Jump to content

[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도


Recommended Posts

I think I can't be mad at AhRi. No one taught her her how to love and cherish herself. And she never felt someone by her side.

In her childhood her father was so busy at work, that she and her mother were almost abandoned. When her father was forced to raise her they were almost strangers and AhRi was a teenager. And once again he had to work. When her dad found Hae-Sim, this family got a perfect daughter BoRa. So AhRi became an outcast. 

I can't remember that anyone in this family praise her. Even with the last program all praises went to BoRa and others. She was like someone unimportant. Of course, because she was a troublemaker: her sister, pregnancy, "her sister's boyfriend JS" and so on...

If it was BoRa, I don't think that her parents would allow her to live with such in-laws. If her health was in danger, I'm sure, that Joong-Han would even forget about cross-dresser. But ArRi can deal with everything alone. Because it's AhRi.

I'm sure, that deep inside both her parents knew, that her in-laws treat her badly. C`mon, her father-in-law is her boss. If he liked AhRi even a little he could never allow her to work that mush. And, of course, he would not allow Uhm PD to bully her. So it wasn't really her fault that she worked that much. Her boss and great father-in-law was perfectly fine with it. Hae-Sim was surprised to see how many food AhRi brought for Lunar new year. She is not stupid to think that her dear friend did it herself. Both her parents never asked about house chores. They knew how in-laws disliked AhRi, but thought that they will treat her like a daughter? Really? After first problem with pregnancy they had to realize that AhRi was under so much stress and pressure, but still they blamed her work and problem with sister. And that is all? They preferred to ignore all the signs. Her in-laws bullied AhRi because they knew how she is treated by her family. They knew, that no one would help her. I can't even blame JS, because every time he tried to help, his mother would use her depression card. An once again AhRi would be the one to blame.

I can understand why AhRi decided to help her co-worker. Her work is the only place where she can be herself an do what she wants. She saw that her programs were successful and this was enough. Her work was the only joy in her life. Yes, her baby was also important, but once again, no one taught her how to prioritize herself. 

AhRi is very pitiful character. I think it's better if she run away.  She need to run away from this toxic people. She need to learn how to love and cherish herself. And then to return stronger.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This drama is really sth. It relies on a single couple to carry its shitty cast up until the very end. Those writers are lucky we all liked JS-AR-Byeori a lot, bcs otherwise no one would be willing to

I would really enjoy this drama more if there were more Jun-su & Ah-ri scenes . I can't wait to see how their love story develops since I like to see dramas where opposite attracts. They both look

I agree, both he and BR imo are the worst characters here, it’s the fact that they were being played as the “nice guys” when they were actually so hypocritical and vile that makes them even more disgu

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am so sad:tears:

 

I hope JS will fight for AR.

I’m sure he will he will have to go and find her and that is where he will make her understand that he loves her and that she is important in his life. U remember she was the one who got him through his Panic attacks that was so sweet. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly likely JS' mother will demand JS divorce Ahri since she lost the baby. Don't expect her to feel responsible for having 'contributed' to the miscarriage. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lfd said:

I’m sure he will he will have to go and find her and that is where he will make her understand that he loves her and that she is important in his life. U remember she was the one who got him through his Panic attacks that was so sweet. 

I could this nod.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@airgelaal I had this talk with my mom yesterday, she’s still watching this flaming garbo, bcs she wants to see AR marry JS for real I think. She was so angry and said how dumb AR was for disregarding her wellbeing and her baby’s despite JS telling her to take care of herself more. Shitty writing aside, it’s pretty realistic now that I think about it. Like you said, she never had anyone take care of her or thinking that she needed to take care of herself, she feels like she had the need to prove herself more, and she feels like she can do that with her work. The only thing that’s stupid is that she still refused to let JS in, even after everything he did for her, but can you really fully blame her? She never had someone who treats her like she’s something precious, someone who sees her worth, and after being disregarded by everyone all her life, it’s understandable that she doesn’t know how to react to JS’s love, or trust him. 


AR’s tale makes me sad, she’s a victim of abuse, and abuse victims often feel like they’re worthless, even when finally loved and cared, they still have that little demon whispering to them that they’ll never truly be loved or mean anything. But this time, she should realize that in her pursuit of recognition, she lost her baby, and JS’ presence should make her realize that even with all her “defects” she still deserved to be loved, everyone does. “No matter what”, you deserve to be happy, to be loved, and there will always be someone who loves you. I hope AR can realize that, she doesn’t need recognition from people like her dad, JS’ parents, or people at work bcs they never cared for her, she has JS who truly loves her. It’s time she recognize his love and efforts.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

The dam cheek of these people bout they were looking forward to meeting their grandchild. What level of cognitive dissonance is this? As for her pops not surprising really he still not owning his part in his failed marriage so off course he doesn't see his contribution to her miscarriage. At the end of the day Ah Ri and Byeo Ri were doing just fine until other people got involved. His blinkers have been gorilla glued on when it comes to any thing to do with granny man.

