Jump to content

[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조


larus

Recommended Posts

A long awaited interview from a certain actor who plays our lovable admirer of his consigliere and who came up a certain iconic scene a while back

 

Source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120581/20210504/lim-chul-soo-opens-up-adorable-chemistry-song-joong-ki-vincenzo.htm

 

spacer.png

Lim Chul Soo Opens up on His Adorable Chemistry with Song Joong Ki in ‘Vincenzo’

Known for his iconic role as Mr. Ahn in the crime-comedy series, "Vincenzo," actor Lim Chul Soo shared his unexpected and utterly hilarious bromance with Song Joong Ki in the top-rated series.

Lim Chul Soo Revealed How His Unexpected Bromance with Song Joong Ki Started in "Vincenzo"

We bet you all enjoyed the scene-stealing character of Mr. Ahn Gi Seok as a secret agent, who never gets tired of proving his love and admiration to the mafia consigliere Vincenzo Cassano who flew to South Korea for a mission.

In a recent interview, Lim Chul Soo talked about his previous role as Mr. Ahn in "Vincenzo." The 36-year-old celebrity was adored by the viewers for his wit and natural comical skills.

He then revealed the harmonious feelings he had with Song Joong Ki while doing the drama.

 

For him, Song Joong Ki and Vincenzo have lots of similarities, and knowing those things gave him the opportunity to build a comfortable relationship with the actor.

 

Lim Chul Soo also confessed that he is a fan of Song Joong Ki even before they started working for "Vincenzo."

He confessed, "Since I saw him in 'The Innocent Man,' I already liked Song Joong Ki because he was really good in acting. And when I finally met him, I realized that he is really a great actor."

 

spacer.png

 

He added that Song Joong Ki was shy at first because he was younger than Lim Chul Soo, but as they got along, the two became like brothers.

 

The Iconic (and Hilarious) Hug between Mr. Ahn and Vincenzo Cassano

The "Mr. Sunshine" actor also said that Song Joong Ki was full of wit, "He teases me well during our shoot and I was the one who usually got beaten up by his jokes, and I pretended to accept my loss. In fact, I really want to beat Mr. Song Joong Ki by teasing but it was not easy to win with him."

 

Lim Chul Soo then delivered a funny message to his co-actor, "I want to win someday too. Wait for me, Mr. Song."

He also confessed the story behind their iconic hug when his character Mr. Ahn saved Vincenzo from the police investigation in Episode 10.

 

Originally in the script, it was just a simple hug but then Lim Chul Soo revealed that it was Song Joong Ki's idea to make him jump out of happiness because he was able to save the man he admired the most.

He said, "The hug scene was in the script, but when I already watched it I can't help but burst out laughing. Actor Song Joong Ki suggested on the spot that 'wouldn't it be fun if you jump and hug?'"

 

He also thanked director Kim Hee Won for the funny scene of him hugging the mafia consigliere, "I would like to express my gratitude to director Kim Hee Won for the unexpected bromance of Mr. Ahn and Vincenzo."

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoyed this. It was fun. It was weird.

 

GOOD:

 

I *LOVE* Jeon Yeo-Been as Hong Cha-Yeong. (She is great in one of my favorites, "Melo is My Nature.") She was awesome here. She sparkles.

 

Taecyeon was great. I think he's too clench-jawed and serious in a lot of his roles. But I feel like he really let his freak flag fly.

 

Kwak Dong-Yeon! I love this guy. Always great!

 

Song Joong-Ki was great. I complained so much about "Descendants of the Sun." The bonkers plot. The cheesiness. My friends were falling in love with him and squeeeing to the point of annoyance. I went to a hair salon in K-Town and the ajumma gang were cussing out "that b***h Song Hye-Kyo" for daring to marry Song Joong-Ki. (Hilarious.) And through it all, I just... felt nothing. But he was so good here. Sexy. I see his charms now. I get it now.

 

Enjoyed all the Geumga tenants! So funny! So weird!

 

Lots of credit to the actress who played Choi Myeong-Hee. I have problems with her character, but the actress was great in this role.

