Cha Tae Hyun 차태현

Guest Fleur

Guest Fleur

I just found out Cha Tae Hyun is coming to Singapore as a presenter at our national tv award ceremony!! I want to see him at the airport! Anyone has any flight details?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest nedenuleyn

Cha Tae-Hyun cast in new movie ‘SLOW VIDEO’
Actor Cha Tae-Hyun is cast in new movie SLOW VIDEO, which has him teaming up with director Kim Young-Tak for the third time.

Their first collaboration took place in 2008 film "Ba:Bo" with Kim Young-Tak working as the screenwriter for that film and then the duo teamed up once again in 2010 box-office hit "Hello Ghost" with Kim Young-Tak working as the screenwriter and director of that film.

SLOW VIDEO is also the second South Korean film to receive investment from "Fox International Productions," a subsidiary of 20th Century Fox. 2013 movie "Running Man" was the first film to receive funding from that company. Casting for the lead female role is yet to be determined, but actress Nam Sang-Mi is currently "high considering" the role. Storyline for SLOW VIDEO has yet to be revealed.
http://asianwiki.com/Slow_Video

SLOW VIDEO SOOMPI FORUM PAGE: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2020446/upcoming-movie-2014-slow-video-stars-cha-tae-hyun

Found this previous news with English gist to share :)
August 18, 2013
How much appearance payment do film stars get?
by hufsba13 Editor KOFAN.com l Korean article at Nate l 2012 Korean article  2012high_earners.jpg

Fans are always curious about how much money the major film stars receive for appearing in the movie.
This record is from 2012 and was revealed through SBS entertainment news program ‘Hanbam TV Entertainment’.
2012092436961_topearners.jpg
₩600,000,000 ($539,000) – Lee Byung-hun, Kim Yoon-suk, Song Kang-ho, Jang Dong-gun, Won-bin₩500,000,000 – Choi Min-sik, Ha Jung-woo, Kim Myung-min, Ha Ji-won₩400,000,000 – Hwang Jung-min, Kim Hye-soo, Cha Tae-hyun, Jun Ji-hyun, Lee Bum-soo, Park Hae-il, Son Ye-jin, Go Hyun-jung, Im Soo-jung, Soo-ae₩300,000,000 – Lee Min-jung, Lee Na-young, Um Jung-hwa 

• 2 months later...

I watched Cha Tae Hyun in 1n2d. At first, I didn't like him because whenever he was on screen he was laughing out loud and complaining about the games etc. I was annoyed by him and I couldn't stand him.As I continued to watch the show, I started to like his laughter and his complainments didn't annoy me anymore. He was in the "dislike" list of the members and now he is in my top 3. I like his sense of humor, I laugh along with him and I like his relationship with the other members.Tbh, he's not very nice to Kim Jong Min, he teases him sometimes. I don't know if it's because KJM just smiles but I don't get mad at CTH for teasing KJM. He is very close with my all time favorite Uhm Tae Woong. Their friendship is obvious, their love for each other is obvious. It was very nice of CTH and his wife to invite UTW to eat with them and when UTW's wife gave birth, CTH and his wife visited the hospital that day. CTH's wife even gave UTW's wife a gift. He took care of Joo Won. I'm not even going to start about his being a family man. Looking at his kids makes me smile. I would really want to meet CTH in person. He seems like a great man.CTH, always laugh out loud and roll on the floor while laughing. OK?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

January 23, 2014
Cha Tae Hyun's fans prepared dinner truck for his new film staffs

Source: STARN News 20140123083722_52e056329f451_1.jpg

Cha Tae Hyun's official fan club members prepared a meal truck for his new movie staffs.

On January 22nd, Cha Tae Hyun's official fan club members prepared a dinner truck a shooting set of movie 'Slow Video'.
The meal included a great number of different main dishes and side dishes, and portions for 100 people were prepared.
The fans also distributed can coffees, snacks, and ear caps to each staffs as well.
It is said that the staffs could continue exhaustive shooting with much more energy thanks to the fans' preparations.
Meanwhile, Cha Tae Hyun is recently shooting 'Slow Video' with Nam Sang Mi and Oh Dal Soo.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji jp@starnnews.com

• 3 weeks later...

