[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Song Joong Ki Shows His Charisma In Black-And-White Poster For Upcoming tvN Drama

f5a9fe45f7c24e1dbf6bd1bef21772aa.jpeg?s=

Jan 22, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s upcoming drama “Vincenzo” has unveiled a new poster of Song Joong Ki!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization. He ends up crossing paths with a sharp-tongued lawyer named Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin), and the two join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the law.

It is being directed by Kim Hee Won (“The Crowned Clown,” “Money Flower“) and written by Park Jae Bum (“The Fiery Priest,” “Good Manager,” “Good Doctor,” “God’s Quiz“). It also stars 2PM’s Taecyeon, Yoo Jae Myung, Kim Yeo Jin, Kwak Dong Yeon, and Jo Han Chul.

The new black-and-white poster shows Song Joong Ki’s dark charisma as a Mafia lawyer who is willing to do anything it takes to get justice. The poster background hints at his Italian upbringing and the caption reads, “Evil is punished by evil,” hinting at the character’s anti-hero status.

vincenzo-song-joong-ki.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450059wpp/song-joong-ki-shows-charisma-movie-star-poster-drama-vincenzo

• Like 2

And suddenly looking forwated to this drama. I've been waiing. Poster coming across a 1940/50s  mobster  movie like the one  they show on TNT classics. Yep those black and white movies. 

♫ I shot you down bang bang. That awful sound bang bang. 

You hit the ground bang bang. My baby shot me down ♫

#Icouldntresistsinging :lol::P:D

I like watching SJK But yeah, depending on genre and story plot. Maybe he will channel a character like Al Pacino or  Kevin Kostner in their old mafia movies.  Please let this be a good drama.

• Like 1

Song Joong Ki Transforms Into A Cold-Hearted Mafia Consigliere For Upcoming tvN Drama

d23ed6925dbc4c19aeb8d899446a9acf.jpeg?s=

Jan 25, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s upcoming drama “Vincenzo” released new stills of Song Joong Ki!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization. He ends up crossing paths with a sharp-tongued lawyer named Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin), and the two join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the law.

The drama is directed by Kim Hee Won, who worked on “The Crowned Clown” and “Money Flower,” and it is written by Park Jae Bum, who penned “The Fiery Priest,” “Good Manager,” “Good Doctor,” and “God’s Quiz.” “Vincenzo” also stars 2PM’s TaecyeonYoo Jae MyungKim Yeo JinKwak Dong Yeon, and Jo Han Chul.

In the newly released stills, Vincenzo is lost in thought with a glass of wine in his hand. He exudes a powerful charisma in his elegant and clean-cut suit as the Cassano family’s consigliere. Unlike his alluring outward appearance, he has a cold and expressionless face when he points the gun at someone. However, when he’s leading negotiations, Vincenzo has an easygoing smile and bright gaze.

Song-Joong-Ki-4.jpg

As a level-headed strategist with remarkable negotiation skills, Vincenzo Cassano lives for revenge, always giving people a taste of their own medicine. He will transform into a dark hero who takes down evil with evil methods when he discovers a deep-rooted, villainous cartel upon his arrival in Korea. Already, viewers are highly anticipating Vincenzo’s refreshing way of taking down villains as well as Song Joong Ki’s transformation into his one-of-a-kind character.

Song-Joong-Ki-3.jpg

Song Joong Ki shared, “I felt thrilled after coming across the script for the first time. It wasn’t a predictable story about good overcoming evil, and the method of punishing evil felt very new and refreshing. I think viewers will be able to feel the same thrill and catharsis.”

The actor added, “Although Vincenzo looks to be Korean on the outside, he’s Italian to the bone. Since he has always lived as a foreigner in the darkness, he’s a lonely figure who can’t even open up to people who are close to him. An interesting point in the drama will be Vincenzo’s change.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1450552wpp/song-joong-ki-transforms-into-a-cold-hearted-mafia-consigliere-for-upcoming-tvn-drama

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I said in previous page, maybe he'll be Al Pacino or Kevin Kostner with their mafia movies. But looking at the photos (prev page, thanks @larus) could be Johhny Depp's Donnie Brasco in a suit? . He will channel inner character young mob. Hoping to see somewhat of  Al Pacino's Michael Corleone type from his character.

The still shots and teaser.  I'm currently crushing on SJK. ❤️

cr:@

At the age of 8, Park Joo-Hyeong went to Italy after he was adopted. He is now an adult and has the name of Vincenzo Casano (Song Joong-Ki). He is a lawyer, who works for the Mafia as a consigliere. Because of a war between mafia groups, he flees to South Korea. In South Korea, he gets involved with Lawyer Hong Cha-Young (Jeon Yeo-Bin). She is the type of attorney who will do anything to win a case. Vincenzo Casano falls in love with her. He also achieves social justice by his own way.  (asianwiki)

I see this is from the director of one of my fav drama...Money Flower. This needs to be good. But I think it will depend on how the writing goes as well. I want to enjoy this

Yep... crushing atm :love:

cr: tvn/soompi

Song-Joong-Ki-4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 21/01/2021 at 11:59 AM, monalisa said:

I don't believe I have seen Jeon Yeo bin in any dramas before. And will we hear SJK speaks Italian?

I recommend her role in Be Melodramatic/Melo is My Nature.  She is incredible in that drama.

On 25/01/2021 at 5:17 AM, larus said:

The actor added, “Although Vincenzo looks to be Korean on the outside, he’s Italian to the bone. Since he has always lived as a foreigner in the darkness, he’s a lonely figure who can’t even open up to people who are close to him. An interesting point in the drama will be Vincenzo’s change.”

