[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

1 hour ago, agenth said:

I forgot to mention that he just deliberately threw his lighter away when lighting up the place. That lighter had a carving, family crest, on it. It is a good lead to find him and his people, especially when HCY also discarded her mask as soon as she was in the car, and such places usually have CCTV.

In any case, he keeps abandoning his lighter. Like when he blew up that vineyard, too. 

How many lighters of the same calibre does he own?

He acting like in Italy , he do that on proupse  in Italy  it like a print of the family  who did it , no law or evidence  for police  it all underground punishment between  criminal not trying to hide who did it but actually  announced  who did it 

And about the lighter  I doubt after that big fire and damage they will find it or even it will be in good  condition 

But about the HYC mask off I thought  the same in that scene, but I think they already take care of the CCTV I dont think  vincenzo  didn't  take plane it all just like he cut the water to make sure nothing  survive  in that building 

Finally  I think he has enough  number  of lighters to do a lot  of crazy things all the time :joy:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, TheaN said:

I also have a tiny piece of me thinking the same thing.  Is she undercover?  Is she trying to get to the real power behind Babel?  Did she stage the deaths of Hong and the researcher to protect them?  Same with Cha-Young, replacing her as the lawyer for Babel.  After the big reveal, I think anything is possible.

While we're at it, let's talk about that psychopathic villain.  Unfortunately, I don't think his feelings for Cha-Young are true.  

I thought Ms Choi was upright but when she was revealed to be the one who ordered the two men to kill Lawyer Hong, then ive changed my mind...

As for Teac... based on the above interview, with all his answers being just Cha-yong, perhaps he psychopatically likes Cha-yong very much....  im not sure what his motive was, since he was the one who revealed to cha-yong that the building was going to be torn down at 11pm the night Vincenzo had to create that party....

So will see if the writer can be consistent with with his characters and surprise us again .... 

And yes, i was concerned with the scene where everyone took down their masks when the building was slowly exploding... perhaps they had it covered, even the cctv room would be destroyed in the fire, hence the face reveal... 

• Like 5

New character poster for Jang Jun-Woo from TvN:

spacer.png

"Crazily ambitious CEO of the Babel Group ! Cold-blooded sociopathic villain… "

From the articles coming out today, sounds like he will continue to portray both roles, at least for awhile.  So the big reveal was for the audience's benefit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Vincenzo: Episode 3

by quirkycase

Vincenzo03-00099.jpg

Our eccentric corporate lawyer butts heads with her new boss as Wusang races to locate the missing researcher before he can implicate Babel and ruin their case. Meanwhile, when Babel makes it clear exactly how far they’re willing to go to silence those who get in their way, our lead and his righteous lawyer friend have differing ideas about what this fight is worth.

EPISODE 3

CEO Park’s people discover that the police are there on protection detail – one of the attendees is the Italian ambassador. Meanwhile, Cha-young pulls Vincenzo aside, wondering what his endgame is. He paid for this event himself and goes around in fancy designer suits, so what could he want with Geumga Plaza? Vincenzo claims he fell in love with place just because, but Cha-young denounces his romanticism and argues love always has a reason.

After hearing the ambassador is there, CEO Park calls the demolition off. Cha-young returns to Wusang where Attorney Han tells her off for not informing him about the run-away researcher. Cha-young doesn’t take well to being criticized by Myung-hee, and Myung-hee isn’t a fan of Cha-young’s arrogance. They decide to give Cha-young a chance to fix this with the understanding she’ll be fired if she fails.

Since Vincenzo arranged and paid for the event out of pocket, the tenants soften toward him, assuming he wouldn’t have spent all that money if he weren’t on their side. Chef Baek talks some nonsense about how he and Vincenzo connect because Italy, and the women gush over how handsome Vincenzo is.