Previous update character065.gif
January 10, 2014
[HanCinema's Lists] The Top 5 Korean Period Films of All-Time

Source: Hancinema.net
Korean period features are big business that, when done right, really do bring in the big bucks. The past few years, in particular, have yielded some stellar titles that have seriously resonated with local audiences. This trend is set to continue in 2014 as a host of new historical dramas and action flicks are lining up to try and capture the public's imagination by re-framing the past in unique and exciting ways. Some of the historical films to look out for in 2014 include: "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant", "A Touch of Zen" (Memories of the Sword), "Pirates", "The Huntresses", and "Battle Of Myeongryang"; but before we usher in these new historical yarns, here's a quick look at the five highest grossing Korean period films of all-time that this year's entries will hope to challenge.
5. "The Grand Heist" (2012)
photo389210.jpg
Director: Kim Joo-hoScreenplay: Kim Min-seong-IStars: Cha-Tae-hyeon, Oh Ji-ho, Min Hyo-rin, Seong Dong-il, Sin Jeong-geunLength: 121 minReleased: 2012/08/08Admissions: 4,908,695
4. "Arrow, The Ultimate Weapon" (2011)
photo389209.jpg
Director: Kim Han-minScreenplay: Kim Han-minStars: Park Hae-il, Ryoo Seung-ryongLength: 122 minReleased: 2011/08/10Admissions: 7,457,902
3. "The Face Reader" (2013)
photo389208.jpg
Director: Han Jae-rimScreenplay: Kim Dong-hyeokStars: Song Kang-ho, Lee Jeong-jae, Baek Yoon-sik, Jo Jeong-seok, Lee Jong-suk, Kim Hye-sooLength: 139 minReleased: 2013/09/11Admissions: 9,132,766
2. "The King and the Clown" (2005)
photo389206.jpg
Director: Lee Joon-ikScreenplay: Choi Seok-hwanStars: Kam Woo-seong, Jeong Jin-yeong, Kang Seong-yeon, Lee Joon-kiLength: 119 minReleased: 2005/12/29Admissions: 10,380,657
1. "Masquerade" (2012)
photo389207.jpg
Director: Choo Chang-minScreenplay: Hwang Jo-yoonStars: Lee Byeong-Heon, Ryoo Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo, Kim In-kwon, Jang GwangLength: 131 minReleased: 2012/09/13Admissions: 12,321,459

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

class="content-title" style="font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Cha Tae Hyun and f(x)’s Victoria Linked to Film “My Sassy Girl 2″crystalcove April 3, 2014 

cha-tae-hyun-victoria-my-sassy-girl-2-so

Along with the news that a “My Sassy Girl 2” film has been given the green-light for production, actor Cha Tae Hyun and f(x)‘s Victoria has been linked to the film.

Cha Tae Hyun has confirmed through his agency that he has received the scenario for the film, but nothing else has discussed. As for Victoria, her reps have stated that they have received an offer to appear in the film and are considering it positively.

If Cha Tae Hyun agrees to appear in this film, he will be taking up the same lead role from 13 years ago from the highly successful “My Sassy Girl” that starred both him and Jun Ji Hyun.

If Victoria accepts the film, “My Sassy Girl 2″ will be her screen debut.

“My Sassy Girl 2″ so far has been described as a sequel to “My Sassy Girl” and will be a China-Korea joint production. It is expected to start filming in the second half of this year. 

What do you think? Like the idea of a sequel? How about the possible cast?

I really don't want a sequel for My sassy girl, look at what happened for its kinda-prequel, Windstruck. It just would not feel the same. But If ever they do it again, I want Jeon Ji Hyun opposite him again, and they can title it My sassy wife... but still I hope they would not do it again...

• 2 weeks later...

April 15, 2014
A photo of Jang Dong Gun with Hyun Bin unveiled

Source: STARN News
20140414134417_534b67a05a616_1.jpg
A photo of Jang Dong Gun with Hyun Bin is becoming a hot issue.
On April 8th, the photo was uploaded on an online community board.
The photo shows actor Park Joong Hoong holding the camera to take a photo, and Jang Dong Gun and Hyun Bin are both showing comic facial expressions.
Cha Tae Hyun, Hwang Jung Min, and Joo Jin Mo are also making different poses, and a great number of Netizens are showing explosive reactions.
Netizens who saw the photo left comments, such as "Korea's top actors together," "Who hosted the dinner," and "What an amazing group."
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

April 15, 2014
What A Drinking Party That Consists of Korea’s Top Male Stars Looks Likehttp://www.soompi.com/2014/04/15/what-a-drinking-party-that-consists-of-koreas-top-male-stars-looks-like/#.U03qDVWSwsA

