Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ephoenix

[Upcoming movie 2021] Concrete Utopia, 콘크리트 유토피아 - Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young

Recommended Posts

August 4, 2020

    
                     :hooray: 
 CONCRETE UTOPIA 

    콘크리트 유토피아 2021

 


768-BCEA0-8184-4703-BA14-3-FB8-D923-BECB
 

Lee Byung Hun, Park Bo Young, And Park Seo Joon Confirmed For New Disaster Thriller Film

Source: Naver 
 

“Concrete Utopia” (working title) has announced its lineup of leading actors!

 

Lotte Entertainment confirmed on August 4 that Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon and Park Bo Young will be starring in the upcoming Disaster thriller.
 

The film is about those who survived in a city that went to ruins after a massive earthquake destroyed all the concrete.

 

It is a new adaptation based on the second part of Kim Sung Nyung’s webtoon "Joyful Outcast," which has gained popularity for it’s portrayal of a bare human nature changing in the face of an unexpected disaster through Lezhin Comics since 2014. It depicts the struggles of survivors inside and outside of the apartment against the backdrop of a devastated city where a huge earthquake swept away all concrete.

 

Lee Byung-hun plays the role of Young-tak, a temporary resident representative who leads the imperial palace apartment with firm determination and action in times of crisis. Lee Byung-hun, who has shown amazing transformation in each work from "Inside Men" to "The Man Standing Next," is expected to create another unforgettable and intense character through his role as leader Young-tak, who does not mind any risks to protect his apartment from outsiders.
 

Park Seo-joon, who recently captivated viewers with his screen performances such as "midnight runners" and "Divine Fury," plays Min-sung, who becomes his strong helper after being picked out by Young-tak as an ordinary salary man. Park Seo-joon, who played Min-sung, who was a sincere husband and civil servant but is gradually changing drastically in the face of a crisis, will show a wide spectrum of performances going to and from the extremes.
 

Park Bo-young of "On Your Wedding," which drew 2.8 million people in 2018, will make a comeback on the screen through a masterpiece role in "Concrete Utopia." Myung-hwa, Min-sung's wife, is a warm and solid person who is a former nurse and calmly takes care of the injured in extreme situations. Park Bo-young will introduce a new transformation into an attractive character with humanity and toughness.

 

Disaster film “Concrete Utopia” is Uhm Tae Hwa’s first project in four years since “Vanishing time: A Boy who returned.” 
 

Filming is reportedly scheduled to begin in March 2021.

 

504-D0156-ACD6-4-D38-9-B30-5-C0-F128121-
Director: Uhm Tae-Hwa 

 

Casts:  Lee Byung Hun   //  Park Seo Joon  //  Park Bo Young

Director: UhmTaeHwa 

Writer:

Distributors: Lotte Entertainment

 

Asianwiki // Naver 

 

Forum rules 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

Dropping by just to say thank you for creating this thread! @Ephoenix

So excited for the movie!

 

You're welcome and I'm super excited as well to have these acting powerhouses in the same movie. Can't wait for Young-tak and Min-sung scenes.:wub:

  • Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so excited, but it’s such a long journey to wait. They will started filming just in March... :criesariver: 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

I’m so excited, but it’s such a long journey to wait. They will started filming just in March... 

 

I know!! :tears: And the uncertainty of everything with this ongoing pandemic scares me so much. Just wishing for them to safely finish the projects they been working on at the moment and on time so they can start on CU at its scheduled time.

 

Meanwhile, I'm excited for the announcement of rest of the casts that will join this dream team.:cutekitty:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.ajudaily.com/view/20200810094731766
Actors Lee Byung-hun and Park Seo-jun to star in film adaptation of webcomic series


Park Sae-jin Reporter(swatchsjp@ajunews.com) | August 10, 2020


164D5417-56B8-4522-9D0D-D249FC0F5F5E.png
[Courtesy of BH Entertainment and Awesome Entertainment.]

 

SEOUL -- Popular South Korean actors Lee Byung-hun and Park Seo-jun and actress Park Bo-young will star in the film adaptation of "Happy Boy," a mystery science fiction webcomic series published by Lehzin Comics, a webcomics service operator.

 

Web cartoons, widely known as webtoons or webcomics, are digital comic books created to fit into web or mobile platforms. South Korea is the birthplace of webtoons, with its webtoon market valued at one trillion won ($841 million). South Korean digital comic books are popular in East Asia.


Lezhin Comics said in a statement that Lee Byung-hun, Park Se-jun and Park Bo-young will play the main roles in "Concrete Utopia" (working title) to be released in 2021. Director Uhm Tae-hwa will produce the sci-fi film. Happy Boy, the original story created by Kim Sung-nyung, depicts a story about a group of high school students that struggles to survive in a post-apocalyptic environment after an unknown event has devastated the world. 


"I'm looking forward to seeing how the movie depicts the change people go through when placed in extreme situations and the themes of preserving one's humanity in the process," Kim was quoted as saying.


Lezhin Comics provides online and mobile webcomics services in South Korea and other countries such as the United States, Japan and France. Being consumed anywhere using smartphones, digital cartoon content has become a daily necessity, especially among young people.