At home, Vincenzo looks over the case files for Babel Pharmaceuticals and searches for a more permanent strategy for stopping the demolition. At Wusang, while Myung-hee does her aerobics in full view of the office, Cha-young gets Joon-woo to look up Vincenzo only to discover he’s a legit lawyer without a criminal record.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/vincenzo-episode-3/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Review: Netflix K-Drama “Vincenzo,” From an Italian Perspective

Learn what an Italian thinks of "Vincenzo"—the Netflix K-drama starring Song Joong-ki, Jeon Yeo-been, and Ok Taecyeon.

By Silvia Martinelli, 25 Feb 21 08:19 GMT

CE_Vincenzo-2.jpg

It’s not new to see non-Italian productions portray Italian gangsters. From movies like The Godfather  to TV shows like The Sopranos, this aspect of Italian culture has fascinated millions of people—leading to a whole genre of Italian mafia cinema worldwide which contain varying degrees of accuracy to Italians’ lived experiences.

Amidst this sea of productions, the new Netflix K-drama Vincenzo stands out by combining the typical serious intrigue of mafia-themed productions with the comforting and refreshing lightheartedness of Korean dramas.

As an Italian myself, I took an interest in the series because of this novel combination, and wanted to see how well it would portray my heritage. So, was Vincenzo a good representation of Italian culture?

Italia: Pizza, Pasta, and Mafia?

CE_Vincenzo-1.jpg

Portrayed by Song Joong-ki, the series’ protagonist is Vincenzo, a Korean boy who was adopted by an Italian mafia boss and subsequently introduced to the mafia world. Following the death of his adoptive father, Vincenzo decides to return to South Korea after many years, and take a new job. Unsurprisingly, Vincenzo represents an interesting blend of Korean and Italian cultures.

When Vincenzo displays habits like cursing in Italian when he is frustrated, and holding Italian cuisine close to his heart, it feels rather natural in a pleasing way.

As an Italian, I can assure you that we do love our food, and that there is a common assumption that when you encounter an “Italian restaurant” abroad, you will not have your dear traditional Italian food. Instead, you will be served dishes that sound Italian, but are definitely not close to true Italian tradition. Therefore, when in the first episode Vincenzo goes to an Italian restaurant supposedly run by a chef who learned to cook in Italy, but emerges disappointed, I felt his pain. He perfectly embodied the point of view of an Italian who cannot help but be annoyed at things that pretend to be Italian but, at the end of the day, are stereotypes at best.

Further, some credit should be given to Song Joong-ki for his lines in Italian. His pronunciation is very good, it is possible to understand each Italian word he speaks, and he is further able to skillfully convey emotions and gravity in his tone when needed. Of course, Song does not have the same fluidity of a native speaker—but that is to be expected, since he is not Italian and did not have any prior knowledge of the language. It’s pretty safe to say that the Korean public is going to learn a couple of Italian words by watching this show though.

Romanticization of the Mafia

CE_Vincenzo-3.jpg

However, there are some aspects of Italian culture that the drama portrays inaccurately.

In Italy, the mafia have been a prominent and real problem for centuries. However, in media produced outside of Italy, the mafia phenomenon comes with romantic and nostalgic connotations. Such productions associate concepts like honor, respect, and loyalty with the mafia, and depict them as positive, worthwhile values. While that isn’t bad per se, applying those concepts in a mafia environment leads to a wrongful perception of people who are nothing more than criminals; there is nothing honorable and respectable about organized crime in real life. The portrayal of “good” mobsters in foreign media feels deceitful to me, because mafia members have committed and still commit atrocious crimes in Italy.

Therefore, in the first episode of Vincenzo, it was upsetting to see the police boss dismiss his subordinate’s request to track Vincenzo due to his criminal links. Perhaps this is because the Italian mafia just doesn’t have as much of a history in Korea. However, given Korea has to deal with similar East Asian organizations like the Chinese triads and Japanese yakuza, it’s puzzling that police leaders who deal with organized crime don’t recognize the danger of the Italian mafia.

