[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, marrez1 said:

So after everything that's happened between them and the fact that he almost died, she doesn't want to marry him anymore? really this drama:surprisedwut::joy:

No. I think they do get married. She is so happy that her Appa is there with her.

• Like 2

I haven't watched this show since I was last here, but the question must be asked.

Given current events, who made the gesture to completely abandon the real Phoenix storyline? Their ratings are still in the toilet. Where there any official comment as to why the 1st male lead left?

• Like 2

Actually I'm enjoying this drama now.  It is much better than before.  It's not perfect but there are enough things going on to make it interesting.  I think the actors and actresses are doing their best.  I give credit to the writer for going in a totally different direction with the story to make it way more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Shocked 2

Been awhile since I watched an episode so I thought I would catch the latest one - Ep 94. I wish I didn't.  The focus is now entirely on the extremely distasteful FL; 2nd ML has become the 1st ML.  And the wicked father of FL is alive.  Good grief!

I doubt that FL parents would get back together.  Mother is happily living with someone rich and who treats her like she is some innocent kitten to be protected.  father seems to have someone by his side.  Sister is still brain damaged and acting like a 10-year old in a 40-year old body.  FL still alternating between giggling, cold angry stares and preaching to everyone on how to live better.  The writer has a weird fascination with this corrupt and distasteful family.

Will not watch further episodes.  

• Blob 2

On 3/16/2021 at 3:05 AM, O said:

Been awhile since I watched an episode so I thought I would catch the latest one - Ep 94. I wish I didn't.  The focus is now entirely on the extremely distasteful FL; 2nd ML has become the 1st ML.  And the wicked father of FL is alive.  Good grief!

I doubt that FL parents would get back together.  Mother is happily living with someone rich and who treats her like she is some innocent kitten to be protected.  father seems to have someone by his side.  Sister is still brain damaged and acting like a 10-year old in a 40-year old body.  FL still alternating between giggling, cold angry stares and preaching to everyone on how to live better.  The writer has a weird fascination with this corrupt and distasteful family.

Will not watch further episodes.  

I have figured out what happened. Over the weekend I have been binge-watching Bad Love/Cruel Love (2007). Midway through I started thinking that this drama is ridiculous and long-winded, but also painfully familiar. It reminded me of Phoenix.  so yesterday I went to mdl to see who the writer is and guess what??? Ding Ding Ding...the same writer of Pheonix. Now this is significant because the remake of Phoenix halfway through starts looking like the second half of bad love. She even used the same father for bad love and Phoenix that can early 2000. This writer always have had a bad issues with pacing when it comes to her dramas but all she did was combined two of her drama to try to stretch it out for the remake. In both the original Phoenix and Bad love, the first male lead relationship with a female lead barely make it past 2 episodes while the remaining focuses on FL and 2 ML with the ML added as a 3rd wheel. This is incredibly important so you can understand what happened to the original male lead. Basically she made this Phoenix remake 2020 like Bad Love where the male lead ends up almost dying or dying with a medical condition while still loving the Fl. He makes peace and semi reconciles with his psycho wife. 2ML first love comes back from the dead with no memory of her previous life. 2nd ML tortures the FL for breaking his heart. FL & ML tried to keep prior relationship secret because her new love 2nd ML was her lovers brother in law. FL was pregnant with 1ML baby, but she lost it which mead to her baby being miscarried. There is a lot more to add, but I'm sure you get the point.

This writer rehashes the same plots with her dramas. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 4:37 AM, joccu said:

This show has really gone the crazy route. Well luckily I dropped this.  Does some know if this end this week. I think if it will I will probably check the last episode. 

lol I got hooked to those episodes, finally something exciting happened in the drama :joy: the writer tried to match the original drama where MR also had borderline personality disorder and went crazy/killed herself. 

22 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Finally it's the last week,  I'll be surprised if the writers separate them

oh no they spent too much time together to not end up with each other.. I've been waiting for that ep 1 beach scene all this time but with only a few eps left Sae Hoon coming back seems pointless, JE & SH barely had any screentime/development together after the ep 20 timeskip for her to want to go back to him now, and didn't anyone tell him she's already married again with kids?? But that line "But today, I finally realized that you're the man I love" sounds more like for SH, since she was already in love with JM all this time... 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2