Lezhin Studios, the video content-making wing of Lezhin Comics, will produce the film adaptation of Happy Boy. It is currently working on the remake version of D.P Dog's Day, one of Lezhin Comics' most-read webtoon series, that will be released through Netflix in 2021. Lezhin Studios is also producing three webtoon-based films including "Hell" (working title), a Netflix Original film scheduled for release in 2021.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it will be not direct, but mostly loose adaptation that keeps just some elements and story points. I also wonder if they will touch on the theme what actually caused devastation. Because they said it’s “dark sci-fi”. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I guess it will be not direct, but mostly loose adaptation that keeps just some elements and story points. I also wonder if they will touch on the theme what actually caused devastation. Because they said it’s “dark sci-fi”. 

  

I guess mostly the surviving in a post apocalyptic environment is similar. Our main characters so far are all adults. About the cause of devastation, I think they will and it doesn't sound like an ordinary earthquake. Also, the mention of protecting the residents of the apartment from "Outsiders" feels like the invaders are extraterrestrial beings. :huh:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 12:45 AM, Ephoenix said:

  

I guess mostly the surviving in a post apocalyptic environment is similar. Our main characters so far are all adults. About the cause of devastation, I think they will and it doesn't sound like an ordinary earthquake. Also, the mention of protecting the residents of the apartment from "Outsiders" feels like the invaders are extraterrestrial beings. :huh:


I think you maybe right. I mean if they all survivors, why they would need to defend apartment from each other. I wonder if there is any way to find original webtoon? 
 

Also Lee Byung Hyun played one earthquake disaster type of movie as I know, so he probably not someone who would play twice in the similar movie. 
 

Also I’m still not sure how apartments where they locate suppose to look like. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, serenilmauve said:

 I wonder if there is any way to find original webtoon? 
 

Also Lee Byung Hyun played one earthquake disaster type of movie as I know, so he probably not someone who would play twice in the similar movie. 
 

Also I’m still not sure how apartments where they locate suppose to look like. 

I tried looking for the webtoon but there's little to nothing about it and the only link we have of it is in Korean, and you can only go through one chapter which looked completely different from the scenario of this movie. 

 

About LBH, yes, he doesn't repeat the same roles but I was surprised when they mentioned about the earthquake. His movie Ashfall last year was about volcanic disaster+ earthquakes. So trusting his choices, there might be something else that intrigued him the most from this movie.

 

You're not alone. :) I've googled images of concrete worlds to just imagine the possible look often, but it's way too early when they only have just announced its production. I'm afraid we'll only see it when they release the trailer and that's probably 2022 (I know!:sweatingbullets:)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ephoenix said:

I tried looking for the webtoon but there's little to nothing about it and the only link we have of it is in Korean, and you can only go through one chapter which looked completely different from the scenario of this movie. 

 

About LBH, yes, he doesn't repeat the same roles but I was surprised when they mentioned about the earthquake. His movie Ashfall last year was about volcanic disaster+ earthquakes. So trusting his choices, there might be something else that intrigued him the most from this movie.

 

You're not alone. :) I've googled images of concrete worlds to just imagine the possible look often, but it's way too early when they only have just announced its production. I'm afraid we'll only see it when they release the trailer and that's probably 2022 (I know!:sweatingbullets:)


Yeah, I saw that link provided by AsianWiki and it confused me even more. So I think we should expect very, I mean very, loose adaptation lmfao But there must be something unique in that webtoon, that they decided to call it an adaptation, instead of claiming it’s an original work.

 

 Ashfall more a disaster movie, while I feel like Concrete Utopia has more of “post-apocalypse” genre in it based on synopsis. Plus earthquake (if it was one) appears to be have more mysterious origins. If Concrete Utopia is not afraid to go and touch some dark stuff I can already see how Ashfall and Concerte Utopia can have two extremely different tones. 
 

@Anjalifairy said Hwanggun means palace, so they probably located somewhere in historical building... But then webtoon has simple modern apartment images...

 

If they start filming in March I wonder if they could aim to December 2021 release lol I’m so greedy xD

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 2:26 AM, serenilmauve said:

If Concrete Utopia is not afraid to go and touch some dark stuff I can already see how Ashfall and Concerte Utopia can have two extremely different tones. 

 

@Anjalifairy said Hwanggun means palace, so they probably located somewhere in historical building... But then webtoon has simple modern apartment images...

 

If they start filming in March I wonder if they could aim to December 2021 release lol I’m so greedy xD


Yes I think you’re right about this movie featuring more of a post apocalyptic world like what we had in Peninsula this year, and how these character evolve both physically and mentally while trying to survive in the new environment. 
 

yes, it does mean palace and something Royal, but somehow I imagined it to be like skyscrapers and giving it a name. Lol but anything is possible. 
 

About their filming schedules, I’m really starting to worry because South Korea has issued Level 3 social distancing and many of the production for both dramas and movies are getting postponed. Celebrities getting tested positive for Rona, it’s scary. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed these days and praying no such news comes of the two movies they been working on and they all stay safe and healthy. So hopefully, *please* things will be calmer n much safer when it’s time for CU. :sad1:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...