 

 

NOT AS GOOD:

 

If I must be honest, Italian Mafia + K-Drama is a very weird mix. I'm not sure it worked.

 

If you think about the great mafia movies or TV shows, Michael Corleone, Tony Soprano - what makes those stories work is that you realize that these people are evil to their core and should probably burn in hell. And yet you understand what they're doing, and you root for them. When they whack their enemies, it feels cathartic. And when they lose and suffer... well, yeah, that also feels right, too. It makes narrative sense and you are entertained. Mostly, you feel the gravity of what is happening.

 

We know Vincenzo is a killer, but we come to like him. EVERYONE likes him. We see him fall in love. (K-Drama) We see him reconnect with and mourn his mother. (K-Drama) Then we see him kill and torture his enemies. (MAFIA!) And somehow, it doesn't really feel *right.* It's like being in the mafia is just some kind of personality quirk. Mostly, you feel bad for him because you know that if he stayed in Korea with his mother, he would not have become a killer, so his life is just tragic.

 

In order to justify Vincenzo's actions, the villains are baroquely evil, to the point of caricature. I think Jang Han-Seok was a pretty good villain, but what makes Choi Myeong-Hee behave that way? Since when was she a stone-cold killer who orders hits on people while enjoying her food and doesn't blink an eye? She wasn't like that her whole life, so what made her into that?

 

And what about Prosecutor Jeong? He seemed righteous until suddenly, he wasn't. I don't think they really established the character's motivations. I mean, you can just say it's greed, but the story doesn't really explain anything beyond that.

 

I think that you can only have so many psychopaths in one show, because if too many people behave like psychos, the violence starts to feel meaningless.

 

And I understand that corporations can be evil, but Babel murdered dozens of innocent people. And everyone who has power and money are all corrupt, and prosecutors and judges are complicit. So there is no legal way to stop any of them and the only solution is some errant, sexy Korean-Italian Avenger? Yes, I realize this is a TV show, but that's still depressing.

 

 

CONCLUSION:

 

I guess the show achieved its goals. You have a main character who put his enemy into a torture device to slowly kill him, then burned another enemy to death, and murdered a bunch of others along the way, and you're still left thinking, awww, he's so handsome, please kiss your lady.

 

And I do acknowledge that it wouldn't have worked if Vincenzo was reformed. That he never kills anyone again and learns to achieve justice through the judicial system with good lawyering. Because good Korean food, and good Korean friends and the love of a good Korean woman made him see the light and reformed him. Because the story definitely flirted with that idea. But that would have also felt... wrong.

 

So I guess that was the right ending. He's still "evil." Except he only kills bad guys now. Because apparently that wasn't the case before? I don't know. MAFIA! And he's sexy. Soooo, it's okay.

 

Anyway, it was a weird show. I *did* enjoy it. A lot. But I am also left scratching my head, wondering, "What the heck was that?"

  • Insightful 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Song Joong-Ki was great. I complained so much about "Descendants of the Sun." The bonkers plot. The cheesiness. My friends were falling in love with him and squeeeing to the point of annoyance. And through it all, I just... felt nothing. But he was so good here. Sexy. I see his charms now. I get it now.

 

Hahahaha...we have the same sentiment, I really didn't connect with DOTS, and it made me cringe so bad (no offence to the fans, just personal opinion), but I get it now. He bring Vincenzo to life. He is layered, smouldering and dangerous here.

8 hours ago, raziela said:

Thank you for posting. The contrast between the amount of fun, chaos and laughing when they were filming the CY hostage/HS death scene compared to the violent, dramatic showdown onscreen:lol:  It is such a bittersweet feeling to watch

 IKR. It goes to prove how professional actors are. When the director shout action they become their character and in that world.

 

I could feel the tight bond and friendship the cast and crew developed over the months, applaud to the casting director to find such amazing talents. Most of them want a second season, including KDY even if he had to be a ghost next to Vincenzo. LOL!

