[Drama 2021] How to be 30/Not Yet 30, 아직 낫서른

0ly40

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hye Ryeong is acting like an obsessed crazed psycho. Then again Seung Yoo isn't helping by clearing the misunderstanding with Ji Won. 

Ji Won should really confront Seung Yoo about it, she's jumping into conclusions on her own which is worse. 

I was nervous to see 2 glasses of drinks on the table 'cause I was afraid Hye Ryeong was goin' to throw it at her which is common in K-dramas. 

Geez how long are they going to drag this out LoL?! Like talk it out already or break up! Ji Won should go with the director. Appearance wise they look more compatible. Seung Yoo looks way too young. 

That Hye Ryeong just won't let up aish. Can't stand the noona-dongsaeng couple. Ugh way too cringey. Don't know to drop this or not.. 

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Geez how long are they going to drag this out LoL?! Like talk it out already or break up! Ji Won should go with the director. Appearance wise they look more compatible. Seung Yoo looks way too young. 

That Hye Ryeong just won't let up aish. Can't stand the noona-dongsaeng couple. Ugh way too cringey. Don't know to drop this or not.. 

LOL your post is so funny. I like the noona dongsaeng couple but I really do wish the guy would tone down on the cute jun hyung, jun hyung, jun hyung thing lol. As for the main couple, I can't even deal, I think they do suit each other (same as jiwon and second lead) but they can't even communicate, just dragging us through unnecessary stress. 

@cnblueminhyuk

Glad I entertained ya:kiss_wink:

I guess Min Hyuk is typecast LoL. He's currently seen on "Oh Master" but as a second lead, and he look exactly the same as he does here. Even his dialogue is almost the same LoL geez. 

Yea South Koreans love that whole "aegyo' thing ugh:unamused: I think I remembered hearing my neighbour's husband (he's Korean) complain his wife (she's Malaysian) lack aegyo and has no charm WoW. No I really can't stand Jun Young/Ran Joo.:tounge_wink:

There's like 5 ep. left? So they're going to go around in circles with Ji Won, Seung Yoo. Seung Yoo kind of creeps me out though. 

20 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@cnblueminhyuk

Glad I entertained ya:kiss_wink:

I guess Min Hyuk is typecast LoL. He's currently seen on "Oh Master" but as a second lead, and he look exactly the same as he does here. Even his dialogue is almost the same LoL geez. 

Yea South Koreans love that whole "aegyo' thing ugh:unamused: I think I remembered hearing my neighbour's husband (he's Korean) complain his wife (she's Malaysian) lack aegyo and has no charm WoW. No I really can't stand Jun Young/Ran Joo.:tounge_wink:

There's like 5 ep. left? So they're going to go around in circles with Ji Won, Seung Yoo. Seung Yoo kind of creeps me out though. 

Yeah, when I saw the teaser of oh Master episode 3, it literally looked like Seungyoo walked straight into the drama lol

17 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I hope they deal with it, next episode but I don't know.

At least, I'm glad I have oh Master to distract with me while jiwon and seungyoo sort out their shenanigans, I like oh Master but I'm so not looking forward to the love triangle aspect, I really hope they don't make it too annoying 

3 hours ago, cnblueminhyuk said:

At least, I'm glad I have oh Master to distract with me while jiwon and seungyoo sort out their shenanigans, I like oh Master but I'm so not looking forward to the love triangle aspect, I really hope they don't make it too annoying 

I hope they move it along soon.

Yeah, I am watching that as well. same.

I loved those scenes where they were just drinking together. Those slice of life elements. 

I believe the web format is hurting the drama. Now we have the lingering main romance where i agree that it drags a little. On the other side they don't really have any time to develop anything else or at least they chose not to. 3rd FL is barely in the drama. And for Hani it's mostly the fluff romance coupled with a tiny bit of work. And why do the younger boyfriends always get depicted as puppies who apotheosize their grilfriends? I agree it's over the top and feels a little flat.

I think if the drama was planned as a 5-6 regular episodes mini series it would have inclined them to get more straight to the point and have less of those lingering plotlines. And you could give the 3rd FL a few extended scenes instead of those 1 minute bits squeezed in as an afterthought because of the serialized format.

All that said i enjoy the drama and probably more than most from what i've seen. There is just some lost potential which is a shame because it has some fresh elements.

Yeah I think she will land up with the second lead. And since she was honest with the second lead about dating LSY and the two timing scenario also is unfolding before the second lead’s eyes I think he will be sympathetic towards her too especially if she tells him that she dumped him after becoming aware of the two timing. I also think he is able to Understand her through her books and their communication is open and direct. There are no games they communicate and argue kind of freely. It’s a more mature and stable relationship.

I think LSY is the type of character who has always revelled in the attention he received and he hasn’t been committed to anyone yet. And he suddenly developed feelings this time around and still felt that Ji won will be with him cause every girl before him fell for him and was ready to please/impress him. That’s just not fair. He hasn’t been fair to any relationship so far and really needs to do some soul searching about his shallow attitude. He was in a relationship and broke up with LHR only after he started dating Ji won.

Even after the umbrella scene when he told Ji won he missed her he still was with LHR in the car. And still he has the audacity to get angry at Ji won for being with the director and being so blatant and rude to both of them. Double standards  at their best display.