 

The writing makes no sense they shouldn't have done the miscarriage without so many warning signs. The Ah Ri who was willing to give up her family and go it alone in such a harsh society when it comes to single parenthood, would have told them all were to go once she realised organic is in danger. But oh well here were are.

 

There need to be revelations, mainly JS needs to realise his parents have been conspiring with PD. They'll push for divorce but he should know that they are nastier than he could have imagined. So if he's getting Ah Ri back he must not bring her back to that toxic environment. HS also needs to know so she can cut off her friendship with that woman. No friend would treat their best friend's kid like that whether or not you think they're good enough to be married to your kid. There shouldn't be no kumbaya-ing, they need to cut ties something's should not be so easily forgiven.

 

If I was Ah Ri don't think I'd go back to that house either. As much as HS mothering is what she needs right not it comes with the price of that man constantly doing I told you so-s . Instead of being a caring dad he's just gonna be clucking about how she should have listened to him yada yada. I'd want to get away from everyone. She needs peace to process and recuperate and she won't get that in that house. She's already owned her part in this now she needs to make peace with it. Ideally she'll realise how much others contributed to the situation and let them all know what they did to her and who it affected her then tell em all to go ... themselves and cut ties with the lot of them but then again don't want her holding on to any of that negative energy as it'll do her no good. But it grinds my goat that it gonna be another case of do what you like and there's no consequences, everyone will still be smiling and joking with you. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh another heart-breaking episode, can’t believe how much tears I’ve shed for these 2! LOL.

 

It says a lot about Ah-ri’s relationship with her family that knew she would not find solace and compassion at their residence. Thank goodness she had her sister Byeo-ri for she knew she would find warmth & comfort there. This is the only time I genuinely appreciated Byeo-ri’s dad presence in this drama although I still don’t like him, at least he welcomed Ah-ri with open arms. It is probably so hard for Ah-ri seeing the love Byeo-ri receives from her dad as compared to the nothingness she received from hers all this time.

 

I feel utterly sad for Jun-su as well since he is also going through the grieving process which is overlooked by his ridiculously snobbish parents. Unlike Ah-ri, he doesn’t have anyone to comfort him nor give that much needed therapeutic hug. I’m hoping that Secretary Kim would once again be a supporting bro for him.

 

Consequently, we can now confirm something we already picked up on and that’s Jun-su really has come to love Ah-ri and wants to really be married to her. However, it’s going to be a tough ride getting her to believe it wasn’t solely because of Organic. Not to mention because she has never truly received love in the past, she wouldn’t know what it feels like even if it hits her in the face. I also think so many evil people have made Ah-ri believe she is not deserving of Jun-su as he is too good for her that she may stupidly believe it herself.

 

It looks as though Ah-ri has reverted to her stubborn self as a coping mechanism, so poor Jun-su has his work cut out for him. It’s my wishful thinking but I hope Byeo-ri could act as a matchmaker to get these 2 back together once and for all. Hopefully, the writers don’t make us viewers wait too long to see the theme pan out “no matter what” these 2 weathered the storm & are back together at last.

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shari said:

Consequently, we can now confirm something we already picked up on and that’s Jun-su really has come to love Ah-ri and wants to really be married to her. However, it’s going to be a tough ride getting her to believe it wasn’t solely because of Organic.

We'll have less then 20 episodes, so this ride won't be that tough :) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

We'll have less then 20 episodes, so this ride won't be that tough :) 

It would be if they leave it till the last few episodes, remember there is still a little over 3 weeks of airing time left LOL :lol:.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mocharel said:

@airgelaal I had this talk with my mom yesterday, she’s still watching this flaming garbo, bcs she wants to see AR marry JS for real I think. She was so angry and said how dumb AR was for disregarding her wellbeing and her baby’s despite JS telling her to take care of herself more. Shitty writing aside, it’s pretty realistic now that I think about it. Like you said, she never had anyone take care of her or thinking that she needed to take care of herself, she feels like she had the need to prove herself more, and she feels like she can do that with her work. The only thing that’s stupid is that she still refused to let JS in, even after everything he did for her, but can you really fully blame her? She never had someone who treats her like she’s something precious, someone who sees her worth, and after being disregarded by everyone all her life, it’s understandable that she doesn’t know how to react to JS’s love, or trust him. 