 

I hope SJK and Heewon PD won at Baeksang, I hope JYB will be there too as announcer. And I hope Vincenzo will get a lot of nominations in other awards shows. They deserve it.

 

Oh, Life after Vincenzo, what should I try to watch next?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really impressed with the amount of flexibility the director allowed the cast and all the great ideas they came up with.  In the cast interviews all the actors have talked about how many of the now famous and memorable scenes were actually ad libs.  Even in this last episode it was JYB and SJK's idea to add the second passionate kiss
 

 

 

^^^^^^ hi guys

 

can someone share a link to these cast interviews

 

many thanks 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very interesting comments by many soompi members here...

 

While i may not like Hanseo's death, it doesnt mean i do not support Vincenzo's wanting to get revenge in the last episode. Him delaying the killing of the MyungHee and Hanseok resulted in more deaths. More deaths could have been avoided had he first killed them when his mother was killed. But the show gotta run for 20 episodes right.. hehe

 

Neverthless, what done is done. And yes, the world is corrupt, especially in developing countries... many times the laws cant protect innocent people and justice comes very late due to the system.  That is why Vincenzo or Taxi Driver ways were celebrated by many viewers because we all become judge and jury as we know what those evil people needs to be punished ASAP and not delayed by the court system. Eg, look at whats happening in Myanmar... how to fight between David and Goliath? One has weapons and the other doesnt? Who can save them? Similarly Babel had the wealth and corrupt people in their pockets hence they can manipulate the business, politics and media easily. If there is someone like Vincenzo able to help, fighting dirt with dirt, the world would be grateful... 

 

His ending monologue was great actually. His italian family needs him and he feels more comfortable to be with them, hence went back, than being in Korea where he just landed about what, 3 months ago? Yes, he fell in love with CY and when the time is right, CY can follow him to Malta if she wishes to do so. Let's hope he will just be a good Mafia boss and will only attack when provoked. 

 

Glad to see SJK comback after his messy divorce, where i read previously fans left him, blaming him for the divorce and his dramas before Vincenzo didnt do well. I'm glad he is back, happy, confident, full of humbleness and popularity and I cant wait for him to be in another drama :wub:

  • Like 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

 

Glad to see SJK comback after his messy divorce, where i read previously fans left him, blaming him for the divorce and his dramas before Vincenzo didnt do well. I'm glad he is back, happy, confident, full of humbleness and popularity and I cant wait for him to be in another drama :wub:

 And not shy nor subtle when highlighting JYB's effect on him. So many praises for her, and you know how it will affect the fandom. Ha..

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

IKR. It goes to prove how professional actors are. When the director shout action they become their character and in that world.

 

I could feel the tight bond and friendship the cast and crew developed over the months, applaud to the casting director to find such amazing talents. Most of them want a second season, including KDY even if he had to be a ghost next to Vincenzo. LOL!

 

I hope SJK and Heewon PD won at Baeksang, I hope JYB will be there too as announcer. And I hope Vincenzo will get a lot of nominations in other awards shows. They deserve it.

 

Oh, Life after Vincenzo, what should I try to watch next?

Yes!  It's amazing to see the contrast.  Although as cute and funny as the behind the scenes I have to admit I can see why the scene was kind of messy onscreen because they were literally working out how it was going to work as they shot it. I remember I mentioned after episode 19 the blocking and timing of the scene could have been improved but now I can see they didn't really have time.

 

The competition is tight but I really hope they can win.  I think if nominations had come out a bit later after Vincenzo had completed it would have received even more nominations.

