[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

This is the worst ending that i have seen in a show. I can't believe that this is what the director and writer came up with.

Spoiler

Hanseo didn't deserve to die. He was the only pitiful person and his character development was great. I don't like that the writer made me like him just to kill him off like if he was going to die then they shouldn't have given his a character development. Chacenzo's ending kiss wasn't enough to distract me from Hanseo's death, Also he didn't get a burial after sacrificing himself for vincenzo that was the end? We didn't get to see vincenzo visiting his grave. If Hanseo isn't pulling a Bae rona then I don't want a season 2 at all

I feel like a bad person for enjoying what happened to Myunghee and hanseok. 

• Like 3

I feel like I can live with this ending because I fully believe that VinCha meet up all the time when they're able to. (ala cloy) But I also feel like a s2 could happen... not sure I'd trust the writer to write a really good romance for VCY though so this end works.

IT IS SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

clara on Twitter: "ill watch this for the rest of my life #VincenzoEp20 https://t.co/cuyg7l9Bd3" / Twitter

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

I got spoilered and my heart broke.

The death was so unnecessary. After all of VC skillful fighting, plans, he couldn't fight Hanseok when the guy was already fighting his brother? 

She would have been safe if he got rid of the pistol first, and Han seo wouldn't have died!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Overall Vincenzo is a 9.8/10. Took away .2 because of unnecessary death and because that ending is slightly confusing. Is it truly happy?? Is it open?? Be more concise writers next time please.

• Like 4

After they delayed one week episodes last week, promising a good ending.. yet, this is what we get? Haiz...

i havent watched the last episode but the ending with Hanseo's death seemed silly, coz we know Vincenzo should have over-powered Hanseok before helping CY. Knowing how weak Hanseo is against Han seok.. sighhhhh... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, itsmeash said:

Overall Vincenzo is a 9.8/10. Took away .2 because of unnecessary death and because that ending is slightly confusing. Is it truly happy?? Is it open?? Be more concise writers next time please.

Yes... HS death was heartbreaking.. and unnecessary...  I need time to process this.. :sad1:

sad winnie the pooh GIF

But I'm satisfied with the ending, the villains get what they deserve in worst way possible, and Vincha is together, maybe not in a conventional way.. but they sealed their undying love with a breathtaking kiss (YB is such a good kisser!). Yay! my bet was right!! 

Even if they didnt get to see each other often but he would come visit her whenever he can and she could always stay at his private islands.

While both of them still fullfiling their calling in clearing evil/injustice in their own way.

Cha Young looks ravishing and stunning in that black dress! Mammamia!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

For such a great drama week to week, I'm sorry but that ending was meh -

As others have pointed out Han Seo shouldn't have died, and after all the hype of the importance of the guillotine file, why couldn't the NIS give VC a bullet proof new identity after he returned the file to them, so he could stay in country?

It wasn't a bad ending, but it easily could've been alot better. 

#disappointed

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Raynaa said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COVnoiiJfVF/?igshid=gphgx18w6u4n

I noticed that in the coffee shop scene they spent a second or so showing the inside of Vincenzo’s coffee cup after he finished his coffee. Reminded me of Turkish coffee readings (the cup was also smaller similar to Turkish coffee I think) and the leftover coffee seemed to reflect the yin yang sign again. In Turkish coffee readings that can mean two Messages either ‘find your balance’ or ‘infinite love’ for CenCha going back to the table scene when they fell asleep after getting drunk in the same yin yang shape I’m guessing it means infinite love which means it should be a happy ending :) 

if not the yin yang sign it could also be interpreted as the letter S which also stands for ‘happiness’ but I think the yin yang and infinite love is the more relevant symbolism here.

Thanks for sharing this tidbit! No wonder they focused on the inside of his coffee cup because usually you only see him drinking out of it.

• Like 1

I dont know how to react to the ending. Not sure I'll watch it again bcoz I'm thinking that might be I'm not a fan of this drama. VC ending is just like the beginning, fleeing from one country to another. So, his home is Italy? The Cassano family through n through... 

The happy ending is for the Geumga Plaza family and justice to the bad people. The torture part for both of them (CMH n JHS) is that justified? I dont know. It feels like an overkill. We know they can escape the law if doing by law. Well.. Nobody miss them anyway. 

Hope everybody can accept what the drama gave us. Just enjoy it in anyway u could. Good nite! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

For such a great drama week to week, I'm sorry but that ending was meh -

As others have pointed out Han Seo shouldn't have died, and after all the hype of the importance of the guillotine file, why couldn't the NIS give VC a bullet proof new identity after he returned the file to them, so he could stay in country?

