[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Song Joong Ki Teaches Some Middle-School Delinquents An Unforgettable Lesson In “Vincenzo”

0c42c6503fdb499d81cfa84e1a6e2f5f.jpeg?s=

Feb 27, 2021
by E. Cha

Get ready to see Song Joong Ki teach some middle-school delinquents a lesson on “Vincenzo”!

Spoilers

In the first two episodes of tvN’s new drama “Vincenzo,” Vincenzo Cassano (played by Song Joong Ki) established himself as a rising antihero. He became further involved with the tenants of Geumga Plaza, and he fearlessly pitted himself against Babel Construction.

However, after facing off against the powerful Babel, Vincenzo will also have to prove himself to an unexpected new set of foes: a group of delinquent students whom he runs into at Geumga Plaza in the upcoming episode of the drama. In spite of the intimidating look in Vincenzo’s eyes, the middle-school students are dangerously fearless as they aggressively pick a fight with the mafia consigliere.

In the end, after eyeing the belligerent delinquents with an unimpressed expression, Vincenzo finally loosens his tie and sets out to teach them a lesson they won’t soon forget.

Song-Joong-Ki.jpeg

The producers of “Vincenzo” teased, “Without meaning to, Vincenzo is starting to adapt to Geumga Plaza. Please keep an eye on the transformations in the Geumga Plaza tenants and Vincenzo, who didn’t seem like they would fit well together at all in the beginning.”

They added, “Episodes 3 and 4 will be a turning point for Vincenzo as he comes face to face with a large-scale cartel.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456652wpp/song-joong-ki-teaches-some-middle-school-delinquents-an-unforgettable-lesson-in-vincenzo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

In spite of the intimidating look in Vincenzo’s eyes, the middle-school students are dangerously fearless as they aggressively pick a fight with the mafia consigliere.

In the end, after eyeing the belligerent delinquents with an unimpressed expression, Vincenzo finally loosens his tie and sets out to teach them a lesson they won’t soon forget.

Vincenzo's face:D  Those rude teens are about to be very sorry and learn to respect their elders :popcornjackson:

1 hour ago, larus said:

They added, “Episodes 3 and 4 will be a turning point for Vincenzo as he comes face to face with a large-scale cartel.”

Interesting! I wonder if this cartel has a relationship with the Babel group?

• Like 4

6 Things We Loved About The Premiere Of “Vincenzo”

Feb 27, 2021

3fcc9fa917e24c44b27477b4e5e0317a.jpeg?s=

The long-awaited series “Vincenzo” finally dropped this past weekend and there’s a lot to be said and to be excited about. The series revolves around an Italian consigliere by the name of Vincenzo Cassano (Song Joong Ki) who works for the Mafia. Although there’s only been two episodes so far, a lot has happened in the storyline. Here are six things we loved about the premiere episodes of “Vincenzo.”

Warning: Spoilers ahead!

1. Song Joong Ki

Welcome to the Song Joong Ki show. The first 10 minutes is basically one long Song Joong Ki CF, and I’m not even mad about it.

Song Joong Ki’s acting as Vincenzo is perfect in setting the tone and atmosphere of the story. From the way he sports those three-piece suits to seeing him act out those thrilling action scenes, Song Joong Ki’s return to the small screen is nothing short of immaculate. The fact that he even took intensive Italian classes to perfect this particular Italian dialect is impressive and respectable.

The backdrop of Italy suits him and his character, and it only adds to the excitement of the drama. The first two episodes only provided a brief glimpse into his complicated character, but we are looking forward to seeing those layers unfold as the story progresses.

2. Production value

In the first 15 minutes of the series, we have the beautiful backdrop of Italy. Along with the visuals of Song Joong Ki acting as a hotshot Italian mafia lawyer, the setting is breathtaking. The camera angles and scenic views of vineyards and beautiful Italian interior definitely sets the tone of the story and has viewers completely entranced.

3. The surprising comedic element

When the trailer first dropped for “Vincenzo,” no one could have really imagined just how much comedy would be incorporated in the script. And boy, were we surprised. Although the trailers did hint at it, it didn’t prepare viewers for the vast comedic element that the drama would be bringing. By the end of the second episode, we could see the parallels between past works of the writer Park Jae Bum, who had previously written “The Fiery Priest.” From the angry Italian mobster who gets mugged upon arriving in Korea to the Italian chef who pretends he studied in Italy, and even the ratty shower that seemed to echo the background OST, “Vincenzo” brought out all the laughs, which we couldn’t help but appreciate.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1455414wpp/6-things-we-loved-about-the-premiere-of-vincenzo

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rocher22 said:

Oh, no...I didnt expect that truck to crash into that restaurant.

I love all the scenes between Vincenzo and YC, especially that ordinary scene 

when he told Vincenzo to fix his tie.

The truck of doom was unavailable T_T

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

Just finished episode 3 and it’s my favorite episode so far. The first two episodes were more of an introduction of the characters and plot but episode 3 is where the story begins. The humor was also just the right amount. I didn’t think the tone was off or that it was overtly displayed and forced. I was also able to take Hong Cha Young seriously in this episode. Leaves me hopeful that she will mold into the badassery character that I desire her to be. 