 

It's really hard to move on :criesariver:

 

18 hours ago, currentid said:

I'm really impressed with the amount of flexibility the director allowed the cast and all the great ideas they came up with.  In the cast interviews all the actors have talked about how many of the now famous and memorable scenes were actually ad libs.  Even in this last episode it was JYB and SJK's idea to add the second passionate kiss
 

 

 

^^^^^^ hi guys

 

can someone share a link to these cast interviews

 

many thanks 

Here are some that were kindly translated on Twitter and YT:)

 

Translation of SJK and JYB deciding to add the second kiss:heart:

 

The whole scene of Cha Young and Han Seo fighting about seniority and our OTP doing their cute thumb thing:lol:

 

This interview with one of my favourite characters: Kim Young-woong who played Bye Bye Balloon's Park Seok Deo is really interesting and talks about a lot of their adlibs.  The famous Bye Bye Balloon photoshoot:lol: was an adlib and the resident's party was all improvisation.  If you look in the YT comments to the username "Cocoa" she has kindly translated for international viewers^_^

 

 

Spoiler

 

 

Kwak Dong Yeon had some great adlibs too: Han Seo calling his brother scum in the final episode; Han Seo being all giddy at the ice rink after Vincenzo left; The "grandma" adlib when Vincenzo shot him:lol: The second account thread in the spoiler bar has a lot of highlights from KDY's interview where he talks about the adlibs.  

Spoiler

 

 

12 hours ago, TheaN said:

My ship has sailed!!!  :fullofhearts: :sweat_smile:

 

SeokHee ship endgame confirmed:lol::lol:

  • Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Yes!  It's amazing to see the contrast.  Although as cute and funny as the behind the scenes I have to admit I can see why the scene was kind of messy onscreen because they were literally working out how it was going to work as they shot it. I remember I mentioned after episode 19 the blocking and timing of the scene could have been improved but now I can see they didn't really have time.

 

The competition is tight but I really hope they can win.  I think if nominations had come out a bit later after Vincenzo had completed it would have received even more nominations.

 

It's really hard to move on :criesariver:

 

Here are some that were kindly translated on Twitter and YT:)

 

Translation of SJK and JYB deciding to add the second kiss:heart:

 

The whole scene of Cha Young and Han Seo fighting about seniority and our OTP doing their cute thumb thing:lol:

 

This interview with one of my favourite characters: Kim Young-woong who played Bye Bye Balloon's Park Seok Deo is really interesting and talks about a lot of their adlibs.  The famous Bye Bye Balloon photoshoot was an adlib and the resident's party was all improvisation.  If you look in the YT comments to the username "Cocoa" she has kindly translated for international viewers^_^

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Kwak Dong Yeon had some great adlibs too: Han Seo calling his brother scum in the final episode; Han Seo being all giddy at the ice rink after Vincenzo left; The "grandma" adlib when Vincenzo shot him:lol: The second account thread in the spoiler bar has a lot of highlights from KDY's interview where he talks about the adlibs.  

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

SeokHee ship endgame confirmed:lol::lol:

 

Thank you so much , very kind of you to point it out one by one !
 

 

thank you 

 

 

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know if there’s a chance our Yeo Been will attend Baeksang though not nominated? Dying for a chance to see our OTP reunite because this withdrawal is heavily weighing on me. I’m not familiar with Baeksang so not sure if only nominees attend or? Though with covid precautions they might try to keep the attendees at minimum but how awesome would it be? Bonus, our eyes would be blessed with gorgeous JYB in a gown. Also I forget if there’s such thing as a best couple award? Please enlighten me. 
 

Btw SJK has an online fan meet tomorrow and it was announced he’ll be bringing on a special surprise guest. I’m manifesting it to be JYB (would be fitting since it’s a fan meet following Vincenzo) though chances are slim. The only female counterpart he has ever invited to his fan meet was his now ex wife so he’d probably steer clear of that but I just want to put it out into the universe anyway. Also because JYB deserves so much more recognition than she has received for Vincenzo. Tell me why she didn’t get any press coverage after the airing of the drama? I wanted to hear her take on some of the things regarding the drama too. SJK was sweet to give her a lot of credit in his interviews but I wished we got to hear from her too. 

  • Like 4
  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know!!! I was waiting for Jeon Yeo Bin’s post Vincenzo interview to see her take on the final scene but so far nada. I’m so sad about that because most of the actors were given interviews. 

I’m hoping she’ll attend the Baeksang awards with Song Joong Ki  to show support for PD Kim Hee Won too. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello chingudeul! 

