[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

28 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

i think vin may end up faking his death at the end of all this... because it seems likely there will be a time jump ending...

I also feel that the writer might used time jump as plot device.. perhaps at the last ep?

13 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

There aren't enough romantic crumbs. I'm starving!

That makes the two of us!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, suzy0604 said:

I also feel that the writer might used time jump as plot device.. perhaps at the last ep?

yeah, possible. i saw on twitter a post about the last day of filming and them wanting a kid actor. i'm assuming it's a time jump with the kid being the GP couple who got pregnant's kid aged a bit.

• Like 4

I'm not ready for a fake death... I just hope he keeps CY in the loop. Or will they pull a CY thinks he's dead, too, but the end of the series ends with them locking eyes after years a part or something?? Idk how I'd react to something like that. I think I'd be part happy/part unfulfilled because that would feel more open ended than anything. I just want a happy ending after all they've been through. They deserve a happy ending together. Is that so much to ask for?!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yes, i was shocked at the death of the bomb-strapping guy... CY was clearly disturb, who wouldnt?...

One would have thought that they had become friends after helping V did some nasty things... and to end their lives just like that seemed cruel... yes yes, they did kill CY's father... but CY probably has forgiven them.. sigh.. 

As for ending of ep.17... V had  a tear flow out of his eye...  it looks real that he was shot... i wonder how is he going to escape in ep18... so intense

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

I'm not ready for a fake death... I just hope he keeps CY in the loop. Or will they pull a CY thinks he's dead, too, but the end of the series ends with them locking eyes after years a part or something?? Idk how I'd react to something like that. I think I'd be part happy/part unfulfilled because that would feel more open ended than anything. I just want a happy ending after all they've been through. They deserve a happy ending together. Is that so much to ask for?!

Yes... to be honest that kind of ending is the worst, really.. its like an easy solution for a writer "to leave it to the viewers imagination" without making it clear whether they are together or not.

With the decreased amount of Cencha crumbs, I'm afraid the writer might go that route.. but oh gawd I wish I'm wrong. These two lonely but adorable souls need to be together..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

Yes... to be honest that kind of ending is the worst, really.. its like an easy solution for a writer "to leave it to the viewers imagination" without making it clear whether they are together or not.

With the decreased amount of Cencha crumbs, I'm afraid the writer might go that route.. but oh gawd I wish I'm wrong. These two lonely but adorable souls need to be together..

Considering this writer wrote FP, too, I will not be very forgiving if that's the route the series goes. We know the writer can easily write a series with no romance if wanted ie FP. To give us romance crumbs in Vincenzo but not going anywhere with it would be a total jack wipe move, imo. Writer could've easily just left out romance all together, but didn't. So now gotta go the romantic route. An open ending as well as a sad one would be misplaced here. Especially since this is a dark comedy and all. Dark comedies usually have a surprisingly happy ending.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

^^ That's what I'm thinking, too. Next episode seems best bet considering the new VCY song comes out, too. I could see V coming to save CY and the other GP tenants and then that being the catalyst to VCY having a big important romance moment.

• Like 4

I know everyone is in shocked of the ending of ep 17.  Han Seo's behavior is a little fishy before the finale.  The preview where he said he'll avenge his big brother might refer to Vincenzo not Han Seok.  How awesome it was that the tenants and the international agents are working with the consigliere to bring down the corruption.  

Spoiler

Tomorrow, Luca will return on screen in Korean helping Vincenzo who is in top shape at Geumsa law firm so Vincenzo is fine.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I just hope that Han Seo hasn't really betrayed Vincenzo and they are working together in some crazy idea for making an escape.  When he tried to call him "hyung" before, his feelings seemed sincere.

And regarding Cha Young, I understand her shock when Vincenzo killed the guy. Hating your father's killer is a thing and becoming involved with killings yourself is another one, and a path with no return. Maybe this makes her think about the distance between Vincenzo and her, because as much as she enjoys fighting out of the law, I doubt she wants to become an assassin...and this will always separate them. Not sure if they will end up running away together or with a prospect of a future together. In any case, I'm fine with this romance being subtle and a bit in the background, because with so much violence and revenge going on it would be a bit jarring that they focus on it now. I'd rather prefer that they hint at a future together in the finale, but after all the action and vengeance end.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Oh god, after episode 17 the only thing re: Chayenzo people can talk about is if Cha-young will ultimately reject Vincenzo because of her discomfort with his methods and betray him by turning him into the authorities.

