[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Watch: Jeon Yeo Bin, Song Joong Ki, Taecyeon, Kwak Dong Yeon, And More Master The Art Of Comedic Acting On Set Of “Vincenzo”

b30330a2d6634f5fa4dfdbab9b03e275.jpeg?s=

May 4, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Vincenzo” released a hilarious behind-the-scenes video!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

The new making-of video begins with the violent confrontation scene between Vincenzo Cassano and Jang Jun Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon). After Song Joong Ki pretends to shoot Taecyeon’s ear during the rehearsal, Kwak Dong Yeon pretends to take a picture. He looks around for Taecyeon’s ear and says he’s found it while picking up a slice of orange. Kwak Dong Yeon and Jo Han Chul panic and run around, and Kim Yeo Jin suggests, “Let’s go after we kill them.”

The Geumga Plaza cast get excited to be on the making-of video, and they begin to send video messages to their actual family. On a different set, Kwak Dong Yeon, Kim Yeo Jin, and Taecyeon quickly grab food in between takes, and they try to make up various excuses to the making-of camera. Kwak Dong Yeon explains, “Even though I look like this, I’m still growing.” Kim Yeo Jin shares, “It’s not me who’s eating. I’m acting.” Taecyeon asks, “Is Myung Hee (Kim Yeo Jin) eating this?” Kim Yeo Jin replies, “No, Myung Hee is acting. I’m not eating this because I want to.”

Jeon Yeo Bin, Lee Chul Soo, and Yoon Byung Hee refer back to an old making-of video where Yoon Byun Hee told Lee Chul Soo not to try and stand out purposefully. Jeon Yeo Bin and Yoon Byung Hee adorably lift Lee Chul Soo up and high-five. Jeon Yeo Bin shares, “Mr. Cho (Choi Young Joon) feels alienated now,” and all three get together to lift Choi Young Joon up. However, he doesn’t understand the reference because he hasn’t watched any of the making-of videos.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1467240wpp/watch-jeon-yeo-bin-song-joong-ki-taecyeon-kwak-dong-yeon-and-more-master-the-art-of-comedic-acting-on-set-of-vincenzo

• Thanks 1

Vincenzo: Episode 19

by quirkycase

Vincenzo19-01167.jpg

The end is nigh, and our adversaries are done playing games. Our lead sets his final plans into motion, preparing to take out his enemies one by one. On the verge of losing everything, the chairman sheds what little restraint he’s had and takes drastic measures to try to beat his ex-Mafia foe. Whichever side ultimately wins, there’s bound to be a lot of pain and bloodshed before it’s all said and done.

EPISODE 19

After making sure Cha-young and Mi-ri are okay, Vincenzo beckons Chief Kim’s men forward. He takes out several of the men, but he’s vastly outnumbered. He gets hit over the head and falls to the ground where Cha-young and Mi-ri rush over to him. They scream as one of the men raises a metal pipe to strike.

It’s the tenants’ turn to come to the rescue this time. Led by “Lightening Scissors” Hong-shik, they jump into the fray. As they fight, we learn that there are several sports’ champions among the tenants. Cheol-wook is a gold medal winning wrestler, Yeon-jin is a gold medal winning weightlifter, and Hee-soo is a boxing champion. Even Chef Baek is a ssireum (Korean wrestling) champion.

Vincenzo19-00235.jpg

The tenants emerge exhausted but victorious, and now Chief Kim isn’t so sure of himself as Vincenzo approaches. Chief Kim starts to ask about the gold, but Cha-young knocks him out with a wooden beam. Afterwards, everyone has celebratory drinks at Arno’s. The tenants credit Vincenzo and Cha-young with bringing the community together and giving them a reason to use their fighting skills.

Later at Jipuragi, Young-woon asks how Vincenzo moved the gold. We flash back to Vincenzo’s talk with the monks. They’d been getting shocked whenever they meditated over a specific spot on the floor, so they looked under the floorboards and discovered the vault. They ask Vincenzo if the gold is hidden there.

