[Drama 2021] Monster/Beyond Evil, 괴물

0ly40

I so agree, I am loving LDHs scenes (I hope we get to see more younger Dongsik)

We got more flashbacks on what happened to Min-Jeong in this episode (EP 6) I think there is something up with Min-Jeong  dad? (Could he be the killer -It is just a guess)

Okay so the one she sees is the cop Jeong-je he walks her home. Both Oh Ji Hoon and her dad see this. OMG her dad what???. I think he did it. I think I am about 90-100% sure he did it. Can Han Joo Won and Dong Shik together please. 

Okay now I am between the killer being her dad or still the cop Jeong-je.

I also think that police chief and  Joo-Won `s father cover up/ hide evidence about the serial killer case. That`s what I suspect right now.( Even more after this episode)

OMG that ending wow.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

I did not watch the preview. I always thought that she might be a next victim but I really hope Jae-Yi  will be alright. I like her.

Seeing the preview it seems quite likely to happen. I think we all anticipated that, her age matches ones of the victims, although there have been older ones too. So I did think that if there is going to be a victim, it could be her, and the timing I thought for it to happen was the one when it happened to Min Jung. Min Jung was not shown when it came to my mind so she was the only person I thought it could be, since I was sure someone close to Dong Shik would end up dead. 

Now after about 6 episodes and also suspecting her a bit in the start, her character has grown on me, and I really hope she does not die. But the kdrama Gods are more cruel in such dramas :evilelmo:

1 hour ago, larus said:

I think Dong Sik started to suspect Jin Mook recently. I also believe that he can`t reveal his suspisious without any evidence. I think he realised that Jin Mook was and still is a sneaky opponent, hard to catch.

Well yeah, I think he has been suspecting him since the disappearance of Min Jung. You see, he wasn't as shocked or suspicious of Jung Je when Ji Hun told him that he was the one who left with Min Jung, and I think it is because he was already suspecting Jin Mook more than anyone. I think he saw something or something happened which led him to think that way. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

@Sleepy Owl, I believe both the girls are dead. He buried them in a close vicinity, somewhere they did not search. I wish at least Min Jung was alive but I am not optimistic here. 

Well, she could be buried in his small back yard too where we saw him prepare his Kimchi, or somewhere in his basement. You see, this guy is sly and smart, will be interesting to see where hid all those bodies. Maybe Min Jung is alive, but for Yu Yeon to be alive, I also think the chances are slim, but hope that maybe she is.

I think even Joo Won might get to suspect him, since he now thinks that the woman who sent as part of his sting operation could have remembered to see someone from the picture he showed her, and it could be anyone from it. He also came to the conclusion that it might not be a Police officer, and the ones not Police Officer in that photo are him and Jae Yi. So I can him getting the same conclusion soon. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I think, the reason Dong Shik was agitated that night (when Min Jung disappeared) was because he must have left to meet her and somehow found her mobile? He sure knew something happened to her that night and that's why he was suspecting almost everyone. 

In this episode, it was quite clear that Dong Shik has been suspecting Jin Mook here, and the reason he just can't do is because of his condition. No one will believe him until or unless he brings out a solid evidence, which is hard to find right now. Also I do agree that there is a chance that Min Jung and Yu Yeon are alive since their bodies were not found yet. He did say looking at the picture "Min Jung you will have to stay with me longer" or something similar. So there is a high chance that he is keeping them or at least Min Jung alive for now. I am not even suspecting whether his wife actually left him or did was she killed the same way. 

@larus@Sleepy OwlDong Shik needs to find a trusting partner to help him, someone who doesn't have tie to the town or influenced by its people.  There is no one for him to trust, even his Chief.  He still feels the guilt of his last partner's death... and feels he cannot make another mistake that could kill another person.  I agree, he is not physically fit to handle a killer so he is using his keen mind to play crazy while investigating and gathering evidences.  

This is the timetable that night, gather from what we saw and Jin Mook's statement to Joon Woo. 

7pm   Chief Nam, policeman met in front of precinct, planning to go to restaurant at 8pm.  Ji Hoon has already left to catch up with Min Jung to give her the hangover shot.  At the same time, Dong Sik left home, declining the invite to eat, said he was tired.  

7:07pm   He stopped at the bridge and called her, Min Jung ended the conversation when she saw Jung Je.  He has her keys wanting to return to her. Dong Sik suffered painful cramps on his right leg.   I think his leg was broken or ligaments were torn and he never got it properly treated, thus the painful episodes.  Continue on, I suspect he did walk toward Min Jung's house... he fully knows Jin Mook would be upset at her sneaking out of the house, esp when she has not taken off the manicured nails.  He must know JinMook's reactions over the manicure or he understood that the killer is still out there hunting for victims. 

7:00pm Jin Mook testified is around the time Min Jung came home.... which obviously not true, since she talked on the phone with Dong Sik at 7:07pm (I got the time from his phone).

7:17pm   Jin Mook also testified that Ji Hoon called

8:33pm Ji Hoon came to the market looking for mageoli... they left together to restaurant when Chief Nam called. The clock confirmed that time.

