[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

You know a show is good when the scene you’re expecting to happen still hits you in the gut when it does happen onscreen. Despite bracing myself for impact when the next scene showed them sitting down for drinks at a shop with glass windows, that scene still made me jump. 

The show did really well in laying down the characters and their motives. They make you want to cheer for the underdog and the good side. Mr Hong is such an all too-good character whose philosophical viewpoints tugs at the heartstrings. In such a short time, he has managed to make an impact on Vincenzo whose views and Italian upbringing are presumably less principled and ethical. The bad guys maneuvering behind Babel Pharma and Geumga Plaza are obviously ruthless. And I’d love to see Vincenzo outmaneuver them all. If there’s anyone who would know how to fight against these “monsters”, it would be him. Because really, his upbringing coming from a Mafia family dealing with the Italian cartel, dealing with this Babel Pharma Group should be like a walk in the park for Signore Cassano.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I'm just pissed off Lawyer Hong didn't seek out the researcher immediately, when the guy decided he was going to testify. Everybody is looking out for him, and it has already been shown that Babel Group is playing dirty. He could have brought the man to his own home at least, where they could have killed him. That would have been more logical than just saying they're going to meet up the next day. 

And the ending, god. They just aren't subtle, are they? There's no way that the authorities could decide this was just an accident, or can they? Who drives into a restaurant, when it isn't even a proper street? In such streets they always drive slowly, because it's narrow and because of the people. 

• Like 2

That whispering scene at the party made me laugh.

This time Cha Young was like ''what was that''.  :D

I love the umbrella scene.

That was a beautiful shot with  the umbrella turning from above.

It reminded me of the cult scene from the movie ''Singin' in the Rain''.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I need to noted that I am living in Korea for 7 years and I was in Italy when I was living in Russia and I need to say mb you saw it's harsh how Vincenzo is judging fake Italian chef but can I tell you that cheap fusion Italian Korean food is freaking AWFUL. They also add Korean mushrooms in pasta and this is just EH for Europeans T_T. And you can't find good cheese in South Korea like it's sooo hard to find good cheese here T_T.

Ok toxic time is over. Sorry for nagging but this is so true how they portray Vincenzo reaction to his cooking. Yes it's harsh but saddly true xD. I suggest you to watch dorama Pasta xD

• LOL 5

To be exact, I only watch SJK scene right now..lol. For other scenes, I either skip it or doing something else. He slept for 9days and wakes up perfectly. Is he a monster? I am curious about his upbringing now. 

Uuu... The rookie is the baddy. And he is the only one pronounce VC correctly. Well, we know TC English is good too. For those who multilingual, actually is not hard to pronounce other languages correctly. I guess.. 

• Like 2

Episode 4 hit the spot! Sad that HYC passed but it was expected as the catalyst for Vincenzo and HCY to join hands. Vincenzo also now has a purpose to prolong his stay in Korea. The pace and events of this episode was exactly what I’ve been waiting for. It was so good! Loving the Vincenzo + HCY tandem. They’re so cool and I had a couple of good laughs from the schemes they pulled. Simply brilliant *chef’s kiss* That other lawyer also came in handy lol. 

The revelation of the actual villain was not shocking but shocking that it happened sooner than I expected. Whatever the case, I hope the writer have a good story behind why he’s wasting his time as an undercover intern at wuisang. Also are his feelings for HCY genuine? As the villain, can Taecyeon comb his hair back? Would be more intriguing and separate him from the puppy image we’ve already created of him. 

• Like 5

Hello folks!
I have not post here for a while, but anyway, a few words of caution.
Possible spoiler alert!, please read on at your own risk.