Beyond this oversight though, it’s also endearing to see how female lead Hong Cha-young naively assumes that, in Italy, it’s only the mafia that does certain despicable deeds. The reality here is that large companies or prominent figures might be just as bad as those criminal syndicates, if not downright controlled by them.

more https://www.cinemaescapist.com/2021/02/review-vincenzo-netflix-kdrama/

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 2

I have to question  is vincenzo  really doing  all that for the gold I have to question  if he having another twist  too( it 20 episodes drama), and the gold story is something  he made for some proupse  ( maybe there is a gold but not in that building but he using that building for another big  revenge plan from the past) just thought that cross my mind 

And another  thought out of all the people  he killed in the past there was one thing that can come back to hunt him now , when he advised the Chinese  man to kill all the people  who worked  on the gold  room and they where Korean people  so that can come to hunt him since he now involved with Korean people  and it kdrama, so yeh the karma  law say some of the people  who was killed for that gold cause his advice  will probably  be related  to someone  he going to meet or be close to him 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Hence.... there is possibility of him paying for his old crimes... ie, death at the end of the drama... God forbids, urghhh...

Just like when Cha Young was not satisifed with the driver who killed her father, walking free after probably a month in jail.... Vincenzo used a tactic that would have him killed in jail that night, and he was killed...... so.. everything is possible, 50%-50%

• Like 2

On 3/1/2021 at 3:51 AM, rita96 said:

Just wanted to highlight this!! I am so glad too that JYB finally had some scenes to show her acting chops. She is a complete scene stealer when it comes to potraying grief. So so good. This episode also had just the right amount of humour you know- something we found a bit overdone in the first 2 episodes. I hope this is the tone the drama maintains making just enough space for romanceeeee.

Speaking of romance, gosh it hasn't even started but SJK-JYB scenes are already overflowing with chemistryyyy. I want to scream when they are on screen together seriously, even the comedic scenes with SJK smiling to JYB's antics are heart fluttering. The scene where he was forcing himself to not think of her upon hearing of her arrest was so well done. We can already see how are leads have started caring for each other and it's adorable!--- and wait we are going to get a hand holding scene next week!!! How is this week going to passs????

This show was like a sleeping giant that has finally woken up and I am so happy that it has. Episode 4 has given us many things to look forward to: fighting evil with evil with our Jipuragi trio, SJK-JYB chemistry, Babel's and Wusang's unravelling, the dynamic between Myung-hee and the boss of Wusang, TC's play, the fate of the tenants, Geumga plaza gold recovery, Vincenzo's mother, etc. Hope the show does well to handle these developments.

Excellent post!  I agree with everything you said. I am so excited as to how everything is going to unfold in the upcoming episodes. They got the balance right this episode and we finally had more nuanced writing for Cha Young and JYB got to show her acting abilities more.

I love their chemistry so much already. Just love the way they bicker, work together and spark off each other.  Yes! Loved when Vincenzo was arguing with himself whilst feeling guilty about CY being arrested because of his trick.  I am just so excited to see their relationship develop. They have gone from enemies to frenemies to partners and looks like they will become friends to... :sparklyeyes:

On 3/1/2021 at 5:46 AM, GONE said:

Reveal hidden contents

Taec's nerdy newbie character was off and doesn't suit Taec at all. BUT holy crap, I did not expect him to be the real boss of BABEL. 

idgi Choi Myunghee felt injustice when her senior/superior asked her to clean their mess but she helps BABEL, orders people to kill someone then she got scared by bloody clothes? She act all tough and scary yet get scared easily. 

I think Myung Hee's character is just amoral.  She doesn't care about right or wrong.  She was cleaning up the politicians' dirty messes for years.  She was just mad because she wasn't being appreciated and properly compensated so she joined Babel and is doing the same thing but is getting way more money, more respect and a fancier office.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:14 PM, agenth said:

I forgot to mention that he just deliberately threw his lighter away when lighting up the place. That lighter had a carving, family crest, on it. It is a good lead to find him and his people, especially when HCY also discarded her mask as soon as she was in the car, and such places usually have CCTV.

