[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

5 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

Goddamn @ that first ep17 still. SJK and JYB really match visually. I did not expect them to sync so well. They look better together than him and any of his previous female leads.

I have never shipped any actors, but I'm pushing the Titanic for these two. 

I agree 100%. They look so compatible and good together compared to all his past female leads! And that also includes his ex-wife (sorry, I just had to hahaha)

• Like 1

Song Joong Ki Comes Back Stronger Than Ever With Jeon Yeo Bin, Kwak Dong Yeon, And More In “Vincenzo”

Apr 24, 2021
by L. Kim

Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, Kwak Dong Yeon, and more are teaming up for heated vengeance in the next episode of “Vincenzo”!

The tvN drama stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Spoilers

Previously, Jang Joon Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon) and Choi Myung Hee (Kim Yeo Jin) searched for Vincenzo’s weakness in order to take him down once and for all. They ended up killing Vincenzo’s biological mother Oh Kyung Ja (Yoon Bok In), which fired up Vincenzo’s thirst for revenge, and he started a fierce counterattack against his enemies.

With only four episodes left until the end, “Vincenzo” released new stills of the upcoming episode that hint about an upcoming war between the villains and anti-heroes.

In the photos, Vincenzo’s eyes are filled with determination, and he visits Jang Han Seo (Kwak Dong Yeon) at the ice hockey rink. They exchange resolute eye contact, and it seems as if Jang Han Seo will play an important variable in this game.

vincenzo-22.jpg

vincenzo4.jpg

The drama also shared a glimpse of Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young’s collaboration with the members of the Geumga Plaza. All of them are wearing black suits, and they stride forward with lofty confidence. They look like a mafia family, and it will be exciting to find out how they will team up to win against evil.

vincenzo-14.jpg

Spoiler

vincenzo-3.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465751wpp/song-joong-ki-comes-back-stronger-than-ever-with-jeon-yeo-bin-kwak-dong-yeon-and-more-in-vincenzo

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Finally caught up to Vincenzo just in time for the next episodes.

I was hoping VC would make it to his mum's room and get the guy, but the storyline enhances the dramatics and thirst for revenge now. Dare I say that the Chairman chose not to take out HCY, because he has a soft spot for her? 

Also 16 episodes in and I'm burying my hope Prosecutor-Partner was going to be one of the good guys, but hidden. Every time she comes on screen and talks (or smirks), I just want to punch her. It doesn't help that she has a grating voice. 

Lol that dancing though.

img.gif

On happier notes, someone's looking good in Hockey clothes.

• Like 5

WE SURVIVED THE TWO WEEKS!!! 

:hooray2:

Anyway, here's my 2 cents on the confrontation part of Han Seo and Vincenzo from tonight's episode:

spacer.png

spacer.png

1. "You're just like your brother. I didn't expect much from you anyway."

History repeated itself. Just like how Jun Woo betrayed Cha Young's trust, Han Seo swayed at the last moment and turned to evil instead of helping them bring down his brother.

Or...

spacer.png

spacer.png

2. "Your betrayal means that you've accomplished your goal."

Goal... Why am I thinking that this is an ironical statement? HS 'goal' was to be recognized as their ally. Him caling 911 was one. What if HS' final test was to 'betray' V and by doing that, he has 'accomplished' his 'goal'? That's why Han Seok jail party will finally happen. 

Oh well. I really hope it's the second one. My trust issues just keeps on getting worse every episode.XD #VincenzoEp17

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Watching ep 17 now... sigh, he didnt kill the 4 stooges... to let them live while he destroy them slowly... man, he should just shoot that arragont female lawyer...

Oh.. should i say joonki's flawless.skin?.. not even a wrinkle from his eyes... sigh...:heart:

Why do they have to put both mother and son picture on the tombstone.. isnt that bad omen... sigh..

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

#Did VC forget about the second henchman`? The one who was now killed by Fake Prosecutor. I dont know why he ran back to her, he could have just left the country instead of becoming a stooge again. 

Yeah I really wish Vincenzo would have killed at least the female lawyer, that would have been so satisfying. Like crippling their legal team and the one who keeps having murderers on speed dial. 

Too bad about the potential VC/Hanseo broship! I did like the vicechairman's smile. 

• Like 4

Another roller coaster ride. Today episode make me think of redemption. 

I feel ChaYoung's shock when Vincenzo hits the bomb button to one of his shadow despite promising them "freedom". Like ChaYoung, I know these 2 shadow guys were the culprit to the hit-and-run that kill CY's dad; but they have been diligent and faithful to Vincenzo with hope for freedom? I do feel a bit bitter for them... and for a moment this is probably why revenge doesn't feel as sweet as people expect it to be. 

