[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, the one most responsible for Ahri's miscarriage is herself. She should have put her baby first above everything and everyone. If she had thought that JS married her only because of the baby, why did she cared what her mother in law thinks about her? She should have insisted on living apart from her in laws. I'm sure she knew her mother-in-law would not treat her well.

It’s upsetting to see remarks blaming AhRi for her miscarriage - again blaming the victim! In reality, no  healthy  pregnancy would have miscarried through the things that we saw her go through, as aggravating and unfair as they were.

The writing is often miserable, in this regard - so many of these dailies want to put the blame on women, keep them in a place that women no longer want to stay, not even in Korea. This daily, at least, put elements of a woman striving to be herself without oppressive conventions. It is at its best when showing the sadness of AhRi and JunSoo in their separate grieving. The scenes with AhRi  and ByoRi are lovely.
It would be a natural thing for someone who has gone through so much, put up with so much, losing her mother, being kicked out by her dad because she dared to care for her own sister, unintentionally getting pregnant (this drunk sex issue really needs to stop being pushed in K dramas) and after all she did not marry for love, never wanted to marry, so it is natural that she would need time to gather herself. WOMEN HAVE THIS RIGHT! Her body needs to adjust, so even though JS is going through loss, she has a triple whammy. Women are brought up always to take the blame, to put other women down for not fitting conventions. Women often have to try to push the right buttons on the male ego so that they don’t get harmed, while males are brought up never to admit being wrong -that’s what also distorts people like JS mother and AhRi’s dad and stepmom...

This is an opportunity for AR and JS to grow, remember JS has some dealing with himself, from the past, to do as well,  though it seems the writers have forgotten that...

What is most disturbing throughout this drama is AhRi’s abusive dad. That no one really tells him like it is, is infuriating and dangerous - it’s sends the wrong signals Anyone in reality acting like this - anyone out there who has somebody in their life acting like this - that person needs psychological help, he is abusive and nothing he says or does is justified!!!

In the next episode, looks like she returns to that abusive home and stepmom doesn’t have the courage to do what’s right - you don’t have to be physically abusive - although he threatens physical violence - to harm another person...

I sincerely hope that her dad will have some deep conversations with the mirror before the series ends and realize how sick he is.

As for AR and SJ, whether they get together or not - the most important thing is that they both learn to stand on their own 2 feet emotionally and stop letting others destroy their relationship.

These dramas are not just entertainment, they are a form of propaganda and it may be tiresome for people to have to realize that, but it is that way, not just in Korea but throughout the world -there are always social politics involved. As much as these dailies try to push old conventions, evil parents in law, gals always having to give in, etc, they do, also, make people reject such conventions, as well, by being so over the top... less than 20 episodes to go, I do hope things will be surprisingly intelligently (for a daily) resolved

@Gaia2u hmmm let’s see here, according to kdramas:

1. There are lots of scammers in SK and apparently all the women, especially nice ones, are dumb enough to fall for them!

2. Refer to item 1. Women who are nice are dumb. the nasty ones are smart.

3. Fathers and grandfathers hold the supreme authority and are always right and must be treated with respect no matter how shitty they are.

4. and the women in the family must always obey to them. Just nod and accept whatever they spit out or throw at you.

5. In laws are gods. Their words are as good as the 10 commandments.

6. the netizens will quickly judge, bash, badmouth, flame, spit out harassing comments on anything.

7. even someone who is beautiful is still not beautiful by their standards. Look at AR, she’s so darn pretty but they treat her like she’s a pithecanthropus erectus.

8. Drunk woohoos and unwanted pregnancies! And then the nonexistent baby.

9. Rich people are ALWAYS a-holes. Let’s pretend that avengers social club and Jaehee’s mom from Homemade Love Story didn’t exist.

10.  Remember kids, the parents you grew up with might 80% not be your actual birth parents!

11. The law enforcers are ALWAYS useless, letting the villains running scot free for 100 episodes, half assed response to cases/reports, takes a millennia to process a case, or just never gave a damn f**k.

12. remember children, if you get wronged by your parents, and they never repent or be apologetic about the trauma they’ve put you through, always kumbaya with them!

13. Don’t worry about being despicable, evil, remorseless, irredeemable subhumans, because everyone will still forgive you! And you can escape being convicted for your misdeeds too!

14. A crimson biological liquid is thicker than actual human bonds created from actual process of getting to know and understand each other, which actually takes time and can affect you on a psychological level. Wow!

And they said Disney’s Star Wars had problems.

14 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

Oh no please dont kill off Halmoni :((

but I’m scared the writers plan is to make him die and have AR’s father regret it and finally forgive after he dies

actually It will make a lot of sense if Mr. Shin is going to be Byeori's Biological dad 

1. It will redeem AR Biological mom by stating the truth that she didnt cheat on her husband and he is her first love

2. and it will fix Halmoni and Mr. Shin relationship

3. a family for Byeori

4. Mr. Shin will eventually accept DR for BR

After catching up on the last 3 episodes I must say little Byeo-ri is the most "mature, understanding, compassionate, responsible & intelligent" character in this whole drama. It feels as though she is Ah-ri’s big sister rather than the other way around. I also think the writers have been busy trying to redeem Bo-ra (feels like a full 360° turnaround), Joong- han (so far just realising & accepting his role in Ah-ri’s messed up viewpoint about marriage & relationship) & Jae-Soo (his compassion shown to Ah-ri).

As for that Uhm PD who appears to be suffering from delusions of grandeur, she needs a reality check as she appears to be stuck living in la-la land. Uhm PD seriously needs to get her head examined! Does she really think summoning the memories when Jun-su told her she looked the prettiest would work on him now, knowing what a cheat she is? Girl please! I hope Jun-su makes her character known to everyone & the writers pack up her role & ship her a** out to the USA asap, what a waste of airtime!

