[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

I don’t like fake granny, but MAN the cancer plot device is SO DAMN OVERPLAYED AND STALE! I feel sorry for him because of that, i feel like he should survive and then AR Byeori live happily with him instead of with the donkey JH. Even after they found out about AR’s miscarriage they didn’t even think about her, or try to call her and check how she was doing after going through the loss, the RickRoll'D of a dad JH was more concerned with BR defending DR, RickRoll'D is with this guy?! HIS BIO DAUGHTER JUST WENT THROUGH AN EXTREMELY TRAGIC LOSS. AND HE WAS MORE CONCERNED WITH HIS STEPDAUGHTER DEFENDING AN INNOCENT GUY JUST BECAUSE HE DOESN’T LIKE HIM??

AR should never go back to him, cut him out of her life, at least with the fake granny, he still comforted her and provided a place where she could truly heal her wounds. I hope he survives, through a kdrama miracle or whatever. They’ve defied science and common logic before they could do it again. Idc if it’s the only way JH will forgive HJS, if anything, he was just as bad, a bad father and a bad husband. He acts high and mighty when he’s being selfish and despicable, he should be the one apologizing, not just being apologized to. I hope these writers will finally start treating JH for the a-hole that he is but I’m not getting my hopes up from these writers, they’ve been pretty incompetent in properly writing their characters, why should they change now?

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 episodes left and the writers continue to put us on this emotional roller-coaster ride with episodes after another being either happy, sad, annoying, boring, or amusing which to me is so frustrating! In my opinion, today’s episode was totally boring & left me feeling majorly annoyed at the same time.

I must say Jun-su’s parents are simply the worse!  They are prime examples of what “role model parents should not be like” and for this I really pity him. Who needs enemies with interfering parents like this, who would rather hurt their own child than support him? They claim to love their son and want what’s best for him but in reality they are seeking what’s best for themselves. I don’t believe they truly love their son but rather love what he could "attain" for them. It’s obvious they have no respect for him, his needs nor his wants because they are clouded by their own greed & selfish desires. Jun-su really is in a tight spot because he knows what they are like, but he is trying his best to balance going after what he wants & trying to remain filial to them at the same time.

I honestly think severing ties with these toxic parents is the only way to jolt them to their senses but it’s left to be seen how the writers plan on redeeming them in the end.

BR and DR I do not care if they are finally a couple and boring their approach. JS parents are really horrible still fixed on not wanting AR as their daughter-in-law. However, even the grandfather does not think with or without dementia because he does not want to go to live with her daughter? after so many years away he has not regretted having wasted so much time, poor HS she must be very hard for her her father prefers a family with which he has no ties rather than being with her.

All these parents continue to be selfish towards their children.:angry:

Little to go but still nothing on the kidnapping of JS?:phew:

I feel bad for Joong-Han’s character, the writers really making him look so petty like a kindergarten school kid. The mentality of “I’m not playing with you so my friends should not play with you either” is exactly how he’s acting. This just makes him look so foolish & pathetic for a big man when he doesn't get his way and erupts into these childish tantrums.

Secretary Kim should be a love guru as a side job LOL. His advice to Jun-su is the cleverest action for him to take at present to counter Ah-ri’s stubbornness. They say, “absence makes the heart grow fonder” so hopefully this ploy works for him. I am of the view that it’s unfair for one person to do all the pursuing, it’s time we get to see Ah-ri do some pursuing too when she comes to her senses (that is realise her feelings) and is faced with the risk of losing Jun-su. Also, I was happy Jun-su overheard that his parents were the ones who told Ah-ri to stop seeing him. I’m hoping he takes a stand and moves out on his own, away from these waste of space toxic parents.

Nah that old man not wanting to live with HS isn't selfish. It's called self preservation. Yes he's a shitty parent cause he stop talking to his daughter for divorcing a shitty husband instead of supporting her and disowned her for remarrying to  someone he didn't approve. So yeah he's shitty but to say he's selfish for not going to live with HS is off mark I think.  

He hasn't seen them for years so in essence they're strangers especially JH. Yes it would be nice if they could play happy families but all he has to go on is his experiences he's had with them so far. Now think about the nature of what little contact he's had with JH. Would you want to go live with him? He's clearly demonstrated that his voice and his feelings and options are all that matters. Gramps feels lost cause he knows he's loosing parts of himself that makes him him. Off course he does want to loose what little independence he has left. HS is of no use she's caught up in the patriarchy. She can clearly see that her husband's actions are accelerating the man's dementia yet she keeps biting her tongue and being diplomatic.  They want to take a dementia patient and just drop him into the unknown. If they cared for his well being instead of trying to bully him they would have eased him into their environment with dinners and regular visits until he's comfortable and familiar then have him move in. When you compare the encunters and the experiences he's had between the two families of course he'll want to pick granny man. Apart from the fact that the house is his comfort zone and the one constant he's had in his life so he'll always remember it, not once have DR's lot made him feel like they'll force him to do something he doesn't want to do.