In any case, he keeps abandoning his lighter. Like when he blew up that vineyard, too. 

How many lighters of the same calibre does he own?

I saw one analysis that Vincenzo leaving his lighter behind is like a power play or calling card or the way gangs leave tags. Like Vincenzo is saying: "Yeah, I did this and I don't care if you know":coolshades:

On 3/1/2021 at 7:46 PM, TheaN said:

Eng subs for that interview posted earlier

Thanks so much.  I love how Tacyeon''s answer to everything was "Cha Young". i guess because he couldn't reveal much about his character.  SJK and JYB couldn't stop laughing because they knew what he is doing:lol::lol::lol:

On 3/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, realistic2280a said:

As for Teac... based on the above interview, with all his answers being just Cha-yong, perhaps he psychopatically likes Cha-yong very much....  im not sure what his motive was, since he was the one who revealed to cha-yong that the building was going to be torn down at 11pm the night Vincenzo had to create that party....

I wonder about his motives too now we know the truth. Telling her about the demolition in episode 2, in episode 3 he seems very adamant about getting her off the case because he doesn't want her to get hurt, the way he looks at her in episode 4.  I think he does care about her but not in a healthy way - maybe a possessive or obsessive way.  Are sociopaths capable of love? It is sad because Cha Young actually seems to be a loner and JJW  is her only friend. He was the only one at her side when she was mourning and helped her move. 

Hilarious how he is disregarded as a bumbling fool so he can easily eavesdrop on the evil lawyers very important schemes.  The senior male Wausang lawyer mentions that Joon Woo is only good at being tech-savvy.  I wonder if it will turn out real Joon Woo is a tech genius or something.

Thank you for posting the making video @Naty828 Love seeing the closeness of Team Vincenzo:heart:  So cute when our Jipuragi trio were hugging to stay warm:blush: And I love that Yoo Jae Myung got a proper goodbye for his special appearance.  He really made a huge impact and will be missed:cry:  The BTS action for the big action scenes is so incredible seeing how actors were on a wire and a real truck was used in episode 3 or the real fire and explosions in episode 4.  No wonder it looked so impressive!  I am so tired of the prevalence of crappy CGI and green screen that it was especially refreshing to see real practical special effects!

On 3/3/2021 at 5:33 AM, nona88 said:

I have to question  is vincenzo  really doing  all that for the gold I have to question  if he having another twist  too( it 20 episodes drama), and the gold story is something  he made for some proupse  ( maybe there is a gold but not in that building but he using that building for another big  revenge plan from the past) just thought that cross my mind 

He was there just for the gold at first.  This was supposed to be a simple 72 hour job and he would be in and out but Babel's interference with Geumga Plaza and, most importantly, his friendship/mentoring relationship Hong Yu Chan have changed him and his motives.  It is clear Mr Hong has made a big impression on him.  Look at how many times he thinks about him.  Now he is emotionally invested, wants to take down Babel and seek vengeance for Mr Hong, he is forming a bond with Cha Young, even with Mr Nam.  Another viewer pointed out that he has even bought more furniture for his new flat.  Vincenzo doesn't realise it yet but subconsciously this place is slowly becoming his home.  

On 3/3/2021 at 1:48 PM, realistic2280a said:

Just like when Cha Young was not satisifed with the driver who killed her father, walking free after probably a month in jail.... Vincenzo used a tactic that would have him killed in jail that night, and he was killed...... so.. everything is possible, 50%-50%

That scene was very dark and I am glad the drama went there about the consequences of revenge.  Vincenzo knew his words would get the man killed and Cha Young thought that the revenge would be satisfying.  However, when she was eventually informed of Lee Chung-Il's death she realised it didn't actually make her feel any better or take the pain of her father's death away which is why she tells Vincenzo she still wants revenge but without taking lives. The way Vincenzo just smiled enigmatically and didn't answer her though...

