[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

55 minutes ago, N Bina said:

Vincenzo broke my heart today when he was crying in front of his mom. Excellent acting from SJK. I can't wait to see the hard work paid off in the last three episodes!

I was bawling my eyes out, it reminds me of the pain of losing my parents, excellent acting indeed. I lost it when he called her "eomma" :cries:

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

21 hours ago, ssteph said:

Cake for last filming day

Cr : actor Lee Woo Jin (Monk Juk Ha) IG

Thank you so much for posting that incredible cake:wow2:Whomever designed the

cake must be big fan. There are so many cool details for every character fetured on the cake.  They even included the gold bars and Inzaghi:lol:

SJK also gave a Vincenzo photobook to the staff as an end of filming thank you gift.  Can you believe they have been filming for EIGHT MONTHS?!

2 hours ago, kaqueski said:

Enjoy watching some interpretation video from the korean audience. (There's eng sub cc in this video). Some good points here.

Main point discussed in video: 

- He dissect the scene Han Seo looking at pictures of Vincenzo and his bro to see who he should choose to side with. Junwoo mention Elizabeth Holmes as an innovator, the author here explain who is Elizabeth Holmes - she's basically a scam, coming up with an idea of attracting investors with nothing. But Junwoo believes Elizabeth Holmes is innovative, shows Junwoo's mindset of running business. Han Seo after his encounter with vincenzo and did some studies, seem to know who is Elizabeth Holmes now and may develop a different approach for leading babel. 

- The shooting scene could be a ploy to get Vincenzo to stay in Korea due to threatening injuries (they can't deport him if he's injured). 

Thanks so much for the Korean viewer video and bullet points.  When Han Seok mentioned Elizabeth Holmes I was so confused because the only Elizabeth Holmes I have heard of is the one behind the Theranos scam.  I was wondering if he was referring to another Elizabeth Holmes but this was clearly a clue for Han Seo (who has been reading the business books!) that his brother still can't be trusted.  Being compared to a scam artist Elizabeth Holmes is not a compliment<_<

1 hour ago, itsmeash said:

Blank shot or not, that's still extremely painful. It's possible the single tear was a "darn this hurts," tear.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, itsmeash said:

Blank shot or not, that's still extremely painful. It's possible the single tear was a "darn this hurts," tear.

That is another possibility. I can already portray that after all the fake death, he'll come bragging to V for what he's done and asking for compliment but V will scold him complaining how it hurts.

• LOL 3

32 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

From the episode 18 pre-release, looks like we get the old HCY back in the house to eff stuff up! 

I am here for it! It is JYB's time to shineee!

YES! I'm so pleased my Hong Cha Young is back!:fun:I felt like she didn't have many scenes or lines in Episode 17 aside from the killing the henchman moment.

• Like 1

Aw...

Translation of the preview of episode 18:

Having received Han Seo’s call and gone to the ice skating rink, Vincenzo gets shot by a bullet and is in danger of being sent back to his country.
The Babel Tower auction VIPs, since things did not go as intended, start distrusting Jang Joon Woo.
Joon Woo becomes worried at the feeling of losing his chess pieces.
Meanwhile, CEO Jo who knows about the secret room beneath the Nanyak Temple, starts being pursued by someone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

“Taxi Driver” Ratings Hit New All-Time High As “Vincenzo” Returns Stronger Than Before

Apr 25, 2021
by E. Cha
b247c60d76994b609424af75e7623287.jpeg?s=

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Vincenzo” enjoyed a rise in viewership as it made its highly-anticipated return to air after a one-week hiatus. The latest episode of “Vincenzo” scored an average nationwide rating of 11.0 percent, marking an increase from the drama’s previous broadcast two weeks prior and taking first place in its time slot across all channels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2PM’s Taecyeon Has More Surprises In Store For The Geumga Plaza Tenants In “Vincenzo”

2601530971bd4e309b304b75fc0033d9.jpeg?s=

Apr 25, 2021
by S. P

The residents of Geumga Plaza are in danger in tonight’s episode of “Vincenzo”!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Vincenzo began a game of chess to topple each and every pawn that Jang Joon Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon) relied on. He threatened the villainous cartel by reducing to ruins their party to auction off floors of Babel Tower, but a major plot twist occurred when Jang Han Seo (Kwak Dong Yeon) betrayed Vincenzo by aiming a gun in his direction. Viewers watched on in shock as Vincenzo collapsed after being shot by the new chairman of Babel.