The writers need to sort JH's issues soon it's time they tell him to stop forcing he's feelings onto others and go face his own demons and guilt. They've let it run for far too long. 

10 hours ago, Shari said:

I am of the view that it’s unfair for one person to do all the pursuing, it’s time we get to see Ah-ri do some pursuing too when she comes to her senses (that is realise her feelings) and is faced with the risk of losing Jun-su. Also, I was happy Jun-su overheard that his parents were the ones who told Ah-ri to stop seeing him. I’m hoping he takes a stand and moves out on his own, away from these waste of space toxic parents.

What for? His parents will continue what they do before. It's obvious, that they don't want to change.  She had so many bad memories with them, so repeat them?

First of all JS have to deal with his parents ant then try no reconcile with AR. He is trying to be a good husband and a good son, but sometimes it's impossible. He needs to choose.

I want AR to be happy. She can't be happy with JS. It's a fact. Until his parents will accept AR sincerely, she better stay away from him.

17 hours ago, airgelaal said:

What for? His parents will continue what they do before. It's obvious, that they don't want to change.  She had so many bad memories with them, so repeat them?

First of all JS have to deal with his parents ant then try no reconcile with AR. He is trying to be a good husband and a good son, but sometimes it's impossible. He needs to choose.

I want AR to be happy. She can't be happy with JS. It's a fact. Until his parents will accept AR sincerely, she better stay away from him.

I agree with this. I’m sure she does like him back but she knows his parents would never accept her. JS needs to cut off his parents first or he’ll also be complicit in putting AR through the same misery all over again even though he knew damn well how his parents were like towards her. You guys wanna redeem BR? At least make her stand up for AR. Be it to their shitty dad JH or tell JS that AR does like him back, but she’s too afraid, she was scarred because of the suffering she received from his parents. AR would never tell him that directly, someone needs to tell JS that. I mean, come on, JS, what kind of masochist would subject themselves to being abused by their abusive in laws willingly, TWICE? She was already abused by her own dad, she doesn’t need to add more toll to herself, especially when she’s still reeling from the miscarriage. 

AR’s hardheadedness can be a bit grating but look at things from her standpoint. She feels like she disappointed JS by losing Organic, she feels unworthy, she blames herself, and on the top of it all his parents don’t like her. Ofc she’s trying to push him away. Only a few episodes to go and the parents haven’t shown any signs of changing, I smell some last minute sudden bibbidi bobbidi boo change and it reeks more rotten than a surstromming left in the open for a week. I want JS to just cut them off. It’s too late for them to redeem themselves and a forced change is just lazy and dumb.

Oh my goodness!  Ahri’s dad needs anger management therapy.  He’s so violent.  Attacking Junsoo, now Daero.  He’s psycho.  And when Bora’s grandfather intervenes and has a high blood pressure attack, Ahri’s dad doesn’t even look concerned.  He needs help! 

1 hour ago, EK8 said:

Oh my goodness!  Ahri’s dad needs anger management therapy.  He’s so violent.  Attacking Junsoo, now Daero.  He’s psycho.  And when Bora’s grandfather intervenes and has a high blood pressure attack, Ahri’s dad doesn’t even look concerned.  He needs help! 

I noticed that he didn’t try to help grandpa which tells me it’s all about him. That made me so mad. If his wife knew that he didn’t offer to help would make me mad I think she is getting tired of walking on eggshells around him. The kind of help he needs is a 2 by 4 over his head lol. If he truly loves his wife and loves her why live in the past with things about his first wife. I think he is fixing to find out every thing was a misunderstanding 

5 hours ago, Lfd said:

I noticed that he didn’t try to help grandpa which tells me it’s all about him. That made me so mad. If his wife knew that he didn’t offer to help would make me mad I think she is getting tired of walking on eggshells around him. The kind of help he needs is a 2 by 4 over his head lol. If he truly loves his wife and loves her why live in the past with things about his first wife. I think he is fixing to find out every thing was a misunderstanding 

Well kinda too late for that now isn’t it? This is just like JS parents. At least with BR even though I still don’t care about her she’s already shown her change, at the very least she voiced concern for AR now. But the RickRoll'D of a dad JH and JS’ parents never had that slow moment of change. JS’ mom looked like she was going to, but the writers regressed her into a tyrannical old bat with no remorse. Even if JH found out it was a misunderstanding, it needs to be said that the fault is completely with him. He NEVER LISTENS TO ANYONE, WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO REASON WITH HIM, HE THROWS A TANTRUM AND CUTS THEM OFF. He’s so wrapped up in his own personal self justice and self absorbed in his own belief that he’s absolutely right in every way that he refuses to listen to even his wife. And I hate this drama for not treating him for the toxic man, husband, and father that he is. 

you can argue he had moments where he was nice to his family, including AR, but those were so out of place it’s like the writers were like “w-we know JH is such an annoying mean selfish manchild b-buuut lookie he’s nice here so don’t hate him tee hee!” Look, those didn’t change the fact that he was still a selfish temper tantrum throwing elementary grader in a man’s body, who disregarded his family’s feelings just for his own ego. A few good spots in a rotten apple doesn’t change the fact that the apple is rotten now, does it?

