Lu Yu Lai as Xie Baoluo
Zheng Ren Shuo as Lin Dasen
Kong Yan as Novel Writer
Zhang Bai Jia as Li Moli
Ma Liang as Lin Mengyu
Ma Xiao Yuan as Ding Xiaoling
Cao En Qi as Yan Jun

Synopsis:

A beautiful coffee shop owner Zhong Meibao suddenly dies in a condominium at the Horizon Tower. When she died, her face still wore a doll-like makeup, hence the case was referred to as the "Doll Murder Case". This case shocks the whole tower, and after investigation the clues point to three suspects - security guard Xie Baoluo, architect Lin Dasen and property manager Lin Mengyu. All three suspects were enthralled by Zhong Meibao's beauty, and all had an intimate relationship with her. All the clue seem to point to the possibility of a love crime. However in the midst of investigation, new clues begin to emerge, and turns the focus to Zhong Meibao's complicated and painful youth. Her family, consisting of her step-father, mother, younger brother and foster mother, were implicated into the case. Just who could be the real murderer? 
(Source: DramaWiki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower 摩天大楼 Weibo

A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower 摩天大楼 English Subbed Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower 摩天大楼

I binged this and i have to agree with ^ comments, and IMO it's one of the best drama i've seen this yr. so far...all the actors did great, heck even the kids that acted as young Meibao did well too..each epi. was so intense and suspenseful that i kept on going til i realized it's ended. Loved the OST too.

• Like 1

Oof, I forgot to post something here. This is probably my favourite of 2020 dramas, thrillers or otherwise. Mhmm little hard to talk about without spoilers, as it's the case with most thrillers. I was definitely surprised by AB's acting, she's okay here, there's some beautiful shots/scenes from her, although at times I think someone could have played her character better, but all in all, not overly distracting for me. Everyone else did a superb job, I totally didn't recognise Yang Zishan till I was maybe half way through the drama. One of the young Meibao is from the girl from Bad Kids, she's adorable and amazing!

I was fairly hooked from the beginning, and I rather liked the initial couple of related people's stories that we got to explore. I love the second half and was super invested as it went on. The drama is actually fairly feminist, from certain dialogues to background story to characterisations, it's so rare to have female centric cdrama that portray female characters so well, everyone are multi-dimensional. As a thriller, the ending is a little too convenient and there's some plot holes, but I was far more interested in the character drama and other themes compared to the "mystery" to really care. This is not a light drama, and probably should come with bunch of trigger warnings, but I feel like that might spoil parts of the story. Most similar to the taiwanese drama The Victim's Game, speaking of which, I should probably tag @Lynne since you rec'ed me The Victim's Game, you might like this too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1