[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Man, just make Ji-Eun a villain already! I’d like her more if the writer did that!

ji eun is so annoying, makes you want to slap the computer screen! isn't that the reaction we have towards villains than towards the female lead. it would be so much better if she is the villain. it feels aggravating that we are supposed to cheer on this selfish manipulative really unlikeable woman. ugh! had to face palm when she said that sae hoon being worried for his dad was not an excuse at all but chairman seo rin was business smart in ripping off the company and buying bisang. umm, what???????? so she is ticked off at sae hoon for protecting his dad but is okay with chairman seorin stabbing them in the back. why? because it is jung min's dad. and sae hoon and dad were in trouble because of her family but that is not their fault. eye roll. someone, please just make her the villain so that we can fully hate her.

6 hours ago, joccu said:

Jung min is one weird guy.  He still want to be with Ji eun even though he knows now some of the truth. His and Ji eun love story is really weird. I just don´t see them as a couple. Well I don't like both off them. 

100% they both deserve each other because they are both unlikeable. its been a while since I disliked main characters so much. both ji eun and jung min are terrible people. jung min is just a lovesick puppy with an inferiority complex.

at least sae hoon seems to finally get that ji eun and him would never be good together. so now he is holding hands with stepmom and both are plotting to carve out the company. should be interesting...

2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

It is clear that the actress has limited range which probably resulted in some of those uneven changes.

yea, she cannot do nuance to save her life and this character is too difficult a stretch for her range. maybe thats why the writer and PD are making ji eun darker and darker. feels like some old novel where the character loses themselves in the quest for power and money and in the end, find their heart but it is almost too late and a real tragedy...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

This! Someone post it on Naver or something!

it would be interesting if we knew what the local reactions were to this drama because so far, ji eun is a terrible character. it is hard to believe she is the female lead because she acts more like the villain second lead who makes all sorts of excuses for their behaviour and don't own their actions... is there any difference between her and miran? on some level, both are selfish to the core.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla I see no difference between Ji eun and Miran. for me the stepmom looks more like the main lead. 

I know! the stepmom is complex but she comes across as weirdly likeable. she is a good actress that does nuances really well. we understand her motivations, she is really no fool. like the way she handles miran and tells her the truth but then shakes her head that this girl is just crazy. she is not someone who takes enjoyment really in this revenge. it is almost more like a moral quest for her. so definitely more like the main lead.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I know! the stepmom is complex but she comes across as weirdly likeable. she is a good actress that does nuances really well. we understand her motivations, she is really no fool. like the way she handles miran and tells her the truth but then shakes her head that this girl is just crazy. she is not someone who takes enjoyment really in this revenge. it is almost more like a moral quest for her. so definitely more like the main lead.

Why would Ji Eun go cold hearted when she KNOWS how badly her bootleg daddy treated her mother during their marriage? This version of Ji Eun would step all over his heart literally when he finally has a heart attack.  It is as I said, she is mad because Se Hoon would not continue to be walked over and expected him to roll over on his father. 

Also, the writer has made Se Hoon an unproductive bum. The originally Se Hoon caused Jung Min to be jealous because he was competent and was able to overcome all obstacles that came his way. Se Hoon needs to throw all of them under the bus. Se Hoon needs a new wardrobe as well; they are dressing him as someone's grandfather.

I do not like the directing style, that is to say, I do not like every episode to be a flashback of a conversation that was not shown. It is okay every now and then, but now it is just distracting.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

what a boring episode. ji eun breaks up twice in the same episode with jung min and decides to give him a weekend to remember before she dumps him for her own greed. yea, because thats the way to treat someone you love...

:facepalm:

am just waiting to see if stepmom successfully pulls off this coup. don't get why sae hoon wants seorin to fall so much. kind of a strange way to do a last hurrah -- is it supposed to be a symbolic stab at authority? so basically he is still upset at what happened 10 years ago at the hands of ji eun's family?

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

what a boring episode. ji eun breaks up twice in the same episode with jung min and decides to give him a weekend to remember before she dumps him for her own greed. yea, because thats the way to treat someone you love...

am just waiting to see if stepmom successfully pulls off this coup. don't get why sae hoon wants seorin to fall so much. kind of a strange way to do a last hurrah -- is it supposed to be a symbolic stab at authority? so basically he is still upset at what happened 10 years ago at the hands of ji eun's family?

The writer is probably mad that everyone hates her supercouple so she is perhaps throwing Se Hoon under the bus as well? Her writing is so disjointed it does not make sense. Although Jung Min needs to be taken down a couple of pegs, Se Hoon already knew the intention of the Chairman to get Jung Min ready to be the successor. His goal was to love and live with Ji Eun freely before he takes the dirt nap so I guess he is settling on revenge. We will probably see the pathetic reasoning for this in 50 million back flash conversations that we never witnessed.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla I hope that the stepmom pull of this coup. but I have this nagging fear that she's going to fail and the chairman is going to win. 

Oh I FF the weekend scenes, I could not watch them. 

yea, it would be too easy if she wins I guess. he is not yet dead and is cooking up schemes behind the scenes.

and yea, I FF most of the weekend scenes as well.

6 hours ago, foreverempress said:

We will probably see the pathetic reasoning for this in 50 million back flash conversations that we never witnessed.

wish PDnim would stop doing so many flashbacks. the editing is weird. this isn't a mystery series. just a straightforward daily... 

6 hours ago, chococarmela said:

So who’s the real villain? The Chairman? The stepmom? Jieun? Jung-Min? Se-Hoon???

kekeke... maybe ji eun or jung min or chairman?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

this drama is entertaining when it stops focusing on the boring romance of ji eun and jung min and their self-obsessed feelings. stepmom looked so genuinely outraged hearing na kyung's story - she sees na kyung, her son and jung in as another set of victims the chairman created. she probably would fulfill on her promise to do something if she had the chance. now that chairman is back, am curious to see what stepmom will do and how she will claw back. this woman is not going down without a fight. go stepmom go!

jung min is all noise -- am not expecting him to do much damage to the company after hearing what happened to his brother; the fella could have found out all those details if he had sat with na kyung and asked but he has been too busy running behind ji eun like a lovesick puppy. <_<

sae hoon's snort and disgust at ji eun walking into the elevator -- is he finally over this woman and knows how manipulative she can be?

10 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Still waiting for Ji Eun to go completely dark... :phew:

the writer keeps giving her lines under the impression that we viewers feel sorry for her. was rolling my eyes at her crocodile tears that she will miss jung min but she has to be ambitious. yea, whatever; no one is forcing you to do anything. <_<

stepmom feels more like the hero of this story. ji eun in my book is already more villainish and am cheering for her to fall flat on her face...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

was rolling my eyes at her crocodile tears that she will miss jung min but she has to be ambitious. yea, whatever; no one is forcing you to do anything. <_<

stepmom feels more like the hero of this story. ji eun in my book is already more villainish and am cheering for her to fall flat on her face...

Those “oh poor me” tears are beyond irritating. She chose to team up with the Chairman... 

Maybe Ji Eun will become a villain eventually. We’re at the halfway mark, right? I wonder what other viewers are saying about her.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Those “oh poor me” tears are beyond irritating. She chose to team up with the Chairman... 

Maybe Ji Eun will become a villain eventually. We’re at the halfway mark, right? I wonder what other viewers are saying about her.

Where can we go to read Korean citizens comments that are watching this show?

• Like 3