Korea’s top actors Hyun Bin, Jang Dong Gun, Park Joong Hoon, Joo Jin Mo, Hwang Jung Min and Cha Tae Hyun all reunited to have some dinner and a few drinks. This picture was posted on one of Jang Dong Gun’s fan websites under the title, “Recent drinking party.” 
Set as a selca taken by Park Joong Hoon, the picture gathered lots of attention as it showed many of the famous male actors who are quite hard to find other than in movies and dramas. Hwang Jung Min seems to be showing the fun through his comical expression, and Cha Tae Hyun through his V-Sign.
Netizens who saw the picture wrote, “The best drink party with the best casting,” “So handsome. They look like they’re having a fun time.”
On another note, Jang Dong Gun and Hyun Bin are making their movie comebacks through “Crying Man” and “The Fatal Encounter,” respectively. As for Joo Jin Mo, he is starring in the historical drama “Empress Ki,” Hwang Jung Min is making two movies “Gukje Market” that is due to be released in the later part of 2014 and “Veteran” which will be out in 2015.  Cha Tae Hyun is doing well with the variety show “1 Night, 2 Days” and is currently filming a new movie titled “Slow Video.” Plus, there will be a remake of Park Joong Hoon’s movie “Top Star” for which he directed.
Drinking-Party.jpg

• 2 months later...

June 20, 2014
'Sassy Girl' to be made into drama
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE  Korea JoongAng Daily

19200057.jpg
One of Korea’s most memorable rom-com films “My Sassy Girl,” starring Cha Tae-hyun and Jun Ji-hyun, will return in a drama adaptation, according to local reports yesterday.
The adaptation, which is set to finish next year, reportedly has shown no significant progress in the past two years since a contract was signed with its drama production company Raemongraein. 
However, with the film’s female lead Jun reigniting a Hallyu syndrome with her recent SBS drama “My Love From the Star,” the movie was revisited by many Asian fans, which caused the drama’s production to proceed quicker than expected.
The film “My Sassy Girl,” which opened in 2001, attracted more than five million moviegoers. The film was remade into an American movie and a Japanese drama in 2008. 
The cast for the drama is yet to be confirmed. 

• 2 months later...

September 19, 2014
Cha Tae-hyun in 'Slow Video'
PYH2014091905340031500_P2.jpg

Actor Cha Tae-hyun poses during an interview with Yonhap News Agency in Seoul on Sept. 19, 2014. Cha starred in the new film "Slow Video," the story of a man working at a CCTV control center who has the ability to see things that other people cannot. (Yonhap) (END)

September 24, 2014
Cha Tae Hyun, “My Brother Produced The Movie ‘A Hard Day’… and Only Trusted In Me?!”
Source: BNTNews
vd4ces4enolj6tsjivncq3uwfz5wrtxc.jpg
[by Sora Ghim] On MBC ‘Golden Fishery- Radio Star’ three members of the cast of ‘Slow Video’ came out as guests. 
Among these three, actor Cha Tae Hyun, the man with a thousand faces revealed that his older brother is actually a producer of the films, ‘The Grand Heist’ and ‘A Hard Day.’ An average company worker, his brother spontaneously decided to join the movie business, dropping his steady job and joining a movie production company. Cha Tae Hyun’s parents did not believe in their son but instead trusted in Cha Tae Hyun. He revealed the reason as to why he was not able to trust his brother.
Throughout the recording, Cha Tae Hyun played with the MCs, proving his comedic sense. Also on the show were actor Kim Kang Hyun and director Kim Young Tak. (photo by MBC)

September 24, 2014
MY NEW SASSY GIRL Takes Shape as China-Korea Co-ProductionFilming Starts Late September by Pierce Conran  KOBIZ
VoOGaozOQrJzocFcxqMD.jpg
CHA Tae-hyun is about to reprise his role from the classic romantic comedy My Sassy Girl (2001), 14 years after the original became a global sensation. Having taken shape as a co-production between Korea and China, the sequel, title My New Sassy Girl, will go into production later this month with JOH Keun-shik at the helm.  The new instalment will follow CHA’s character as he gets married to his childhood sweetheart. Korea’s Shincine will produce, marking their first production in 10 years, along with the Chinese outfit Beijing Sky Wheel Media. The co-produced project, which has a budget of RMB32 million ($5.2 million), is the first to go before cameras since the ratification of the China-Korea co-production treaty. Though Gianna JUN is not penciled in to reprise the role that shot her to stardom, Victoria, an actress of Chinese origin and member of k-pop group f(x), will play opposite CHA as his new love interest. JOH Keun-shik returns to the director’s chair nine years after his last outing, the melodrama Once in a Summer (2006). He debuted with the high school film Conduct Zero in 2002. My New Sassy Girl is set to have a simultaneous release in Korea and China in May 2015.

Archived