I was so happy to see Jun-su made it explicitly known to everyone that he does not plan on giving up on his relationship with Ah-ri. I honestly think Jun-su had the best character transformation in this drama thus far, he just gets more & more handsome, funny & adorable with each episode, plus he finally reminisced about their photo-shoot kiss ...YAY. I’m also glad to see Secretary Kim is there once again to support & cheer him on. It is so amusing to see the way Jun-su on a daily basis keeps running off from the breakfast table after stating his intentions concerning Ah-ri to his parents. It’s like he drops a bombshell & then runs before the aftermath LOL. I am curious to see how the writers plan on redeeming Jun-su’s parents. I just hope Jun-su finds out about all their underhand scheming with Uhm PD before that happens.

Although I don’t particularly like Jae-su, I do feel a bit sorry for him that his cancer is back & worst yet has metastasized leaving him with only a month left to live. I’m wondering if the writers plan on letting Byeo-ri end up with Jun-su & Ah-ri as a family. I can’t lie to say, but I would really like to see that happen.

3 hours ago, Shari said:

was so happy to see Jun-su made it explicitly known to everyone that he does not plan on giving up on his relationship with Ah-ri. I honestly think Jun-su had the best character transformation in this drama thus far, he just gets more & more handsome, funny & adorable with each episode, plus he finally reminisced about their photo-shoot kiss ...YAY. I’m also glad to see Secretary Kim is there once again to support & cheer him on. It is so amusing to see the way Jun-su on a daily basis keeps running off from the breakfast table after stating his intentions concerning Ah-ri to his parents. It’s like he drops a bombshell & then runs before the aftermath LOL. I am curious to see how the writers plan on redeeming Jun-su’s parents. I just hope Jun-su finds out about all their underhand scheming with Uhm PD before that happens.

My mom said to me that JS should rather just marry Secretary Kim than the vampire witch just because he’s far more supportive of JS and unlike the witch, he’s genuinely loyal and a good friend. And my mom is somewhat homophobic! Just to let that sink in.

I really dont get the parents why do they kowtow to the witch when she was the one who caused him misery and even ditched him in the first place. JS should just broadcast it that this shameless piece of subhuman garbage dumped him for some other guy, and now she’s trying to suck up to him and ruin his brand new happiness just to get him back. I feel like that’s the punishment for her, not just for what she did to JS, but also her harassments towards AR and her coworkers. the story needs to go viral and then she gets fired and never to receive work in Korea ever again. Then they can pack her and ship her out to Timbuktu for all I care, annyeong!

Decided to re-watch this weeks' episodes and I must say Dae-Ro looked the best I’ve ever seen him appearance wise, when he went under cover wearing that pair of glasses and face mask. Also, his friend Chan-Sung looked quite pretty dressed as a woman & in my opinion he could act as a double for Ji-Ran if ever needed LOL. To me the resemblance between them was striking. It’s really amazing the things you notice when you look at something twice.

Well that was just lazy. As much as I didn't like granny man to now kill him off after he's finally starting to put write the mess he's created is jus not fair. The writers couldn't be bother to find a way plausible for JH to come to his senses and for peace to finally be made. So what BR and DR will end up hitched and living in grandpa's house raising BR with help from AR? Then gramps moves back in? Oh maybe both couples under one roof helping to raise BR? Just how big is that darn house anyways?

They better shut down the PD once and for all by the end of next week it's just to darn tedious and they also best reveal his parents collusion to JS. He can't be taking AR back around these toxic people. 

11 hours ago, monalisa said:

What cancer does HTS has?

He was told he is in the late stages of liver cancer which has already metastasized to his other organs and is non-treatable. They gave him around a month or so to live, poor man.

Well today’s episode was quite amusing. It was so hilarious seeing Jun-su on his kick scooter, this guy really pulling out all the stops to win his girl. It’s like his actions gets cuter & more adorable every time I see him now, fighting Jun-su! Ah-ri girl, your days of playing hard to get are numbered. In the preview he was so full of pride when telling his parents "couples who have been together start looking similar". Jun-su honey sorry to say but your taste in the past was horrible (based on how Uhm PD dressed today), but boy I’m so happy you’ve seen the light & been reborn (thanks to meeting Ah-ri).

I cannot decide whether Uhm PD looked like a leopard (we all know a leopard doesn’t change its spot) or a cheetah (name sounds similar to her past action as a cheater) as they both justify the description of her character. The audacity she had saying it’s a hippie look fashion, girl please you’ve clearly lost touch with reality. She’s lucky someone didn’t notify the zoo that one of their animals is loose on the prowl. Honestly, she looked as though she would fit in on any street corner in the “red light district of Amsterdam”. Writers do us viewers a favor & write this one off the script asap please!

As for Ji-ran she’s just as shameless as her niece, after how Ji-ran acted towards Hae-sim she wants her help now in divorcing that snake of a husband smh. Hae-sim should have blanked her & told her "you reap what you sow".

I pity Jae-s as his time to spend with Byeo-ri & Dae-ro seems to be running out. On the downside Bo-ra & Dae-ro’s story-line still boring as hell, no sparks, nothing to see there but hit the fast forward button. I think it’s more interesting to see what the writers have in store for Jae-su story-line than those 2.

It’s refreshing to see the ML not trying to play mediator between his evil mom and his girl and actually stand up for what he wants not like a loser. Really love his resilience and nonchalance lol. But please writer don’t kill off grandma it doesn’t fit in with the theme and it serves nothing except as a plot hole.

Archived