[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

Can't believe he slap her. She was out of line saying something so hurtful to the parent that "stuck around" but still no need for that slap, heat of the moment or not. Probably some truth in what she said as he probably wasn't as attentive as he is now. He was probably more work focused than family and wife's betrayal forced him to connect more with Ah Ri. Yes Byeori is innocent however to expect him to immediately accept that kid is ridiculous and although the wife is right in that child shouldn't suffer because of adults to me there is a bit of an "oh get over it" vibe to them wanting him to let Byeori stay which isn't fair to pops. Until he makes his peace with his hurt and pain also his own guilt for what ever happened in the past they have no right to force him to in essence hurry up and get over it.

@celebrianna  remember Ah Ri is trying to write a up a concept for a new show and when she was talking to that waster PD who is trying to ride her coattails to success they were talking about a food show. This is where they'll all tie in. As the boys already have a concept and a good following. With Ah Ri's help and User waster girls connections they launch something similar on a network to a wider audience. User girl wants her to cast Joon Soo as she wants him but him but he ain't interested. String's will be pulled and situations manipulated so that some how they'll all end up working on this show together. 

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I too prefer Ah Ri than Bora. I didn't like Ah Ri's dad dislike of Byeo Ri, who is just a young girl, also I disapprove of him slapping Ah Ri. He feels bitter towards his late ex-wife, but why does he vent his anger towards a child?

Bora's wife is wiser than her husband. She is so kind to the child, despite being the ex-wife's daughter 

@nohamahamoud2002, there’s a lot of baggage there with Joong Han. He’s also not obligated to like Byeori just because she’s a child. I don’t think it’s Byeori that bothers him but rather the fact that she’s his ex-wife’s child. I honestly have no problem with him slapping Ahri. Mothers-in-law do it all the time in these shows. A parent can do it as well. I don’t necessarily think he slapped her because of her honesty. I think he slapped her because he felt she was ungrateful to say that. Later he told Hae Shim, “how dare she say that to me after all the care I put into raising her?” So maybe he felt she was ungrateful because it was difficult to raise her on his own and he had to work and pay back debts at the same time. 

It’s not like Ahri wasn’t cold to her mother too. I don’t know what happened but she also acted bitter with her mother and then the mother died suddenly. 

Honestly, my hats off to Joong Han and Hae Shim if they eventually decide to raise Byeori. I don’t know who in their right mind want to raise an ex-spouse’s kid after already raising adult children. At that time in their lives it would be nice to relax and enjoy their relationship and also marry off their adult daughters. Not to mention there is a biological father walking around and not stepping forward to assume responsibility to raise his kid. Won’t he eventually show up and claim the kid after others have become attached to her?

6 hours ago, tas82 said:

Can't believe he slap her. She was out of line saying something so hurtful to the parent that "stuck around" but still no need for that slap, heat of the moment or not. Probably some truth in what she said as he probably wasn't as attentive as he is now. He was probably more work focused than family and wife's betrayal forced him to connect more with Ah Ri. Yes Byeori is innocent however to expect him to immediately accept that kid is ridiculous and although the wife is right in that child shouldn't suffer because of adults to me there is a bit of an "oh get over it" vibe to them wanting him to let Byeori stay which isn't fair to pops. Until he makes his peace with his hurt and pain also his own guilt for what ever happened in the past they have no right to force him to in essence hurry up and get over it.

@celebrianna  remember Ah Ri is trying to write a up a concept for a new show and when she was talking to that waster PD who is trying to ride her coattails to success they were talking about a food show. This is where they'll all tie in. As the boys already have a concept and a good following. With Ah Ri's help and User waster girls connections they launch something similar on a network to a wider audience. User girl wants her to cast Joon Soo as she wants him but him but he ain't interested. String's will be pulled and situations manipulated so that some how they'll all end up working on this show together. 

Yep, I feel the same as you about Joong Han. Right now my landlord and his wife are getting divorced and boy is it a nasty divorce. He doesn’t want anything to do with her and she the same. Joong Han probably feels the same way about his ex-wife. He doesn’t want anything to do with her and then here comes her child conceived with another man and somehow he’s suppose to raise her? It’s so ludicrous, really. He and Hae Shim might as well try to conceive their own child if they’re are going to start raising another kid this late.

I honestly don’t know where the writer is going with this though. Will Ahri raised the child, will her biological father raise her or will Hae Shim and Joong Han raise her eventually? 

