[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

@Lmangla I watch one episode per week and then only previews.  So no idea. But the secretary definitely has something up her sleeve.

Yeah it weird that the another male lead is written out. But bc I really don't like JE he made the right choice to leave. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

how strange -- this is the first drama where the male lead was written out along with the clingy second female lead. :huh: definitely something happened behind the scenes. given how annoying ji eun didn't care one bit, sae hoon actually made a somewhat better choice with miran who actually cried that he was ill and maybe terminal. not sure where this drama is going but neither the writer, PD or station should have called this phoenix 2020. maybe they can change the drama title like they have swapped the leads. eye roll.

since jung min seems to be the male lead now, then the secretary also has some beef with the old chairman. maybe she is some daughter that got dumped? or maybe she hates ji eun's parents who were terrible people when they had money... (random theory as I have stopped watching this except for previews). ^_^

I know the character has traveled,  but has the actor really left the series ?? I thought we were going to show him anyway in the usa and he would come back ,  but is there an official source?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I know the character has traveled,  but has the actor really left the series ?? I thought we were going to show him anyway in the usa and he would come back ,  but is there an official source?

no official source but just my interpretation both characters got written out the way as the writer gives no importance to sae hoon at all.... maybe they will show up again after a few episodes. if you are watching regularly, keep us posted with updates.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

what a bizarre twist. @vienvien @joccu ~ this drama has totally gone off the rails. it just didn't' have enough story to be a daily drama and the writer is now just making stuff up as they go. only problem is they are not really talented enough to make it entertaining that it comes off as strange. makes you appreciate the revenge screaming dramas more -- at least there, it would be believable that a dead character came back because he was hiding or something. hahahahaha... now if the chairman came back from the dead, that would be more entertaining! :lol:

P.S ~ did they change writer and producer? maybe thats why? 

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@Lmangla The ratings went down to 2.8%? Yeah, that's definitely lower than it usually would be. This drama airs in the morning (8:35AM), and usually dramas in that timeslot have low ratings (between 4%-7%). I think the last time the ratings were decent in the last few years was "Happy Sisters" which reached 15%. After that, all the dramas that aired in this timeslot has stayed around 4%-7%. So the fact that the ratings has now dropped even further is probably why the plot is going crazy.

To your other post about the writer and producer... the original writer Lee Yoo Jin is still there, but they added the co-writer Kim Si Eun (who seems to be a first-time scriptwriter) from Episode 61 and onwards, so both Lee Yoo Jin & Kim Si Eun are writing the episodes together now. Although Lee Yoo Jin did agree to try her best to get along with the staff until the end, it does feel like they're putting anything & everything into the plot now lol.

The chief producer definitely did change (from Choi Young Hoon to Park Young Soo ), though there was no reason given for that.

The only person who hasn't changed is the director, Lee Hyun Jik. It is interesting though. The reason why Se Hoon (Lee Jae Woo), Mi Ran (Park Young Rin), Bok Ja (Ok Go Un), Ho Jin (Kim Ho Chang), and Sang Beom (Choi Ryung) were casted in this drama was because they have a close relationship with Director Lee Hyun Jik since they were all in another drama he was the director for "Sweet Enemy" in 2017. I do wonder how Director Lee Hyun Jik feels now that SH & MR have been written out of the drama for now, considering he's the reason that got them casted in this drama to begin with.

• Insightful 4
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

What the hell are they doing with this drama??? Oh my god this is a mess. I feel so bad for the actors involved in this.

There is just so much drama behind the scenes as well, which makes every 10 times worse, honestly.

'Man in a Veil' may have been a bit messy, but I was okay with watching it and behind the scenes I could tell all the staff and cast really had a lot of fun filming and got along with each other really well. They constantly posted pictures with each other on Instagram and even now, they all comment on each other's Instagram so you can see a lot of them became close friends.

With all the drama in 'Phoenix 2020', these days the only ones who updates with behind the scenes is Hong Soo Ah (Ji Eun) and Seo Ha Joon (Jung Min). A lot of the other actors/actresses just update with their day-to-day lives and don't post anything related to 'Phoenix 2020' anymore, which I don't blame them for that.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

what the. Ji Eun's dad is still alive?? :blink: what's next, Jung Min's dad is alive too... 

as if Ah Jun isn't annoying enough they add the female secretary character to the love square. Well at least we get to watch 100+ eps of Seo Ha Joon eye candy. I wonder what will make Sae Hoon want to come back to Ji Eun (ep 1 beach scene) 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

22 hours ago, Jillia said:

And it's not like with "Man in the Veil" which was a mess as well but at least something to make fun of

And I thought old romance dramas were bad... this is just a new level of terrible!

21 hours ago, Ayame said:

There is just so much drama behind the scenes as well, which makes every 10 times worse, honestly.

Geez...

21 hours ago, Ayame said:

these days the only ones who updates with behind the scenes is Hong Soo Ah (Ji Eun) and Seo Ha Joon (Jung Min).

Seems like the writer is picking favorites?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, crystaltears said:

I wonder what will make Sae Hoon want to come back to Ji Eun (ep 1 beach scene) 

I guess now this beach scene was more of a kind of introduction to the drama, I would have loved to see this final scene but the actor who plays Sae Hoon, is no longer there, although he only comes back to the end, this scene would have no more impact

• Confused 1
  • Blob 2

17 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I’ve officially dropped this drama. I stopp watching it but now I’m just done with it. It needs to get cancelled like that other daily drama with 65 episodes.

Totally agree. I might watch the ending or check here for an update. But I too am done with this pathetic excuse of script writing and the worst female lead ever. 

• Like 5

I dropped this drama on episode 26 and now I'm glad I didn't waste my time. Catching up on here, wow what a mess. I feel bad for Seo Ha Jun. After his scandal, he hasn't been able to find any decent dramas to star in. He's got so much potential and it's being wasted on these shows.

• Like 2