He continued, "Korean movies and dramas are attracting attention worldwide. I am happy and proud of myself as well. I want you to know that creators do their best when they work on their work. It can be a pain and pressure for me. I want you to consider that.” 

Park Jung-sun, an entertainment news team reporter, park.jungsun@jtbc.co.kr (Content Business Headquarters) 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/437/0000283787

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images per post. Please put any other images in spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ahead of its December 18 premiere, JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop” held an online press conference!

On December 16, “Snowdrop” leads Jung Hae In and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo were joined by producing director (PD) Jo Hyun Tak for the drama’s press conference. The drama also stars Yoo In Na, Jang Seung Jo, Yoon Se Ah, Kim Hye Yoon, Jung Yoo Jin, Heo Joon Ho, Kim Jung Nan, Park Sung Woong, and Jung Hye Young.

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” takes place in Seoul in 1987. The drama tells the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Young Ro (Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and takes care of him despite facing danger under close surveillance.

PD Jo Hyun Tak explained the drama’s title, sharing, “The title was suggested by the writer. Within snow, a snowdrop is a blooming flower that pierces the snow, and what it symbolizes is that spring is not too far away. It also symbolizes that if you hold out a little longer, spring is coming. In the dorms, Jung Hae In and Jisoo experience an accident that they cannot handle, but within that harsh ordeal, there is still a message of hope that the title captures. To add, I was also drawn to the word.”

Even before the drama had premiered, parts of the synopsis began to circulate around online communities and the program was criticized for potentially distorting historical facts. Although JTBC addressed these concerns at the time, PD Jo Hyun Tak gave additional comments at the press conference. He shared, “‘Snowdrop’ is a plan that writer Yoo

Hyun Mi has prepared for a long time. She says she was inspired by the writing of a North Korean defector who escaped from a concentration camp in 2008. Following that, she endured many ups and downs until the story was finalized, and included her own experience of women’s dorms from attending university in the 1980s. As those connections were combined, the details of ‘Snowdrop’ emerged.”

He continued, “As it began from the writing of a North Korean defector, there are mentions of North Korea in the material but rather than it being political or ideological, [it’s about] the person from North Korea. Instead of focusing on North Korea, I thought that we tried to look deeply and get a closer look at the person.”

While Jo Hyun Tak explained that the producers reflected on their mismanagement that led to the spread of the synopsis, he added that “Snowdrop” was still a project created with responsibility and a sense of duty and asked viewers to personally confirm this by watching the premiere.

Regarding the choice to cast Jung Hae In and Jisoo, Jo Hyun Tak commented, “From the beginning stages, Jung Hae In was an actor I really wanted to work with. Right from when we were making the synopsis, I had Jung Hae In and our writer in mind as top priorities and prepared as I materialized.”

He added, “That’s how I was rejected after making an offer to Jung Hae In. I turned over a new leaf and suggested it again and thankfully after numerous considerations, he said yes. The day Jung Hae In agreed, we met for drinks and that was one of my happiest days while working on ‘Snowdrop.'”

About Jisoo, the PD shared, “Although the writer and I are preparing the character of Young Ro, we can’t know what kind of person she is. We thought that the actor would have to come and complete the character but we didn’t think that a rookie actress would play Young Ro. However, as soon as I saw Jisoo, I thought, ‘That person is Young Ro.’ As soon as I met her, I remember imploring and compelling her saying, ‘You have to do it no matter what.’ Although I had no dignity, I remember it was hard to hide my feelings so I just suggested it.”

Jung-Hae-In-1.jpeg

Jisoo-1.jpeg

Jung Hae In plays Suho, a student from Germany who studies at a prestigious university. He has a soft charm and a sweet smile, but also has a mysterious aura to him. One day after a mysterious event, Suho rushes into Young Ro’s women’s dorm covered in blood.

Jung Hae In shared why he chose “Snowdrop,” explaining, “I had trust in the director and writer and the story was so fun. That was a large part. When I first met the director, I was very confident in the unpredictable ending and the development. I thought that if we were to create a project together on set, it would be fulfilling and I’d be able to act happily. He had such complete trust in me that I couldn’t say no. Since the character had a lot of action [scenes] by nature, I had to perfectly prepare my physical strength. If you look at it one way, the character of Im Su Ho is a pure youth, but he’s a man with strong leadership that changes after meeting Young Ro and discovers the emotions of love.”