@tas82, that producer is Joon Soo’s former girlfriend or something so she can’t approach him directly. However, I hope Ahri and her gets to Dae Ro instead. Right now they’re focused on Joon Soo but I want Ahri to discover Dae Ro. Maybe she accidentally gets one of his lunches. 

27 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@tas82, that producer is Joon Soo’s former girlfriend or something so she can’t approach him directly. However, I hope Ahri and her gets to Dae Ro instead. Right now they’re focused on Joon Soo but I want Ahri to discover Dae Ro. Maybe she accidentally gets one of his lunches. 

Aaahh I see. I thought they just grew up around each other and she just always fancied her oppa. Yeah for sure Ah Ri will end up linking with Dae Ro maybe via Bo Ra? However they link it will be interesting to see how they realise the have a link in Byeori and sauna lady, and as her mum use to help Dae Ro I think he'll most definitely be more inclined to work with her. It'll be even more interesting to see how they reveal her birth secret, they'll be well shocked when they realise they share a sister. 

6 hours ago, tas82 said:

Aaahh I see. I thought they just grew up around each other and she just always fancied her oppa. Yeah for sure Ah Ri will end up linking with Dae Ro maybe via Bo Ra? However they link it will be interesting to see how they realise the have a link in Byeori and sauna lady, and as her mum use to help Dae Ro I think he'll most definitely be more inclined to work with her. It'll be even more interesting to see how they reveal her birth secret, they'll be well shocked when they realise they share a sister. 

@tas82, I think it was mentioned by either Sun Han’s (Sunny?) aunt or maybe it was Joon Soo’s mom that he used to date a producer name Sunny in America. That was around episode 1 or 2. I can’t remember exactly. Since Ahri’s producer showed up at Won Tae’s home as the niece, it’s clear that it’s her they meant. Also she basically hinted to Ahri yesterday that she knows Joon Soo and he would probably refuse her pitch so she instead wants Ahri to pitch the idea to him about the show. She also told Ahri not to mention her name as the producer. 

For today’s episode, maybe I’m missing something but I don’t see how Chan Sung is at fault in the accident. Not only did he sustain a back injury, he was parked properly (it looked like) and was retrieving something from the truck. The rich lady, Jiran, on the other hand, was driving without lights and wasn’t attentive. Are Dae Ro and Chan Sung just ignorant or the traffic laws in SK are so different from other places? The truck door wasn’t even open to the extent of causing an accident. The lady was reckless by taking the corner so close and then running smack into Chan Sung. 

It’s funny how I preferred Joon Soo but I find myself taking Dae Ro’s side in some of his arguments though not all. It’s probably good that Dae Ro quit though. He can focus on his business and I hope Ahri goes to him instead to pitch a food feature. She already realize who Joon Soo is so she will probably run away and present a different target to Sun Han instead. 

I think the Food Report that Joon Soo’s father released years ago involved Dae Ro’s father’s ice cream business and prompted Joon Soo to leave SK to study abroad. When Bora brought up the Food Report with Joon Soo he looked very upset. I think there’s a disturbing story here involving Joon Soo, his father and Dae Ro and his father. Dae Ro already rudely rejected Joon Soo’s father in episode 1 or 2 so we already know there’s bad blood there.

I feel like Ah Ri's dad favours Bo Ra and he's blatantly showing her such care and then when it comes to Ah Ri's he's like ungrateful brat. Also Joon Soo is an RickRoll'D. I don't like Ah Ri's dad, he exploded when he found out about Hae Shim and Ah Ri hiding Byeori, but with Bo Ra he's like it's okay apple of my eye. I feel like he ranks Hae Shim, then Bo Ra, then Ah Ri in his list of priorities. Also him saying it's wrong to raise another man's child but he raised Bo Ra? For me as well, Ah Ri was unfair to say what she did, but judging from the dad's vibe her comments aren't wholly off. He just seems spiteful and basically inattentive to his biological child.

Ah Ri's personality has improved a bit. Though the rest of the cast are grating, Dae Ro is that friend you want in your corner.

@lysanderayumi, why wouldn’t Joong Han raise Bora? Bora’s mother is raising Ahri. I don’t get your point at all. Both parents brought a kid to the marriage. Hae Shim acts like a mom to Ahri and Joong Han acts like a dad to Bora. In fact, right now Joong Han takes care of Bora and Hae Shim is looking out for Ahri. 

With Byeori it’s entirely different. She is not Hae Shim’s child and she is not a Joong Han’s child. Neither of them are obligated towards Byeori. 