 

I stop watching temporarily the drama at eps6 but because it is already done I'll continue to watch it. 

 

Chukamanidah to  drama for the job well done. :hooray:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I can tell, I guess most of soompi or korean drama viewers aren't used to the Italian violence on screen in their dramas.  I can understand that since both the cultural countries almost never crossed path in the past. I think the Asian countries who might have better advantage in this case would be Japan, Philippine, Indonesia and possibly Thailand and Vietnam too.   Italian cinematic traits are very common in the Western areas especially in crime, dark comedy or horror themes movies and shows so someone like me who lives in Canada is used to watching them.  

 

 

  Vincenzo is a unique K anti-hero being raised in the foreign underworld but still retains some Asian traits such as his short tempers and find the place he called home when he came back to Korea.  I love the fact that he continues his underworld status to help the weak from the corrupt powers and that every allies, friends and supporters encourages him to pursue his current path instead persuade him into another path like most dark K dramas.   

 

 

  Hong Cha-Young deserves a huge praise to growing into the strong heroine people look up to.  From a spoiled selfish money grabbing rebellious lawyer to the kind of person her father wished for her to be defending the weak and helpless from the injustice.  Unlike Vincenzo, she realized how alone she was after leaving Wusang with no one to turn to since her father's death until later on.  She saw wide open since her fateful meeting with the consigliere the cruelty those like the people from her former law firm did to the innocents and how they get away with their crimes.  She learned through his methods dealing with villains by being one herself to see their strategies and used them against them.   Cha-Young knows what Vincenzo did was brutal but his way was nothing like the Babels because he has strong principles and limits he wouldn't cross.

 

  I don't know if it's unintentionally or not,  this drama was something most international Asians need right now alongside the 1st Asian American series written by Bruce Lee's daughter, Warrior which was recently renewed for the 3rd season, to fight against the hate against our culture due to lies and manipulations from corrupt medias and leaders to shift the blame for the cause of the pandemic.   Kamsamida Vincenzo team!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, currentid said:

Thank you so much , very kind of you to point it out one by one !
 

 

thank you 

You are welcome!  Those are just the ones i could remember off the top of my head but every new interview they all talk about their adlibs and improvisation.  Seems like it was such an enjoyable and creative set to work on. :)

 

19 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

Anyone know if there’s a chance our Yeo Been will attend Baeksang though not nominated? Dying for a chance to see our OTP reunite because this withdrawal is heavily weighing on me. I’m not familiar with Baeksang so not sure if only nominees attend or? Though with covid precautions they might try to keep the attendees at minimum but how awesome would it be? Bonus, our eyes would be blessed with gorgeous JYB in a gown. Also I forget if there’s such thing as a best couple award? Please enlighten me. 
 

Btw SJK has an online fan meet tomorrow and it was announced he’ll be bringing on a special surprise guest. I’m manifesting it to be JYB (would be fitting since it’s a fan meet following Vincenzo) though chances are slim. The only female counterpart he has ever invited to his fan meet was his now ex wife so he’d probably steer clear of that but I just want to put it out into the universe anyway. Also because JYB deserves so much more recognition than she has received for Vincenzo. Tell me why she didn’t get any press coverage after the airing of the drama? I wanted to hear her take on some of the things regarding the drama too. SJK was sweet to give her a lot of credit in his interviews but I wished we got to hear from her too. 

Non-nominated guests do attend Baeksang but I don't know about Baeksang this year.  I would think the guestlist would be restricted because of Covid. No, they don't have a Couple award at Baeksang. 

 

I am so sad how she is nowhere to be seen after the drama.  I was looking forward to her thoughts on the drama. Her interviews are always delightful because she is so articulate, intelligent and warm.  She is the lead in one of the most popular dramas in the last year and highest rated cable dramas ever but no interviews, no photoshoots...nothing.  I don't understand it.  I miss her:criesariver:

 

18 hours ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

I know!!! I was waiting for Jeon Yeo Bin’s post Vincenzo interview to see her take on the final scene but so far nada. I’m so sad about that because most of the actors were given interviews. 

