[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] She and Her Perfect Husband 爱的二八定律

sugarplum892

5 hours ago, SC2019 said:

besides the proximity to bossom issue, it was also the serious month of October where Oct 1 was National Day, the 20th National Congress was on Oct 16...lots of serious stuff going on. So dramas like these were deemed as detrimental to the nationalistic sentiments of the country. 

Oh thank God!

I hope it was just the bosom thing and additional editing was just needed.

If YM's other drama is airing soon, then it isn't about the "issue" I suspected. 

I'll just have to wait patiently for this to be rescheduled. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] She and Her Perfect Husband 爱的二八定律, premieres 14 Nov, starring Yang Mi & Xu Kai
19 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I watched the first episode already.

It was a bit underwhelming but I'm open to watching the rest.

My favorite XK and YM!

Yeeesss!!!

@ElleSor   I just caught Ep 1 too.  Agree with you.  Ep 1 is a bit uneventful.  We need to watch a few more eps before we can make a judgement.  Yang Mi's make up is too heavy - making her looks a bit old.  Her Lipstick is too Red.  I prefer Natural Makeup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@ElleSor   I just caught Ep 1 too.  Agree with you.  Ep 1 is a bit uneventful.  We need to watch a few more eps before we can make a judgement.  Yang Mi's make up is too heavy - making her looks a bit old.  Her Lipstick is too Red.  I prefer Natural Makeup.

Now that you mention it...yes, her makeup is too old.

Maybe they did that to emphasize her working girl/ serious lawyer vibe.

As for XK he shows some attitude sometimes  but it gets buried under his desire to do nothing.

Hahahaha! 

I am amused by his ambition to "do nothing".

• Like 1

I've watched up till episode 6 and I'm loving it.

I just find the scene of the 2nd bro and sister in law a little overdone. We were thrown into their messy marriage and quarrels and fights that early of the drama and it felt disconnected from the plot at times.

And the lady boss at the law firm.

I thought she should have some strong character and not trying to lick the boots of the rich people. It was a turn off for me.

However I'm definitely invested in the drama. Previews for episode 7 to 10 looks nice and worrying at the same time!

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] She and Her Perfect Husband 爱的二八定律, premiered 14 Nov, starring Yang Mi & Xu Kai
10 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

I just find the scene of the 2nd bro and sister in law a little overdone. We were thrown into their messy marriage and quarrels and fights that early of the drama and it felt disconnected from the plot at times.

I thought she should have some strong character and not trying to lick the boots of the rich people. It was a turn off for me.

However I'm definitely invested in the drama. Previews for episode 7 to 10 looks nice and worrying at the same time!

I agree with the brother and the sis-in-law being too much.

And, yes, I am now enjoying the show very much.

I guess everything gets to be exciting when the cohabitation starts.

Hahahaha!!

• Like 2

On 11/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, mrsj3n said:

@ElleSor  @mrsj3n  I just finished ep 8.  The first 4 eps were kinda slow and dry.  I almost gave up.  It is a Comedy.  The Director should have added the Comedic Elements right from the start.

But thanks heavens.  Ep 6 starts "simmering".   And it was "boiling" in Eps 7 & 8.

Ep 9 should be interesting.  We will see how Lawyer Qin Shi (Yang Mi) managed to win over her "Mother-In-Law" to cover-up for her.  And Yang Hua to continue with their Partnership.  She requires all her Persuasive Lawyer Skills.

Edited 

P/S: Just some side-info.  I read that Yang Mi's Ex-Husband is dating the Actress who is Lawyer Qin Shi's Sis-In-Law in this drama.   There were photos of them dating and holding hands.  Small world indeed.

(21 Nov 2022: They have confirmed their Relationship)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@ElleSor  @mrsj3n  I just finished ep 8.  The first 4 eps were kinda slow and dry.  I almost gave up.  It is a Comedy.  The Director should have added the Comedic Elements right from the start.

But thanks heavens.  Ep 6 starts "simmering".   And it was "boiling" in Eps 7 & 8.

Ep 9 should be interesting.  We will see how Lawyer Qin Shi (Yang Mi) managed to win over her "Mother-In-Law" to cover-up for her.  And Yang Hua to continue with their Partnership.  She requires all her Persuasive Lawyer Skills.

P/S: Just some side-info.  I read that Yang Mi's Ex is dating the Sis-In-Law.  There were photos of them dating and holding hands. 

I agree!!

Episode 6 is where things started to get interesting.