As far as Joong Han treating Bora better, it might be the case but that’s probably because she’s his wife’s child. He probably wouldn’t treat her harshly like Ahri because she’s not his biological child. Unfortunately that happens in step families because the non-biological parent wants to be liked by the non-biological child. It happened in the wonderful weekend family drama Five Is Enough.

I can also say that Hae Shim treats Ahri nicely and cautiously too. Notice that she didn’t make a fuss when Ahri took her truck and hindered her flower delivery business. It took Bora to tell off Ahri and demand that she apologize to her mother. 

Indeed I don’t like how angry Joong Han was about who Byeori is but I can also understand his point of view. Even if a viewer doesn’t like the way he’s acting, he has every right to act that way since he alone knows what happened with his ex-wife and the grievances he may feel. I mean, really, why does he have to raise his ex-wife’s child? It’s not his child or his wife’s child or even his sibling’s child.

In today’s episode we find out that Joong Han might have neglected his wife for work and he didn’t romance her and  tell her nice things like he does with Hae Shim now. At least he learned from his mistake. And then on the ex-wife’s fault, it seems like she took Joong Han’s money and gave it to another man and left him for another man. That’s all that was said so far. So it seems both were at fault. However, this doesn’t change the fact that Joong Han doesn’t want to have anything to do with his ex-wife and her relations.

No but my thing (I didn't explain it well) is him pointing out that someone raising another man's child is foolish, especially with the same old line of we don't share blood. This is legit my pet peeve from getting a degree in Korea studies, they use those same lines from condoning child drop off boxes to the fact that unwed mothers couldn't register children in their family registry until fairly recently.I do concede your point about stepparents wanting to be liked by step children but there's a part where its too obvious. Hae Shim is the perfect point of in between whereas Ah Ri's dad even before Byeori came into the picture come off as apathetic and indifferent about his daughter. Like in the 1(?) where he's thinking Hae Shim for liking Ah Ri, he just starts of with she's this this but thankfully you're a saint. Like even if he doesn't like Byeori that's fine but the fact that he's one sidedly decided to cut off his daughter from the family at large because she's trying to take care of her blood like he says he did with her strikes me off wrong. He doesn't have to raise his ex wife's child but he doesn't get to be angry that his daughter is trying to took responsibility for her. I saw other commenter saying the Bio dad should step up and yeah he should but y'know nobody apart from us viewers know he's alive and that Dae Ro is probably Byeori's brother. Furthermore, even when Ah Ri said she'd send Byeori to an orphanage her dad was basically fuming and maintaining that she shouldn't have any contact with her after that. That is incredibly callous, even if there's some deep pain.  And just because we're in pain doesn't give us excuses for all the actions we take while in pain. If it did having fits of emotion wouldn't give anyone jail sentences in the 21st century.

55 minutes ago, lysanderayumi said:

No but my thing (I didn't explain it well) is him pointing out that someone raising another man's child is foolish, especially with the same old line of we don't share blood. This is legit my pet peeve from getting a degree in Korea studies, they use those same lines from condoning child drop off boxes to the fact that unwed mothers couldn't register children in their family registry until fairly recently.I do concede your point about stepparents wanting to be liked by step children but there's a part where its too obvious. Hae Shim is the perfect point of in between whereas Ah Ri's dad even before Byeori came into the picture come off as apathetic and indifferent about his daughter. Like in the 1(?) where he's thinking Hae Shim for liking Ah Ri, he just starts of with she's this this but thankfully you're a saint. Like even if he doesn't like Byeori that's fine but the fact that he's one sidedly decided to cut off his daughter from the family at large because she's trying to take care of her blood like he says he did with her strikes me off wrong. He doesn't have to raise his ex wife's child but he doesn't get to be angry that his daughter is trying to took responsibility for her. I saw other commenter saying the Bio dad should step up and yeah he should but y'know nobody apart from us viewers know he's alive and that Dae Ro is probably Byeori's brother. Furthermore, even when Ah Ri said she'd send Byeori to an orphanage her dad was basically fuming and maintaining that she shouldn't have any contact with her after that. That is incredibly callous, even if there's some deep pain.  And just because we're in pain doesn't give us excuses for all the actions we take while in pain. If it did having fits of emotion wouldn't give anyone jail sentences in the 21st century.

Indeed you might not like SK’s value of blood ties but it’s their culture. I find them rather harsh about several things but I acknowledge that cultures think differently on family matters. Who am I to tell them that blood isn’t important when most people of all cultures indeed value their biological family? In the West people are simply more open to adoption because of our compassion, moral teachings and/or our desire to do good or feel good about ourselves.