Spoiler

Jung-Hae-In-2.jpeg

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo will be taking on her first lead role in “Snowdrop” as Young Ro, a cute and bright English major at a women’s university. When she runs into Su Ho for the first time in her dorms, she falls in love at first sight and secretly takes him in to treat his wounds. Jisoo commented, “I was nervous because this is a field I’m trying for the first time, but once I was doing it on set, it felt like I had become Young Ro. Everyone took such good care of me so I filmed enjoyably.”

Jisoo continued, “Before I went to my audition, I was reading the script and was drawn to Young Ro because she had such a bright charm. I thought it’d be good if I could share that bright energy with others. I think I have a lot to learn from Young Ro who is bright and tries to give lots of people energy, despite not having lived a smooth life herself. I learned a lot while acting as Young Ro.”

Spoiler

Jisoo-2.jpeg

The two actors also discussed their chemistry. Jung Hae In shared, “Each filming was a consistent sequence of surprises. Acting is something you create together with the opposite person but she was so considerate and would immediately understand and implement directions from the director for scenes we were filming together, which is not easy. This could take time but I was surprised that the period was so short and was surprised because she was implementing it so well. Since the character at the center of the plot is Young Ro, there are a lot of people around her. Within that, she was stable and made sure that the other students in the dorm could act comfortably. That’s why I was thankful.”

Jisoo added, “Since I was acting for the first time, I wasn’t sure how I was coming out [on video] and was lacking in many aspects. Jung Hae In led me along well and treated me comfortably so it was an environment that I could focus more in.”

Spoiler

Jisoo-Jung-Hae-In-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Jung-Hae-In-Jisoo-Jo-Hyun-Tak.jpeg

To conclude, Jung Hae In shared, “[‘Snowdrop’] was created over a long period of time by the hard work of many people. It’s going to be really fun. I hope you enjoy it. Inevitably, the dorms were a really important setting, and through this opportunity, I want to say thank you to all the actors who were there with me. There were things there that I couldn’t have gotten caught up in or do all by myself. I received a lot of help. Thank you.”

Jisoo continued, “I think a really great drama will come out through [the work of] many staff members, good music, and good production. I hope you will give lots of love to ‘Snowdrop’ which premieres this week. Please watch enjoyably.”

PD Jo Hyun Tak commented, “There isn’t much time left before the premiere. After starting with the small excitement of Jung Hae In and Jisoo’s love story, they end up experiencing an extreme pain that one person cannot endure. Please stay tuned to find out whether their love is a blessing or a curse.”

JTBC’s “Snowdrop” premieres on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504096wpp/jung-hae-in-and-blackpinks-jisoo-dish-about-working-with-each-other-how-they-were-cast-for-snowdrop-and-more

• Like 1
  • Love 1

89611-EF9-09-C8-4169-9973-5-A1-A110875-E

Jung Hae-in X Ji-soo, fateful first meeting... Strange emotion 'eyes'

2021.12.18. 8:14 am

(Export News Reporter Choi Hee-jae) The scene where Jung Hae-in and Ji-soo met for the first time was captured. 

JTBC's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Snow Ganghwa: Snowdrop' (played by Hyun-mi Yoo/directed by Hyun-tak Cho/produced by Drama House Studio, JTBC Studio/hereinafter 'Snowdrop') released a 4v4 banging still where Jung Hae-in and Ji-soo first met. 

The stills released on the 18th showed the appearance of eight men and women who met at a coffee shop. Suho (Jung Hae-in) and Yeong-ro (Jisoo), who met for the first time fatefully, as well as Hye-ryeong (Shin Jeong-hye) and Seol-hee (Choi Hee-jin) living in the dormitory 207 of Lake Women's University, and the boarding students in Sillim-dong, draw attention. In particular, Bun-ok (Kim Hye-yoon), a telephone operator, transforms into a colorful costume and makeup that is different from usual, raising curiosity. 

Suho, who went to the first meeting of his life, wore a beige jacket and showed off his warm appearance. At the end of the ambassador meeting, attention is focused on whether Suho and Youngro will choose each other as partners and how they will continue their relationship in the future.

0001386860_002_20211218081401450.jpg?type=w430

The production team of 'Snowdrop' said, "This is a scene where Suho and Youngro, who first met through a meeting, develop strange feelings for each other. Please watch how the two will continue their relationship." 