It wasn't a bad ending, but it easily could've been alot better. 

#disappointed

Absolutely agree with you on this. 

The ending was not well thought out. It was rushed and left much to be desired. The drama could have been wrapped up neatly but the ending complicated things. Am I the only one disappointed that Vincenzo went back to live his Mafia life? I was under the impression he was trying to leave his past behind since he had nightmares about it. This is all part of the writer’s scheme to separate Vincenzo and hcy but it’s inconsistent with what has been shown so far. The writer is trying hard to push towards a last minute sad love story but unfortunately, it made no sense.  

All in all, the drama strived to be shocking by adding in the many twists but it fell short of expectations because the twists became predictable. It was fun at first but the writer played the same card too many times, I’ve certainly lost count by now. The villains were horribly written and didn’t put up a good fight and Vincenzo always came out victorious without effort. The ending left me pondering on what they actually did to defeat the bad guys. It would be wonderful if all the corrupt things in this world were saved on a file and it was that easy to take out the bad guys. Yet, the drama dragged on for 20 episodes and still robbed viewers of a potentially great battle. Perhaps ending it in 16 episodes would have done it. 

Can’t say I’m not disappointed. It had all the potential but fell flat. 

• Like 5

It seems that I am of minority here who LOVED the ending to bits. It was a very satisfying ending for me. Major kudos to the writers for sticking to their guns. They allowed Vincenzo to embody a mafia's murderous and tenacious ways to the very end. Vincenzo is probably one of the best-written anti-heroes I have seen in kdramas. He remained dark and merciless till the very end. We even got confirmation that he still continues to lead the same tenacious ways. This drama was never written to show a mafia's redemption arc or atonement. It was done to reiterate that the world can be so evil, that there would be instances where justice should be served mercilessly. With that in mind, Vincenzo is able to justify his existence as someone who uproots evil mercilessly, when the law is no longer sufficient to punish the monsters. As an audience, I feel so wrong rooting for a character like Vincenzo, but at the same time, this is what dramas are all about. We all have that inner monster in us and if I can allow that "monster" in me to be satisfied by vicariously living through a drama character, the writers have done their jobs. Thank you writers for not being cowards!

• Like 15
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 2

Just finish watching

1. Ok, did anyone noticed Vincenzo's red ears at the art gallery? Ha

2. Hmm... he could easily change his identity and enter Korea? His friends in the intelligence could help him with that?

3. Its great that he still keep in touch with Cha Yong, with all his postcards from malta..... 

4. Sigh, Han seo had to die but not Mr Lee? That stab wound? I know im being cruel (him going to be a father and all), but something good could have come out from Hanso had he lived...

5. Brutal deaths of Hanseok?, Munyong? And the Chief Prosecutor... i tot the Prosecutor's death was sad, throat slit in public..  grusome! Its like Julius Ceaser! Urgh... 

6. Where did most of the gold go?  Chayoung's gold bed doesnt even cover half of it...

7. I didnt really understand why Hanseo and hanseok had to live together in the first place... and funny that he is able to put all tracking devises on his watches.

8. Despite some saying Guemga Plaza residents redeemed themselves in the drama, i still dont think so... much scenes of them were taken at the start fo the drama, too long introduction, the scenes could have been focused on how Vincenzo took care of the villans himself and his romance with chayong... Italian right? Besides mafia and spagehtti, they are known for their lover quality, hahaa... The drama just had too many actors and to fit their stories in the drama...

9. I guess we should be happy with the long ending... though not really satisfied with the romance arch... cant Chayong just leave with him? After one year, there should be something more... haha.. me and my perverted brain. :D

10. While i dont mind Vincenzo became the head of his italian family, i would hope he bring Chayong with him... danger or not.. i dont know what im saying.. haha..

11. What happened to Inzahagi? Forgot the spelling.. hah

---

Gonna check how does Malta  really look like on the map!

• Like 3

Personally I don't mind the ending too much. It really does remind me of the Crash Landing On You ending. And yes I'd love for CY to leave with V, but at the same time I like that they're so in love but still able to live separately and survive. They're strong together and apart. Out of all the ships I've shipped so far in kdrama land, I feel they are definitely top 3 of the ships that will be truly a forever couple in their world. Once the credits roll, I have no doubt that if we saw them 20+ years later, they'd still be madly in love and making it work whether in the same country or not.

To me, "one soul in two," is just as strong apart than together. No matter whether they are together or in different countries, they're forever connected. Don't have to be together all the time to make it mean something so strong.

• Like 8
  • Love 1