Regarding Joong Han, I don’t disagree with his refusal to raise his ex-wife’s child. It’s his right. Even here in the West I believe a person would find it ridiculous to raise the child of their ex-wife especially if they can’t stand that ex-wife. It’s not even like it’s a child that she brought to the marriage, which would be an entirely different story. It’s a child that was conceived, most likely from the man she left him for. It was revealed in today’s episode that she felt unloved and neglected and left him for another man. If he’s still bitter about the whole thing, would he even consider raising this child? No. And there are lots of people in real life who wouldn’t do it either. Raising a child is a lot of responsibility and why would he make that sacrifice again?

About Ahri, she made the decision to walk out of the house on her own two feet. The father didn’t kick her out. It’s great that she wants to raise Byeori but she will need to stand on her own two feet. The father told Hae Shim basically not to act as a crutch for Ahri. Since Ahri made the decision to raise her sister, she should understand the responsibility as well. What the father did is not unlike arguments that young adults have with their parents. I can’t count the number of times I have heard, “If you can’t live by my rules then don’t live under my roof”. To me this whole scenario with Ahri and her father is as generic as the disowned, rebellious child in the perspective of a parent for going against their will. It might be harsh, but I do think that if a person is old enough to make these big decisions, that person should be old enough to bear the responsibility. So even if the father is harsh, he doesn’t have to feed and clothe the child that doesn’t obey him. So, I see both sides of the matter with Ahri and her father.

About hurting others, people do it every day even more so in families. People will be hurt and hurt others until the day they die. Excuse or no excuse. 

No but my thing (I didn't explain it well) is him pointing out that someone raising another man's child is foolish, especially with the same old line of we don't share blood. This is legit my pet peeve from getting a degree in Korea studies, they use those same lines from condoning child drop off boxes to the fact that unwed mothers couldn't register children in their family registry until fairly recently.I do concede your point about stepparents wanting to be liked by step children but there's a part where its too obvious. Hae Shim is the perfect point of in between whereas Ah Ri's dad even before Byeori came into the picture come off as apathetic and indifferent about his daughter. Like in the 1(?) where he's thinking Hae Shim for liking Ah Ri, he just starts of with she's this this but thankfully you're a saint. Like even if he doesn't like Byeori that's fine but the fact that he's one sidedly decided to cut off his daughter from the family at large because she's trying to take care of her blood like he says he did with her strikes me off wrong. He doesn't have to raise his ex wife's child but he doesn't get to be angry that his daughter is trying to took responsibility for her. I saw other commenter saying the Bio dad should step up and yeah he should but y'know nobody apart from us viewers know he's alive and that Dae Ro is probably Byeori's brother. Furthermore, even when Ah Ri said she'd send Byeori to an orphanage her dad was basically fuming and maintaining that she shouldn't have any contact with her after that. That is incredibly callous, even if there's some deep pain. 

I have no how I posted the same thing twice but he told her she can't live there if she wants to keep in touch with Byeori. Like that is kicking her out because he already knows her choice. Also you pointed out the whole under my room, my rules things and sure that's chill but are you honestly saying all people who decide to walk out on their own aren't forced by their parents or the way RickRoll'D is going down? That's what it sounds like to me. And I said Joong Han doesn't have to raise his ex wife's child but he shouldn't block the rest of the family from contacting Ah Ri, it's just petty. Also if his wife unloved and neglected imagine how his child did ? And he's basically just reinforcing it. Like standing on her own feet is something she has to yes but he's actively working against and judging immediately that she's asking for help or coercing Hae Shim into talking for her when she isn't. I don't think that's a sign of a great dad or person to be honest. Like yeah he's bitter but is he going to die on that hill of bitterness?

@lysanderayumi, as far as I remember, Joong Han referred to his circumstances when he said he’s not foolish to raise another man’s child. Please look at the context. He wasn’t making a general statement. Context is very important in interpreting his meaning. 

Regarding SK, through their shows I do realize that divorced parents and single mothers are discriminated against. I don’t think it was only the case in SK though. Even in the West those things used to be frowned upon. It’s just that things changed long time ago in the West so that single parents and divorced parents are more accepted. 

45 minutes ago, lysanderayumi said:

But I am not talking about raising Byeori as the main point, I'm talking about his petty actions and the fact that he's one sidedly deciding things. Please look at my context too.

Though I do think they'll end up raising Byeori for a bit because drama logic.

