[Drama 2020/2021] No matter what anyone says, 누가 뭐래도

0ly40

It was not only Grandpa also that Cross dresser granny who gave me BP yesterday. Mostly I fast fowrd his scenes but somehow watched her scene coz JS was in it . I hate every time he opens his mouth! It's not at all funny if writer thinks making him wear pink and act granny will do so! 

He just wants to get hold of Byuri anyhow! Does not He think what will Byuri go through once she realises what kind of man he is! Obviously  she will be happy initially but slowly it will be shameful . Plus he considers Ahri just a tool , who is taking care if his princess Byuri till he gets identity back. I see no emotions ! Ahri has gone through a lot in protecting Byuri and her child. Only person I see appreciating it is JS. In fact he fell in love for this. But others have all turned blind eye to all her goods and just see her as a srange girl who keeps baby from one night stand and brings some kid home instead of sending it to orphanage ! A problematic girl  who is disrespectful to parents and back stabed her sis ! 

Nobody wants the the real story ! Even if they know Ahri is still bad coz she is different! Or may be coz they are not capable of doing such great things so they decide to blame her for doing So! 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Mocharel said:

I was pretty disappointed in this. She was pretty strong and would take no bull from weasel wontae but she became a submissive little wife to her self-righteous patriarch of a husband, she didn’t even diss him about him not being a good dad to AR when all he did was blame her for everything. She did try to voice concerns regarding AR but it fell on deaf ears, that donkey only cared about his princess Bora Bora Bora!!! And that grandfather had the nerve to act entitled to the grandchild that he neglected, same as JH, they both only cared for BR. When HS tried to appeal in AR’s favor she was shut down. I hate it that even in modern days they still portray this kind of sexist patriarchy. Those two men didn’t even care for AR until now!!! Let’s be honest, they only dislike JS bcs they think he hurt their precious princess BR.

It's all BR fault. At first, she acted like she had some romantic relationship with JS. Later she acted extremely hurt because of AR so called betrayal. So now, no matter how she acts, it will look like sacrifice. It's really not easy to understand, that you were fooled from the start by this sweet girl. That is why such girls are so dangerous.

But I don't think, that BR will be criticized in this drama. She will be "a good girl" till the end no matter what.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

It's all BR fault. At first, she acted like she had some romantic relationship with JS. Later she acted extremely hurt because of AR so called betrayal. So now, no matter how she acts, it will look like sacrifice. It's really not easy to understand, that you were fooled from the start by this sweet girl. That is why such girls are so dangerous.

But I don't think, that BR will be criticized in this drama. She will be "a good girl" till the end no matter what.

Exactly. BR was the one acting all delusional like she had this thing with JS, JS only thought of her as a friend but BR was the one who started this whole fantasy of herself and called dibs on JS all on her own. If she truly cared for JS, she would’ve respected his wishes and his happiness, but no, all that mattered was her own desires, and those two sacks of turd that is daddy dearest and grandpappy coddled her so much, she expected JS to become one of them. When JS got panic attack AR was the one who truly cared and was concerned for him, BR only wanted the “prince” JS for her fantasy fairy tale where she’s the princess, why does she have to care about JS’ severe condition?? She’s truly disgusting.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

it can be said that opposites attract but similar people mate in fact JU and AR apparently are cold and closed towards others because they are wounded, but they have a warm and sincere heart and in a mature way they take responsibility for their choices, while BR and DR seem to be kind and caring, but they are extremely selfish and self-assured, blame others easily and don't apologize easily. I hate transvestite dad he is really selfish bad and sees others top down, as if he is right and others are wrong. JU is a good person, but they judge her based on her family. I don't want Bira to go to live with her father, when the child discovers that her grandmother's kindness had an advantage she will be very hurt! I hope then that AR and JU shame him. 

I understand that grandfather is everything to his granddaughter, but he will tell a father that he doesn't love his stepdaughter enough over his bio daughter, as he allowed her to marry the boy his granddaughter liked, too much. However BR until her grandfather told her she should think about finding a good husband she had no interest in JU. Everyone is judging AR and JU and putting BR at the center of their system as if everything has to revolve around her, they are blind to the mistakes BR has made up to now, it doesn't surprise me that she is so selfish.

• Like 9

@Naty828 this is very true. No child was born a selfish, pampered overprivileged narcissist like BR, the way she was raised and her environment was responsible for turning her into this self-centered little princess, the same way it turned AR into this boar-like warrior maiden from the jungle. So you see, no matter how you look at it, JH ruined two of his daughters, truly is the world’s greatest dad!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@airgelaal yes I agree with you. I doubt Bo-ra would ever be criticized in this drama no matter what, which I think is so upsetting and unfair. I really don't understand what it is about this big face Bo-ra that makes all these men go coocoo. One would think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread from her grandfather, biological dad, stepdad & Dae-ro; what exactly is her charm that makes them hold her on such a high pedestal and sing her praises?? That old grouch Maeng-soo and RickRoll'D Joong-han are so bloody ignorant and outer-timing when it comes to their precious princess, it drives me crazy. To me Bo-ra is just a bold faced nosey gossip who always ends up selling out secrets, she should work as an investigative reporter or whistle blower.