I was rooting for Han Seo's redemption, I was hoping to see him growing under Vincenzo guidance, and seeing how he was abused as a kid and lack of guidance and warmth from his abusive/psychopath older brother. But today, it was quite clear that Han Seo is someone who readily to switch side just to get what he wants. He wants to own Babel, and he would be willing to betray his brother to gain power to Babel. The moment his bro promised him Babel bio, the boy starts to wander.... That was disappointing, Han Seo. 

These kind of people cannot be trusted... so I feel like redemption is now no longer possible for Han Seo. 

This episode make me feel that between vincenzo and cha young... there's a wall. They are still companion, but unless there's something drastic happen, i dont see their romance would advance any further. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

I feel ChaYoung's shock when Vincenzo hits the bomb button to one of his shadow despite promising them "freedom". Like ChaYoung, I know these 2 shadow guys were the culprit to the hit-and-run that kill CY's dad; but they have been diligent and faithful to Vincenzo with hope for freedom? I do feel a bit bitter for them... and for a moment this is probably why revenge doesn't feel as sweet as people expect it to be. 

I mean, V did say that they'd use them first and then make them pay. I don't get why so many were shocked. V rarely ever doesn't do what he says he will. And sure, the guys helped with certain things, but at the end of the day they did kill CY's father, which means who knows if they'd be bribed to kill someone else in the future again. 

I was rooting for Han Seo's redemption, I was hoping to see him growing under Vincenzo guidance, and seeing how he was abused as a kid and lack of guidance and warmth from his abusive/psychopath older brother. But today, it was quite clear that Han Seo is someone who readily to switch side just to get what he wants. He wants to own Babel, and he would be willing to betray his brother to gain power to Babel. The moment his bro promised him Babel bio, the boy starts to wander.... That was disappointing, Han Seo. 

These kind of people cannot be trusted... so I feel like redemption is now no longer possible for Han Seo. 

Honestly, I kinda get the feeling this was all planned. Could be wrong, but something seems so fishy about the situation. Seems cordinated.

This episode make me feel that between vincenzo and cha young... there's a wall. They are still companion, but unless there's something drastic happen, i dont see their romance would advance any further. 

If the writers hadn't teased romance, I'd be fine with them not becoming more than partners. But they did tease romance, so now it'd feel kinda like an FU not to push them into romance territory. Maybe for the flashforward that seems likely??

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, leeriiin said:

2. "Your betrayal means that you've accomplished your goal."

Goal... Why am I thinking that this is an ironical statement? HS 'goal' was to be recognized as their ally. Him caling 911 was one. What if HS' final test was to 'betray' V and by doing that, he has 'accomplished' his 'goal'? That's why Han Seok jail party will finally happen. 

Oh well. I really hope it's the second one. My trust issues just keeps on getting worse every episode.XD #VincenzoEp17

I agree with you, this statement is sort of ambiguous and can be interpret in two ways: 

1. Hanseo betrays Vincenzo because he is now promised by his bro that he gets to own babel bio (accomplished his goal).

2. Vincenzo anticipate Hanseo's betrayal in his plan and therefore Hanseo has accomplished the goal V plan. 

• Like 4

What an amazing roller coaster of an episode! I feel like I'm running a marathon after that, or every episodes of Vincenzo.. its twist after twist ya all! Lol

I get that VC didnt want to give easy deaths to JW and his entourage, but as I have said before.. it will come with a price, and now he got shoot and based on the preview next ep JW will come after the Geumga residents. But I'm sure VC is always a step of his enemy, he might even planned/staged the whole thing at the ice rink with HS.

I need more VC and CY crumbs.. hiks.. :cries3:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, itsmeash said:

I mean, V did say that they'd use them first and then make them pay. I don't get why so many were shocked. V rarely ever doesn't do what he says he will. And sure, the guys helped with certain things, but at the end of the day they did kill CY's father, which means who knows if they'd be bribed to kill someone else in the future again. 

It's the way he does it. He gives them false hope in the beginning and he would free them and send money for them to flee, and them both look happy and try to complete the job. If I were CY next to him, hearing him saying this and then click the button like that, i would also be taken aback. CY was clearly shaken about his cruelness. 

Vincenzo has been consistent with his way. He shows it more to CY now. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

It's the way he does it. He gives them false hope in the beginning and he would free them and send money for the to flee, and them both look happy and try to complete the job. If I were CY next to him, hearing him saying this and then click the button like that, i would also be taken aback. CY was clearly shaken about his cruelness. 

Vincenzo has been consistent with his way. He shows it more to CY now. 

I get that. I'd probably be shocked at first, too. But then take in to consideration V's mafia life and the murder the guys committed and I'd understand. They were cruel killing CY's father, and V was cruel back. The kindergarten phrase comes to mind, "treat others how you want to be treated." Also, eye for an eye. In this case, life for a life.

** ً on Twitter: "adding this to the list of most iconic walks in kdrama history #Vincenzo #VincenzoEp17 https://t.co/mcPRgg2q85" / Twitter

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1