Since they’ve already guessed the truth, Vincenzo admits it and asks for their help. The next day, Vincenzo had Mi-ri open the vault. The Jipuragi team, Mi-ri, and the monks then moved the gold out little by little over the coming days.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/05/vincenzo-episode-19/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

Guys... Game caterers x Vincenzo is out with sub now!

@suzy0604 watched this earlier. I was LOLing and amazed how good they were. Our monks are sooooooo smart. And Monk Jeokha is the funniest! The Scream of Silence is really one of the best games of Na PD.  

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Last BTS hiiiks....

I'm not a shipper of actors, but dang these two are so sweet to each other.. :kiss_wink:

I didn't know that SJK is such a warm and affectionate person, no wonder the cast, staff and crew seem to adore and respect him not because he's a Hallyu star. I was not a fan before but, I do now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

37 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

I'm not a shipper of actors, but dang these two are so sweet to each other.. :kiss_wink:

I didn't know that SJK is such a warm and affectionate person, no wonder the cast, staff and crew seem to adore and respect him not because he's a Hallyu star. I was not a fan before but, I do now.

:bawling: This one hits different. I’m so so sad. Genuinely.

Same, the on and off screen chemistry of sjk+jyb is ooozing. Truly one of the best I’ve seen! Can’t help but ship. Huuu. They seem to complement each other very well and share a lot of laughs. Not going to push it but I’d celebrate if they end up irl. :wub: Too bad we didn’t get bts of their kiss scene. Maybe they’re saving it for the dvd. 

Yes Joong Ki is truly a warm, affectionate and humble man. One of the many reasons I love him. Despite his star status, he’s grounded. He’s always kind and takes really good care of everyone around him. :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 4

I bet No oppa can understand her creative vision  :sweat_smile::mrgreen:

creative mind Do this , will be perfect 

g0Ynhzd.gif

Oppa : why getting a kiss  need to be this complicated :tounge_wink:

XY6milf.gif

FrA4nGU.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

The last day of shooting of the hospital scene behind the scene when SJK hugs JYB seems so real couple like, how can one not ship them!! It’s so difficult to remind yourself that they are actors playing roles. 

on a lighter note what is the hand gesture that they make when  they say Vincenzo Cassano does it have some Korean or Italian significance? Or is it just style or a signature move? 

I think the writer possibly wrote the story with either of the two points of view:

Point of View one: the premise of Vincenzo being good mafia lies in the fact that the show is suspended reality. It has aspects of reality but there are fictional assumptions that are fixed. Like the system, literally every small part of the system is corrupt. (I think Vincenzo mentioned that in the bridge scene? But I’m not sure as sometimes the Netflix translation is off!) Also babel group chairman and the women lawyer are also extremely corrupt and killed innocent victims at every level who were helpless. The cancer victim was one such victim shown but they alluded to there being many more, their relatives killed in the car, the people who were administered/were to be administered the drug  that they were making. vincenzos mom was a victim of the system and so was HCYs dad. The scissor man also had fought injustice and then given up. So vincenzos character is justified possibly only with all factors remaining constant as shown in the series.

in reality I would like to believe that there would be a one off lawyer, one off doctor, one off judge, one of prosecutor, one of businessman who is honest and that the world is not all corrupt. Difficult to believe in today’s world in some places/countries/cities? Maybe. But we still need to believe that because we all need hope to make it through our lives each day.

Point of view two: the series was written as cathartic for victims of the system in real life maybe even somewhat an ode to the people who have been at the receiving end of the system. The voiceless unheard unnamed faceless victims that have bourne the brunt of injustice but the marks and scars remain mentally and physically maybe. Victims of judicial mistakes, workplace sexual harassment, police misconduct, families of victims of addiction habits like prescribed drugs etc. they would probably wish every single day that Vincenzo existed. So the character is also a fictional manifestation of the weak persons  imagined response. What they would wish someone did for them because they have felt powerless against the system. It’s an escape mechanism of what they wished but cannot happen in the real world. A small balm over their wounds. The story provides representation for the victims but it’s made for a larger audience as everyone has experienced varied degrees of injustice at some point or knows someone closely who has and felt helpless.