Kwak-Dong-Yeon1.jpg

Numerous variables are now making Vincenzo’s plan to overthrow Babel increasingly complicated. The guillotine file meant to be used against Babel revealed endless accounts of other cartels involved, and Han Seung Hyuk (Jo Han Chul) summoned Interpol to corner Vincenzo the moment he became the head of the Southeast District Prosecutors’ Office. Finally, Jang Han Seo betrayed Vincenzo after achieving his goal of returning to his position as chairman of Babel Group.

New stills preview more interesting developments in the upcoming episode. In one still, Jang Jun Woo gets put in handcuffs while numerous directors look on. Despite the turn of events, he wears a sly smile on his face.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465848wpp/2pms-taecyeon-has-more-surprises-in-store-for-the-geumga-plaza-tenants-in-vincenzo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

Holy moly the new OST is out on Spotify and its lyrics ARE SOMETHING! At this point, if we don't get a flushed out romance storyline or Chayenzo endgame, it's going to be utter clownery.

The lyrics are so tailor made to their story...

"I'll be forever in your arms, I'm always by your side"

I'll take this as a green light, that they'll be happy together in the end

you are right, the writer better not clown us! 

If we could collect all the wise words from Vincenzo :

"Regrets is the most painful thing in life"

"not everyone deserve love, people who hurt others, they only treat love as accesories"

And my fave

"all the complaints children give to their parents would only comeback as regrets"

Vinnie should write a book..really..

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote Tweets, thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Calm down guys :joy: We will get vincha moment coming soon :heart:

Or i'll join you guys of abandoning this writer lol 

I'm with you who believe that the death is fake...must be a part of Vinnie's plan.

Does geumga plaza get attack by babel thugs? In the preview...am worried :worried:

• LOL 2

19 hours ago, kaqueski said:

This episode make me feel that between vincenzo and cha young... there's a wall. They are still companion, but unless there's something drastic happen, i dont see their romance would advance any further. 

I agree about the wall in episode 17 (although I still believe their relationship will advance eventually:relaxed:).  This is the first time we have seen this disconnect between them.  Even when they were not as close at the beginning of their partnership there was never this distance between them.  I think it's because Vincenzo is grieving and hardened himself, focusing on the task and CY can't quite get through.

I thought this tweet also describes the issue well.  Prior to Episode 17 he would have discussed it with her or given her the choice.

Thanks for posting the ratings @mystic62 and @larus So happy Vincenzo ratings are still going strong:yay:  The drama has been a bit unlucky in timing going up against two big terrestrial dramas in a row: first, the ratings juggernaut that is Penthouse which was followed by Taxi Driver that is also getting great ratings for SBS. It's very impressive that our drama (which airs on a cable channel) has still managed to hold it's own against the two highest rated SBS dramas in the last year.

3 hours ago, fiona628 said:

Even Kim Go Eun is a big fan 

Netizens are calling JYB as the new KGE as she does resembles her a lot. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/COBTfjxJRgj/?igshid=l0hiwsomsscn

This makes me happy!  I have seen so many celebrities loving the drama:hooray2: I also thought JYB looks a bit similar to KGE. Two talented and pretty ladies:transforms: 

19 hours ago, itsmeash said:

There aren't enough romantic crumbs. I'm starving!

It really was romance crumbs in episode 17.  Along with how easily he was distracted when HS said her name I thought it was cute how he offered her the pastry in the hotel room.  If she had said yes, I am certain he would have fed it to her^_^

2 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

Holy moly the new OST is out on Spotify and its lyrics ARE SOMETHING! At this point, if we don't get a flushed out romance storyline or Chayenzo endgame, it's going to be utter clownery.