11: 20pm  Jin Mook testified that he came home with Dong Sik yet DS didn't reveal this fact or use Jin Mok as alibi for that night when they investigated him the next day.  Joo Woon is puzzled.  It's like Jung Jae testified as alibi for Dong Sik but in fact, it is using DS as his own alibi.

So there is a block of time 7:07-8:33pm that needed to be investigated.  Min Jung died during that time frame.  We really need Jung Jae back!!!! Dong Sik must have come home after walking over the bridge.  He was in pain.  He may have stopped by Jin Mook's house to return the keys but  no one answered so went home to find the fingers in the black bag on the table at his house.  This is why he was so distraught.  He returned to the restaurant in a complete mess, and keep staring at Jin Mook that night.  In the middle of that night, he returned the fingers to Jin Mook and cleaned up his place.  The bag leaked a single drop of blood on the table.  

Dong Sik still has Min Jung's house keys, he might have found the phone searching her place, we still don't know.  Or she dropped it on the way home.

Jung Jae and his deer head drawings... one on a policeman body too.  I wonder if this has anything to do with where the bodies are kept.

5 hours ago, larus said:

@Sleepy Owl, I believe both the girls are dead. He buried them in a close vicinity, somewhere they did not search. I wish at least Min Jung was alive but I am not optimistic here. 

I think Dong Sik started to suspect Jin Mook recently. I also believe that he can`t reveal his suspisious without any evidence. I think he realised that Jin Mook was and still is a sneaky opponent, hard to catch.

I am hanging onto hope that Min Jung may still be alive.  Yu Yeon, DS needs to find her body for closure.  I don't think Jin Mook has disposed Min Jung body from what he mumbled in front of her their pic.  

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well, she could be buried in his small back yard too where we saw him prepare his Kimchi, or somewhere in his basement. You see, this guy is sly and smart, will be interesting to see where hid all those bodies. Maybe Min Jung is alive, but for Yu Yeon to be alive, I also think the chances are slim, but hope that maybe she is.

I think even Joo Won might get to suspect him, since he now thinks that the woman who sent as part of his sting operation could have remembered to see someone from the picture he showed her, and it could be anyone from it. He also came to the conclusion that it might not be a Police officer, and the ones not Police Officer in that photo are him and Jae Yi. So I can him getting the same conclusion soon. 

Ohhh, that opening shot of JinMook taking the kimchi out was great.  I too thought about how it is a perfect place to hide the bodies. LOL.  And he passed those kimchi to the policemen..... yuk, the thought, how the camera lingers on the kimchi tupperware... red... blood.... :omg:

We have been shown the suspected killer.  How about motive?  Why kill all these women?  What is the common link between female illegal immigrants and Min Jung/Bang Ju Seon/Yu Yeon?  Some of the women are not in Manyang, how did Jin Mook leave town and when (if he ever did)?  This is puzzling for me, why I feel there is more than 1 killer... Jung Je or someone else for instance.

We still need to see what councilwoman Do, JL construction Lee,  Chief Nam and Joo Won's roles are in the crimes 20 years ago when Dong Sik was conveniently framed.  We have many parallel stories going that converged 20 years ago when Dong Sik was pinned to cover up their actions.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the photo Ju Won showed Ms Lee the undercover informant?  I need to recall who were there and why it was taken?  Who took the pic btw?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Nice detective work there:thumbsup:

But I did not realised this part:

29 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

... went home to find the fingers in the black bag on the table at his house...

Or is that your guess?

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Really good acting by the cast.  Top notch acting by Yeo Jin Goo and Shin Ha Kyun. Excellent. Every scene wiht them confronting  each other. The policie station interrogation always brings that banter, but outside  of the sub station, the  Dong sik and Ju Won emotions tumble and  They're just .. it's brilliant.  The level of acting!

The whole of the drama definitely mental and psycho thriller. Credit to the writer for the quality writing for each of the scenes. The exchange. The confrontation. The revelation..that isn't a revelation.  The editing. and the directing. Even the bgm music.  It's really that good.

From episode 2 and previous, I suspected Jin Mook and I still do and hasn't change.  Everybody's suspiscious. Everyone's protecing someone in their own way. When they were at JM house. Dong Sik went to the bathroom look around. He was nervouse because he noticed.. The tooth brush, the stuff in the pail. And yeas Dong Sik has the phone of Min Jung....ha!

Top tier acting!

"Kimchi never look this suspicious".   we know right.

allt wt post ctto as tag.

Btw, I'm thinking...   Jeong Je 20 yrs ago witness the killing?!  he's got trauma. He's mental.I mean hearing voices.  Maybe repressing memory. Dong is protecting him.. because... maybe it's the same how Ji Hoon is protecting  Dong sik. 

To chingus here thanks for sharing other thoughts.. enjoyed reading them and theories too.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

Or is that your guess?

It's a guess hahahhaha.  I do recall DS brought the fingers in a black bag LOL Am I wrong?