I personally chose to fast forward the violent scenes in the last episode reminding myself that a series is a peek into the writers world and not necessarily what I want will happen I can only try to understand and make peace. and am happy with HCY and VC having a open happy ending. The chemistry is really off the charts even with just two kiss scenes ❤️

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

SJK seem to have so much fun on set. This is the first time I've seen him enjoy filming so much...correct me if I'm wrong. lol Maybe there are just more bts cameras then usual, so they were able to film many happy moments with SJK. However, I think he has admitted to this being a very happy moment in his career. It can be hard for any actor/actress to find a cast/crew who works so well together, it shows on and off screen, Vincenzo has achieved this. JYB, this girl...her happy attitude, no wonder she seems so fun to be around. I can see a good friendship blossoming between SJK and JYB even after this finished filming.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I’ve been thinking about it and I was wondering when Oh Kyung Ja realised Vincenzo was her son? Any opinion on when she found out that V was her son? Did Hong You Chan tell her? Maybe after she was admitted to the hospital and V scolded her and her doctors since she started knitting the scarf after that? Or she knew from the very beginning?

• Insightful 4

19 minutes ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

I’ve been thinking about it and I was wondering when Oh Kyung Ja realised Vincenzo was her son? Any opinion on when she found out that V was her son? Did Hong You Chan tell her? Maybe after she was admitted to the hospital and V scolded her and her doctors since she started knitting the scarf after that? Or she knew from the very beginning?

I think she already knew when VC visited her after HCY’s father passed away. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

At the end of the day, for me personaly, he is a muderer and a criminal, but the people he murder would hurt or killed more and more innocent people if they are let to roam the society, that in mind he is the lesser evil. For me, He is neither right or wrong, black or white. He is grey. 

To some he is devil incarnate, a villain, to some he is a dark hero, a saviour.

Absolutely! To me Vincenzo is the perfect definition of an anti-hero.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

Last BTS hiiiks....

Thank you for posting. The contrast between the amount of fun, chaos and laughing when they were filming the CY hostage/HS death scene compared to the violent, dramatic showdown onscreen:lol:  It is such a bittersweet feeling to watch:criesariver:  So much sweetness, fun and laughter with this amazing cast and crew but also knowing it's finally time to say goodbye to them after all these months. I'm really impressed with the amount of flexibility the director allowed the cast and all the great ideas they came up with.  In the cast interviews all the actors have talked about how many of the now famous and memorable scenes were actually ad libs.  Even in this last episode it was JYB and SJK's idea to add the second passionate kiss:smooches2:

I agree with you about SJK. This drama has given me a newfound appreciation of him, not only as an actor, but as a person too.  I was a fan of Jeon Yeo Been before this drama but now I adore her even more. I also loved so many of the supporting actors and will look out for their future performances.  It will be hard to find a combination of actors with this talent, warmth, connection and camaraderie again.  It is genuinely a pleasure watching them all act together led by the excellent director, Kim Hee-Won, who created such a pleasant atmosphere on the set and writer, Park Jae-Bum who gave us these memorable characters.  Thank you to the whole Vincenzo team for an unforgettable drama:heart1:

The trailer for 57th Baeksang Awards has quite a few Vincenzo scenes.  Even Myung Hee and !ngazhi made an appearance! I was surprised to see so much considering the drama only received two nominations.  The award ceremony is next week so wishing good luck to our leading man and director:hwaiting:

Korean fans are asking for international fans help voting in the Popularity Award category which is decided by fan votes.  Please vote for Song Joong Ki if you have Tik tok:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2