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I wonder if Vincenzo has fallen for Cha Young yet, or when he will. I definitely think Cha Young has already fallen for Vincenzo. She was eyeing him like a cat who had found the biggest, juiciest mouse at the end of episode 2.

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1

Vincenzo: Episode 4

by quirkycase

Vincenzo04-01340.jpg

The recent “accident” has a profound effect on everyone involved and makes the fight even more personal. Our lead takes things into his own hands in the style he’s accustomed to, but he’s not the only one. Our quirky lawyer is determined to make the people responsible pay, and she decides her best chance is to work with her sketchy new lawyer acquaintance whether he likes it or not.

EPISODE 4

Cha-young arrives on the scene and wades through the crowd. She spots her father lying on the ground and walks toward him in a daze as police arrive. While an unconscious Vincenzo is rushed to the hospital, Cha-young sobs next to Yoo-chan’s body at the morgue. Nooo.

Babel must have gotten to the media because in the news coverage of Yoo-chan’s death, they start accusing him of bribing people in the Babel case and inciting the whistleblower to perjury. They also claim he violated the attorneys-at-law act.

Myung-hee does her exercises like nothing happened while the tenants of Geumga Plaza and Yoo-chan’s past clients mourn their friend and champion. They leave flowers and cover the outside of the Jipuragi office in notes of support and gratitude. Cha-young spends some time at her father’s grave and then visits a still unconscious Vincenzo in his hospital suite.

Meanwhile, Babel celebrates their drug getting approved. Attorney Han isn’t thrilled when Chairman Jang ignores his outstretched hand to instead shake Myung-hee’s. While Cha-young cries going through old photos, Min-cheol washes up on a beach in Busan.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/vincenzo-episode-4/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 3/5/2021 at 7:10 AM, Le_Amarant said:

I wonder if Vincenzo has fallen for Cha Young yet, or when he will. I definitely think Cha Young has already fallen for Vincenzo. She was eyeing him like a cat who had found the biggest, juiciest mouse at the end of episode 2.

I don't think she has fallen for him yet. She just looked impressed at his scheme. She is a girl with good taste so I'm sure she appreciated how good he looks but nothing in her behaviour so far indicates romantic attraction for him yet. In the scene immediately after that she accuses him of being untrustworthy again. 

The two of them have just started to trust each other in Episode 4 and are slowly forming a partnership and friendship. I think it will be a slow burn but I feel like Vincenzo will fall first. He is already worrying about her, smiles a little more and even did that silly little glass clinking thing she wanted to do to seal their deal:lol: I also think he might start to feel annoyed by JJW's relationship with Cha Young. Same with JJW toward Vincenzo.  JJW has had Cha Young all to himself for a long time and now she has left Wusang and partnered with Vincenzo. Vincenzo and JJW are both alpha males so it will be interesting to see their interactions even before they realise they are enemies.

On 3/5/2021 at 12:52 AM, nona88 said:

New still's  he has a lot of revenge that he still have to do ( they made mistake involved him in  ) 

More Kwak Dong Yeon scenes! Looks like Vincenzo is undercover in the gym. It must have been painful for our always impeccably dressed Mafioso to put on those casual clothes:lol:

• Like 4

Many new still's  :heart:

202103060905042410_1_20210306090647460.j

202103060905042410_4_20210306090647498.j  

Spoiler

202103060905042410_5_20210306090647508.j

202103060905042410_3_20210306090647494.j 202103060905042410_2_20210306090647485.j

I think we going to see the really face of the villain  to point to pity the current dummy CEO

Source

Found a pre video  of ep 5 

I feel bad for them one grow  up in USA  and other in Italy and both can't handle  the super spicy Korean food and holding on infront of the girl they like and their river  ( that not going to end well,  Korean spicy  food is :evilelmo:)

• Like 6
  • Blob 3