I’m hoping she’ll attend the Baeksang awards with Song Joong Ki  to show support for PD Kim Hee Won too. 

All the other actors are given interviews, Q&As, videos, making appearances, new photoshoots and CFs but she is nowhere to be found.  I wanted to hear her thoughts and experiences from filming too. She was vital part of the drama and was a big reason for its success too. Why is she being ignored?  :headbang: I am so sad for my girl:bawling:

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, raziela said:

All the other actors are given interviews, Q&As, videos, making appearances, new photoshoots and CFs but she is nowhere to be found.  I wanted to hear her thoughts and experiences from filming too. She was vital part of the drama and was a big reason for its success too. Why is she being ignored?  


Exactly! Even the Geumga Plaza Residents got mini interviews. It’s upsetting, really. I wonder if it’s because she recently did interviews regarding night in paradise where she briefly touched on portraying HCY that’s why they feel no need to interview her again. Honestly I’d love to hear more from her. Her take on some of the questions sjk was asked such as her most memorable scene, chemistry with the cast and crew, and more! She was robbed and so were we. Not fair! Hopefully she’s just late in her interviews? Also want to see a pictorial of her. 
 

Anybody planning to purchase the dvd? I’m thinking about it. :D

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

SJK live youtube chat details.  It seems he cut his hair a bit after the wrapped up.  

SJK will be taking a break until July to resume his next project.   However, there'll be apparently new contents from him to fill up the void without Vincenzo every Friday

Edited by mystic62
switched to small bits of the chat from Twitter due to the video is now private
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 8:38 PM, Noname said:

 

Someone said this earlier, we have forgotten that he was a mafia member for most of his life and most likely have committed crimes against innocent people. Don’t think for a second that just because we saw the good side of him, he doesn’t have an evil side. He himself admits he is trash. 

Nope. We already know, he has lines he will not cross. He made the point to say in the show that (at least him himself) was more moral than the babel type villains because his mafia does not hurt women or children and does not cross the line of hurting innocent people (not on purpose anyways). V is nowhere near saintly, but he's no where near being the absolute worst like some, including himself, would want people to belive. He's made it clear he personally does not go after women/children/innocent people. He only goes after those more dangerous and way less moral than him. So he is an anti-hero without crossing the line of being a full blown villain. 

 

^ Tomorrow will be the first Saturday without new Vincenzo content in our lives. :crymeme:

  • Like 3
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

Exactly! Even the Geumga Plaza Residents got mini interviews. It’s upsetting, really. I wonder if it’s because she recently did interviews regarding night in paradise where she briefly touched on portraying HCY that’s why they feel no need to interview her again. Honestly I’d love to hear more from her. Her take on some of the questions sjk was asked such as her most memorable scene, chemistry with the cast and crew, and more! She was robbed and so were we. Not fair! Hopefully she’s just late in her interviews? Also want to see a pictorial of her. 
 

Anybody planning to purchase the dvd? I’m thinking about it. :D

*Sigh* Maybe she and her agency have just decided not to do any:confounded: On the plus side at least a new endorsement was announced for JYB today:w00t:  SJK had two announced recently and KDY had one announced too.  Happy for them all. I hope we hear about other Vincenzo actors getting deals Get money!:piggie:

 

Apparently, there will be hours of cutscenes on the DVD and we know just from the making videos that they deleted a lot.  If you do buy it, come back and tell us about the good ones hahaha:lol:

 

12 hours ago, mystic62 said:

SJK live youtube chat details.  It seems he cut his hair a bit after the wrapped up.  

