Yunno, I was kind of meh on this show in the beginning, like, take it or leave it, but gosh am I glad I stayed! 

yay for Dongsaeng staying in the Light, and yay for Vincenzo finding another way to solve the Italian Problem, and yay, I think hacker, monks and Vincenzo all moved the gold and file already!

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems that I am of minority here who LOVED the ending to bits. It was a very satisfying ending for me. Major kudos to the writers for sticking to their guns. They allowed Vincenzo to embody a mafia

I couldn't agree more! That was a perfect kiss scene. From the very beginning, when the gallery director  started chanting for a kiss, you could see CY having that look of inner turmoil, but finally c

I hear you! I also don't think he's the same as Han Seung Hyeok, Choi Myung Hee, and Jang Han Seok, like, at all. Choi Myung Hee and Jang Han Seok were evil to the bone—I absolutely don't see Vincenzo

41 minutes ago, raziela said:

I think her mistake was on purpose from the writer.  I hope Vincenzo will correct her next week and we will get our CenCha moment:fullofhearts:

No, CY was correct. One of the versions attributed to Aristotle's Twin Flames quote was about friends. I believe he makes the argument that a strong friendship is part of the soulmate relationship. Anyhoo, this perked me up because I'm familiar with the Twin Flames theory. It is heavily referenced in Western literature and philosophy. The Netflix translation really threw me off.

At the same time, I don't want to be putting too much stock into this. I've been increasingly frustrated and irked with the VC-CY storyline development since ep14.

36 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

I am not sure why there was the need to bring Luca to persuade VC to go to Italy (for what?) and then a quick about turn. That story arc took all of 20 minutes. It was like they needed some tension but didn't have time to play it out. 

Luca was pretty unnecessary. They totally could've called, emailed, or Zoomed to discuss the Italy situation.

I really hope ep 19-20 are more CY-centric. If I were JYB, I'd be pretty annoyed to have less screen time than Mr. Cho himself. JYB has legit acting chops. I get that this drama centers around SJK, but JYB is up to par with him in acting ability and they're wasting her talent. Thank goodness she is THE main lead in her next drama.

• Like 8
On 4/26/2021 at 12:51 AM, Le_Amarant said:

Hollllld up. That's Aristotle's Twin Flames theory, which is THE original soulmates theory in Western canon. It's not a friendzoned quote at all. I just finally paid closer attention to this. Netflix butchered the translation. If HCY was quoting Aristotle's Twin Flames to Vincenzo, then it's as big a declaration of love as you can get.

Cha Young definitely said friendship in Italian (according to italian speakers) so it looks like she made the mistake and thinks she is only talking about friendship.  I expect Vincenzo knows the real quote

On 4/26/2021 at 1:08 AM, Phoenix Klaw said:

Though they are entertaining to watch and carry their scenes well, its really strange that there was suddenly so much of Han Seo and Director Han in these two episodes. I don't think these two were intended to be the main side characters. I wonder if the director/producer saw that Geumga Plaza crowd didn't fulfill their potential, and hence, decided to do last minute changes instead. Even Han Seok, the real villain, seems to have reached a plateau where character-development is concerned. He got sidelined in these two episodes and all he was allowed to do was look angry, fume, plot and be frustrated again.

There was so much potential for the development of HCY and VC relationship but it seemed rushed. After his mother's death, all there was was the pat on the back by the stream. I am not sure why there was the need to bring Luca to persuade VC to go to Italy (for what?) and then a quick about turn. That story arc took all of 20 minutes. It was like they needed some tension but didn't have time to play it out. 

I agree. This is just my opinion I think the writer realised he made a mistake with the Plaza residents by writing them so unlikeable and two dimensional for two thirds of the drama when the he saw the audience reaction towards them was so negative.  He's tried to redeem them in the last third but it was a bit too late.  Also there are just too many of them-especially since he added Mr An and Bye Bye Balloon-that he seems at a bit of a loss on what to do with them all.  I also think he increased Han Seo's role because KDY received a positive response for his acting in his early scenes.  However, I actually think the evolution of Han Seo's character arc and his bromance with Vincenzo has been very well handed and seems organic.  I also think Jo Han Chul is hilariously good as Han Seung-hyuk.  Self-preservation is his motivation. Not sure if you have watched the excellent Secret Forest/Stranger but I saw him compared to a more comedic version of the smarmy, self-interested, corrupt Seo Dong-jae character (played by Lee Joon-Hyuk) and I think that is so accurate.  I kind of hate him but his scenes are so entertaining at the same time. 