:sweatingbullets: It’s good that you’re not a petty person. I think most people are petty. They probably won’t admit it but it’s true. I see and hear it in my work place, in my family, among my friends and generally, in humanity. I think Joong Han is acting very flawed as most humans do who see only their pain and who hold grudges against others for hurting them. Yes, even adults and parents lash out at those who hurt them. Quite frankly, in these circumstances I don’t find Joong Han’s point of view and behavior uncommon. I don’t like how angry he gets even when Hae Shim brings up the issue but that’s mainly because I like peace and quiet. :lol: I also don’t like to see how this issue is impacting their marriage harmony.

In any case, I can easily say I have family members who are just as petty and fight each other and stop talking to each other regularly. I have two aunts who don’t talk to each other for no valid reason at all. They cut each other off. I’m sure lots of people have witnessed these kinds of things in real life because my friends and acquaintances talk about similar experiences in their families or among  friends.

@lysanderayumiAbout deciding things one-sidedly, I’m not sure what you mean. Do you mean not deciding things with Hae Shim? As far as I’m concerned she’s the only person he needs to make decisions with because she’s his partner. Ahri doesn’t get to decide “with” him.

I think it is a bit harsh on Byeo Ri to feel that no one wants her :(

I like Bora's mother reaction towards Byeo Ri, she was merciful and compassionate.

It is logical that the father does not want to raise the child but also he should not vent his anger towards her, because she is just a child. His wife is more reasonable.

Also we don't know the full story about Ah Ri's mom, she is described as being helpful to people in need, but we don't know her reasons for leaving her husband.

5 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think it is a bit harsh on Byeo Ri to feel that no one wants her :(

I like Bora's mother reaction towards Byeo Ri, she was merciful and compassionate.

It is logical that the father does not want to raise the child but also he should not vent his anger towards her, because she is just a child. His wife is more reasonable.

Also we don't know the full story about Ah Ri's mom, she is described as being helpful to people in need, but we don't know her reasons for leaving her husband.

Yes, we already got some reasons why she left him. Ahri told her father yesterday that he never complimented her mother. He never cooked for them like he cooks for their current family. Hae Shim also looked in Ahri’s photo album and saw that Joong Han was missing from the photo albums. When Hae Shim asked him why he got defensive and said he was always working. And he even let it slip that his wife took his money and give to another man. also either during his conversation with Ahri or Hae Shim, he mentioned that the ex-wife left him for another man. 

So yes, some things are slowly emerging. 

Yes, Hae Shim is more reasonable. She has a soft temper. However, I wonder if she would be as reasonable if it was her ex-husband and experienced the same circumstances? It’s easier to judge people when you’re not walking in their shoes. How about if Joong Han bring home an illegitimate child to her to raise, I wonder how her attitude will be then. 

I know in Mom is Having An Affair, the male lead was hated from since a small child by his father’s wife because he was an illegitimate child. He was a symbol of the father’s supposed adultery. Some viewers understood the stepmother’s attitude towards the child and some viewers didn’t agree with it. However, it is true that bringing home that child created trouble in the family from childhood to adulthood even for that child who was hated. That’s only an example of many others. So yes, adults can dislike children. It’s shown often enough in Kdrama shows and even Chinese historical shows where the head of the family has a wife and concubines.

Here I don’t know if Joong Han actually dislike Byeori or he just dislike her mother so much that he doesn’t want to have any connection with her.

Preview on Tomorrow's Episode 

what happen to Byeori's face?

where are they (Ah Ri and Byeori) moving? are they going back to Ah Ri's House?

and @celebrianna is correct the producer lady and JH is somehow know each other, old flames maybe? but base on JH expression I don't think so. I guess we will find out later

58 minutes ago, mjmartinez said:

Preview on Tomorrow's Episode 

what happen to Byeori's face?

where are they (Ah Ri and Byeori) moving? are they going back to Ah Ri's House?

and @celebrianna is correct the producer lady and JH is somehow know each other, old flames maybe? but base on JH expression I don't think so. I guess we will find out later

Byeori was bullied by a group of girls after she left the convenience store. She started to cry and defend herself and the girls pushed her down. Her cheek was scratched. Joong Han happened upon the scene and cried out to scold the group of girls to get them to back off. When he went to help the child who was lying on the ground he came face to face with Byeori. That’s where the show ended. 

Hae Shim took Ahri today to look for a studio apartment. She said she has some savings and she plan to give it to Ahri to get a place ASAP. That’s the answer to Ahri and Byeori moving. 

Yes, Joon Soo and Sun Han has a history between them. I’m glad they finally meet because I’m curious about their past.

Archived