I love the relationship between Vincenzo and HYC. Naturally their bond is like father and son and Vincenzo can’t help but care for HYC. Despite there being limited scenes between the leads, we certainly get hints of there being a love line between them. I’m excited to see how that flourishes. 

Trying not to give any spoilers so I’ll stop here and probably come back with specifics once everybody have watched. Can’t wait for tomorrow’s episode! I’m nervous because there was no preview. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, an-naum said:

What!!!!! I was shocked suddenly they were struck by truck of doom.. No!!!! VC will be alright. And... Where is episode 4 preview? 

I actually say it coming ,to be more precise i knew Lawyer Hong Yoo Chan will die one way or another as he was set kinda like part of the reason Vincenzo will start his bloody revenge and get involved in all of this being personal,i also think they might kill his friend who is in the hospital...Just like the motivation to make Cha Young turn against them and join hands with Vincenzo...Usually with this writer the real plot starts after 5/6 episodes so now we see is just how it all started,like the foundation for their actions later on...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

:wut: 

This is me at the end of episode 3. This shooooow. This show is so very good. Mannnnnnn. I am so sad, but I knew it was likely coming. Now it is time for the monster to take care of the bad guys like the dad asked for. 

• Like 5

:scream::scream::scream: This was me at the end of episode 3!

I was expecting we would lose Papa Hong but not like this and not so soon:bawling::bawling::bawling:   I thought they would at least wait until the end of episode 4.  The double whammy of the poor whistleblower being caught and the truck crashing through the window was terrifying.

"Regret is the most painful thing in life" Vincenzo has said that twice in the drama so far.  I wonder what Vincenzo's regrets are. 

Hong Cha Young should have listened to Vincenzo about regrets and things she said to her father and apologise immediately.  He was right that she was behaving like a brat.  Like Vincenzo said "criticisms children give their parents will come back as regrets" and hurtful words she threw at him in anger during their argument may well be the last words CHY will ever say to him. Even worse when she finds out he was right about the drugs and the evil company she was defending was the one who put the hit out on her father.  If her father is dead she will have regrets for the rest of her life. It is going to be interesting to see how her character develops in the aftermath

I wanted to scream at the screen when Hong Yu Chan said he would pick the researcher up tomorrow morning.  I knew that was a bad idea.  Vincenzo should feel bad for not answering the call or telling Hong Yu Chan straight away.  He did it to stop to stop HYC getting even further involved but now the researcher is dead and it did not save HYC.

We can see Vincenzo is unintentionally becoming attached to Geumga Plaza and the people.  He even tried to shake himself out of it and get on with recovering the gold but after this episode he will be out for blood.  Now Vincenzo will become the monster HYC was wishing for..

• Like 7

Wow - this thing is picking up speed fast

After finishing episode 3, just a few short and long term predictions ...

- Vincenzo will make peace with his mother before she passes, and he'll find away to clear her name before she dies.

- Cha-Young will become a public defender in the end

- Joon-Woo is "Crystal Ball"

- Chef Toto due to Vincenzo's critiques, will actually improve and become a renown chef

- Cheol-Wook after his "martial arts" are joked about for most of the drama, he will actually be a great fighter in the end

- Myung-Hee ... not sure - she might be evil, or she might be undercover for the prosecutors office

Ep 4 previews looks like the "monster" has been unleashed 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Good predictions at @LeftCoastOppa

Episode 3 definitely picked up speed towards the main plot as we are seeing our leads finally team up from the next episode.

I do hope Vincenzo makes peace with his mother.  I like the idea of Cha Yong becoming a public defender, clearing Vincenzo's mother's name and following in her father's footsteps.  Speaking of mothers, I wonder what exactly happened with Cha Young's mothe?

It made me laugh how Chef Toto had a bit of attitude with Vincenzo because he got all those compliments at the party.  Then Vincenzo insulted his food again and he was totally deflated.  Poor guy!:lol::lol::lol: 

Chairman Jang Han Seo (Kwak Dong Yeon's character) is actually kind of cute in a dumb way.  He isn't very bright, clueless and stressed out by "hyung-nim" demands.  The ex-prosecutor picked up very quickly that he is clearly no mastermind.

I think most people know the real villain now thanks to whatever fool messed up the casting notice last year:rolleyes: i wish we didn't know already because their scenes together are funny and his crush on her is cute. It was so adorable when he was listing the reasons she needs him like finding her car and being the audience for her skits^_^ What I don't get is why he seems to be trying to save Cha Young?  He clearly wants her off the case seemingly for her safety.  Does he genuinely have real feelings for her?

I am OBSESSED with Cha Young's fits in this episode. Her work styling is amazing:approves:

I didn't realise until I read a comment that Cha Young was making fun of Prosecutor Myung Hee's zumba dancing at the office drinks party (then I watched again and it was so obvious:P) That girl is too bold!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

@raziela I know right Taecyeon's character at this stage is really adorable and it's a shame that his role as an antagonist was revealed. I really like his cute and not-so-subtle ways of expressing that he likes HCY. However if he really is the evil guy then given what he did to all those researchers at his villa it's also a little creepy to have him flirt with her. Would have been even creepier if he was the one who ordered her father's death. I would honestly like to see more of both Kwak Dong-yeon and TC over say the other tenants honestly.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1