I agree Han Seok has not quite lived up to that incredible reveal moment in episode 4.  His character just isn't smart and strategic enough.  I still think this is down to a rewrite revealing his true character early and scrapping what I think was the original plan for the character to be working with Jipuragi and potentially more of a love triangle before finding out about his betrayal.  I have seen some tweets guessing the new character who kidnapped Mr Cho might be the final boss they need to defeat. His nickname is "The Kingmaker" and he even had a "King" playing card as his backdrop in his lair.  This also ties back to the chess metaphor Vincenzo used.

I felt the Vincenzo/Cha Young relationship seemed more like their usual selves in episode 18 than the strange distance in episode 17.  Maybe because Vincenzo was no longer wrapped in grief? The warmth was back but it was still hindered by the lack of CY screen time.  It was rushed but I think the whole Luca appearance was just to show Vincenzo making a conscious, active decision to stay in South Korea even when he was needed back in Italy. Korea is now his priority and where he has found his family...of course, him looking at the pen from CYis significant to one of the main reasons he wants to stay;)

• Like 7
4 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

Ep 13 : babel tower auction, NIS director presents at the auction, V and Mr. choi open the basement which results to V obtaining the guillotine file. At this point CY and Mr. Nam only know about the gold oblivious of the guillotine file

Ep 15 : V tells CY and Mr. Nam that he has the file

Ep 17 : flashback scene shows that V already told Mr. Ahn that he has the file, ask him to convince NISD to pretend to be on babel's side which then lead to Mr. Ahn having the deal with NISD. Note that V said those who know about him having the file are only CY, Mr. Nam and Mr. Ahn

The discussion of Guillotine File already happened in the middle of ep.12. I believe the flashback of VC telling Ahn that they have the file happened on that same night as when Ahn told Jipuragi team about the file (ep.12)

Notice that Ahn’s boss repeated what Ahn told him by saying the file is still locked in the basement of Geumga, and the only person who can take it out is VC. 

I guess “have” the file means knowing where it is and how to get it.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
2 hours ago, raziela said:

Same as my thoughts.  She isn't brave enough to tell him her feelings but she does reassure him of the depth of their friendship.  It is Vincenzo who will have to initiate if they are going to take the next step. It was also super cute she learned a phrase in another language just for him:blush:

2 hours ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

There was so much potential for the development of HCY and VC relationship but it seemed rushed. After his mother's death, all there was was the pat on the back by the stream. I am not sure why there was the need to bring Luca to persuade VC to go to Italy (for what?) and then a quick about turn. That story arc took all of 20 minutes. It was like they needed some tension but didn't have time to play it ou

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Cha Young definitely said friendship in Italian (according to italian speakers) so it looks like she made the mistake and thinks she is only talking about friendship.  I expect Vincenzo knows the real quote

The thing I don't get about the whole airport scene or their interaction in ep 17 and 18 was how VC was written to be more passive, and distant, Like the whole thing at the airport, he just settle with that hand shake, and after hearing such words for CY he just smile, I was expecting he quote something back in Italian, that makes CY wonders the meaning, or perhaps hug her?after that he didnt even look back at her.

It was always CY that keeps the boat sailing, but I wish VC will take more initiative : she give him hugs, she initiated the kiss, and she basically says that he is her soulmate. She is basically waiting for him to take one step forward.

Will there be a confession scene? Will we get another kiss? Would they only end up as platonic? I'm nervous about that.

We got a new villain, perhaps a

smarter one, because he efficiently knows exactly how to open the safe, I hope this wont take much from the two episodes we have left, from the writer to wrap up Vincha love line. They need to talk the elephant in the room.. really

• Like 4

It's sad that the pandemic prevents the dramas from extending the show based on the rating to explore further the story.  As much as I love Flower of Evil, it was an example of a really popular drama that had quite a lot plot holes that I wished the extended the show to cover them instead of rushing to end the series on schedule.

I knew Han Seo alerted the team before the ending.  Vincenzo became the older brother he longed to look up to.  Still laughed at how he actually got the bullet wound. He really step up the plate today listening to his new idol advices of using his brain as his weapon which allowed him to finally beat his brother.  Such a cute bromance where Vince allowed him to call him Hyung.

Han-Seok got just what he deserved and he should have take a sign how bad he is screwed especially his enemy warmed what he'll do after killing his mom.  I praise Taec Yeon oppa for his fantastic acting in his 1st villain role.   I think he'll escape from prison next week judging by yesterday's preview where he wore a hoodie to hide his appearance.  Hopefully he'll have a scene with Cha-Yong since it's been a long while they hadn't have interact with each other since ep 12.

