[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what it is but I still find Granny Man/Byeori's dad annoying.  I can't find myself pitying him when he's become  a burden to so many people around him.  Also, I sure hope that if he ends up with Won Tae Weasel's wife, they don't think about taking in Byeori.  Imagine her as Byeori's stepmom.  I'm sure that won't happen but imagine if it did.  Ugh...

All the Jun-su & Ah-ri scenes was the highlight of today's episode for me, the rest total rubbish. There’s a slowly developing "unspoken understanding" between Jun-su & Ah-ri which is so good to see. Hopefully, Ah-ri will soon realise Jun-su has her back & is there when she needs him. Since living together, it’s the first time I’ve seen Jun-su dressed so casually at home in sweatshirt & pants just like Ah-ri, even matching colours LOL. It was so sweet seeing him spending alone time with Byeo-ri, what a man he has turned out to be!

Granny man actions continue to be that of someone shameless & selfish. Ah-ri has seen a lot of trouble because of him, with having to take care of Byeo-ri from the onset & to be fair it was Ah-ri who got that loan shark caught, locked up & off his back! All granny man & Dae-ro did was to provide a will to clear granny man name & submit a video, again to clear him. So granny man thinks he’s something so special and wants Ah-ri to bring Byeo-ri over to him now that he feels like it? This man is such a loser!

I agree with everyone, can’t believe they actually made us agree with AR’s dad of all ppl. It’s like these dads are passing the “extremely unlikeable” batons around and currently granny man is the holder. He continues being freaking selfish and all these people like JR and DR working to help him out like he’s sth special disgusts me. He endangered Byeori and as a result AR as well, AR was the one who kept on protecting Byeori, and she and JS were the ones who made her smile, NOT THIS SHAMELESS CROSSDRESSER. 

But JS’ dad is also still annoying and irritating, honestly I feel a bit sorry for GS, I can see why she turned the way she is with a mousy husband that didn’t even want to lift a finger to help with the dishes. Even though her jealousy is childish I feel like she was actually lonely and knowing how JS was, when she saw him pamper AR it made her jealous and lonely. You can argue it was her fault not trying to be better for her son but JS also closed his heart. 

I’m happy AR changed JS for the better, he’s so much better now and you can tell he’s enjoying his life a lot more with AR and Byeori at his side. Seeing his mousy dad I find it hard to believe they’re related, JS is such a fine man, nothing like his dad, it really feels like a donkey had a dragon for a child. 

I can't stand HJSs whisper like voice. Why is he speaking like that? For sympathy? As he tells his tale of woe to everyone without once taking responsibility for any of the destruction and mess he's caused. Yet everybody seems to feel sorry for him. Such a gross character 

23 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

I can't stand HJSs whisper like voice. Why is he speaking like that? For sympathy? As he tells his tale of woe to everyone without once taking responsibility for any of the destruction and mess he's caused. Yet everybody seems to feel sorry for him. Such a gross character 

@Bejaffled I totally agree with you here!

I too can't stand granny man creepy whispers, it's monotonous and beyond irritating. His character/role in this drama is like a waste of screen time for me & I don't feel one ounce of pity for his dilemmas. To me he is just a selfish, foul mouthed jerk who has never demonstrated sincere remorse for any of his actions and the negative effects it had on the people around him. 

I'm trying to stay optimistic that at the end of this drama the writers would not let Byeo-ri stay with someone like this, father or not.

Why oh why is this venomous snake called Won-tae persistently slithering around to cause trouble? Bo-ra is probably so embarrassed that she possesses some of his DNA.

On the bright side, gotta luv Ah-ri’s “tit fot tat” with her mother-in-law & her speedy responses sometimes. The classic today for me was “the ancestors should eat out every now and then,”:joy: OMG what a comeback that was! I seriously think that’s one of the reasons Jun-su is so attracted & keeps falling for her, she keeps surprising him by being able to take a stand against his annoying mother which he finds difficult to do himself. Jun-su looked so darn adorable the way he was crushing on Ah-ri while she slept.

Hmmmm Byeo-ri is one inquisitive little child with a strong addiction for that silly wonky show. Off course it was only a matter of time for her to find out about granny man being her dad before it was revealed to her by the adults. Hopefully, she doesn’t blame Ah-ri too much for hiding it from her (once again granny man is responsible for this). Will just have to wait & see how that plays out.

For the life of me I can’t understand what that witch producer Uhm smoking. Someone needs to tell her “leave the people man alone, the man don’t want you, you’re old news, so leave the past in the past and have some pride & self respect for yourself please!” Can’t believe she had the audacity to confidently go to the house Jun-su & Ah-ri currently living in, to carry gifts for Jun-su’s easily bought parents; who themselves are too despicable for entertaining her nonsense. Hopefully, gangster grandma could take this little piece of trash with her on her way back to the USA, fingers crossed!

Ikr @Shari the audacity of that vampire witch thinking she had a chance with JS. Even if she bought her way into his parents’ hearts JS is more than willing to ditch them and run off with AR and Byeori. At this point he’d rather kiss a frog and then eat it alive than be with that shameless witch. What’s this woman’s head made of, reinforced vibranium mixed with mithril and adamantite??? Why is it so hard to hammer JS’s firm and repeated refusals into her head?? Plus if she really was head over heels for him then why did she cheat on him in the first place?? It’s her own fault that JS is sick of her, and seeing how that mousy rat dad still suck up to her even though she hurt his son makes me sick.

