[Drama 2020/2021] Phoenix / The Firebird, 불새

0ly40

@shana0127 ~ like @maribella mentioned, in the original, she ended up with the male lead. however, this wasn't a typical triangle. will try not to give too many spoilers but part of the reason I loved this drama is that it dealt with the triangle in a very different way. it wasn't a case of "I don't know who I like" but instead, it was a case of trying to make peace with the past, figuring out why your last relationship failed. she agrees to date the second lead because she is convinced it is time to move on with her life. even the second lead wasn't some silly love obsessed twit because there were lots of other things going on in his head. not sure if this drama will have that kind of nuances from these actors. lets see...

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@shana0127 ~ like @maribella mentioned, in the original, she ended up with the male lead. however, this wasn't a typical triangle. will try not to give too many spoilers but part of the reason I loved this drama is that it dealt with the triangle in a very different way. it wasn't a case of "I don't know who I like" but instead, it was a case of trying to make peace with the past, figuring out why your last relationship failed. she agrees to date the second lead because she is convinced it is time to move on with her life. even the second lead wasn't some silly love obsessed twit because there were lots of other things going on in his head. not sure if this drama will have that kind of nuances from these actors. lets see...

I read the summary of the old plot and 

Spoiler

did she really end up with the second lead? I thought she and the male lead get back together in the end. The summary I read said they coincidentally met in whatever beach/island that is memorable for them and they had a serious talk and decided that this was the right time for them to start again. It was three years after all the craziness ended. I think the most shocking revelation was the one regarding the second male lead’s family. How cold blooded could that father be? Wow! Just Wow! All for the sake of money?

• Like 9

She may be RICH  , He POOR

She may be little BR*T, He DIFFICULT 

she may be ANNOYING , He PREJUDICE 

but  they finally agree on something 

She  is the ATTRACTIVE ONE  :joy:

OadQKZd.gif

So she need TO LET HIM LEAD  :mrgreen:

qBWXouR.gif

• LOL 9

@celebrianna ~ re: your question

Spoiler

in the original, she and the second lead do date for a bit but eventually with the secret about his family and everything else, it becomes a permanent break-up. she does end up with the male lead but there 's a time gap but it made sense. they basically needed time apart after all the madness that happens....

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

So she need TO LET HIM LEAD 

for someone who is supposed to be madly in lust with him that she is chasing him, that was one bad kiss from her part. kekekek... :sweatingbullets:...  am liking the two side friends and their chemistry. :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

for someone who is supposed to be madly in lust with him that she is chasing him, that was one bad kiss from her part.

if she so bad , why she control of their kissing schedule , is he worse than her :D

qRO584D.gif

JiGET33.gif

B4ZuHDA.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@celebrianna ~ re: your question

Reveal hidden contents

in the original, she and the second lead do date for a bit but eventually with the secret about his family and everything else, it becomes a permanent break-up. she does end up with the male lead but there 's a time gap but it made sense. they basically needed time apart after all the madness that happens....

Thanks for the confirmation. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Yes, I read she finally gave the second lead a chance after he wooed her for a time. Male lead was also entangled with a fiancée that he felt guilty towards. I heard the second female lead is really the villain and not the second male lead. Well, judging from the second female lead’s motive, she is indeed a villain. However, what I didn’t see coming while reading the story summary is the truth behind the accident that killed the father. What a life changing event for all the characters that led all of them to the lives they were currently leading 10 years later.

• Like 6

Episode 2 - random thoughts

I know they're going to be together but with 120 episodes why does it feel like the writers are rushing things abit?  The ML made a sound argument with the trip to a protest, but caved way too easily for what amounted to a teenager tantrum - I think it would've worked better if they parted angry at each other, and then NEXT episode she comes back, acknowledges the valid points of his argument, AND THEN tell him she wants to see him anyway. Just my opinion.

... and if she tried on 12 outfits to get to that one, then she should've stopped with the Black dress w/flowers .... just saying.

Oh and I still hate that curl thing she does with her lip :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

...  am liking the two side friends and their chemistry.

Agreed - hopefully the guy passes the bar during the time jump and becomes the ML's legal advisor, and the girls got him as a husband, and together they help the Leads as the occasional voice of reason ... and we get to watch as they bicker as a married couple ... works for me. :D

• Like 8

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The ML made a sound argument with the trip to a protest, but caved way too easily for what amounted to a teenager tantrum - I think it would've worked better if they parted angry at each other, and then NEXT episode she comes back, acknowledges the valid points of his argument, AND THEN tell him she wants to see him anyway. Just my opinion.

they are both supposed to be in their late 20s at this stage and I felt like rolling my eyes. in the original, they were both in university and she was something like 18 or 19 while he was close to graduating. so it made sense that she was acting like a teenager (which she was) and he gives in to her and throws practical sense to the wind. like you said, he made valid points here and then basically lust just took over. :sweatingbullets: thats the only explanation I can think of both acting this way -- lust and instant chemistry.

• Like 8

I have to say, after episode 1, I've had zero interest in going back to this show.  Maybe after a couple of weeks when they get over their initial torture?  I'll come back and ask who Sena from Sweet Enemy is supposed to be. :wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

This is my second go round with Hong Soo ah and her new look, and it's still sort of odd for me to hear her voice coming out of this face. I must say that the surgeons did an amazing job of not only making her still beautiful, in a different way, and that she still comes off as likable whether she's playing good or evil characters. I do miss her old look though. I've always thought that she was both unique and gorgeous, and so full of comedic energy. I wonder if she still plays baseball? :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

so after five episodes, it feels like the drama is finally settling in. the female lead is a bit all over the place and it is hard to believe her "I am in LOVE!" routine. 

I Love You Hearts GIF

makes you wonder if she is having some sort of delayed teenager rebellion because she didn't get to go to art school and hated being sent away to boarding school when young. it feels like she is now turning against her parents in frustration but how much of that is because of sae hoon or just her own general cooped up anger? it was interesting to see how she figures out who na kyung is and use that tail for her own benefit. ha! and her fainting routine when she already knew what was coming. kekeke.. she is actually quite devious!

and sae hoon is really handsome when he smiles! hahahha... so when he was arguing with his dad, sae hoon finally became more interesting. found it amusing when his friend that everyone in the mom's circle hates ji eun's mom. hahahah.. and what is with the mom and ji eun's sister having white streaks in their hair? is it some sort of halloween theme? devil loves prada?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1