Its good to know a bit of Vincent background in Italy and his reputation in the Mafia.  So his 1st foster parents were normal citizens and he did cared for them before their murder during the robbery.  He joined the Mafia for two years to avenge them by tormenting their killer before he ended him by his own hands.  

And Luca, his surprise short appearance was the star of the episode including M r. Nam and Mr. An gave him a big hug.  Poor him looked so confused. I think he will be featured in the last episodes. I'll enjoy seeing him in some of the weirdness Vincenzo had experience in Korea including meeting Inzaghi.  Paolo might return too for the confrontation with his former step brother.  It'll possibly be a good set up for the possible sequel of the drama.

I was right about the monks will help Vincenzo by secretly move the gold with the assist of So Mi without letting everyone from the plaza know.

Guess the new OST will be heard in the final episodes.

• Like 5

Hello friends! I'm reposting my thoughts about Vincenzo and CY's relationship from my tumblr and thought it would be fun to share (also, I'd love to discuss!). I caught up to episode 16 just before the new episodes came this week and honestly have been a mess but having fun through it all because of the lovely community we have here.  

After getting baited for this week's episode after the 2 week drought, I have finally calmed down and have a lot of thoughts about the recent developments of our Chayenzo/Chacenzo/Cencha ship. I think, given what the writers have been building up over the weeks and the unexpected payoff of Ep. 14, it was easy to momentarily forget that Chayenzo would not be the focus of the story.

I didn't intend for it to be this long, so the rest are under the cut:

Spoiler

The titular character of Vincenzo has and will always remain in the heart and center of the story, and I appreciate how this week's episodes have done that. It should have been expected as soon as his mother was killed that the following episodes would focus on V, on finally showing just how far he could go, and the consequences of him just simply not giving a fk anymore. By showing his true colors, this would be the challenge for CY: would she still be willing to associate herself and her emotions with this man, despite all that she's seen?

Sure, it's not hard to be disappointed either about (1) the lack of Cha-Young this week and (2) the lack of progress between V's and CY's relationship. I myself was not immune to that (also, because my best talent is clownery). But the story managed to weave and completely flesh out Vincenzo's true character (notable scene: V visiting Jun Woo at the prison) that answered many of our questions. In fact, it was necessary to do so. We've visited and addressed his past, and it creates a space to move forward with his new future with what he has built in Korea, and more importantly, his relationship with CY. I would have been largely disappointed if the storyline continued with CY pretending that Vincenzo was not as bad as he seemed. It would have been disappointing to see her reasoning with herself that Vincenzo was not someone to be afraid of or taken aback from. The discomfort she experienced seeing her father's killer be killed in front of her was absolutely needed. This was not a scene that we should be afraid of in regards to the direction of their relationship, but instead, appreciated from a narrative lens. This was Vincenzo not only honoring his promise to her, but showing her at full force who he really was, what he was capable of, and what lengths he was willing to go to. It's also important to note that at this point in the story, Vincenzo already has a massive amount of comfort and trust in CY -- he did not push her away nor shield her from what she was about to experience. My only gripe: not communicating with her ahead of time of what he was about to do. Personally, I don't necessarily think it was Vincenzo testing her by not telling her a thing. He literally was just out here putting forward his most authentic self and the not so subtle art of giving a single f**k. But was CY still willing to accept that about him?

The series, so far, has been all about showing, not telling. It's also what made us fall in love with the interactions between Chayenzo. Her visible discomfort at her morals being pulled apart reminds us of this. Any normal human being who was not in his business, his world, would obviously be taken aback. Fearful even. It brings us back to their conversation when she asked whether he has killed, and he asks her if she'd cut ties with him if the answer was a yes. This is her showing us their distance, the mural that he was and would be in her eyes at this point in time.

The scene where it shows a flashback of her seeing her father's death gave me two interpretations: (1) a reminder of her anger about his unjustified death and (2) the pull at her morality, because this was an act that her late father would have never accepted. With these two ideas in mind, she takes a deep breath and returns to her seat next to him. I personally don't think she has come to completely accept it, because it will take time to fully realize that she just watched him murder a man. And it also shows a strength of her agency as a character because we don't ever see her succumbing to just "omg I love Vincenzo therefore I will blatantly accept anything he does". The writer makes sure we don't forget that HCY is a woman with her own values and principles. After their conversation at the couch, she is the one to walk towards Vincenzo by the window and she clinks her glass with him first and reassures him that she is still 100% in this. I do wish that they had spared even a moment of brief conversation about what just happened, to let her speak what was going through her mind and him listening to it. Crossing my fingers that they're able to talk in future episodes when things have somewhat calmed down.