As usual, I totally LOVED :wub: all those adorable Jun-su & Ah-ri scenes!!! I can’t wait to see the one tomorrow where they are listening to Organic heartbeat together and he told her “it’s the most gorgeous sound that he’s ever heard in his life.”:heartxoxo:

I must say Byeo-ri is a remarkable child actor, her varied display of emotions is spot on. I was so happy to hear her telling granny man if she could continue living with Ah-ri, until Ah-ri’s crafty & nosey mother-in-law most likely spoilt that. Byeo-ri may unwillingly decide to stay with her dad after overhearing Jun-su’s mom comment. Geum-sook tries to appear classy, but her actions make her look classless/uncouth. Why does she think it would be so easy for Ah-ri to send Byeo-ri to live with her dad, just because it was easy for her to ship off Jun-su to the USA?

In Geum-sook eyes her son comes first regardless of someone else’s daughter, what she fails to realise is it’s the same way Jun-su is thinking now. Thankfully, all that matters to him now is his Ah-ri & unborn child. Hopefully, Jun-su puts a stop to his mom giving Ah-ri a hard time by telling her they would move out if she continues with her nonsense, she needs to be ostracised from them to learn her lesson.

First of all, what a great job the writer has done developing the JS  and Ahri storyline.  From their initial meetings where they had a negative impression of each other to beginning understand each other through dealing with  JS painic attacks and talking about Ari's mums death. 

Also I like how  writer explored the unexpected pregnancy from Ari and JS perspective.  From shock, fear denial to taking responsibility. Ultimately both Ari and SJ came to same conclusion they must do what it takes to protect their unborn child.

As others have mentioned, their attraction to each other started before the pregnancy. The PD and Bora saw JS as a prize not a person.  I think Bora biggest problem is JS could actually choose Ari over her as she also viewed Ari below her.

In this series I have never come across so many unlikeable father figures.  The one which I wish the writer  to explore further  is Ari and her fathers relationship.  Ari has had three major crisis to deal with so far, the death of her mother ,looking after Byeo-ri and the unexpected pregnancy.  I find  it sad that Ari could not inform her father of her mother's death and Byeo-ri and felt she needed to deal with it in stealth to not hurt his feelings.  Instead of comforting Ari  about her loss he was more worried about himself.

The unexpected pregnancy , yes he had a right to be angry but kicking her out and demanding an abortion would just crushed Ari and lead to resentment.   He in front of others clearly blames Ari and does not stand up for her.  I hope in this series there  is a storyline that exposes Ari resentment towards him and his behaviour.  If the baby is born I do not understand how he could even consider himself a grandfather as It will be a constant reminder on how he treated Ari poorly.

11 hours ago, afv said:

I hope in this series there  is a storyline that exposes Ari resentment towards him and his behaviour.  If the baby is born I do not understand how he could even consider himself a grandfather as It will be a constant reminder on how he treated Ari poorly.

Imo this is what disgusts me the most in kdramas. Just because you’re a family member doesn’t give you a jail free card for being douchebags, yet in all these types of dramas the nasty family members automatically got away for being jerks just because they’re family members. It’s one thing if they get called out for it, but no one called JH out for his discrimination against AR while he pampered BR. When HS tried to talk to him he throws a fit saying she doesn’t know anything and that he doesn’t want to hear it and cuts her off, even though she was being objective and brought up valid points. And then when the plot goes on all of it just gets swept under the rug. That is so disgusting. I don’t want to see JH acting like a grandpappy to Organic until he apologized to AR for everything.

i watch show only for couple of AR and JS so lovely, however this is the most delicate month if it becomes risky pregnancy mother in law will lose her son.

I really don't understand the transvestite dad, because everyone has forgiven him and accepted his reasons, he thinks that AR's dad will do the same by receiving the money he lost at that moment, he does not consider the humiliation the man suffered, he lost house he worked hard for and his wife after they broke up began a relationship with the man who made them lose everything.

since i really want to punch him i hope that the dad of AR i do it for me!  :naughty:

@Naty828 honestly as much as fake granny man disgusts me and the people around him enabled him, I have to say I hate AR’s dad just as much. This is like an election and the candidates are either incompetent or corrupt! You just don’t know which one to root for because JH is also a selfish prick, and just like fake granny he also never got called out for his actions! That one time HS really made a valid point that he hates DR simply bcs he’s granny man’s son, when he only had beef with the granny man, not his children. The children shouldn’t bear the sins of their parents. HS was right, and she was being fair and objective, but JH threw a tantrum like a freaking brat saying he doesn’t want to hear it. You’re a bleep-ing adult with wife and grown children, mr. Shin JH, NOT A SIX YEAR OLD. Yet you’re throwing a tantrum when someone makes a valid judgment and advice. It’s not like HS was saying that while being rude or challenging, she was saying that NICELY. All these adults acting like such brats except HS... But don’t get me wrong, I still hate granny man, but I’ll never like JH enough to actually root for him, he’s a selfish manbaby patriarch prick. But it’ll be heck damn interesting to see them rip each other apart.

Archived