[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

@joccu ~ I liked when jung min said that he never competed with his brother but his dad was his villain because he always put him down. the way he fights with the dad is kind of amusing to watch because it is rather witty. and jung min is rather successful in his chosen field. so it is not like he is waffling...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hi @Lmangla :)

Yeah, it has been a while! I still have fond memories of the WGM forum. I'll agree with your points about the main lead characters and the acting for this remake. We did get to see some scenes of connection in the 2004 original that helped to explain why these 2 characters got together in the first place. And, yes, the acting was stronger. Also, it was just easier for me to take all of the immature types of behaviors because both leads were young college students (I think FL was a sophomore and ML was a senior). As you say, a lack of life experience because of their youth. Now that the leads are older (ML is almost 30!) these behaviors-it's just not working for me. I kind of just wondering like why is ML even giving FL the time of day?  Anyway, I'll agree with you the original 2004 showed more warmth.  Hopefully for everyone watching the drama will greatly improve after the time jump. 

I'll continue to check in here at the forum.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Table122000 ~ I miss those WGM days. just as you, I have warm memories of those times. :)

initially, I found it really difficult to accept how these two characters in their 20s are so immature. however, I was recently watching some reality show and have come to the conclusion that sometimes age has nothing to do with maturity and how people view 'love'. for some people, they are in love with the idea of love and sprout all kind of nonsense and do absurd things. some folks cannot understand or read the room even though they in their 30s and one would think that you would have figured it out by then.. others are still struggling with confidence and even understanding their emotions. so I have come to realize that while we think that there is a marker of age where folks need to mature on xyz fronts, the reality may not be so. age and wisdom don't seem to be co-related. why? I don't know the answer to that but perhaps it is like how the female lead said with the time leap "I learned that life is not about situations but about how we respond to those very situations" (or something along those lines).....

• Like 5

21 hours ago, joccu said:

so we found out how Jung in died  Jung min is going investigate his brother died.

His dad is still awful! 

I was really surprised. like jung min said, it seems odd that jung in wold choose to kill himself. he seemed bent on taking over the company and making it into a good one. his father was making his life miserable and he was unhappy with his personal life as he didn't believe na kyung loved him. was he that unhappy and overwhelmed? or like jung min believes, is there a mystery behind jung in's death? where is nakyung and the child?

jung min is really perceptive and quite sharp. and he actually seems to get along better with ms choi than his father. she seems like a straight arrow but does she have her own agenda? like you said @joccu, the dad is still exasperating. it was interesting to find that he swindled his siblings out of the company. so he was a viper but was shocked his sons don't like him. ha! 

miran seems already twisted, insecure and very cunning. she was berating on the assistant who gave her info like he was worth nothing; so perhaps sae hoon is the only one who has showed any loyalty and kept up with her meanness. looks like the friend ho jin is no longer working in the prosecutor's office. he doesn't seem to like miran at all.

in the original, I found miran's driver really cute and very mysterious - their relationship had an interesting vibe. wonder if that will be replicated here. he had this look after she left that makes you think what he was thinking....

• Like 3

so the two exes meet -- what a different interpretation to the original but I am not sure I understand why ji eun acted like an arrogant witch. he tells her that her family jailed him for embezzlement and her attitude is like "so? do you want revenge?" ummm, what lady? that is your reaction to him telling you that your family screwed him over? and just a minute ago, you were washed in memories of him kissing you. okay then... if anyone can explain this weirdo, please do!

like this addition of this character of the restaurant ajusshi -- he seems so wise and level headed. even if mom looks like his late wife, he is way too patient of such a cranky tempestuous woman. but he seems so chilled that he doesn't even phased out by her nastiness.

find it interesting that sae hoon has become so cold and focused on money that even ho jin feels uncomfortable. they are friends from long ago but there is a kind of gap in how they think and navigate now. so will they clash later on approaches?

bok ja and ho jin were so cute when they met again. her colleague had such a funny "what the?" kind of reaction to those two. kekeke...

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, joccu said:

I honestly still don´t like Ji eun.   yeah she´s not  that materialist that she was when they were rich but still something rubs wrong for me. 

same here; she comes across as very entitled and arrogant.

• Like 2

what i want to say about this drama is that:-

they got the story and the plot is there. but the delivery (story telling) hop to soon from here to there or seem rush i would say. so it's seem to me this drama is lack of emotions. i don't share their feeling and emotion. but still i want to watch this till the end. so really hoping that this drama will improve and entertain me better. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, uNiQueEkiX said:

what i want to say about this drama is that:-

they got the story and the plot is there. but the delivery (story telling) hop to soon from here to there or seem rush i would say. so it's seem to me this drama is lack of emotions. i don't share their feeling and emotion. but still i want to watch this till the end. so really hoping that this drama will improve and entertain me better. 

exactly! I don't feel the emotions at all and watching rather detached. you should feel pangs at the way the leads are tearing into each other and am instead raising my eye brow at how annoying ji eun is. she comes off like she is having mood swings. kekekek...

miran is really creepy -- she is even spying on him with cameras! omo, that is the height of insecurity. now, na kyung is back and she is friends with miran? ummm, what? na kyung feels guilty about pushing jung in -- so does that mean she doesn't know exactly how he died? and why has dad kept her locked up in switzerland? what is he hiding? and how did jung min not know that his brother was seeing someone and had a child?

in the original, it made sense that ji eun was working as a housekeeper -- she never finished her education and dropped out to get married. here, she had studied abroad and worked in her father's company in the marketing department. so why is she working as a housekeeper? is it odd that she would say it pays more than office job? really???????

• Like 6

Nakyung is back!!  how did she meet Miran if she was locked up in Switzerland. ?  

I´m not invested to the leads romance.  SH is clearly still in love with JE. 

I ´m more into jug min and Na kyung return and how she´s going to stay in korea. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Lmangla said:

exactly! I don't feel the emotions at all and watching rather detached. you should feel pangs at the way the leads are tearing into each other and am instead raising my eye brow at how annoying ji eun is. she comes off like she is having mood swings. kekekek...

miran is really creepy -- she is even spying on him with cameras! omo, that is the height of insecurity. now, na kyung is back and she is friends with miran? ummm, what? na kyung feels guilty about pushing jung in -- so does that mean she doesn't know exactly how he died? and why has dad kept her locked up in switzerland? what is he hiding? and how did jung min not know that his brother was seeing someone and had a child?

in the original, it made sense that ji eun was working as a housekeeper -- she never finished her education and dropped out to get married. here, she had studied abroad and worked in her father's company in the marketing department. so why is she working as a housekeeper? is it odd that she would say it pays more than office job? really???????

the hidden camera is one thing that disturb me. miran asked sehun's assistant who is her spy to install the camera on 2nd floor also when sehun not at home then "ta-daa" she got to spy sehun on 2nd floor that same night. What?  

for the job qualification let's forgive them and assume that office job is very hard get. haha :lol:

• Like 2

While I really hate Mi Ran, I have zero empathy for Ji Eun and therefore enjoy what horrible things come her way. I don't think I've ever disliked a show's main female lead like this. 

I'm only here for Seo Ha Jun's character tbh, only redeemable person in this entire show.

• Like 3

I am more addicted to this drama after the time skip, I haven't noticed how handsome Seo Ha Joon actually is until he became Jung Min (looks younger with different hair/wardrobe and without glasses) LOL. The end of ep 24 omg I am feeling SLS :love:  

Se Hoon has a heart problem?! Did they hint this in the beginning episodes or did I miss this part (I've been watching multiple dramas at the same time so I probably forgot some details) 

• Like 3