Let's not forget that there was a glaring and apparent tone shift at the end of Ep.16 after his mother's death. V is out for revenge and for blood. Where in the world will CY safely fit into this equation? The buildup of the distance, the barriers, and these boundaries perfectly fit into these last 2 episodes. Wouldn't it be uncomfortable if they suddenly got into a relationship in the midst of all this? Imagine all of the unresolved internal tension that V could possibly project onto her despite not meaning to, and vice versa? Nope! Gross! Time and time again, V has been shown that he has and is still struggling with anger, guilt and shame. His characterization shows that he will close himself off as necessary to not only protect himself but others around him as well. We've seen one too many times where he feels undeserving of CY's (growing) affection. He needs to have been able to have resolved these things before he is able to finally let her in. And now, I think he is ready, and so is CY.

All this brings me to the point of today's last 10 minutes. If a hug, or worse, the cliched airport kiss scene, had happened, I would have probably lost it. Having to see a something like that shoehorned into the scene would have made me question "So what was the point of all this writing?". To me, Park Jae Bum has been breathing poignant all over Chayenzo, and I will believe that he will keep it that way. In fact, I wholeheartedly believe that PJB will deliver a massive payoff in the end that will be well worth the wait and patience (otherwise, what a waste of characters and time invested it would have been for us as the viewers, for the actors, and the storyline). Granted, it's going to be a payoff that fits both V and CY's characterizations. CY telling him the quote in Italian was a silent confession that I'll accept. 

And then the emphasis, the visual focus on them shaking hands. LORD PLEASE. It can be interpreted in so many different ways (friends, let's have fun with discourse!) but I like to see it as two people, who have bared all parts of their existence to each other, silently creating a pact of acceptance. I also don't think that V is that dumb or dense (ok well maybe he can be, but just for CY) to know that there's something unspoken that has been brewing between them.

It was brave enough of CY to run back to him, to tell him these things as he was leaving, and in my head she was smart enough to know that telling him some confession and maybe getting him to stay, would only make her feel that she would be holding him back. But their handshake, the lingering moment after letting go, and the silent conversation of their eyes told me instead "I wish you would stay, but I know that you have to take care of things first. I just want you to know that I trust that you'll be back."

V and CY are so close to the same page. They're still dancing around each other at this point; the situations and circumstances around them have not been cleared to the point that they can safely move on with their lives together. I think they're both waiting for a moment in time that they can safely cross that barrier between being partners to being something more. It would have been OOC for me if CY ran back inside the airport to kiss him. Why? Because of the respect she has for him and his (physical) boundaries. She's still not sure if she can cross them, and it should be V's turn to act on that next time. Remember when she apologized for hugging him at the end of Ep. 10? She was doing the same thing here. Extending her hand in that moment was enough. When V allowed himself to be vulnerable when they were at the lake together after his mother's funeral, the most she did and could do was to be there. While many of us would have loved a comforting hug, a pat on the back was enough let him know that she was right there with him, and will continue to do so. We love a respectful queen! Consent is sexy, folks! (Imagine V whispering in CY's ear with his deep and husky voice "I really want to kiss you right now" or "CAN I KISS YOU" while John Park's OST begins in the background asjkhskdfjsdgfjgkld)

CY may have taken a backseat within these last 2 episodes, but it will be driving the narrative and their relationship forward. The moment they cross each other's barriers and they enter each other's worlds wholeheartedly, she will be coming at full force. V will finally be able to use his queen (literally and figuratively) in this chess game and take charge of it, AS SHE SHOULD (otherwise, PJB and I are going to have a very interesting conversation). This might be Vincenzo's world, but CY is 100% part of it. The Vincenzo we know now would not be here without her, and vice versa. Needless to say, while the end is looming over us, I am SO excited to see where these 2 will take us.

(If you're made it this far, thank you SO MUCH for reading. I didn't expect to be writing this much. I want you to know that I love and I appreciate you with all my heart !)

• Like 6
  • Love 3

@ktcjdrama thanks for the insight. I went back to episode 12 and see that the clothes that they wear are similar to those in episode 16. And i also belatedly remember that CY already asks about guillotine file at episode 13 right after V come out of the basement.