'Snowdrop' is a drama about the desperate love story of Suho, a prestigious university student, who ran bloody in a female dormitory in Seoul in 1987, and Youngro, a college student who hid and healed him in the midst of a crisis. 

Jung Hae-in, Ji-soo, Yoo In-na, Jang Seung-jo, Yoon Se-ah, Kim Hye-yoon, Jung Yu-jin, Heo Jun-ho, Park Seong-woong, Kim Jeong-nan, Jeong Hye-young, Lee Hwa-ryong, Baek Ji-won and other actors and writer Hyeon-mi Yoo of 'SKY Castle' and director Hyun-tak Cho reunite are making headlines. The story of a political conspiracy and espionage warfare in the background of the 1987 presidential election, and a romance that blossomed in the meantime, is drawing the public's attention. 

'Snowdrop' will premiere on the 18th at 10:30 PM. 

Photo = Drama House Studio, JTBC Studio

Correspondent Choi Hee-jae jupiter@xportsnews.com

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

JTBC has shared a sneak peek of Jung Hae In and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo’s first meeting in “Snowdrop”!

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” takes place in Seoul in 1987. The drama tells the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Young Ro (Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and takes care of him despite facing danger under close surveillance.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama capture Su Ho and Young Ro’s fateful first encounter. The two meet at a coffee shop with six other young men and women for their group blind date. Everyone seems to be looking forward to the blossoming romance. In particular, Kye Boon Ok (Kim Hye Yoon), a phone operator at the women’s university dorm, is attracting attention with her colorful outfit and bold makeup. Su Ho, who has never been to a blind date before, is wearing a beige jacket that highlights his warm nature. Will Su Ho and Young Ro choose each other as partners, and how will they continue their relationship in the future?

snowdrop-1.jpg

The drama’s production team stated, “This is a scene where Su Ho and Young Ro, who meet for the first time through a blind date, get strange feelings about each other. Please watch to see how their relationship will continue.”

JTBC’s “Snowdrop” premieres on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504336wpp/jung-hae-in-and-blackpinks-jisoo-have-an-intriguing-first-encounter-at-a-group-date-in-snowdrop

• Like 1
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ahead of the premiere of JTBC’s new drama “Snowdrop,” director Jo Hyun Tak and lead actors Jung Hae In and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo shared key points for viewers to look out for.

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” takes place in Seoul in 1987. The drama depicts the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university one day covered in blood, and Young Ro (Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and takes care of him despite facing danger under close surveillance.

Jung Hae In and Jisoo’s chemistry

snowdrop1.jpeg

Director Jo Hyun Tak picked Jung Hae In and Jisoo’s chemistry as a key point in the drama. He said, “Going beyond just simple chemistry, you can already feel the complete story when Jung Hae In and Jisoo stand next to each other. While filming, I always looked forward to their appearance.” He shared that Jung Hae In and Jisoo always took care to match up their emotions and movements on set. Jung Hae In praised his co-star by saying, “Jisoo is just Young Ro herself. Her expression of her character was amazing.” Jisoo responded by saying, “I was very fortunate to have Jung Hae In as my first acting partner.”

The ensemble cast and character immersion

Snowdrop-2.jpg

In addition to Jung Hae In and Jisoo, “Snowdrop” boasts a star-studded cast of Yoo In Na, Jang Seung Jo, Yoon Se Ah, Kim Hye Yoon, Jung Yoo Jin, Heo Joon Ho, Park Sung Woong, Kim Jung Nan, Jung Hye Young, Lee Hwa Ryong, and Baek Ji Won. These brilliant actors will play a diverse cast of characters. Director Jo said, “I want to emphasize the work of the ensemble cast of 70 actors who brought to life the terrible incidents that take place inside the dorm.” Jisoo added, “I hope that people can look out for the various stories of the diverse characters that appear.”

Blending genres of romance and spy action

Spoiler

Jung-Hae-In-Jisoo-21.jpg

Jung Hae In said, “There are a lot of diverse genres in ‘Snowdrop.'” Set amidst the political turmoil of 1987, “Snowdrop” is about the romance that blossoms in the middle of political conspiracies and spy work. In the teasers, Jisoo and Jung Hae In’s romance takes center stage, but the political leaders’ intelligence war adds a layer of tension to the drama.

