[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

hmmm, am not sure what to make of the female lead ji eun -- is she naive? is she savvy? is she spunky? perhaps a few episodes in, she will feel more natural but right now, it feels like a weird mix of a character and not quite making sense... tearing her shirt made me laugh again -- it is so absurd. so she is so nice that she would tear her own shirt but then doesn't realize that she caused physical harm to someone and he could have died. ummm, okay then. :lol:

@joccu ~ in the original, jung min also had a twin but we never met him. basically the twin was the one who was expected to take over the company and he died. can't remember how exactly and so he ends up having a complicated relationship with his father who resents that jung min survived while his twin died. I remember this because unlike typical love triangles, the second lead had lots of other things going on than just getting the girl....

and what is with getting young actors and putting grey in their hair? is there some shortage of senior actors to play the parents? LOL. even the guy playing the uncle is the same age as the male lead sae hoon. :sweatingbullets:....

@maribella ~ didn't realize it was the cardiologist from fatal promise. she looks quite different after cutting her hair. lets hoping she has more sense here. kekekke... I hope we get the hot driver and find out more about him! always thought he and miran had this weird chemistry in the original. :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

she was the super duper cardiologist in Fatal Promise but behaved like an idiot.

The actress was also in Sweet Enemy and played a villain there. (She really made me hate her, so I guess she did a great job.)

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I felt sad when I rewatched it. The FL actress committed suicide. My first Hallyu show Winter Sonata  also had an actor committing suicide.:dissapointed_relieved:

Wow. Definitely gonna finish the old version. You know I like my tragic dramas...

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla thank you. know wonder I did not remember the twin. :joy: 

I have the say that I somehow liked jung min twin. He was a jerk but an honest jerk.

same here; really liked him than jung min who seemed so boring even though they are played by the same actor. kekeke.....

• Like 4

lead guy :wub:

36vun6o.gif

lead woman : :sweatingbullets:
KQvF6Wr.gif

** creative second lead trying to maximize his chance of winning - when they got all these history between them :joy:

LTBuWK0.gif

Lead guy : wait that cheating , I got to walk all the way down :D

Spoiler

laJ3LLk.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

** creative second lead trying to maximize his chance of winning - when they got all these history between them 

during that scene, I kept looking at all the birds and wondering -- is this nesting season? and later, the beach seemed empty and I was like "where are the birds!".... and that bike was rather cool but I was wondering how it is riding on the beach. it seems to have pretty low suspension....

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lmangla   when she turn to sea all I’m thinking : must be to traumatized to choose between to gorgeous guys , so she choose sea   

maybe she just wanted to look at the birds hoping one of the birds would turn into a even more handsome prince. :lol:

bird dancing GIF

• LOL 7

So all my FP  friends are here @Ameera Ali @maribella @Lmangla @chococarmela :winkx:

I like FL she is beautiful . I somehow liked her in Love till the end where she played anti . Just coz she is too beautiful. She gives me Park Hans vibes, though I like Park Hans more kk.

Now with ML well I did not like him in sweet enemy coz he was second lead and still got the girl while I shipped FL  and First ML. But but but ! He is looking quit sexy here as an angry young youth who hates rich guys and later makes it rich . In sweet enemy he was so lovey dovey but the guy here is total opposite. I like the fact that this guy can act!

Now wait @Lmangla in older version of Phoenix second ML got FL.! Well that means I won't be able to watch it coz I always tend to ship for ML FL  and here my ship will sink before even sailing  ! Even though they are kissing a lot here ! 

Second ML looks cool but withhold i like this rude first ML! 

Second FL well she was quit roasted by leads in Fatal promise but won till the end in Sweet Enemy and was real hateful so @maribella rest assured the actress has great acting skills. You won't be disappointed.

I have my reservation watching the show coz second ML will get FL . Well we see in poster too . His hands are on her soldier! So even though ML FL will have heated chemistry , she will go to Second lead . Am not watching it . It's so tragic ! 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

same here; really liked him than jung min who seemed so boring even though they are played by the same actor. kekeke.....

I wonder how they are going to deal with jerk twin? Will he die? And is the villainess his lover?

As for this show, the first episode is meh, but I like a lot of the actors, so let’s see how it goes. If they get through these “background episodes” fast and get into the main story, that would be helpful. I’m not into dragging out background and setup. It’s not like they’re not going to give us flashbacks anyway. 

Nice to see at least three Sweet Enemy actors!  But it’s not been the level of that show which was good from the start. 

• Like 3

Previously I didn’t realize that it’s the actress that played Kang Sena in Love Until The End is the female lead in this show. I kept thinking her voice sounds like Sena and I finally looked her up on MDL and sure enough it’s her. 

The first episode was okay. They’re introducing the characters and their connections to one another. I read up on the plot of the 2004 drama version to get a general idea of the story and I know this will get crazy. :sweatingbullets: I think I will enjoy these calm episodes in the meantime. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

It’s take one to know one right ... these two make best scout team ^_^

*** what u doing , I’m best Girl Scout :D

VKJShss.gif

*** what a chance, I’m Boy Scout too , find treasures already * winks*:w00t:

WJOcL4I.gif

*** pervertdon’t let me break you  :D
4AN5pQk.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Previously I didn’t realize that it’s the actress that played Kang Sena in Love Until The End is the female lead in this show. I kept thinking her voice sounds like Sena and I finally looked her up on MDL and sure enough it’s her. 

The first episode was okay. They’re introducing the characters and their connections to one another. I read up on the plot of the 2004 drama version to get a general idea of the story and I know this will get crazy. :sweatingbullets: I think I will enjoy these calm episodes in the meantime. 

I kind of feel like watching those 16 episodes and just being done faster if those are subbed.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@shana0127 In the original, the ML and FL got back together in the last 10 minutes...the  same as in Winter Sonata. It was the rage at that time. Running at the airport, yes, but no amnesia in this one. 
What I think is they are expanding the background from the original. Eric had a dead twin, now he is alive. 
I have not watched this new version, just reading the posts and @Ameera Ali gifs. 
Ripping off her shirt? I don't think this series will even come close to the old version... my first prediction.

Lee Seo Jin the original ML is better looking imho. 

• Like 5

Episode 1 -

6 hours ago, tulip06 said:

As for this show, the first episode is meh,

Agreed - for a drama that's supposed to be 120 episodes, they definitely seemed in a rush to get things out there ... the dialog was like ... huh? :blink:

ML - peeking down her blouse in the first episode? ... I like him already:lol:

FL - Even though she came off a bit ditzy to me, I like her. ... I do hate that lip curl thing she does though

SML - Undecided, but he gets full props for motorcycle on the beach ... horses ... too old fashioned

SFL - If its really our favorite "Deputy Chief of Surgery" from Fatal Promise, its gonna be a LONG 120 episodes ... just saying

@Ameera Ali Meme/Gifs great as always - keep'em coming

@Lmangla  Your dancing goose is really creeping me out for some reason ...

7 hours ago, shana0127 said:

So even though ML FL will have heated chemistry , she will go to Second lead . Am not watching it . It's so tragic ! 

Wow! @shana0127! ... its just the first epiosode :joy:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1