Weekly Meme Theme

Admin

EVENT: memes & kdramas!

hi ya chingus! for those who haven't ventured outside the kdrama section, what do some of these other parts of soompi cover? the soompi hangout is just a general space to talk about all sorts of things. in the weekly meme theme thread, @mirmz selects a theme for a week and soompi chingus are free to post memes on that meme. all to have a few chuckles and laughs. we all need that no? since we wanted to hold a memes event on kdramas, we decided to hold it here, thanks  @mirmz , :).

so how will this week work?

1. there are lots of kdrama memes already. just ask uncle google! hahahaa..... you can always share the ones floating around and give credit to owner

example: cr: owner

fe13b4e9b34c4c94560ff44112be1b368df2a317

2. you can make your own original memes -- if you are a bit tech handicapped, just post a snarky line to a typical kdrama scene/trope and the gif reaction (from the gif library).

example:

me during the crazy slap/fight scenes of daily/weekend dramas...

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

3. you can also use kdrama pics/gifs from specific dramas and then add a snarky line.

example:

fans on abs scenes. (its okay not to be okay)

Seo-Ye-Ji2.jpg

hit those reaction buttons! the top five memes (based on reaction buttons) will be highlighted as community favourites at the close of event (wednesday). post away!

re: @partyon

tagging a few chingus -- @Ameera Ali @Min2206 @Thong Thin @kokodus @Jillia @Berou @MinLyn  @Sleepy Owl @maribella @nohamahamoud2002 @corey @chickfactor @croquembouche2018 @Nodame @syntyche @CarolynH @corey @budgerie @sadthe1st @supergal99 @H0ney @gm4queen @LeftCoastOppa @foreverempress @shana0127 @joccu @pompyavi @larus @kdramagrandma @MayanEcho @SilverDawn @ChibiLy @Megan @Wuzetian @beyaruth @AppleJoy @petra @CallieP @msdot @liv_well @ElectricHearts @SR20DET @graceyco @UnniSarah @ktcjdrama   .....

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

hahhahaha... @partyon ~ guess we kdrama fans were more occupied eh during the lockdown. :D

@croquembouche2018 ~ waiting for an episode is hard enough but how do people manage to wait for seasons that take forever to come out! the pain is real. hahahahahah....

random viewer on thread -- "this drama sucks."

some viewers after encountering fandom: :sweatingbullets:

go go go running GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Thank you @Lmangla
I am really bad at finding good memes.

But I can tell you I like that abs gif, we can have the best abs meme. Don't forget SJ's abs from Man in a veil.

We more often than not get an amnesiac chracter. So I'll be looking for that meme. Not sure what constitutes an amnesiac meme.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

kekekek... @maribella ~ we will have to request @Ameera Ali to post some of those kimbap abs. now that seo jun is no longer flirting with yujung, does that mean we won't see those abs eh? hahahahha.... and some people may hate amnesia trope but I usually start giggling... ^_^

new viewer to kdramas -- why is the mom being so mean?

73d91465c134a09789779a3e8474c99d446808d1

meanwhile veteran viewers of kdramas - BIRTH SECRET!!!!

IDID04-00125.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 12