I'm quite excited for this but also kind of sceptical about the Mafia aspect. From the description the Mafia part

seems superfluous as the story takes place in Korea anyway.  What exactly do they mean by "Italian to the bone"?  I hope we don't get loads of cringe Italian stereotypes and bad Italian accents. K-dramas don't have a great track record when it comes to incorporating other cultures into their dramas.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ssteph said:

Jeon Yeo Bin Is A Competitive And Cutthroat Lawyer In Upcoming tvN Drama “Vincenzo”

9 hours ago, ssteph said:

Jeon Yeo Bin said, “Hong Cha Young is a character who is so competitive that she heads like a bulldozer for her target with her sharp tongue, crazy attitude, brilliant talent, and singleminded obsession. Like a beating heart, she has her own rhythm and sound, so I tried not to put any limits on expressing a character like her.

So excited for to watch Jeon Yeo Bin in this drama! Her character sounds amazing and I already love her style:sparklyeyes:

• Like 1

I hope to  see next TaecYon's stils.

In the meantime.  Daddy mafia strut :love:

I'm telling y'all.. this drama better good...otherwise good looks will be for naught. 

4 hours ago, raziela said:

So excited for to watch Jeon Yeo Bin in this drama! Her character sounds amazing and I already love her style

@raziela we'll see smart confident lawyer character.  I like when kdrama portray women characters as such. Shin Min Ah in Chief of Staff is good example.

The Mafia and the Lawyer. They look classy. They look the part.:wub:

Well, I'm mostly excited for this and LUCA. Need this to be well made drama.

OT: When I realize with so many dramas premiering this Feb,  my screen gonna be filled with Song Joong KI Kim Rae Won Shin Ha Kyun Lee Seo Jin Lee Seung Gi Cho Seung Woo. Aren't we kdrama fans the luckiest?!  Yes!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Song Joong-ki sets the stage for tvN’s Vincenzo

by tccolb

vint8.jpg

New promos have been released for tvN’s upcoming Vincenzo, featuring new character stills and a video teaser featuring the show’s headliner, Song Joong-ki (Arthdal Chronicles).

The drama stars Song as the titular Vincenzo, a former mafia lawyer who is forced to leave his Italian mob family due to internal betrayals. Returning to Korea, he becomes a dark vigilante for justice and teams up with other veteran lawyers. And together they work to undermine criminals who can’t be caught using the law alone, even if it means using methods that are morally questionable.

Although not pictured in the promos, the drama line-up also includes Jeon Yeo-bin (Be Melodramatic) and Taecyeon (The Game: Towards Zero) as the lawyers who join forces with Song Joong-ki. And Kwak Dong-yeon (No Second Chances) will be one of their targets.

The supporting cast also includes Yoo Jae-myung (Itaewon Class), Kim Yeo-jin (Extracurricular), and Jo Han-chul (Old School Intern) among others.

The newly released teaser places Song Joong-ki in an empty but shadowy hall only lit by the light from the windows. In a sequence of shots, we see him walking through the space and also sitting on a chair. And the camera focuses on a few key props: a lighter, gun, set of scales, a glass of wine that shatters and spills, and a flying dove. Song explains in voiceover, “I didn’t come her to negotiate but to warn. Because the final judgment will be made by me.” And the teaser comes to a close with Song aiming the gun at the audience.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/song-joong-ki-sets-the-stage-for-tvns-vincenzo/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@raziela we'll see smart confident lawyer character.  I like when kdrama portray women characters as such. Shin Min Ah in Chief of Staff is good example.

The Mafia and the Lawyer. They look classy. They look the part.:wub:

Yes, I love my female protagonists smart and confident:cutekitty:  i just hope they give Hong Cha Young lots of character development and badassness and don't reserve it all for the male lead.

Oooooooohhhhhh!:heart4: They look so good with those two pictures side by side.  I hope that translates to their onscreen chemistry too :love:

• Like 2

On 27/01/2021 at 3:46 AM, ssteph said:

Taecyeon said, “The script was so fun. The bickering between the characters brought them to life. Despite the tension of the characters getting into various situations with different goals, I found the constant undercurrent of humor in the lines to be appealing. I wanted to show that there’s something awkward about Joon Woo, so I decided to go for a new hairstyle. I’m doing my best in acting to show you something new.”

His new hairstyle is cute haha!:lol: Between this and The Uncanny Counter curly hair is going to be the fashionable look for guys this year!

His character sounds more fun than I was expecting. Sounds like it's a different type of character for him. 

So I check and found out the writer for Vincenzo  is the one from  Good Doctor ( starred Joo Won) and Quiz from God. I've seen Good Doctor and liked it. I don't know the God's Quiz. No idea what it is.

You know it's a good drama when the writing is good and fits the character. The lines make an impact. Story and pacing and emotion of characters and the weight of actions depends on excellent writing. Plus the excellent directing (case in point is  drama Five Enough). I hope Vincenzo will be a good one.

• Like 1

Second teaser video:

Trying not to get too excited (I'm cautious after too many drama disappointments last year:sweatingbullets:)but it's looking so good!:partyblob:

Song Joong Ki looking so handsome in this drama and the villains already look intimidating. I need more Jeon Yeo Bin and Kwak Dong Yeon though!

5 hours ago, jongski said:

So I check and found out the writer for Vincenzo  is the one from  Good Doctor ( starred Joo Won) and Quiz from God. I've seen Good Doctor and liked it. I don't know the God's Quiz. No idea what it is.

You know it's a good drama when the writing is good and fits the character. The lines make an impact. Story and pacing and emotion of characters and the weight of actions depends on excellent writing. Plus the excellent directing (case in point is  drama Five Enough). I hope Vincenzo will be a good one.

I really liked the director's work on The Crowned Clown so that definitely makes me more optimistic:)

• Like 3