Thanks for posting! It was so fun and nice to get a bit more Vincenzo now we have to face our first weekend without it:tears: So now both Joong Ki and Yeo Been have told us they took pictures of each other but they never gave us a single picture together:relieved:

Kim Sungcheol /Min Seong was a great guest.  You can tell him and SJK are good friends.  I was laughing so much him teaching the "correct" way to say Tae Hoooo~:lol:

 

More tidbits from the fan meeting Q&A (credit for translation @ritika on Twitter):

- SJK's thoughts on Inzaghi:innocent:

q: what happened to inzaghi?

a: i think inzaghi came all the way from italy when vincenzo came to korea. you can see a bird fly by in the first ep. it’s a fantasy element of course. but he’s kind of like a guardian angel for vincenzo

 

- SJK prefers iced sewage waste to espresso:P

q: do you drink espresso in real life?

a: i drank it once but it was too bitter so i never drank it again. while filming i drank an americano

 

- Agent An

jaejae said she loved ahn giseok and joongki said “im chulsoo was the first actor to be casted for vincenzo... ppl gave him a lot of love in cloy... it’s very hard to act the way he does bc he has to act cute but also he’s so obsessed with vincenzo”

 

- Even SJK isn't sure if the tenants know about the gold:lol:

q: so, do the tenants know about the gold??

a: i’m confused about that too. like do they know? do they not? i’ll ask the actors later in our group chat we have. i personally have no idea if they know or not. or maybe they know? yeah i think they must know

 

- Vincenzo vs. DOTS:o

q: who would win if yoo si jin and vincenzo fought 

a: sijin is our country’s best soldier. vincenzo is a mafia. i think vincenzo would win bc yoo sijin stays within the law while vincenzo doesn’t care.

 

- Joong Ki suggested Kim Sungcheol for the Min Seong character 

joongki asked sungcheol to cameo in vincenzo and he was like “oh ok, sure!” but once he got the script he thought “omg this would be fun, but i don’t wanna do it” 

sungcheol said “minseong is so bad but he loves vincenzo so much”

 

- Cha Young is always his number one:wub:

q: chayoung or minseong

a: of course chayoung. i don’t even have to think about it

 

- About the photo book

q: i want the vincenzo photo book!

a: it was a staff photobook. ppl mistakenly thought i made it, but our actors all gathered in the waiting room and park seokdo said he did it before and we should do it. without the staff knowing we all made it together and gave it to them
ritika
he said it’s not available to give out bc it’s the memories btwn the vincenzo actors and the staff

 

Joong ki's three favourite moments from Vincenzo:

1st: montage after Mr. Hong's death in Episode 4 Choi Myunghee dances over classic music after killing someone. It made him angry but he loved her expression so much.

2nd: when the tenants are waiting for Vincenzo to comfort him after his mother's death "I got goosebumps while filming, watching it, and even now. Vincenzo begins thinking, 'am I qualified to lead these people?'"

3rd: Ending of episode 20 where Vincenzo walks away after kissing Hong Chayoung and stares at the camera

"I think it’s a scene that wrapped up our show very well."

Spoiler

 

 

12 hours ago, mystic62 said:

SJK will be taking a break until July to resume his next project.   However, there'll be apparently new contents from him to fill up the void without Vincenzo every Friday

I hope he gets a real holiday after that.  He is working so hard for the last year and hasn't slowed down even after Vincenzo completed filming.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, raziela said:

*Sigh* Maybe she and her agency have just decided not to do any:confounded: On the plus side at least a new endorsement was announced for JYB today:w00t:  SJK had two announced recently and KDY had one announced too.  Happy for them all. I hope we hear about other Vincenzo actors getting deals Get money!

 

Apparently, there will be hours of cutscenes on the DVD and we know just from the making videos that they deleted a lot.  If you do buy it, come back and tell us about the good ones hahaha:lol:


Hoping she’ll grace the cover of a magazine and give us the in depth interview then. It’s totally possible!

 

So happy for the opportunities Vincenzo has given the cast. They deserve all the success in the world. 
 

Agreed, I feel robbed of the BTS especially of CenCha moments. Each time they show the two, they always cut it short. The most generous they were was the bts of episode 20. That’s why I want to buy the dvd but I’m afraid they’d be the same and rob me again so we will see. I want a long directors cut version of the kisses and bts lol. Otherwise it wouldn’t be worth the purchase. Though there’s the commentary which will be fun too.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..