Really he has attention, love, lust, emotions, self importance and self entitlement really mixed up and really needs to be a more responsible and grounded person. I feel bad for the actor at being given such a shallow character. 

also Ji won seems to be his only unfulfilled-crush/ rejection and given his history for girls falling for him all the time I don’t think he can handle that. 

Seung Yoo is problematic. And he acted like a possessive jerk in front of the director when he's the real problem! 

So Seung Yoo has always been popular with the girls, enjoys the attention & indulged the girls - just to be nice? Really LoL pleaaassee. 

I don't even care who Ji Won ends up with. She's as wishy washy as Seung Yoo. Hye Ryeong is WoW (slow claps) 

This drama is centred on a bunch of thirty somethings but everyone's still stuck at high school mentally. 

On 4/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, Raynaa said:

Yeah I think she will land up with the second lead. And since she was honest with the second lead about dating LSY and the two timing scenario also is unfolding before the second lead’s eyes I think he will be sympathetic towards her too especially if she tells him that she dumped him after becoming aware of the two timing. I also think he is able to Understand her through her books and their communication is open and direct. There are no games they communicate and argue kind of freely. It’s a more mature and stable relationship.

I think LSY is the type of character who has always revelled in the attention he received and he hasn’t been committed to anyone yet. And he suddenly developed feelings this time around and still felt that Ji won will be with him cause every girl before him fell for him and was ready to please/impress him. That’s just not fair. He hasn’t been fair to any relationship so far and really needs to do some soul searching about his shallow attitude. He was in a relationship and broke up with LHR only after he started dating Ji won.

Even after the umbrella scene when he told Ji won he missed her he still was with LHR in the car. And still he has the audacity to get angry at Ji won for being with the director and being so blatant and rude to both of them. Double standards  at their best display.

Really he has attention, love, lust, emotions, self importance and self entitlement really mixed up and really needs to be a more responsible and grounded person. I feel bad for the actor at being given such a shallow character. 

also Ji won seems to be his only unfulfilled-crush/ rejection and given his history for girls falling for him all the time I don’t think he can handle that. 

LOL @ feeling bad for the actor for playing a shallow role, I do like that he's playing this role, it's hopefully the beginning of Minhyuk going on to challenge many more versatile roles, I'd hate for him to be typecast playing only goody too shoes. 

By the way, I actually liked episode 12 more than all past episodes, I think it had more tension and that was able to make me ignore the annoying flashbacks. 

2 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Seung Yoo is problematic. And he acted like a possessive jerk in front of the director when he's the real problem! 

So Seung Yoo has always been popular with the girls, enjoys the attention & indulged the girls - just to be nice? Really LoL pleaaassee. 

I don't even care who Ji Won ends up with. She's as wishy washy as Seung Yoo. Hye Ryeong is WoW (slow claps) 

This drama is centred on a bunch of thirty somethings but everyone's still stuck at high school mentally. 

LOL I agree but i still find myself feeling sorry for him, Urghh this drama is stressing me out, I need it to end like today. 

I have caught up on this show, and I really hope Ji Won does not end up with the ML. Either SL or alone. I actually like what little we have seen of the SL so far, but they need to show us more. 

The ML thinks that he is being kind, but I think he is being selfish. It was less about sparing a girls feelings and more about being liked and not being the bad guy. If this last episode was supposed to make us see it from his side, I think it just made him look worse. I think he genuinely cares for Ji Won, but he should just take this as a learning experience. Be more honest, and try better next time. 

I missed the second couple, I think they're adorable. I also need to see more of the third friend, we don't see enough of her story.

8 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I have caught up on this show, and I really hope Ji Won does not end up with the ML. Either SL or alone. I actually like what little we have seen of the SL so far, but they need to show us more. 

The ML thinks that he is being kind, but I think he is being selfish. It was less about sparing a girls feelings and more about being liked and not being the bad guy. If this last episode was supposed to make us see it from his side, I think it just made him look worse. I think he genuinely cares for Ji Won, but he should just take this as a learning experience. Be more honest, and try better next time. 

I missed the second couple, I think they're adorable. I also need to see more of the third friend, we don't see enough of her story.

8 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Agreed, I wish they used some of those unnecessary Flashback scenes to focus on the 3rd friend, she's sort of written like an afterthought or something and it's a waste of her talents. 

Not sure what the  issue with the show is it’s the format or the short duration or that some scenes are unnecessarily long but I really can’t understand what the series is trying to show? With just 2 episodes left it’s too short a time to tie out ends and for the FL to have a proper story with the Second lead. Possibly she will land up alone at this rate. It’s so confusingggg.

it’s one of those shows that I can’t get my head around and yet I can’t stop watching it for some reason!

With only two episodes left I hope Ji Won ends up by herself, with maybe a hint of a future with SML. I like their scenes together. 

Its hard to get a timeline in the show. Like how long did Ji Won and the ML date, before everything went south. How long has the second couple been together. 

I continue liking the second couple, I think its cute that he makes dinner for her. However, again what is he doing with the rest of his time? 

I really hope that in the next episode he doesn't save her from the scandal (somehow), and then she is so grateful that she forgives him. 

I wouldn't mind some type of sit down conversation to give both characters closure and a better ending....as long as its an ending. 

No reason to mention the third friend, cause the show doesn't seem to care about her either. 

Archived