Ugh............................

• Shocked 1

Just finished watching eps 17...

oh noo...

The tears look real, does that mean he pass the baton to the GP warriors to complete his mission?

so we ll be seeing him only in flashbacks?

Hope Luca already inform about the interpol to VC and the interpol is just Luca accomplices in disguise :D:D

Cant wait for episode 18 :D

Lucaaa... come save Mr Corn Salad :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, screwyupsidedown19 said:

I feel like they wouldn’t put romance in without tying things up by the end. I could be wrong but this episode was particularly violent & having romance in this episode feels out of place.

I thought so too. But the whole report about the writer and PD struggling with the ending, and now everyone panicking that ep 17 means VC and CY will never be together, have me really worried.

I'm just praying that tmrw's episode will give us some reprieve, else my hopes will plummet.

• Like 5

Episode 17 was something else.  A few quick thoughts:

1. I am not missing the romance as that isn't why I tuned in to this show. I wanted to see how a "mafia" guy would act in Korea when faced with various obstacles and I have not been disappointed at all so far. I do enjoy romance stories and it would be a nice end to the series if they do end up in a relationship, but I think I'm also fine if that doesn't happen. VC comes from a completely different world than Cha Young - it may not blend well once all the drama/revenge is done. 

2. While I was shocked momentarily when the bomb took out the bad guy - like others have stated, VC is quite clear on who he is and the methods he will use. He said they would pay - and well, that guy did. Cha Young's reaction was completely understandable and again emphasized that they come from two different worlds. She wanted them to pay, but it was an entirely different thing to witness his death take place the way it did. But again - VC has been quite clear on who he is and what methods he will use. 

3. I am not surprised about Han Seo if it turns out he is actually betraying VC. I've mentioned before that I felt he could end up being worse than his brother. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this going forward. There was a lot going on there and I am going to watch it a second time to catch all the double dealing, traitorous foolishness that was taking place. Loved VC's statements to him on the ice. "You must have accomplished your goal".  Need to see how this Interpol mess resolves. :blink:

4. That scene when the new Cassano "family" got their new outfits was fabulous. Everyone looked so very sharp! Looooved that montage. Not to mention the family going out and handling business - awesome. The fact that the group asked to be part of the family and his "blessing" of it by giving them uniforms was very interesting to me.  Their support of him after his mom's death made me a bit teary eyed. It was very sweet.  Mr Ahn was enjoying his role in the family big time. :D

Very much look forward to tomorrow's episode. Three episodes left guys :tears:

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, MegaMa said:

1. I am not missing the romance as that isn't why I tuned in to this show. I wanted to see how a "mafia" guy would act in Korea when faced with various obstacles and I have not been disappointed at all so far. I do enjoy romance stories and it would be a nice end to the series if they do end up in a relationship, but I think I'm also fine if that doesn't happen. VC comes from a completely different world than Cha Young - it may not blend well once all the drama/revenge is done. 

I would be okay with this if they didn't spend so much time dropping in romantic scenes and teasing us. But now that they have, they need to tie it up, else it's just sh!tty writing that will leave fans enraged.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

I would be okay with this if they didn't spend so much time dropping in romantic scenes and teasing us. But now that they have, they need to tie it up, else it's just sh!tty writing that will leave fans enraged.

Perhaps this is why they rewrote things??? Originally no romance, but seeing the chemistry and fan reaction, perhaps yes? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

That ending scene was just wow... But it also work on a symbolic level ending Mafia Vincenzo as he takes back his Korean identity Joo Hyung. the way to completely leave his past behind and start fresh. 

• Like 7
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, sal2 said:

That ending scene was just wow... But it also work on a symbolic way ending Mafia Vincenzo as he takes back his Korean identity Joo Hyung. the way to completely leave his past behind and start fresh. 

Ooooh - I like that idea a lot. I'm so ready for tomorrow's episode!

• Like 5