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

The lyrics are so tailor made to their story...

"I'll be forever in your arms, I'm always by your side"

I'll take this as a green light, that they'll be happy together in the end

you are right, the writer better not clown us! 

I have to admit these lyrics give me hope we will get some romantic progress in their relationship.  I wasn't expecting a confession or another kiss until the final weekend but I really hope this episode will finally give them time to talk (and maybe hug...I won't allow myself to hope for anything more lmao:flushed:):heart4:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Im a bit confused about the distance or wall between them it seems very abrupt and not in line with the story so far. I just wonder is they just had simultaneous shooting going on with Vincenzos scenes seperate and HCY and plaza residents scenes (coming in ep18) seperate and less scenes together as a result. And because of that the distance seems to exist but isn’t the writers intention?

Even the suicide bomber who was actually involved in her fathers killing when Vincenzo asked her she strongly answered she was okay with it even though she seemed upset. Was she upset because the situation was just overwhelming with everything going on rather than an ethical dilemma? Or are they showing the ethical dilemma as a simmering issue which will cause Vincenzo to leave the mafia world for HCY? But that contradicts what the scissor man advised Vincenzo. 

ughhh I think the episode was confusingggg and not clear at all with what it wanted to show and not intentionally at that, seems like a rushed shoot instead!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

3 Charming Ways Song Joong Ki Has Been Captivating Viewers In “Vincenzo”

50e6f1fb20784e399aa805095aa61016.jpeg?s=

Apr 25, 2021
by S. P

Song Joong Ki has been stealing hearts with his latest role in the tvN drama “Vincenzo”!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot by punished by the court of law.

Vincenzo is a character who is gentle to the weak and firm with the strong, while also being a villain who repays evil with even greater evil. When he is with the tenants of Geumga Plaza he can be clumsy and cute, which has given viewers plenty of laughs. Meanwhile, his cold and merciless demeanor when facing villains also proves his status as a Mafia consigliere.

Here are three ways in which Song Joong Ki’s portrayal of Vincenzo has been charming viewers!

Spoilers

1. His heart-stopping gaze

Vincenzo Cassano has stolen the show with his dark Mafia-like aura and cold gaze ever since his first appearance. His greed-filled eyes when he first discovered the gold hidden in Geumga Plaza was particularly memorable to viewers and remains a hot topic to this day. His gaze also took on a melodramatic turn when he was about to flick Hong Cha Young’s forehead, a scene that viewers waited eagerly for in anticipation of seeing Song Joong Ki’s melodramatic acting.

Most recently in episode 16, Vincenzo’s gaze reached a pinnacle of despair following the death of his mother Oh Kyung Ja (Yoon Bok In). As he shed tears, his eyes revealed a deep sadness and longing. Not long after, his eyes took on a bloodthirsty twinge as his rage at the perpetrators peaked. In particular, the look he shot at Jang Jun Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon) while aiming a gun at his face, void of all emotion, ushered in the greatest ending scene yet.

The various emotions that Song Joong Ki expressed through his gaze have created a more immersive experience for viewers and is considered one of the drama’s key points of interest.

Song-Joong-Ki5.jpg

2. His magical voice

Having already been well-known for his charming voice, Song Joong Ki has been able to make even greater use of his talent through his role as Vincenzo.

Vincenzo’s voice stands out even more when he fluently delivers his lines in Italian. In addition, his voice when he corners and threatens Choi Myung Hee (Kim Yeo Jin) in a laundromat is low and soft, but successfully conveys a hair-raising sense of horror to the listener. During a memorable scene where he tells Hong Cha Young to calm down following the deaths of the bereaved families of Babel Chemicals researchers, Vincenzo’s voice may have sounded cold, but the resonance in his tone proved that he was comforting her in his own way.

It is through the small and elegant fluctuations in his voice that Song Joong Ki has added even more depth to the character of Vincenzo.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1465861wpp/3-charming-ways-song-joong-ki-has-been-captivating-viewers-in-vincenzo

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1