1 hour ago, Mocharel said:

Well kinda too late for that now isn’t it? This is just like JS parents. At least with BR even though I still don’t care about her she’s already shown her change, at the very least she voiced concern for AR now. But the RickRoll'D of a dad JH and JS’ parents never had that slow moment of change. JS’ mom looked like she was going to, but the writers regressed her into a tyrannical old bat with no remorse. Even if JH found out it was a misunderstanding, it needs to be said that the fault is completely with him. He NEVER LISTENS TO ANYONE, WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO REASON WITH HIM, HE THROWS A TANTRUM AND CUTS THEM OFF. He’s so wrapped up in his own personal self justice and self absorbed in his own belief that he’s absolutely right in every way that he refuses to listen to even his wife. And I hate this drama for not treating him for the toxic man, husband, and father that he is. 

you can argue he had moments where he was nice to his family, including AR, but those were so out of place it’s like the writers were like “w-we know JH is such an annoying mean selfish manchild b-buuut lookie he’s nice here so don’t hate him tee hee!” Look, those didn’t change the fact that he was still a selfish temper tantrum throwing elementary grader in a man’s body, who disregarded his family’s feelings just for his own ego. A few good spots in a rotten apple doesn’t change the fact that the apple is rotten now, does it?

You r so right he just goes around trying to control everybody’s life and when u think about it the young guy is an orphan raised by the man he hates

Let's say the plot after 100 episodes
 has not made progress. I don't like Sunny's aunt, frankly I see female solidarity out of place here, if she wants a divorce take note, don't look for excuses of guilt or deception, she wants to divorce because she has a love interest in another, but here I see it as just a question of money, because with the divorce she has to sell part of the family assets which would involve breaking up with her mother who owns the company, I don't agree with the authors to make her become BRie's mother.

I want to see only the AR and JS, the love problems of others do not interest me.

I love the secretary.B)

Wow!  Ahri's dad is a pathetic loser.  The screaming and tantrum throwing, the physical and verbal assaults... how can anyone be around him??  He is by far the worst character on this show... and that's saying a lot considering there is Won Tae Weasel, Dragon Lady, Um PD and Junsoo's parents!

9 minutes ago, EK8 said:

Wow!  Ahri's dad is a pathetic loser.  The screaming and tantrum throwing, the physical and verbal assaults... how can anyone be around him??  He is by far the worst character on this show... and that's saying a lot considering there is Won Tae Weasel, Dragon Lady, Um PD and Junsoo's parents!

He better to be thankful the young lad didn’t get up and beat the crap out of him if you remember he is fighter and knows how to do that kind of fighting I don’t know what it’s called but he is a fighter. He didn’t fight the dad back just took it. 

Making fake granny pitiful by bringing back his illness and Deora a wronged hero is something I am really disliking. Writers I hate such storylines ! 

Yes Ahri s dad needs anger management .  But his anger is absolutely justified. It's history repeat for him. Fake granny sold his pitiful story with pitiful stepson  to his  first wife , got money from her and even slept with her to have a kid ! 

Now again after 12 years he turns up . Faking as granny lives at his in law hause , his step son and  friend basically occupy his father in law house first in name of business then helping dementia elderly ! After years they creeped in again so pitifully ! Stop playing pitiful stories. Specially to a man who already lost his first wife to such guys and now slowly they creep in to get  his most loved step daughter whom he loves more then his own daughter! Which kind of man won't lose control at such people.Ahri dad's wounds from their first pitiful blow have yet not healed and they come with new! 

Sorry guys writer really won in making Deora and his step dad pitiful enough ! Still my anger won't subside ! If I were Ahri dad I would just block them out of my memory and life. Let Bora marry or do whatever with those pitiful guys. Give more time to my own daughter Ahri who got ignored throughout . Spend more time with my new wife. At least his new wife knows his pain. Coz she has suffered the same. She too hates her ex husband . Fact is both husband and wife have been ditched by Their ex whatever the reason may  be ! Whether ex were good or bad who cares ! Fact is they gave painful past to them so Ahri dad and Bora Mom can depend on each other. Let the kids live their lives and learn their own lessons. That's what I see as the moral of story.

As for JS parents . They are on high horses  . JS must just leave them and move out. They are toxic thankless people who deserve each other.  If parents don't know when to stop nosing kids rebel. Sorry !  JS Ahri are no kids they are adults . So they better tell their  revered parents to stop Or I will consider them mentally challenged. 

Archived