I am looking forward to more cohabitation and smexy looks from XK.

I think the attraction started with him and she's just starting to feel the same. 

• Like 3

I want more!!! I've finished this week available episodes and I'm already suffering from the withdrawal syndrome!!

I need more! I like YM's character and I like XK!! The "house husband" is just too cute!!! Can I have 1 too? :please:

I dislike the lawyer Li Dai and Yang Hua's mother.

Both of them are just simply too loud and annoying! 

I like how QS tell her off and not backing down.

And some of the issues touched by QS regarding work, women and family.

I think that resonates well with the society now. It made me feel empowered watching QS fending off the egoistic male co workers and how YH came to her rescue.

Have you all watched the previews for next week? I'm so looking forward for next week!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I want more!!! I've finished this week available episodes and I'm already suffering from the withdrawal syndrome!!

I need more! I like YM's character and I like XK!! The "house husband" is just too cute!!! Can I have 1 too? 

I dislike the lawyer Li Dai and Yang Hua's mother.

Both of them are just simply too loud and annoying! 

I like how QS tell her off and not backing down.

And some of the issues touched by QS regarding work, women and family.

I think that resonates well with the society now. It made me feel empowered watching QS fending off the egoistic male co workers and how YH came to her rescue.

Have you all watched the previews for next week? I'm so looking forward for next week!

@mrsj3n I just finished ep 10.

I have the same opinions as you.  That Lawyer Li Dai is a B -i-t-c-h.  And Yang Hua's mother is just too Bossy.  Which is why Yang Hua wants to get away from her.

As regards those men at the Boss's house, they are plain misogynistic.  They think that their's is a Men's Club.  And Lawyer Qin Shi is intruding. Then why make it a Prerequisite that their Lawyers must marry??

It will never change.  Society is still like that. There may be some improvements. But overall still the same.

Both Father and Son (Yang Hua) have the same behavior when Drunk.  They start praising their Women.

@ElleSor  Yes.  Now that Lawyer Qin Shi and her Yang Hua has sailed through the "Trap" set by Li Dai, they can proceed to their Cohabitation.  Yang Hua can be a Full Time House Husband.  And let the Fun begins......

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 10:24 PM, hush puppy said:

@ElleSor  Yes.  Now that Lawyer Qin Shi and her Yang Hua has sailed through the "Trap" set by Li Dai, they can proceed to their Cohabitation.  Yang Hua can be a Full Time House Husband.  And let the Fun begins......

I know right?

The sparks are sparking and the sticky looks are sticking.

Hahaha!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

15 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I haven't started yet, but the clips and trailers are quite nice! Also, I love how well put together the wardrobe and accesories of YM. :love:

Same here, IMO apart from that lipstick she looks high class:wub:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Same here, IMO apart from that lipstick she looks high class:wub:

IKR?

Her lipstick is too red for me.

Like it screams big bossy lady with no scrupples.

Hahahaha! I hope they change it soon.

Maybe when she realizes what a catch XK is. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@mrsj3n @ElleSor   I find Eps 11 & 12 not so interesting.  Too many side-stories.  Again they give us too much of  Lawyer Qin Shi's sis-in-law.  Although the way she solves her  problem with her husband is kinda cute.

As for the business problem of Rich Woman Lan Xiao Ting, I am very sure that her husband Pang Ding..... has duped her.  Qin Shi's boss gave LXT the right advice - to divorce her Husband.  Otherwise she will lose everything.

Yang Hua's mother is so sneaky.  Pretending to unleash her hold on Yang Hua only to snoop on him.  Only Qin Shi can handle her.

Qin Shi's ex BF is problematic too.  Fortunately, Qin Shi can read him well.

Waiting to hear both your opinions.  And looking forward to tomorrow's episodes. :lol:

• Like 2

This was really meh for me LoL. I feel like Yang Mi is just playin' herself here LoL, judging from accounts of her no-nonsense personality from her other co-stars in other interviews.

Xu Kai is like a sloth here LoL, almost lethargic. He's more the errant boy or housekeeper than husband for now. 

There's the usual meddling co-workers.. parents.. friends.. their spouses.. the exes. Oh my gosh the ex LoL. He has a gf who is a nepo baby and totally dense but worships Yang Mi which drives the ex crazy LoL. I am actually skipping a lot as it's all very bland for me. And it's like 11 ep. already. Ugh. Even "Love the Way You Are" wasn't this bad but will keep watchin' to see how it ends LoL.

• Like 1