W76jD_4f.jpg

Cr mydramalist

Details:

Chinese title:  三体/san ti
English title: Three-Body 

Genre: Sci-Fi

Director: Yang Lei
Screenwriter: Tian Liang Liang
Producer: Bai Yi Cong, Dong Jia Qi (董嘉琦)

Episodes: 30
Airing period: Jan 15, 2023 - Feb 14, 2023
Network: CCTV, Tencent Video

Cast:

Main Cast
Zhang Lu Yi as Wang Miao
Yu He Wei as Shi Qiang
Chen Jin as Ye Wenjie (older)
Wang Zi Wen as Ye Wenjie (young)
Lin Yong Jian as Chang Weisi
Li Xiao Ran as Kun Yufei

Supporting Cast
Wang Chuan Jun as Ding Yi
Zhang Fan as Lei Zhicheng
Bai Ke as Bai Mulin
Tu Song Yan as Yang Weining
Liu Min as Li Yaozhi
Kou Zhen Hai as Ye Zhetai
Yang Rong as Mu Xing
Kong Lin as Cheng Lihua
Zhang Jun Ning as Pan Han
Kenan Heppe as Mike Evans
Li Ze Hui as Xu Bingbing
Zhao Jian as Wei Cheng
He Du Juan as Yang Dong
Kong Lian Shun as Sha Ruishan

Synopsis:

A nanomaterials expert sees a mysterious countdown superimposed in his field of vision and finds himself under military investigation. To unravel the mystery, he enters the VR game "Three-Body" developed by a secret organization ETO and discovers the truth behind the deaths of dozens of scientists and a tragedy from the days of the Cultural Revolution.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview/MV:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Like 1

I've seen this in rumour mill for a while, the casting wasn't particularly well received mhmmm. I'll note that there's a movie version that's done that's been thrown back into development hell due to apparently terribly produced. As for this version, the director (douban) can be decent, I've seen his The Red, which is a republican era slice of life slow burn romance disguised as a spy drama, but his more recent works have been pretty mixed. The scriptwriter (douban) also have similar issue, and the story will rely on pretty darn good special effects, so I'm hesitant. 

There's also an animated version slated for 2021, which should be earlier than the drama, the trailer look utterly fantastic. The production team have pretty long production time though, judging by their previous original series, which started airing mid 2019 and still haven't finished because they halted serialisation for half a year lol. Maybe the drama will come first mhm.

• Thanks 1

Oh they are making a drama from this trilogy? I am worried lol oh the animated series may actually work much better. This trilogy blew my mind when I read it and I consider them one of the best sci-fi books ever. 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Three-Body 三体, premiered Jan 15, starring Edward Zhang, Yu He Wei, Chen Jin
  • SC2019 changed the title to [ Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Three-Body 三体