AR’s tale makes me sad, she’s a victim of abuse, and abuse victims often feel like they’re worthless, even when finally loved and cared, they still have that little demon whispering to them that they’ll never truly be loved or mean anything. But this time, she should realize that in her pursuit of recognition, she lost her baby, and JS’ presence should make her realize that even with all her “defects” she still deserved to be loved, everyone does. “No matter what”, you deserve to be happy, to be loved, and there will always be someone who loves you. I hope AR can realize that, she doesn’t need recognition from people like her dad, JS’ parents, or people at work bcs they never cared for her, she has JS who truly loves her. It’s time she recognize his love and efforts.

Maybe the writers went this route to prove to Ar that he loves her no matter what. She would always feel like he just married her just because of the baby. I remember the scene in ep. 1 or 2 after some of their little bickering times he was setting on his bed thinking and he thought why am I thinking of that woman all the time made me think right then he was having feelings for her

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lfd said:

Maybe the writers went this route to prove to Ar that he loves her no matter what. She would always feel like he just married her just because of the baby. I remember the scene in ep. 1 or 2 after some of their little bickering times he was setting on his bed thinking and he thought why am I thinking of that woman all the time made me think right then he was having feelings for her

Yeah it does smell like they’re gonna make JS prove to her that he still loves her with or without Organic. Honestly the first step he needs to take is cut off his shitty parents and stick to his guns. See if they like it, they should reap what they sow, and be punished by having their beloved son scorn them, no kumbayaing with them and no more contact, imo that is the best punishment they can receive.

 

i hope Byeori can help these two come together too, and yo, writer-nim. If you really want to make HJS look good, start by making him apologize to AR, comfort her and be her dad figure. That’s not going to fix his past mistakes but at the very least show that he is still a decent person, compared to AR’s actual dad. Imo I feel like JS and AR should stay with Byeori and HJS, ofc after HJS apologize to JS for what he did first. At least HJS wouldn’t try to boss or control JS’ life the way his parents did, and he can be with Byeori and AR that he loves more than anything.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another heartbreaking episode.  Wow!  Really impressed with Ahri, Junsoo, and Byeori's acting.  Their portrayal of grief was very real.  Such emotional scenes.  

 

I was appalled by Um PD's behavior when she bumped into Ahri at the elevator.  Knowing Ahri just had a miscarriage, Um PD's smile and happy smirk was just evil.  Made me sick.  She is just an awful person.

 

So very sad that Ahri didn't feel like she could go home to her parents to find comfort.  Such a sad episode.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shari said:

It would be if they leave it till the last few episodes, remember there is still a little over 3 weeks of airing time left LOL :lol:.

that's what I feared for (actually) another draggy series arc and one episode of happy moment :sad1:

my only hope is for this drama to extend to 160 episodes

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EK8 said:

was appalled by Um PD's behavior when she bumped into Ahri at the elevator.  Knowing Ahri just had a miscarriage, Um PD's smile and happy smirk was just evil.  Made me sick.  She is just an awful person.

She’s such a one dimensional evil person. I don’t believe anyone can be this evil to someone who practically never did her any wrong, iirc her actress also played a poorly written villainness before too, who was juggled between redemption and then went back to  being downright unforgivably evil. But imo this PD is worse bcs she’s never shown any shred of decency or humanity. Even JR was like “wut ur still hung up on JS even tho he repeatedly told u off????” Like she was really dumbfounded that this woman is just so darn persistent and fixated on a guy who repeatedly rejected her, and then had the darn cheek to act like she did nothing wrong. So the writers knew her fixation on JS was ridiculous and preposterous yet they kept her smh they could’ve just shipped her out and continue with their storyline with just JS’ parents.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I need to get on my soapbox.  Why did they need to go with the miscarriage storyline?  To me this was  easiest story arc the writer choose to prove  that JS married Ari  because he loved her  and just for the baby. 

 However what I like about this couple is how the the writer was developing their relationship  though it slowed and Ari was still being defensive you could see through there conversations and how they looked at each other that they liked each other.  What the writer could have done, is had JS in some senario where Ari had to step up and protect/defend  JS thus making her realise  how much she liked and wanted JS by her side. 

What I  want to see is ARI and JS putting there parents in there place and come to realise how their toxic behaviour has effected JS and Ari.  Also I want see Ari explode with anger at her treatment, she  needs to get things off her chest. She has been treated like  a punching bag by everyone around her and that wrong needs to be addressed by the writer.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

I seemed to glimpse in the speech between DR and his father surprised at the relationship that existed between the sisters, as if they only realized now that they have a strong bond, not for nothing have they treated AR like any babysitter until now .

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, the one most responsible for Ahri's miscarriage is herself. She should have put her baby first above everything and everyone. If she had thought that JS married her only because of the baby, why did she cared what her mother in law thinks about her? She should have insisted on living apart from her in laws. I'm sure she knew her mother-in-law would not treat her well.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..