Cinematography that takes you back to the 1980s

Spoiler

jung-shin-hye-kim-mi-soo-choi-hee-jin-sn

Jisoo said, “I want viewers to notice the beautiful cinematography created by director Jo Hyun Tak and the production staff.” In order to recreate the world of 1987, the staff recruited vintage sets, costumes, props, and makeup. Director Jo said, “From the costumes to the makeup, to the sets to the props, we think of the art direction on this drama as another main character in the story. The art director and I began preparing the set six months before filming started. Since the scale of the dorm is huge, we built a set to scale. We believe that the fashion, hair, makeup, and props of the time will bring back memories of the past. We worked with the best team, so I’m satisfied with and proud of the result.”

“Snowdrop” premieres on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504398wpp/jung-hae-in-blackpinks-jisoo-and-director-share-key-points-to-look-out-for-in-snowdrop

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• gm4queen changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Snowdrop, 설강화 - Sat & Sun @ 2230KST

Gettin' very distinct "Youth of May" vibes off of this.. Jisoo is so cute as Young Ro.. while Hae In is charming as Soo Ho.

I can feel the chemistry already LoL. There's a 7 year age gap between the leads. 

What a coincidence that Soo Ho just happened to crawl into Young Ro's dorm room huh LoL?

They have a hug.. a few wrist grabs.. and even touching of hands and this is just the first episode ha-ha. Can't wait for upcoming ep.

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

JTBC has shared a look at BLACKPINK’s Jisoo tending to Jung Hae In in tonight’s episode of “Snowdrop”!

Spoilers

In the second episode, Young Ro and the students in Room 207 decide to help Su Ho after meeting him during a blind date, despite knowing nothing about his true identity. The episode will follow their determination to assist him under the watchful eyes of officials from the Agency for National Security Planning and the dormitory housemother Pi Seung Hee (Yoon Se Ah).

In the newly released stills, Young Ro cautiously tends to Su Ho’s wounds by wrapping a bandage around his chest. Although they avoid eye contact, an air of excitement mixed with nervousness can be sensed as Young Ro looks at him.

Jisoo-Jung-Hae-In1.jpg

The drama’s producers commented, “Keep an eye out for how Su Ho, who is in danger, and Young Ro, who shows him sympathy, will overcome this crisis and spark a connection.”

The next episode of “Snowdrop” airs on December 19 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504506wpp/blackpinks-jisoo-comes-to-jung-hae-ins-aid-in-snowdrop

• Love 3

BLACKPINK Jisoo, a college freshman character transformation… passing score

2021.12.19. 2:28 PM
Reporter Kim Jae-won | SPORTSWORLD

0000600023_001_20211219142801502.jpg?type=w430

Black Pink's Jisoo transformed into a college freshman character and received a passing score for her first acting debut. 

Jisoo made her first appearance as an innocent and cheerful college student by taking on the role of Eun Young-ro, a freshman in the English department at Lake Women's University in the JTBC Saturday drama 'Seollganghwa', which was first aired on the 18th. 

From the appearance of sprinting to answer a call from the dormitory to the appearance of holding a spoon microphone and singing along to the song playing on the radio, Jisoo's character, Jisoo Pyo Youngro, a lively college student himself, made viewers smile. 

In particular, Jisoo drew the sympathy of those who had fallen in love by delicately depicting the emotions of first love that came unexpectedly at the age of 20. 

Young-ro, who first met Lim Su-ho (Jung Hae-in) at Bangting, accidentally bumped into Su-ho while trying to prevent the matchstick tower from collapsing. Youngro, who shyly avoided Suho's gaze when he touched him, later reunited with him at a record store. The figure of Young-ro, who was busy running away with his face red again, was cute without mercy. 

Jisoo's trembling expression, tone, and awkward behavior made him more immersed in the heart of Young-ro, who was conscious of the person he liked and did not know what to do. 

Yeongro pretended to be his girlfriend to protect Suho from Baekgoldan, and he couldn't calm his fluttering heart as he recalled the moment he hugged him. The line "Did you say something about love at first sight?", delivered by Jisoo in a voice that seemed to remind him, implied that his feelings for Suho had changed from liking to love.

Six months later, Suho is unconsciously collapsed in front of Young-ro who entered the dormitory room, and as the unpredictable bloody ending continues, interest in the next story is growing. 

'Snowdrop', which will show a romance between political conspiracy and espionage in the background of the 1987 presidential election, is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 10:30 pm on JTBC. 

Reporter Jaewon Kim jkim@sportsworldi.com

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/396/0000600023

• Like 3