This is why i love watching ongoing dramas, whenever something doesnt click right to me, i can find the answer right away. The same goes to my confusion of sequence in this episode. Are the interpols dead? Or do they come back to proceed taking down Paolo instead? Thank God people at reddit have their answers.

@haelan love it to bits. Please write more. Or perhaps inform me your tumblr. Some people at reddit said there are some nice posts in tumblr but i'm just too lazy to search for them. I only come accross 1 account that is interesting enough.

• Like 2

Preview of 19

Is that a bloody necklece that VC hold? Or is it the chain from the pocket watch? Something will happen to CY it seems.

The audacity of JW to use CY, knowing what VC is capable of, but I guess he is at the end of his rope.

From our perspective maybe this is the one thing that we all waiting for a plot device to put them closer together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

Preview of 19

I guess my wish has finally came true with Han-Seok and Cha-Young finally having a scene alone after 7 episodes and his escape from prison

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 6
24 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

Preview of 19

Is that a bloody necklece that VC hold? Or is it the chain from the pocket watch? Something will happen to CY it seems.

The audacity of the villains to use CY, knowing what VC is capable of, but from our perspective maybe this is the one thing that we all waiting for a plot device to put them closer together.

That looks like  a bloody necklace that VC holding, Could it be CY?.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
37 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

Preview of 19

The audacity of the villains to use CY, knowing what VC is capable of, but from our perspective maybe this is the one thing that we all waiting for a plot device to put them closer together.

Those are the Swarvoski earrings that he bought her.

I'm not surprised CY is kidnapped. I was betting on this happening. 1) It fits the logical arc of how Han-seok and Myung-hee operate, and CY is the only person they can get to that will truly "hurt" VC; and 2) CY and Han-seok still need a confrontation.

Alright, here is my application to be a clown at the circus with a slew of predictions:

1. CY's kidnapping will likely be the cliffhanger scene at the end of episode 19

2. She will get kidnapped after they win in court against Babel (court scene shown in the preview), as Han-seok and Myung-hee will go scorched earth after losing everything.

3. VC might take down Han-seok and then flee on the Bye-Bye Balloon, then there will be a time skip and he comes back as Park (whatever-his-Korean-name-is) and reunite with CY and the plaza family. (this prediction is more far-fetched).

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

I'm not surprised CY is kidnapped. I was betting on this happening. 1) It fits the logical arc of how Han-seok and Myung-hee operate, and CY is the only person they can get to that will truly "hurt" VC; and 2) CY and Han-seok still need a confrontation.

Spoiler

It seems like JW will kidnap CY and posibly hurt or killed HS... oh no....

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

“Vincenzo” And “Revolutionary Sisters” Both Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet

Apr 26, 2021
by E. Cha
6962dc5c46c94da9855be23eca4d5689.jpeg?s=

On April 25, both dramas achieved their highest viewership ratings to date. “Vincenzo” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.3 percent, marking a new all-time high for the show.

Preview ep 19

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Blob 1

As expected, Cha-young is now Vincenzo's achilles heel. I am looking forward to this epic finale!

Meanwhille.....it's only Monday! Damn it...

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

CY's kidnapping will likely be the cliffhanger scene at the end of episode 19

2. She will get kidnapped after they win in court against Babel (court scene shown in the preview), as Han-seok and Myung-hee will go scorched earth after losing everything.

3. VC might take down Han-seok and then flee on the Bye-Bye Balloon, then there will be a time skip and he comes back as Park (whatever-his-Korean-name-is) and reunite with CY and the plaza family. (this prediction is more far-fetched).

Your predictions all seem plausible, although I wish there will be no time skip, but I rather have time skip, then they are not together. I need Vincenzo confession, I'm curios of his way of confessing.

if I may add, how I wish the last scene be them walking hand in hand in the sunset on a beach in Malta.

What do guys think will happen to the gold? Will VC donate it? Split it among the tenants? Compensation fund for all babel victims? I doubt he will only divided it among the Jipuragi team, and mr. Cho.

Can't believe its the last week of Vincenzo.. kindda bitter sweet.

Our "Gatto Sazio" :blush:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

Just noticed something in this series...
Why is it Choi Myung-hee is always eating when she is not busy "killing" people. Even Jang Joon-woo is not eating as always as Choi MH. Just couldn't help noticing it.   
It's cool how JHS is "teaming" with Vincenzo. Like how he asks Vincenzo to shoot him so he can have evidence that he's not in cahoot with Vincenzo.
I am caught up to Ep 18 already and having to wait for another week to catch Ep 19 then Ep 20...finger crossing it will have a good ending.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조