That sour puss Sun-han does she really think Jun-su would regain feelings for her after how she treated him and all the evil deeds she did? Oh please! someone needs to tell that sly fox to wake up and smell the coffee, she is old news. I do hope her cantankerous grandma ships her tail back to the USA so we don't have to see her sour face.

Thank goodness for fast forward button I didn't have to agonize over the cross-dresser scenes. To be honest, I didn't even feel an ounce of pity for him when he was being beaten by the loan shark men.

Thank heavens there were some Jun-su & Ah-ri scenes that made this episode watchable. Jun-su is really getting into Ah-ri now. He is now so curious about every aspect of her life and is trying his best to understand her and fit into her world. I also noticed he is getting quite comfortable in touching Ah-ri more and more, can't wait to see him kiss her :ohboy2:.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I skipped a lot of the episodes. Could someone tell me why is the cross-dresser being beaten up by the bad guys? I understand that BR's biological dad wants the business but why is the cross-dresser pretending to be a woman in the first place? Thank you for your answer!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, hell59 said:

I skipped a lot of the episodes. Could someone tell me why is the cross-dresser being beaten up by the bad guys? I understand that BR's biological dad wants the business but why is the cross-dresser pretending to be a woman in the first place? Thank you for your answer!

Although I fast forward a lot of scenes with the cast I can't stand, what I picked up is the cross-dresser went bankrupt as a result of being sued due to some false rumor about some product sold in his store, which was reported by Jun-su dad on his program. As a result, he borrowed money from those loan shark to pay for that and they kept chasing him to pay back but he could not afford to pay back his debt then. Plus, around that time he was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer and thought he was going to die. So he pretended to have died (was even registered dead) to get them off his back and went to live with his sister in the mountains. However, before his sister died she wrote a will giving him her land on the mountain and permission to use her identity when she was gone (that's when he started cross-dressing).

He was being beaten because the loan shark men wanted to get that will (which cross-dresser refused to hand over) to destroy it and blackmail him saying that he killed his sister and is illegally using her identity. They doing this to blackmail & strong arm Dae-ro into giving over his ownership rights of business as a guarantee for the debt. However, it's Bo-ra biological dad as you know who payed out the loan shark guy to do this, as he bought out cross-dresser debt bonds as the creditor.

I could be wrong but this is how I understood the situation as per your questions.

• Like 2

I admit that I haven't watched this drama very much and barely know who the characters are, but I'm pretty appalled at the use of "knocked up" in the English translations.  Do the translators not know that this is a vulgar term?  I wonder what the Korean words are that they are trying to translate?    Surely not something that is so obscene when, traditionally, these dramas go out of their way to avoid being offensive and "family friendly".  Actually, that whole pregnancy story line is quite crude the way it is being presented.

16 hours ago, msmy said:

I admit that I haven't watched this drama very much and barely know who the characters are, but I'm pretty appalled at the use of "knocked up" in the English translations.  Do the translators not know that this is a vulgar term?  I wonder what the Korean words are that they are trying to translate?    Surely not something that is so obscene when, traditionally, these dramas go out of their way to avoid being offensive and "family friendly".  Actually, that whole pregnancy story line is quite crude the way it is being presented.

@msmy I get what you're saying about the North American slang "knocked up" being a universally vulgar term which basically refers to becoming pregnant out of wedlock. I'm not quite sure either what the Korean words were that the translator used "knocked up" to depict. However, I'm thinking it may have been a similar or equal type of slang used there.

Personally, I don't really have an issue with the unplanned pregnancy story line resulting from a one night stand even thought it remains a taboo for some and that's because it's something whether we admit it or not that happens worldwide. As you mentioned, traditionally these dramas try to avoid "being offensive" and "family friendly" as Koreans may still be somewhat conservative in their thinking. Moreover, I think the writers are aware that the younger generations have a more liberal perspective and outlook on life and are just trying to make their story line a representative of modern day times. Hence, I don't really think it's too crude the way the story line is presented as it just reflects how strong a taboo this issue still is and the stigma placed on the person in question; not to mention the narrow mindedness of the people surrounding them.

This is just my opinion though as I'm sure it would differ from other members view.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I really want Byuri to stay with Ahri. They make such beautiful family together with Junsoo. Plus who will read bed timr stories to the baby in womb! 

And yes now I realise how Bora looks while making that paut with that long face . She looks like goat! 

Wait wait what was that fanning hands and rolling eyes acting by JS Mom.  These days even hi fi divas don't act so boisterous! JS father sitting crossed leg and acting mighty while ruining his son's life by back biting.  From where does writer get ideas of such joker parents ! 

Don't let me talk about Ahri father.  That self righteous Eff ! That pariarch  is ready to bow down to JS parents in name of in laws and keep Byuri !  But would throw away his own daughter on street if she brings her in! It's such people who let patriarchy froth in society and make in law families bully daughter in law and her family !!