Spoiler

Base on the first 2 episodes, I think the mystery man in the hockey suit is "Geumga Plaza" owner.
The first 2 episodes did reveal that only 3 people knew the location of the hidden treasure.
the Chinese tycoon, Vincenzo and Choi young-Joon(Geumga Plaza owner).
But, the Chinese tycoon is dead, so that left only Vincenzo and Mr. Choi are the last 2 people
to know the location of the hidden treasure.
I suspect that Mr. Choi(Geumga Plaza owner) already stole the hidden treasure.
I find it's kind of odd that he had rent out the space above the treasure to the 'fasting monk',
that sit right on top of the hidden treasure. He probably did that on purpose to keep Vincenzo
from accessing the hidden treasure, and prevent Vincenzo from finding out someone already stole
the hidden treasure.
Mr. Choi(Geumga Plaza Owner) probably used that stolen money to somehow control Babel corporate
in the shadow. I find it strange that Babel Chairman Jang is willingly submitted to the mystery
person in the hockey suit.
If this is true, Mr. Choi forced signing over Geumga Plaza to Babel corporation is a fake.
It's just to mask his involvement with Babel corp., and to fool Vincenzo that he's innocent.
But of course, at this early in the show, everyone is still a suspect.

Wow! the ending of 3rd episode is shocking. The scene when the truck plow into the restaurant
got me almost jump out of my seat. This drama seriousness had turned up a few notches.
Can't wait for the rest of this drama. I enjoyed the show so far, and I hope everyone here enjoy it
also.

• Like 3

Ha! They're teaming up. I knew it. Of course, Vincenzo is going to do it shady way, and not the legal one. It means he knows he has to fight dirty to come ahead. But I also knew that he couldn't just kill people, because that would be too hardcore for the civilians to handle, like the lawyer and office manager. 

I like the shot where the fire was reflected in Puppy Intern's eyes, lmao. He looked like satan. And of course, the aura he oozed. Devilishly hot :D I love myself a good villain. 

Also, what is up with Prosecutor turned Partner? I didn't see it coming that she actually ordered the hit, even though there were signs of it. I thought it was a red herring. But no. I can see her tenacity, and of course she wouldn't give up, but the team warned her. They didn't really mask their identity either, like when they drove out of the factory.

I still don't like the building tenants, except the newbie, the NIS guy. But everyone else is annoying. Vincenzo just came out of the hospital and wants to recuperate, yet they annoy him. Besides, he wasn't that exhausted, just sprang out of bed. Let me tell you as someone who was 1 day in surgery and pumped up with pain meds: that's not possible. After 3 days of not eating much, every muscle hurt and it was very hard to move. But Vincenzo just looked fine. Lol. 

EDIT By @Sleepy Owl

Soompi_Advent_mini.jpg

December 7th

christmas-pigeon.jpg

Great Job at solving the clue!!!!

Here you are with Inzaghi all ready for Christmas! 

So Chingus, how ready are you for Christmas? Are your Christmas hats ready? Here are some Christmas hats for you to choose from :fullofhearts:

santahats-2048px-groupshot.jpg?auto=webp

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon, @agenth, @confusedheart, @Sleepy Owl

Edited by Sleepy Owl
Edited for Christmas event 2021
  • Like 11
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, brooksmom said:

Can someone help me. At where in ep4 does it get revealed that Taec is the villian.

Spoiler

It's at the end of Episode 4.

Edited by ferily
Please reply outside of quote. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MrEildriz said:
  Hide contents

It's at the end of Episode 4.

I've watched ep4 two times, haven't seen it. I'll try one more time. Thanks. I meant to give you a thanks trophy but accidently hit a heart. :)

Edited by brooksmom
hide
  • Like 1

Wow, good episodes this weekend, starting to heat up, but also enjoying the balance of the seriousness with the humor, going to spoiler this just in case. 

Spoiler

After watching episodes 3-4 this weekend. I am still really curious about taecyeon's character and why he has been posing as an intern. I wonder if he was following Hong Cha-young because of who her father was and her working at the lawfirm. Also still not sure of Choi Myung-hee's role too, she was threatened by Vincenzo in episode 4, but on episode 3 there was one scene where she knew and also had a hunch that the leader of Babel was not really the actual leader. I can't tell if she is an undercover for the prosecution or she has her own self interests in mind. 

• Like 7