@jongskiwhat do you think of the missing towel?  That's what DS is looking for in the bathroom.  Did he see the towels soaked with blood?

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

@bedifferent, good post. I agree with you. I also believe that he was so distraught after returning to the restaurant because what he found. He knew that Min Jung was the victim of the serial killer before she was official a victim. At this point I tent to believe that someone wanted to frame him or wants to play a mind game with him. Poor Dong Sik! He doesn`t have the luxury to wait for justice to be done. He has to find the killer and survive on its own (when everyone still have some doubts about his involvment in the old case).

I hope Dong Sik will find a good partner in Joo won, someone who can trust and viceversa.

@jongski, so many people are suspisious and we`ll have to find out many things. I really like this drama and I like that the writer concentrated on characters.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, bedifferent said:

We have been shown the suspected killer.  How about motive?  Why kill all these women?  What is the common link between female illegal immigrants and Min Jung/Bang Ju Seon/Yu Yeon?  Some of the women are not in Manyang, how did Jin Mook leave town and when (if he ever did)?  This is puzzling for me, why I feel there is more than 1 killer... Jung Je or someone else for instance.

If based on MJ and JM's last exchange, JM seems to sense that MJ finds him weird or looks down on him. That might be the motive if JM is the killer? I also wonder if there is another killer. Since JW was investigating on trafficking, I was wondering if there is a possibility that some of the missing people might be linked to that instead of actually being killed. But just a really really wild suspicion.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

What a drama! Just managed to catch up and so intrigued with everything that is going on, there's still so much mystery surrounding the town everyone has a story to tell. Although, they have revealed the killer, there is still so many questions that need to be answered and more mysteries to be uncovered! 

Jin Mook is absolutely insane can't believe he would do that to his own daughter, but she did mention that her father gave her 'goose bumps'. For some reason I think Min Jung is still alive, I don't think he would've just killed his daughter like that, instead he is probably keeping her locked up in that messed up room where he cut off her fingers.

For some crazy reason I keep thinking that Yoo Yeon is still alive and is involved in the whole thing, like faked her disappearance and has been helping with the murders? I know it sounds absolutely insane, but I just get a feeling that there is more to it than her just disappearing or being buried somewhere where police can't find her. Even crazier maybe Jin Mook kidnapped Yoo Yeon and kept her in a basement because he was in love with her and she is Min Jung's mum ? I mean they said that the mum just up and left after giving birth.

Okay I'll stop with the crazy theories let's just wait till episode 7!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

The titles for each episode are so accurate and apt for each and for scenes.

Episode 1: The Appearance 

Episode 2. The Disappearance

Episode 3: Smile

Episode 4: Cried

Episode 5: The Deceit

Episode 6: To Deceive

"He creeps me out" - Min Jung, Ep 6 refering to  Jin Mook

all twt post cto as tag.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

15 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Since JW was investigating on trafficking, I was wondering if there is a possibility that some of the missing people might be linked to that instead of actually being killed. But just a really really wild suspicion.

Do you think the female immigrant cases are related to Joo Won's father, councilwoman and CEO Lee?  Separate from Jin Mook's case since the women's feet are tied with a bow, like a gift.  I can't see Jin Mook bothers with this refined touch.  He's more crude.  Can't see him buying fancy shoes and nice ribbons.

8 hours ago, Gretule said:

For some crazy reason I keep thinking that Yoo Yeon is still alive and is involved in the whole thing, like faked her disappearance and has been helping with the murders? 

Ohhhh I want her to be alive too for Dong Sik.  Poor him :sad1:He's crushed.  I feel he is hard on himself because he should have noticed all the red flags being a policeman.  The way he looked when Jin Mook was giving testimonies to Joo Won.  He knew she would not have been able to unlock the doors because he has the house keys.  He ran to the bathroom feeling sick and disoriented but gathered himself right away to keep JM unsuspected.

Does anyone have an idea what happened to Min Jung's towel?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Just registered to soompie because I really like this kdrama (Beyond Evil) and I don't see any discussion elsewhere.
Really like the posts here. So comprehensive.

RE: As for the ML or SML being a killer
I think its a moot point now. This is talking about kdrama in general. I doubt they will have a lead as a killer.
The closest we got was Flower of Evil

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Its sad how DS' life changed after that event from the past.

He is lonely, I dont think he ever had a girlfriend.

I think Juwon was transferred to Munju police station at the right time.

They both need stop playing mental games and to start cooperating.

All members of the police station are protecting each other but they failed to protect the victims.

Im most sorry for Min Jung. Nobody helped her.

Im a little disappointed If Dongsik  suspected JM for a long time because DS is the one who always brought MJ

home.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Do you think the female immigrant cases are related to Joo Won's father, councilwoman and CEO Lee?  Separate from Jin Mook's case since the women's feet are tied with a bow, like a gift.  I can't see Jin Mook bothers with this refined touch.  He's more crude.  Can't see him buying fancy shoes and nice ribbons.

Yes this is what I am thinking :joy: But I tend to make really wild guesses whenever I watch shows so I might be absolutely wrong hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1