Such people make new generation hate marriage ! And it's such parents who made JS Ahri anti marriage. Still they have to give in coz they want their baby to survive among such grandparents !!!

• Like 2

Arghhh ...... Geum-sook with her spitfire self went into that family meeting adamant to be obstructive along with her 2 face money hungry husband. OMG they both got on my last nerve!!!! Don't talk about Ah-ri's dad Joong-han, when time for him to open up his mouth against the bulls**t Jun-su's parents carrying on with (like he usually does when talking to Ah-ri); the man soften up like marshmallows and kept his mouth shut (what a pretender). Furthermore, that hard face Sun-han needs to be put in her place, can't wait for the day she is humiliated and her cheating past is exposed (hope the writers make this happen at some point soon and don't let the series end without doing so).

Seems like the writers trying their best to begin Bo-ra's redemption but I'm too far gone in my dislike for her to see any good. I hope she confronts that snake of a biological dad and let him know she is aware of what he did to Dae-ro and cross-dresser. I had to burst out a laugh when I heard Dae-ro telling Bo-ra all his dad business and then asking "her" of all people to "keep it a secret" for now :vicx:. Poor Dae-ro doesn't realise Bo-ra is the biggest sell out/loose mouth/gossiper/whistle blower in this show :D, good luck with her keeping your secret boy. Call me harsh but I did not feel any sympathy for cross-dresser when he got beaten up.

As for my favorite couple Ah-ri & Jun-su, I hope they stick to their decisions and face all obstacles that may come their way. They both need to tell their toxic parents to bugger off and live their own lives as they see fit with their baby and Byeo-ri. Byeo-ri looked so pretty in her bridesmaid dress in the preview.

Oh yeah, I'm thinking the first secret Bo-ra is going to let out the bag :ph34r: is that Byeo-ri 's dad is cross-dresser and that he & Dae-ro wants Byeo-ri to live with him :wacko:.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Shari said:

Seems like the writers trying their best to begin Bo-ra's redemption but I'm too far gone in my dislike for her to see any good.

This is exactly how I feel about her. I’m sorry Na Hyemi, but there’s just no saving your character now. She’s just so damn unsympathetic, how are we supposed to forgive and then like her when she never actually suffers for her misconduct and nasty actions, she didn’t seem like she realized that she was wrong, or that she actually apologized for it, no!! Everyone still enabled her up until the very end!! At the very least I would still mark her as “watchable” if she at the very least tried to apologize to AR, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. F*** that goat dad JH for enabling her this far. Honestly, he’s edging BR for the most unlikeable character in this drama for me atm.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@airgelaal UnniSarah called it too, we’re both disappointed with HS, she really regressed in terms of character, now she doesn’t have much presence aside from playing JH’s small obedient wife and a member of the BR simp league. She used to be such a boss when dealing with weasel WT, and I thought that since she had an experience with a sh*tty hubby, she’d tolerate no more garbage patriarch for a husband.

• Like 3

I don't mind the mistreatment that the transvestite suffered.
I don't think BORA will keep this secret for long, especially if she sees her parents arguing over the baby. What reaction will they have? I think the self-righteous father will insist that her AR leave her to her bio father and cut off any relationship, that DR and father leave their father-in-law's house and her BR no longer has any relationship with them.
The plan of JS's parents is to make married life unbearable for AR until they leave, but they have not realized that their son has well understood their intentions that he will not allow it, already now AR is the center of him.
AR's father is horrible, instead of thinking about the good of his daughter to have a happy life, he follows her wishes, thinks about appearances, does not defend his daughter in the face of criticism or accusations, it seems that he does not care indeed it is a burden he has no love for her.
Sunny needs to be put in her place should it be made public that she left JS for another, she meddles too much in the private lives of others by criticizing and judging embarrassing like she is over the parts, she really thinks she can have JS, it seemed to me that he had made it clear that he doesn't want her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mocharel said:

@airgelaal UnniSarah called it too, we’re both disappointed with HS, she really regressed in terms of character, now she doesn’t have much presence aside from playing JH’s small obedient wife and a member of the BR simp league. She used to be such a boss when dealing with weasel WT, and I thought that since she had an experience with a sh*tty hubby, she’d tolerate no more garbage patriarch for a husband.

@Mocharel  You have to analyze Aeshim’s husband personality. He is the type of man who needs an obedient wife. His problem is that he has way to much pride. He loves having the say in the house and doesn’t like to be talked back too. When BR starts to defy him, watch him cave in and let her have her way. 
 He doesn’t care for AR because he has never put her first. She isn’t even in his heart at all. If she is , it will take for her life to be in danger for him to finally feel something or for her to choose to cut ties with him for him to see how strained his relationship with his daughter is. If he care for her at all, AR would not have been taken advantage of by the transgender man.  He allowed his In-law to order his daughter around and treat her like crap. What kind of father would allow that. 

• Like 3